PDA

View Full Version : North County San Diego Evacuees...

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Four years ago Audrey and I had to leave our house because of the Cedar Fire, and one of the most frustrating things was not having anywhere to go or put our stuff. I know the feeling...
They just evacuated a HUGE area north of the 56 and between the 5 and the 15, and I know many folks are likely stuck in the mess.
We are so far out of the danger zone at our house and our shop will likely be just fine as it is next to the airport and has nothing but concrete around it for half a mile in any direction.
That said, if any of you hot boaters in North County needs a place to stay, food, a place to park your boat or toy hauler while waiting it out or gets hit hard and need real help, we are here for you.
Space is limited at the shop, but my house has an acre and hookups, and we have four bedrooms.
Drop me a PM if you have been evacuated and need help...
Wes and Audrey

Sigus
10-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Wow, that is very kind of you.

Miss Perfect
10-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Just when I think ***boat sux, I read things like this.... that is very nice of you. http://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/aktion033.gif

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Wow, that is very kind of you.
Four years ago Miller 19 and his wife were sincerely offering to tow down a giant oversized flatbed trailer from the Santa Maria area for me to put my still-unfinished molds on to get them out of Boulevard... the real heart of the fire danger. The support we received from really good folks was incredible, and will never be forgotten.
Least I can do. I have space with a big yard and hookups.

voodoomedman
10-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Four years ago Audrey and I had to leave our house because of the Cedar Fire, and one of the most frustrating things was not having anywhere to go or put our stuff. I know the feeling...
They just evacuated a HUGE area north of the 56 and between the 5 and the 15, and I know many folks are likely stuck in the mess.
We are so far out of the danger zone at our house and our shop will likely be just fine as it is next to the airport and has nothing but concrete around it for half a mile in any direction.
That said, if any of you hot boaters in North County needs a place to stay, food, a place to park your boat or toy hauler while waiting it out or gets hit hard and need real help, we are here for you.
Space is limited at the shop, but my house has an acre and hookups, and we have four bedrooms.
Wes and Audrey
Very stand up. That has got to be the best post you've ever typed.

Jbb
10-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Wes is from the park......You can leave the park.....but you're always from the park...:)

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Wes is from the park......You can leave the park.....but you're always from the park...:)
I can't believe you haven't figured out my new avatar yet... or Brown either for that matter...
Dissapointing.
Let me give you a hint.. "It's ****in ****** and Patrick Swayze!"

AZJD
10-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Your a good guy Wes.

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Your a good guy Wes.
Not really... I am merely doing this to improve my apparent likeability to a large market. ;) Seems like a good business move.
J/K guys... even though I know some manufacturers are rolling their eyes and thinking exactly that right now.

Jbb
10-22-2007, 08:20 AM
I can't believe you haven't figured out my new avatar yet... or Brown either for that matter...
Dissapointing.
Let me give you a hint.. "It's ****in ****** and Patrick Swayze!"
:D :D :D
Cyrus is old news now.....:jawdrop:
F**k Patrick Swayze...

topless
10-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Wes, you have always been a stand up guy and always willing to help no matter what. Way to go.:)

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Wes, you have always been a stand up guy and always willing to help no matter what. Way to go.:)
Thanks... no more sunk boats though... :D

Mandelon
10-22-2007, 08:34 AM
My house is OK, but can I just come and stay with Audrey anyway? :D

Magic34
10-22-2007, 08:39 AM
I am renting an RV and would like a spot from 10/24 to 11/7.
Thanks!!!!

Singleton
10-22-2007, 08:40 AM
North County HB's -
If you need to move your stuff due to the fires and can not get to Wes's place due to traffic drop me a PM.
I don't have alot of room, but my house in Carlsbad (by the lagoon) is open.
I can take a couple trailers, and then on the street is OK (I will get pass from CPD if needed).
Just shoot me a PM.

Lightning
10-22-2007, 08:43 AM
As well from us - if anyone needs a place to go, shoot me a pm, we have room and are very well protected from any fire.

