PDA

View Full Version : Just a little thank you!

Garrddogg
10-22-2007, 05:58 AM
To all the fire fighters busting thier asses right now trying to keep our state from burning..
I know (hope) most are out workin the fires and wont read this, But I wanted to say "Thank you":D
Gary

Moneypitt
10-22-2007, 06:19 AM
I have heard the term 50 year, or 100 year flood.....So is this situation a 50 or 100 year fire?.....I have seen alot of different fires here in So Cal. Malibu, Brentwood, Topanga, Tijunga, Moorpark, Simi......etc etc........But Nothing, nothing even close, to this many areas on fire. Usually the neighboring Fire Fighters come to the aid of the affected area, but there are so many different fires to fight the resources are stretched very thin.......LA County FD has been on the lines, up close and personal to the flames for well over 24 straight hours battling, at times, 90 MPH winds...Sustained at over 40......This is exactly what was predicted after 05/06 being a very wet rain season, then 06/07 being very dry.......Where and when will it end?......I heard there are more than 15 MAJOR fires burning from Santa Barbara to San Diego with little or no relief in sight.....To Sam, ("Fired up" here on HB), and all the other Firemen and women, thank you, thank you for doing all that you do to keep us safe, and your un ending efforts to protect our properties from total destruction......Think about this situation next time you hear about Firefighters asking for a raise in pay and benefits.........What ever they make, it aint enough!!!!!!!!.......Over 50 years I've been watching this tenderbox we call So Cal burn in various areas, and now it seems like the entire area may burn to the sea................Ray

Tremor Therapy
10-22-2007, 06:26 AM
To all the fire fighters busting thier asses right now trying to keep our state from burning.."Thank you":D
Gary
Amen to that!
Down here in San Diego the 15 south is closed, the 5 is backed up onto the 78 almost to San Marcos, and schools are closing everywhere as evaculation centers! :sqeyes: To all of you fire fighters, law enforcement, and support staff, you stay safe and come home to your families. And once again, thank you so much for your efforts!
And especially to my fireman brother-in-law...Jeff, you keep safe and come home to my sister and your children!

Debbolas
10-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Thank you for protecting our homes, we don't want our hills to burn again like they did in the OLD fire:(

Throttle
10-22-2007, 07:05 AM
oh yeah, gonna be bustin my ass... if I can even get back into the state...

Hardly Satisfied
10-22-2007, 07:14 AM
To all the fire fighters busting thier asses right now trying to keep our state from burning..
I know (hope) most are out workin the fires and wont read this, But I wanted to say "Thank you":D
Gary
I 2nd this, Thank you

Hardly Satisfied
10-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Be carefull out there.

Garrddogg
10-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Happy birthday! now get yer ass back to work!:eek:
:D
Be safe

Kazanski
10-22-2007, 07:42 AM
You should hitch a ride into the state with a strike team coming from out there, cuz I'm sure they will be sending them soon, if they haven't already! Best of luck to all you guys out there on the lines! Just hope that everyone stays safe, with the numbers spread so thin, it's going to be rough! Thanks to the firefighters, brush crews, and everyone else out there fighting and to the families of these guys, thanks to you too!

Not So Fast
10-22-2007, 08:37 AM
HereHere on that:( NSF>>>>>>>>>>. I always take it with a grian of salt when I hear ignorance saying what a soft job firemen and cops have. Walk a mile in their shoes then make the dumb statements!!!!!!!

ULTRA26 # 1
10-22-2007, 08:43 AM
You should hitch a ride into the state with a strike team coming from out there, cuz I'm sure they will be sending them soon, if they haven't already! Best of luck to all you guys out there on the lines! Just hope that everyone stays safe, with the numbers spread so thin, it's going to be rough! Thanks to the firefighters, brush crews, and everyone else out there fighting and to the families of these guys, thanks to you too!
I will second that.
Not a cloud in the sky, and most of SoCal looks overcast at best. The air is nasty and there is a fire burning in any direction you turn.
Thanks to all of the Fire crews out there bust their asses trying to keep this whole area from going up in smoke. Per the weather forecasters the dangerous fire conditions won't past until late Tues, early Wed.

Garrddogg
10-22-2007, 09:17 AM
still blue skys here too.

Ms.Havasu
10-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Gary;
Check your PM's

Keith E. Sayre
10-22-2007, 11:35 AM
I 3rd that Not so Fast, whenever a cop or fireman shop for boats, they always get a pat on the back from me if nothing else. Give em hell guys
and gals, I'm glad you're out there. Stay safe. and Not So Fast, you're
right, the biggest basher in the world will get real humble the day that
he needs a little help!
Keith Sayre

RitcheyRch
10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
My thoughts exactly.
Gary