PDA

View Full Version : Libel and Slander

XtrmWakeborder
10-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey guys I have a question for you. Is this statement slander or libel even if it is true?
"Anyone know how bad it feels to be cheated on by the person you wanted to spend the rest of ur life with and then let that person back into your life only to have them go behind ur back and start setting up other dates with other guys?"
Basically i'm putting it out there to warn other guys of this bitch that has my life in ruin right now and her dad is threatening me. lol
Thanks

Chubby4Life
10-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey guys I have a question for you. Is this statement slander or libel even if it is true?
"Anyone know how bad it feels to be cheated on by the person you wanted to spend the rest of ur life with and then let that person back into your life only to have them go behind ur back and start setting up other dates with other guys?"
Basically i'm putting it out there to warn other guys of this bitch that has my life in ruin right now and her dad is threatening me. lol
Thanks
I didn't know you could slander someone without giving their name.:confused:

hkunz
10-21-2007, 09:48 PM
I think it has to be untrue, and malicious. One is in print, the other spoken. With an x, it could almost always be considered malicious, but the untrue would be hard to prove. I'm not sure a website posting would be in writing (libel), or spoken (slander). Since both libel and slander are determined in court, are you thinking she may sue? Is she on this list?

C-2
10-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks
You're so fawked. They've nabbed your IP address, reversed it to your home address and first thing in the morning, a process server will jump out of the bushes and serve you with a Grand Jury Subpoena (for your own Grand Jury investigation).
-------------
Dude, it's the Internet. I think most of the lawsuits about Internet kibble are getting smacked down as OPINION.

Squirtin Thunder
10-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Check this out,
http://www.megalaw.com/top/defamation.php

redneckcharlie
10-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Tell daddy to stick it up his ass! He's the one that raised his child to behave that way. Keep in mind, not all women are that way. There are still many women that have a good heart and are worthy of your time and affection. Keep your head up!

redneckcharlie
10-22-2007, 12:55 AM
OMG, I sound like Dr. Phil!:D

Cigalert
10-22-2007, 07:15 AM
I'd kick myself in the nuts if I said something like that.
Step 1 was recognizing there was a problem. He moved backwards by starting off his recognition with an "OMG". Bad bad move. I agree, there would be a nut slamming in order.

XtrmWakeborder
10-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info guys:)

RiverDave
10-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Check this out,
Your the expert.. I've heard from several people now that your supposedly sueing myself, riverbound, and a few others for supposedly saying bad things about you.. LOL
Problem is, if someone was to expose someone else as a lying, cheating, no ethics, bad business, thieving, scam artist on a message board.. and those things turned out to be verifiably true, well then it isn't libel.. Nor is it slander.
The irony behind it though is running around telling people that your gonna sue, and presenting the reasons that you did, actually does provide a weak slander suit to the counterpart!! LOL... Fortunately for you though I don't believe in lawsuits, so I wouldn't expect any summons..
RD

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
I wonder why you let this person back themselves into your life?

riverbound
10-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Check this out,
Your the expert.. I've heard from several people now that your supposedly sueing myself, riverbound, and a few others for supposedly saying bad things about you.. LOL
Problem is, if someone was to expose someone else as a lying, cheating, no ethics, bad business, thieving, scam artist on a message board.. and those things turned out to be verifiably true, well then it isn't libel.. Nor is it slander.
The irony behind it though is running around telling people that your gonna sue, and presenting the reasons that you did, actually does provide a weak slander suit to the counterpart!! LOL... Fortunately for you though I don't believe in lawsuits, so I wouldn't expect any summons..
RD
I cant believe I missed this little gem of a post:D

XtrmWakeborder
10-22-2007, 02:35 PM
I wonder why you let this person back themselves into your life?
I absolutely, positively thought we would be together forever and loved her more than anything in the world. I can't even describe what I felt. We had so much in common, shared so many special moments, and had everything in our future planned out within the first few months. 3 years later and she does this. It presently has me at home because I couldn't stop throwing up at work and has me having nightmares every night. I'm a pu$$y, but I did everything for this girl and I guess it's true that people don't change. It sucks.:(

riverbound
10-22-2007, 03:08 PM
I absolutely, positively thought we would be together forever and loved her more than anything in the world. I can't even describe what I felt. We had so much in common, shared so many special moments, and had everything in our future planned out within the first few months. 3 years later and she does this. It presently has me at home because I couldn't stop throwing up at work and has me having nightmares every night. I'm a pu$$y, but I did everything for this girl and I guess it's true that people don't change. It sucks.:(
ummm..between your first post and this one. Dude Im kinda thinking you are a puss.
Unless you are throwing up because you have been out partying so much and are going to work hung over everyday, there is no excuse. she cheated on you once and you forgave her, you tried to work things out (understandable) but after the second time, she cheats on you again, its time to move on. If its an actual true statement, its not libel or slander. ie...squirting thunder scams people out of money to support his race habbit. although its not what people want to hear, I didnt say anyhting that was untrue. therefor he has no egal recourse. Just as the dad has no legal recourse that his daughter is a cheating ***** ;) Obviously Pops knows you are a pussy and is trying to play that against you.

