PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Hot Boat. We raised $1570.00 in the search for a cure for Alzheimers!!!

beaverretriever
10-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Daly and I did our Alzheimers Memory walk this morning. There was at least 500-800 people there, including Las Vegas's own, Mayor Oscar Goodman.
Out of all the individuals (not including team fundraisers), Daly and I (and you guys :)) raised the second most amount of money for the Las Vegas Chapter. Of course this was due to the support of friends and family like the AWESOME people on Hot Boat.
In the next few yrs, they are building the largest Alzheimers research facility in the world here in Vegas. We are proud to be a part of this. Hopefully this terrible disease will be wiped out soon as possible.
Hopefully we can raise 3-5k next yr with the support of some of the generous people here on HB!!!
Thanks again Hot Boat!!! We were blown away by the generous donations.
Here is some info if you are interested. The amount we raised does not reflect all of the donations show on the site. It is 100.00 short.
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=230577&supid=186733958

beaverretriever
10-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Bump... Just wanted to say thanks again to the people who donated from the forums. :)

Oldman_Boatmaster
10-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Congradulations!!!!
My daughter participated in the Memory Walk here in the Bay area two weeks ago and raised $2400. My wife suffers from early onset AD. Rotten disease.
Hope they find a cure or at least a way to lessen the effects. It will be to late for my wife but may help others.

beaverretriever
10-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Congradulations!!!!
My daughter participated in the Memory Walk here in the Bay area two weeks ago and raised $2400. My wife suffers from early onset AD. Rotten disease.
Hope they find a cure or at least a way to lessen the effects. It will be to late for my wife but may help others.
Sorry to hear about your wife.
Tell your daughter congrats...:) That is great.
Bump again... Thanks again folks.

I'mTheBeaver
10-21-2007, 10:17 AM
I am sorry to hear about your wife Oldman_Boatmaster. That is why it is so important that we continue to support this important cause to find a cure so we are looking forward to the opening of the Lou Ruvo Brain Institute (http://www.keepmemoryalive.org/about_us.php?sub=institute) in late 2008.
I just want to give a big THANK YOU to those who generously donated--your support was much appreciated!! The recognition for being in 2nd place for Top Individual Earner was nice but the credit really goes to the group below. We just feel good knowing that our group effort really made a difference.
Aaron Stoermer
Adam Jovin
Amy & Chitt Sorvongsavanh
Angeline Garbett
Brad Milton
Bryan Linington
Chris Stout
David Buckley
Dennis Huber
Diane Figgs
Don Curiel-Ruth
Dotte Kamanski
Ed Sutherland
Frances Jones
Heidi Slater
Henderson Harley-Davidson
James Diller
Jan & Nancy Fish
Jeff Haag
John & Maggie Costanza
Jonelle Lei Cachuela
Kristina Biane
Lisa Karp
Lisa Costanza
Mark Allen
Megan Kepler
Michael Nelson
Michael & Raelynn Lee
Mike Guardalabene
Robert Farrell
Rolanda Chung
Sam & Chante Fleming
Sherri Rodriguez
Todd Wilson
William & MaryAnne Jones
Photos from the event: http://www.hellodaly.com/labels/Memory%20Walk.html
And congratulations to your daughter too! That is something to be proud of as we are proud to have been a part of this event.

beaverretriever
10-22-2007, 08:57 AM
I am sorry to hear about your wife Oldman_Boatmaster. That is why it is so important that we continue to support this important cause to find a cure so we are looking forward to the opening of the Lou Ruvo Brain Institute (http://www.keepmemoryalive.org/about_us.php?sub=institute) in late 2008.
I just want to give a big THANK YOU to those who generously donated--your support was much appreciated!! The recognition for being in 2nd place for Top Individual Earner was nice but the credit really goes to the group below. We just feel good knowing that our group effort really made a difference.
Aaron Stoermer
Adam Jovin
Amy & Chitt Sorvongsavanh
Angeline Garbett
Brad Milton
Bryan Linington
Chris Stout
David Buckley
Dennis Huber
Diane Figgs
Don Curiel-Ruth
Dotte Kamanski
Ed Sutherland
Frances Jones
Heidi Slater
Henderson Harley-Davidson
James Diller
Jan & Nancy Fish
Jeff Haag
John & Maggie Costanza
Jonelle Lei Cachuela
Kristina Biane
Lisa Karp
Lisa Costanza
Mark Allen
Megan Kepler
Michael Nelson
Michael & Raelynn Lee
Mike Guardalabene
Robert Farrell
Rolanda Chung
Sam & Chante Fleming
Sherri Rodriguez
Todd Wilson
William & MaryAnne Jones
Photos from the event: http://www.hellodaly.com/labels/Memory%20Walk.html
And congratulations to your daughter too! That is something to be proud of as we are proud to have been a part of this event.
Bump for the work week. Thanks guys and gals. :)

essexjet
10-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Bump for the work week. Thanks guys and gals. :)
Thank you for bringing awareness and raising money for this disease. :) James