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 08:53 AM
good lord....I woke up this morning to see this, I know so many that live in that area......no one has answered a call yet........it must be awful, after 40yrs of living there I know how crazy/devastating these things get. The north end of the area is N.County's premier area..filled with over growth, ELM trees and estates well into the $10m-$100m range...it must be hell with the only road being Del Dios Hwy lined with 40' elm trees.:( :( :(
http://www.cbs8.com/misc/fires_oct_07/evacuation_area.jpg

Garrddogg
10-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I can only imagine (and I dont like it) how it must feel to have to bail from my home. :(
weve got room for prolly two families ( one bedroom and the pusher ) and room for one trailer on the street. in san dimas..
weve got some room iffin anyone is displaced.. prolly not necesary but puttin it out there.:(
Gary

Keith E. Sayre
10-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Now we're seeing who the real true "hot boaters" are. Froggy,Singleton,
Lightning, Garrddog: I'm not surprised at all. And as for a good "business move", Wes you would have made the same offer even if you weren't
in the boat business. And as for rolling our eyes, I only do that when
you show up with about 40 girls on your boat!
Good luck to any of you folks in harms way. and I want the spot next to
Magic 34 because he has all the cool toys.
Keith Sayre

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Just heard Barrymac had to evacuate. :(
Maybe Havaskank also ????

Garrddogg
10-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Well we are down the hill if needed!

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 09:15 AM
he is packed ready to go but is still at home, I hear Toby and RiverRoyal have been evacuated..it's heading right towards my old home:jawdrop:

essexjet
10-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Live news from san diego http://www.10news.com/video/14036255/index.html

Garrddogg
10-22-2007, 09:29 AM
he is packed ready to go but is still at home, I hear Toby and RiverRoyal have been evacuated..it's heading right towards my old home:jawdrop:
If anyone needs a place

JB in so cal
10-22-2007, 09:37 AM
I've got Riverroyal's dog. He's at a Carlsbad hotel sipping mimosas...

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Well we are down the hill if needed!
Just heard Havaskank has been evacuated she is headed to her dads.
Thoughts and prayers for all involved

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 09:41 AM
I just heard that El Monte Park area just got evacuated, and that is John West's hood. I will drop him a line right now and let him know we will help if possible. He has a pretty nice moho, so he is unlikely to need lodging, but with horses and dogs... can be tough. If you have storage for horses... John may need some help.
I called Chaddyshack and Screamin Pete. Pete may be headed down and staying with us but he is still up in the air. Didn't get a hold of Chad.
Ari, do you have BMac covered?
Update... My numbers for John and Leah are old and not correct. If anyone can get a hold of them it would be good I imagine.

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Same goes with me, I'll help out if nec.
Just off the phone with Bmac 15 minutes ago. He's packed and ready to leave, he's waiting a bit to hope for the wind to take it away from his house. Fire probably less than 2 miles from him.
He also told me that Tobtek and River Royal got the evac calls last night already.
What a fricken mess, worse than 4 years ago. Seems like the whole county is ablaze.:(
We sofar have clear air where I'm at in Oceanside but the brown air is quickly approaching, thick at shit too.
Lets hope Mother nature gives our brave firefighters a chance to get a grip on these fires, literally, these fires are completely out of control.

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 09:46 AM
I just heard that El Monte Park area just got evacuated, and that is John West's hood. I will drop him a line right now and let him know we will help if possible. He has a pretty nice moho, so he is unlikely to need lodging, but with horses and dogs... can be tough. If you have storage for horses... John may need some help.
I called Chaddyshack and Screamin Pete. Pete may be headed down and staying with us but he is still up in the air. Didn't get a hold of Chad.
Ari, do you have BMac covered?
Update... My numbers for John and Leah are old and not correct. If anyone can get a hold of them it would be good I imagine.
I talked with Barry, he's got my help if needed.

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Same goes with me, I'll help out if nec.
Just off the phone with Bmac 15 minutes ago. He's packed and ready to leave, he's waiting a bit to hope for the wind to take it away from his house. Fire probably less than 2 miles from him.
He also told me that Tobtek and River Royal got the evac calls last night already.
What a fricken mess, worse than 4 years ago. Seems like the whole county is ablaze.:(
We sofar have clear air where I'm at in Oceanside but the brown air is quickly approaching, thick at shit too.
Lets hope Mother nature gives our brave firefighters a chance to get a grip on these fires, literally, these fires are completely out of control.
Zig--
What about HDD Glenn is he safe???

hkunz
10-22-2007, 09:48 AM
If any north LA folks need hookups, we have one full hookup site here in Bakersfield. I don't know if you can get here with the winds, however, but the spot is open, or can be with just a few tugs on the stuff there now. 661-345-5713, no caller ID blocking.
Also have an acre of outside boat storage.
Downside: if fire comes here, working oil fields are right across the street, so you may have to move again.
Mike

JB in so cal
10-22-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm in south oc. If anyone needs to park something, I have RV storage on the side of my house - can't fit a 5er, but a couple small boats/1 big one.
Let me know.

Mandelon
10-22-2007, 09:49 AM
I left Barry a message but it sounds like he's covered. We have space too if anyone needs it.