XtrmWakeborder
10-22-2007, 03:20 PM
ummm..between your first post and this one. Dude Im kinda thinking you are a puss.
Unless you are throwing up because you have been out partying so much and are going to work hung over everyday, there is no excuse. she cheated on you once and you forgave her, you tried to work things out (understandable) but after the second time, she cheats on you again, its time to move on. If its an actual true statement, its not libel or slander. ie...squirting thunder scams people out of money to support his race habbit. although its not what people want to hear, I didnt say anyhting that was untrue. therefor he has no egal recourse. Just as the dad has no legal recourse that his daughter is a cheating ***** ;) Obviously Pops knows you are a pussy and is trying to play that against you.
Naw it's definitely nerves and yes in this case I deffinately am one. She didn't get to cheat on me the second time, I just broke it off before she could because I found out what she was doing. Pops doesn't scare me at all, that is why I came on here for info. It's deffinately true, so I have no problems. It just bums me out more than anything, we'll see what happens.
Thanks again guys

riverbound
10-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Naw it's definitely nerves and yes in this case I deffinately am one. She didn't get to cheat on me the second time, I just broke it off before she could because I found out what she was doing. Pops doesn't scare me at all, that is why I came on here for info. It's deffinately true, so I have no problems. It just bums me out more than anything, we'll see what happens.
Thanks again guys
the only usefiull piece of advice you need right now is ... "the best way to get over one woman is to get under another"
I think you need to go practice that.
<---Been in your shoes before. no one deserves a cheater.

ratso
10-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Some chicks just like a lot of random cock... Don't hold it against them...:idea:

riverbound
10-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Some chicks just like a lot of random cock... Don't hold it against them...:idea:
Or do...if you are random cock ;)

GHT
10-22-2007, 03:54 PM
:D That was funny right there.

GHT
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Sorry to hear it is such an Impact. Hope you figure everything out quickly. Best of luck.
GHT

ULTRA26 # 1
10-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Your not being a pussy, you're being human. Been there and done that and I can promise you that you will feel better, given a little time. Hang in there.

XtrmWakeborder
10-22-2007, 04:27 PM
the only usefiull piece of advice you need right now is ... "the best way to get over one woman is to get under another"
I think you need to go practice that.
<---Been in your shoes before. no one deserves a cheater.
Funny you say that because my buddy said it a few hours ago. Deffinately not what I want right now though. I wish I did....

Jordy
10-22-2007, 08:26 PM
I cant believe I missed this little gem of a post:D
Me neither, as I assume I'm on the list to be sued. After all, that scamming piece of shit did threaten me a while back, although it was a threat to kick me in the junk if I showed up. Not sure he had medical clearance for that kind of strain though. I'd honestly be disappointed if he didn't have me on the sue list. :notam:
Perhaps I can get him to sign the summons and put it on Ebay and make some money. :D
Your not being a pussy, you're being human.
Yeah, he's being a human pussy. :notam:
Now go have some angry sex with some random sloot you pull from a dive bar and get on with your life. :D

Boa1277
10-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Its always better to be the cheater than to be the cheated on. If you are doing the cheating you could care less if she tries to cheat on you..The bottom line is the man should be the player in this type of situation. Sorry your chick had the nuts in this case. My advice to you is to remember and never date a chick with bigger nuts than you. In fact never date a chick with nuts if you can help it.:D

riverbound
10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Me neither, as I assume I'm on the list to be sued. After all, that scamming piece of shit did threaten me a while back, although it was a threat to kick me in the junk if I showed up. Not sure he had medical clearance for that kind of strain though. I'd honestly be disappointed if he didn't have me on the sue list. :notam:
Perhaps I can get him to sign the summons and put it on Ebay and make some money. :D
Yeah, he's being a human pussy. :notam:
Now go have some angry sex with some random sloot you pull from a dive bar and get on with your life. :D
Fuel for race =$1200 (of someone elses money)
Entry fee =$350 (Of someone elses money)
The look on his face when he realized of all the docks in Parker to break down at....this was the wrong one=PRICELESS!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/Parker3002007023.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/Parker3002007026.jpg

wolfie
10-22-2007, 09:57 PM
He should be kicked in the nuts for knowing what Dr. Phil sounds like!!!!:D

wolfie
10-22-2007, 10:00 PM
RD
If it is for entertainment purposes it can be shown as non-malicious and not found to be defamation of character, so you're in the clear since I'm frequently entertained by your posts.

riverbound
10-22-2007, 10:08 PM
If it is for entertainment purposes it can be shown as non-malicious and not found to be defamation of character, so you're in the clear since I'm frequently entertained by your posts.
wouldnt one have to have a character to dafamate.

wolfie
10-22-2007, 10:10 PM
wouldnt one have to have a character to dafamate.
10-4...that's his other out. Gotta prove he wasn't an a$$hole to begin with...that may be a tough one.:D