PDA

View Full Version : F-1 Way to go Kimi/Ferrari

Sleeper CP
10-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Great last pit stop. It looks like Kimi just might pull this off.
I'm sorry it doesn't look like Hamilton will re-write the record books, but he really pulled a brain fart 2 weeks ago that cost him the championship.
Kimi and Ferrari kind of deserve to win the Championship anyway after the crap with Mclaren and the $100 million dollar fine.
Hang in there Kimi 5 laps to go.
Sleeper CP

duffster
10-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Great last pit stop. It looks like Kimi just might pull this off.
I'm sorry it doesn't look like Hamilton will re-write the record books, but he really pulled a brain fart 2 weeks ago that cost him the championship.
Kimi and Ferrari kind of deserve to win the Championship anyway after the crap with Mclaren and the $100 million dollar fine.
Hang in there Kimi 5 laps to go.
Sleeper CP
Yes great job for Kimi and Ferrari. It kind of makes me want to run down to Pole Position and do some laps.

cdog
10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Good race. Kimi got lucky.

Sleeper CP
10-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Good race. Kimi got lucky.
Michael didn't win 7 Championship with skill alone;) It is a very big part of
winning Championships. The fact that Kimi had two dnf's this year ..well you know.
Sleeper CP

Tom Brown
10-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Michael didn't win 7 Championship with skill alone;)
Indeed. He had to run quite a few people off the road to achieve that level of success. :D
I'm a big Shumi fan and admire his skill and success but the guy definitely has sharp elbows. :cool:

cdog
10-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Kimi is a great driver. But he has the personality of a potato. His interviews consist of mono tone mumbling. Hamilton has great talent. Can't wait till next year. Too bad they won’t be coming back to Indy.:(

Sleeper CP
10-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Indeed. He had to run quite a few people off the road to achieve that level of success. :D
I'm a big Shumi fan and admire his skill and success but the guy definitely has sharp elbows. :cool:
Ditto::D
Sharp elbows, Shumi had razor blades screwed to them , and I still liked him:)
I think it would be cool if they changed the racing format to that of Moto GP, race day would be two moto's . Two shorter races for the day or a Sat-Sun race weekend. I think it would help.
I'm looking forward to next year.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Racer277
10-21-2007, 07:02 PM
???
I think you mean World Supers. Moto GP is one race on Sunday, they are probably going spec tires to follow World Supers.
It was great to see Kimmi smile at the interview. Simply an amazing day and year.
There is nothing more exciting than F1 qualifiying. Just incredible, if they only change the fuel burn, quali's will be awesome next year.
We now have 4 bitter rivals for the throne. THis is how it is supposed to be. Next year should be epic.
What you got now Tom Brown? :D
Next time, don't put results in the title please. I was at the track all day, media is on lockdown until the race gets replayed.
No spoilers in the tiltles.:mad: Ditto::D
Sharp elbows, Shumi had razor blades screwed to them , and I still liked him:)
I think it would be cool if they changed the racing format to that of Moto GP, race day would be two moto's . Two shorter races for the day or a Sat-Sun race weekend. I think it would help.
I'm looking forward to next year.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Racer277
10-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Sleeper CP
Don't forget that the crap with McLaren was that they had hundreds of pages of tech of exactly how Ferrari was cheating. When McLaren found this out and went to M Mosley, they got fined 100Million and lost all constructor points.
Somehow they didn't lose any driver's points (did they or didn't they get an advantage by finding out Ferrari was cheating?). And, Ferrari was never penalized.
WTF?
Oh yeah. This is F1:D

Warlockjer
10-21-2007, 07:20 PM
I think Kimi & Jimmie Johnson are related, both boring and monotone as hell !
And weather you want to admit it or not, both great race car drivers!!

DaveA
10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Wonder what the outcome of Kimi's post race tech inspection will be....
Oh wait, they confirmed it...
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/41156/

Racer277
10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Wonder what the outcome of Kimi's post race tech inspection will be....
No, no. THis is F1, that is too simple.
The question is what will be the outcome of the BMW and Williams post race tech inspection and driving techniques.
They could be dq'd, moving one L Hamilton up in the final results.
Bernie would finally have his boy with the Driver's World Championship.
Stranger things have happened...

