PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Gm 6 Spd Hd Trans Issues??

1RVRRNR
10-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Has anyone out there had any electrical issues with the new 2007 GM 6sp HD transmission. 1st 300 miles lost communication between modules and the trans was stuck in 2nd gear. Turned out to be a pin connector backed out, took the dealer 9 days to find the problem. Labor day weekend 4,000 miles later trans stuck in 3rd gear, turned out internal TCM inside the valve body malfunctioned. parts went on back order. total down time 25 days, 2 transmission failures. one more time automatic buy back,unfortuatly I love the truck and have already dumped tons of cash into it.

TheCarDudes
10-21-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that they will reimburse you for all the aftermarket items. At least that is what they did back when I used to work at a dealership. I saw Ford reimburse for custom wheels, lift, tires stereo, tint. Keep your receipts.
Good Luck.

cc322
10-21-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm pretty sure that they will reimburse you for all the aftermarket items. At least that is what they did back when I used to work at a dealership. I saw Ford reimburse for custom wheels, lift, tires stereo, tint. Keep your receipts.
Good Luck.
Maybe in the old days, but I think you will need to return it to stock and piece it out to re cover your money on aftermarket parts.

1RVRRNR
10-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Good Luck.
Well the good thing about this mess is the GM Rep is a friend of mine and Im also service manager with Scott Chevrolet, Pontiac, GMC As far as reimbursements they can be ---holes if they wish to.

Lightning
10-23-2007, 03:40 PM
I've had zero problems with my 07 Denali. 20,000 miles and no problems.

slingingsmoke
10-25-2007, 09:49 AM
No probs w/ my d-max and 6 speed trans....

OCMerrill
10-31-2007, 12:10 PM
No probs w/ my d-max and 6 speed trans....
I think this is about GM's new trans and not the Allison behind the Dmax.
The new 6 sp comes from the L485E that uses a bunch of electronics to create extra gear ratios. Apparently a bit to complicated out of the gate.