PDA

View Full Version : Book by Stephen Colbert: I Am America

HM
10-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Overall....sux.
It starts out funny...I LOL'd several times. But, then it just gets old. It is like the same chapter repeated over and over, only names have been changed and all the humor was left out. It was a real chore to finish that book...and I love to read.
I recommend waiting for it to show up used on Amazon for $1...especially since it is almost $30 right now. I bought it in the Airport when my flight was delayed. You can have mine....even though he specifically forbids loaning out your book or giving it to other people.
He should have done something like a guide that was 50 pages at max.

~FM
10-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Overall....sux.
It starts out funny...I LOL'd several times. But, then it just gets old. It is like the same chapter repeated over and over, only names have been changed and all the humor was left out. It was a real chore to finish that book...and I love to read.
I recommend waiting for it to show up used on Amazon for $1...especially since it is almost $30 right now. I bought it in the Airport when my flight was delayed. You can have mine....even though he specifically forbids loaning out your book or giving it to other people.
He should have done something like a guide that was 50 pages at max.
I'm telling on you. :D Gonna head straight over to Colbert nation ... :D bet he'd mention you on his show for that post. :D
I been curious about the book myself but I guess I can heed your advice and wait for a used copy. :idea: :)

HM
10-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm telling on you. :D Gonna head straight over to Colbert nation ... :D bet he'd mention you on his show for that post. :D
I been curious about the book myself but I guess I can heed your advice and wait for a used copy. :idea: :)
I will send you mine! You can read it right away and we can start the official "Forbidden Stephen Colbert chain-letter/book campaign!"
or how about l put it on eBay and on Craigs list? :D
The best part of the book is it comes with its own book mark. Nothing like having the ability to get back to the same crappy page you left off on and not worry about the book mark falling out...it was such a relief.:rolleyes:

~FM
10-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I will send you mine! You can read it right away and we can start the official "Forbidden Stephen Colbert chain-letter/book campaign!"
or how about l put it on eBay and on Craigs list? :D
The best part of the book is it comes with its own book mark. Nothing like having the ability to get back to the same crappy page you left off on and not worry about the book mark falling out...it was such a relief.:rolleyes:
If you're serious I can PM you my snail mail! :D Course, you'd get more of your money back from ebay or Craigslist though. :D
As for the bookmark well that's just Stephen being thoughtful! :D
My curiosity will get the best of me - I know I'll manage to read it at some point. :rolleyes: :D

HM
10-19-2007, 01:20 PM
If you're serious I can PM you my snail mail! :D Course, you'd get more of your money back from ebay or Craigslist though. :D
As for the bookmark well that's just Stephen being thoughtful! :D
My curiosity will get the best of me - I know I'll manage to read it at some point. :rolleyes: :D
I like the idea of selling on eBay....but I am going to offer to PAY someone to take it from me or to give me a serious ass kicking for buying it...something along those lines. Might be worth 15 minutes of fame? :D

~FM
10-19-2007, 01:25 PM
I like the idea of selling on eBay....but I am going to offer to PAY someone to take it from me or to give me a serious ass kicking for buying it...something along those lines. Might be worth 15 minutes of fame? :D
I've never been to colbertnation website - does he have forums? Maybe you should register over there if he does and offer to do that?! :idea: :D That would practically guarantee you a mention on the show! :D

Schiada76
10-19-2007, 01:36 PM
If you like to read, read Lone Survivor. You won't be able to put it down, I'd even lend you my copy but it's out and there are to more people in line for it.:D

HM
10-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey....check out this eBay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190164819686
:D :D :D

spectras only
10-19-2007, 02:47 PM
HM , you're going to have an azz kicking from Colbert :idea: :D Watched him on Larry King , he was pretty funny there .

HM
10-19-2007, 03:03 PM
HM , you're going to have an azz kicking from Colbert :idea: :D Watched him on Larry King , he was pretty funny there .
Tell Stephen Colgay that I said "bring it!!!!!!"
:D

~FM
10-19-2007, 03:07 PM
OMG! LMFAO! Oh no you dinint! :D :D :D You rule! :cool: Love the write up! :D

uLtRADeNniS
10-19-2007, 03:10 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!:D
The description on ebay had my crying tears of laughter!

Debbolas
10-19-2007, 04:20 PM
My daughter and son LOVE his show. She wanted to read that book. I wonder if she should now. One of her friends at school gave her one of the red wrist bands as my daughter is more famous than her friend. :D
(She was on the school newscast in the morning)

HM
10-19-2007, 04:25 PM
My daughter and son LOVE his show. She wanted to read that book. I wonder if she should now. One of her friends at school gave her one of the red wrist bands as my daughter is more famous than her friend. :D
(She was on the school newscast in the morning)
His book is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Stephen Colbert.*
*Love as in I hate his guts.

Debbolas
10-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Yes, but does you right ear tip forward?
:D
I guess in the audio book, he yells, instead of reading it.