Sleeper CP
10-21-2007, 10:28 PM
???
I think you mean World Supers. Moto GP is one race on Sunday, they are probably going spec tires to follow World Supers.
==========================================
Yes, either way it would be cool to have either two shorter races in one day or a Sat/Sun race weekend.
Next time, don't put results in the title please. I was at the track all day, media is on lockdown until the race gets replayed.
No spoilers in the tiltles.:mad:
Sorry about that I'll remember next time.:(
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Racer277
10-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Right on.
Williams and BMW's fuel samples were too cold. Race officials decided to let their results stand. McLaren is appealing the stewards decision to allow the results to stand. Obviously, if their results were negated, Hamilton would be champ.
We'll see, but I think Kimmi is champ.
Hoo Rah, we finally have a champ that parties like a race driver.

Sleeper CP
10-22-2007, 07:37 AM
What the hell happened to Hamilton's car? I haven't gone looking for anything yet. I'm really sorry he had such a brain fart two weeks ago, but that's racing. And I can't believe he went after Alonso on the first lap. Man I know they hate to give up track position, but when it comes down to track position or winning the Championship you got to look at the BIG PICTURE.
Next year should be interesting.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

cdog
10-22-2007, 07:46 AM
What the hell happened to Hamilton's car? I haven't gone looking for anything yet. I'm really sorry he had such a brain fart two weeks ago, but that's racing. And I can't believe he went after Alonso on the first lap. Man I know they hate to give up track position, but when it comes down to track position or winning the Championship you got to look at the BIG PICTURE.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
He had clutch/shifter or electronic problems with the gear box.

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
clutch/shifter and it cost him when he could not figure out how to disingage it.

dossangers
10-22-2007, 08:13 AM
I miss the days of the BEST F-1 driver who raced inferior cars and won! The best rain driver PERIOD! Instead of these ok drivers running the best equipment and winning!
"SENNA''

Sleeper CP
10-22-2007, 09:16 AM
He had clutch/shifter or electronic problems with the gear box.
clutch/shifter and it cost him when he could not figure out how to disingage it.
I miss the days of the BEST F-1 driver who raced inferior cars and won! The best rain driver PERIOD! Instead of these ok drivers running the best equipment and winning!
"SENNA''
During the race I heard the commentators say that, I was just wondering if there was anymore word on it. Interesting time to have that "gremlin"
On the SENNA statement... he was the man and talk about "sharp elbow's" anyone that would harpoon his own team mate to secure the Championship.:idea: I'm still not sure how to process that and it's been how many years?
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Racer277
10-22-2007, 05:38 PM
During the race I heard the commentators say that, I was just wondering if there was anymore word on it. Interesting time to have that "gremlin"
There is no reason I can find that Hamilton's car would have had intentional issues. Unless they switched cars between Hamilton and Alonso with short notice.
I do think his number was up for luck. Hamilton has had stellar luck all year. Alonso is hated by his team. Kimmi has had terrible luck his whole F1 career. If he had half of the races back that he broke while leading, he would have been a multi time champ by now.
There was simply too much scrutiny on McLaren for anything shifty. They even brought the cars in on the same laps for fuel/tires! That only happens when there is a safety car.
This was one hell of a season. Hopefully, next year will be just as tight.
There were several rain races, and there is always Monaco, now Belgium is back. We have plenty of races where driver's skill is displayed. The others are definetly car technology and driver consistency demonstrations.
Many awesome highlights to this season:
Kubica's crash in Canada
Alonso shoving Hamilton off at Le Source
Alonso crashing in the rain
Kimi's runaway victories
Hamilton's amazing rookie year
Alonso's holding up Hamilton in qualifying
Kimi's first championship
The battle for the championship going to the final race

duffster
10-22-2007, 05:49 PM
:D
http://www.hamiltongo.com/public/images/28vP7rd1FRgMzbIE.jpg

Sleeper CP
10-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Many awesome highlights to this season:
Kubica's crash in Canada
Alonso shoving Hamilton off at Le Source
Alonso crashing in the rain
Kimi's runaway victories
Hamilton's amazing rookie year
Alonso's holding up Hamilton in qualifying
Kimi's first championship
The battle for the championship going to the final race
Yes, the only thing you left off was Hamilton running off the track two weeks ago. That might be the biggest F-1 brain fart in the last 10 yrs.
But all and all what a great season.
Sleeper CP

dossangers
10-22-2007, 08:23 PM
On the SENNA statement... he was the man and talk about "sharp elbow's" anyone that would harpoon his own team mate to secure the Championship.:idea: I'm still not sure how to process that and it's been how many years?
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
Its gotten to the point where the drivers are taken out of it! The tech side has taken over so much that the best cars win with anybody in them! Senna was the Ironhead of F-1 I guess just like Earnhardt Sr. he lived RACING!!!!