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Zig--
What about HDD Glenn is he safe???
Not sure, but I think he is east of the fallbrook fire..... Only getting his voicemail.

Garrddogg
10-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Not sure, but I think he is east of the fallbrook fire..... Only getting his voicemail.
I only got vm too

clownpuncher
10-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Man, this thread is taking off. Good peeps on here.
Good luck to y'all.

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Rich... always a giver... :D

HOOTER SLED-
10-22-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm here to help too if needed!!!!!!!!! I'm actually on vacation this week and at home. Anyone in SD needs help, we're in Corona. Will help if I can. :)

Havasu_Dreamin
10-22-2007, 10:01 AM
I put this in another thread. I got this off of the San Diego Union Tribune website. Does not sounds good at all....
9:22 a.m. October 22, 2007
The fires ravaging San Diego County are expected to get much worse before they get better.
Over the next two days, city and county officials expect the fires will eclipse the damage caused by the 2003 Cedar fire, the worst wildfire on record in California.
“This fire will probably be the worst this county has ever seen – worse than the Cedar fire,” Sheriff Bill Kolender said.
The weather forecast is equally grim. Overnight, gusting winds sparked new fires and spread smoke and ash throughout the county. Thousands of people have been forced from their homes, and scores of roads and schools have been closed.
Help from other fire agencies is on the way, but firefighters are battling severe Santa Ana winds that will ultimately determine the fires' paths.
Along with providing updates at a morning news conference, city and county officials discussed the challenges they are facing and what's ahead.
There are currently seven fires actively burning in the county. Four fires that started overnight have been extinguished.
There are reports of at least 20 people who have been treated for injuries, most having suffered burns in the Harris fire, which also claimed the life of one civilian.
At least six firefighters have been hurt battling blazes throughout the county.
There are no estimates yet on the number of structures lost or damaged, but officials said several homes have burned.
Some of the smaller fires – such as the Guejito fire – were caused by downed power lines and transformers but officials have yet to determine whatsparked the Harris or Witch fires or the other major blazes that are burning out of control.
Additional firefighting resources have been called in from as far away as Lake Tahoe and the Bay area, but those crews are being split with Los Angeles County because similar fires are burning there, said Chief Bill Metcalf, county area fire coordinator.
A thousand fire engines have been called and about a quarter of them have arrived.
Metcalf described the fire conditions as “extraordinarily dangerous” and “dramatically worsening.” “This is nowhere near finished,” he said. “This is worst than many of us imagined. We're seeing 100 to 200 feet flame lengths and truly explosive fire behavior.”
The Witch fire is rapidly burning in two directions – to the west and to the south. It has crossed Interstate 15 at Lake Hodges into Rancho Bernardo.
“I think it will go to the ocean before it stops,” Metcalf said, which means the fire would pass through Rancho Santa Fe, Solana Beach and Encinitas.
Metcalf also is concerned that the Witch fire will take the same path as the Cedar fire, south through Wildcat Canyon, Barona, Lakeside and Santee.
The Harris fire continues to move “dramatically to the west and cause a great deal of destruction,” Metcalf said.
He expects the fire to spread to the ocean through the communities of Otay Lakes and Chula Vista.
The Coronado Hills fire in San Marcos, like the Harris and Witch fires, is zero percent contained, Metcalf said. He fears it could burn west through Carlsbad.
The Rice Canyon Fire, east of Interstate 15 and south of Temecula, is threatening Fallbrook.
“It's one of those days that are beyond our capabilities,” said San Diego Fire-Rescue Chief Tracy Jarman.
Firefighting efforts have been hindered because the aircrafts used to fight the flames are grounded due to strong winds and poor visibility.
Jarman said 240 firefighters and 60 engines are in Rancho Bernardo “trying to hold the line.”
Along with dangerous weather conditions, firefighters said they haven't been able to get ahead of the flames because their efforts have been focused on rescuing people.
“We haven't done any suppression because in most cases fire personnel are being pulled off to do rescues of people who were told to evacuate,” Metcalf said.
Officials repeatedly urged residents to evacuate if told to do so or if they see fire.
San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders told residents to minimize their cell phone use and calls to 911 to avoid clogging the emergency lines.
“These fires are moving very quickly so you really need to pay attention,” he said.
The mayor said city employees are staffing an evacuation relief center at Qualcomm Stadium “because the Red Cross is maxed out.”
County Supervisor Ron Roberts said dozens of roads have been closed and several school districts have canceled classes.
He urged residents to stay tuned to news reports.
“We have every reason to believe the weather conditions will remain the same the next couple days. That's the bad news,” Roberts said.
County Supervisor Dianne Jacobs said “lives are more important in this kind of situation. Property can be replaced. . . we don't know what will happen next, but we will get through this.”

