PDA

View Full Version : Malibu Agin in TROUBLE HUH?

Not So Fast
10-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Having lived in So Cal most of my life and spending lots of Sundays cruizing the Malibu area because of the beauty of the place I have to say I wouldnt want to ever live or own property there. It seems that every 3-4-5 years or so the place self destructs from fire or rain and mud sides. The news just showed that the Colony and possibly Pepperdine were in serious trouble. Some of the houses were already on fire.
Anybody live around there with better info? We dont get much here in AZ:( NSF

Liquid Courage
10-21-2007, 11:29 AM
The big castle that's on the hill south of peperdine has burned down. It's been on tv shows and documentries. I heard theres some other homes that have burned in the colony.
I grew up in Malibu as a kid, went to Webster grade school. Our house was on PCH across from Tuna Canyon just north of topanga canyon. It was cool living right on the water but the traffic, the noise from PCH, the dirt from PCH, the mud slides, the fires, the storms, got old!

RitcheyRch
10-21-2007, 11:29 AM
This is the 2nd fire this year in that area. Didnt Suzanne Sommers lose her house in Jan?

Mohave Vice
10-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Anybody live around there with better info? We dont get much here in AZ:( NSF[/QUOTE]
Yep! My mom lives on PCH just down fron Kanan Rd. Right across from the fire station. I have been on the phone with her for "hours" this morning. This is not good!

77charger
10-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Yep! My mom lives on PCH just down fron Kanan Rd. Right across from the fire station. I have been on the phone with her for "hours" this morning. This is not good![/QUOTE]
just tune into kabc channel 7 they seem to like to show the whole fire deal and blow off the nascar race.:mad: :mad:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Having lived in So Cal most of my life and spending lots of Sundays cruizing the Malibu area because of the beauty of the place I have to say I wouldnt want to ever live or own property there. It seems that every 3-4-5 years or so the place self destructs from fire or rain and mud sides. The news just showed that the Colony and possibly Pepperdine were in serious trouble. Some of the houses were already on fire.
Bobby,
It's not only Malibu, Castaic and Agua Dulce (East of Canyon Country) are burning hard as well. Problem is that the Santa Ana condition if forecast through Tuesday. Scary stuff!
John
This is the 2nd fire this year in that area. Didnt Suzanne Sommers lose her house in Jan?
She lost it recently, for sure.

INSman
10-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Crazy out here right now, (6) large fires total going right now and the sky is completely saturated with smoke and the color is an amazing orange as seen below. Last night were probably the worst winds I have ever experienced in 43 years of living in Ventura County, seemed like 80-90 mph for hours on end :eek: :(
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/dsc02248.jpg

Liquid Courage
10-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Jesus Blane, you're 43!?:eek: :eek: :D :D

INSman
10-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Jesus Blane, you're 43!?:eek: :eek: :D :D
I know, I don't look a day over 30 :eek: :D ;)