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 10:03 AM
I only got vm too
Sent a text no reply yet. :confused:

Brewzed
10-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm up in Corona too. I can tow pretty much anything. I have a distribution hitch w/ up to 1400# bars and a drop hitch with 2" or 2 5/8" set ups. I have a fifth wheel hitch, but is set up for the superglide system. If you need anything hauled or moved please let me know.
Fred 951-264-8402

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, after reading HH's post he is near where that fire is, south of it a little bit. He's right at the south end of the Pala Mesa golf course, just a block or two from the I-15

Garrddogg
10-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm up in Corona too. I can tow pretty much anything. I have a distribution hitch w/ up to 1400# bars and a drop hitch with 2" or 2 5/8" set ups. I have a fifth wheel hitch, but is set up for the superglide system. If you need anything hauled or moved please let me know.
Fred 951-264-8402
DITTO I can also tow almost anything as well.. f550..

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Ugh, my golfing buddy lives at the north end of the Pala Mesa golf course too. Talked with him and he may need my help as well, although he was saying the fire is moving away from his place.:confused:

Lightning
10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Called Screamin Pete and Barry Mac a few hours ago and let them know that the house is available for them if they'd like. BMac was packed and ready as was Pete.
Just got a message from BMac's that they have left the house. Talked to Pete right now, he has evacuated and is at the Center of the Arts with family and essentials. They are staying put for now.

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Ugh, my golfing buddy lives at the north end of the Pala Mesa golf course too. Talked with him and he may need my help as well, although he was saying the fire is moving away from his place.:confused:
No word yet. :(
The Pixies are on voluntary evac as of right now.
And she is having some contractions :mad: (I am freaking) :rolleyes: :(

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Talked to Pete right now, he has evacuated and is at the Center of the Arts with family and essentials. They are staying put for now.
Only because they can't finda way south. I am trying to figure out how Pete can get down here without the 15, the 67 or the 78... all of which are closed up there...
Any ideas? I am looking for surface streets but coming up empty.

Magic34
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
I keep trying to call JW and see if there is anything I can do to help, but the system is jammed up. All circuit busy message.
That means everyone and their mother is on their cell phone.

Miss Perfect
10-22-2007, 10:59 AM
They are now doing mandatory evac's in Lakeside out near EL Cap. It is amazing how far this thing has spread :(

Lightning
10-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Only because they can't finda way south. I am trying to figure out how Pete can get down here without the 15, the 67 or the 78... all of which are closed up there...
Any ideas? I am looking for surface streets but coming up empty.
Nothing on my end...I was under the impression that the 78 west is open - and thought he should go west 78 to 5 south. Details are scattered right now, so hard to say. He is looking for a way out....just cannot find one that is open.

Magic34
10-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Cell phone system is all jacked down there.

Singleton
10-22-2007, 11:06 AM
I keep trying to call JW and see if there is anything I can do to help, but the system is jammed up. All circuit busy message.
I just got off the phone with Jason. JW is at home taking care of business.

Magic34
10-22-2007, 11:09 AM
I just got off the phone with Jason. JW is at home taking care of business.
Do they need any help? I have the Freightliner and the dually to haul stuff.

widowmaker
10-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Wes and Audrey
Cool thanks I'm in RSF and It's getting close....

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Nothing on my end...I was under the impression that the 78 west is open - and thought he should go west 78 to 5 south. Details are scattered right now, so hard to say. He is looking for a way out....just cannot find one that is open.
78 West is NOT open. It leads to Ramona, where the other fire is located.
I just found a route on a dirt road on Google Earth. Seriously.
I am going to try to walk Pete down the correct road on cell phone like Chloe on 24...
See if this works.

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Cool thanks I'm in RSF and It's getting close....
Get south or north dude... Especially in RSF... it isn't going to get any better for you if you wait.
You are welcome down here. Bring the boat and we will put it up for you. Sort out the rest at your leisure.

Lightning
78 West is NOT open. It leads to Ramona, where the other fire is located.
I just found a route on a dirt road on Google Earth. Seriously.
I am going to try to walk Pete down the correct road on cell phone like Chloe on 24...
See if this works.
I know east is closed, I thought west is all good. Don't rely on the cell phone too much....reception is jacked right now. Also, if they are at a designated aid station, it may make sense for them to stay put.

Singleton
Do they need any help? I have the Freightliner and the dually to haul stuff.
Not sure. If you are not in San Diego, not going to help.
JW was in Texas with the fmaily over the weekend (sons were racing), so he just got back into town I believe. If Jason calls me and says he needs help, I will call your cell.

Lightning
10-22-2007, 11:17 AM
JW was in Texas with the fmaily over the weekend (sons were racing), so he just got back into town I believe. If Jason calls me and says he needs help, I will call your cell.
If there is anything that I can do, let me know. I am right off the 8 and very easy to get to east county.

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 11:18 AM
I know east is closed, I thought west is all good. Don't rely on the cell phone too much....reception is jacked right now. Also, if they are at a designated aid station, it may make sense for them to stay put.
78 West is the northern end of the evacuation zone, and probably a bowl of spilled **** right now. I would HATE to get stuck on the 78 with wind coming my way carrying fire.
Plus, Pete has his 70 yo neighbor with him taking care of her. He says she is hot for a 70 year old... ;)

Magic34
10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
I know, I am 6 hours away at best with little traffic but I would help if anyone needs it. 6 hours is very little time in these situations, but it sucks to sit by and watch.

Singleton
10-22-2007, 11:25 AM
This is going to get bad.
New Evac area = http://www.10news.com/news/14396200/detail.html#
15 on the East to 5 on the West
56 on the South to 78 on the North
Also, some coastal areas are on volunt. evac.
Not all areas are mandatory currently, but FD on my street ten minutes ago said to get ready, I might get the call this evening (Carlsbad Lagoon area).
This just SUCKS.

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 11:26 AM
I know, I am 6 hours away at best with little traffic but I would help if anyone needs it. 6 hours is very little time in these situations, but it sucks to sit by and watch.
Absolutely. The Millers were over 6 hours away and they very, very nearly got a call for that trailer. It wasn't going to be an easy move, and the plug was both heavy and awkward.
That is really cool of you Mike, you are are offering real serious resources for this.

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 11:28 AM
This is going to get bad.
New Evac area = http://www.10news.com/news/14396200/detail.html#
15 on the East to 5 on the West
56 on the South to 78 on the North
Also, some coastal areas are on volunt. evac.
Not all areas are mandatory currently, but FD on my street ten minutes ago said to get ready, I might get the call this evening (Carlsbad Lagoon area).
This just SUCKS.
If the boat is there... start down now. I will clear out a spot in the shop for it.
I would not be anywhere West of this fire right now. I fought fires in NorCal for 6 years as an explorer then a paid FF and in my entire time around/in fire stations I have never heard a BC use the words "This fire is absolutely out of our control, we have nothing for it" before.
This is going to really suck before it gets better...
:(

AzLakeLizard
10-22-2007, 11:33 AM
All Solana Beach residents told be ready to evacuate
12:19 p.m.
All Solana Beach residents are advised to plan, pack and be prepared to evacuate because current wild fires may spread.
A city emergency operations director, John Traylor, said residents on 12 streets close to Holmwood Canyon , which extends from San Elijo Lagoon south into a neighborhood west of Interstate 5, are advised to voluntarily evacuate. The rest of the city may be asked to do so if the fire danger spreads.The lagoon extends east into Rancho Santa Fe, where a mandatory evacuation has been instituted.
Right now, Solana Beach fire officials are going door to door on those 12 streets to advice residents to leave. Those streets are: 700 Seabright Lane; 200 Patty Hill Drive; 600 Barbara Ave.; 700 Rios Ave.; 700 Granados Ave.; 600 Holmwood Lane; 700 Rawl Place; 600 Canyon Place; 400-600 Canyon Drive; 600 Ridgeline Place; 600 Glencrest Place; and 400-500 Glencrest Drive.
Traylor said the canyon rim is the city's highest fire danger zone because of an abundance of vegetation. "We are trying to be ahead of the curve," he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magic34
Is Scripps Ranch going to be OK?
WetWillie lives there and his house backs right up directly next to mountain terrain. He has a cliff area his house would fall off of if it was 20' further back.

clownpuncher
Just got off the phone with a buddy, SDFD. All engines are committed. He reported to work this AM with absolutely no available equipment in the station. Lot's of firemen at the stations, just no rigs. They may have to resort to POV's for transportation.
Don't plan on getting any help from the FD, they are totally tapped.
Make your plans now, even if you don't feel immediately threatened.
Good luck everyone, stay safe!

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm here to help too if needed!!!!!!!!! I'm actually on vacation this week and at home. Anyone in SD needs help, we're in Corona. Will help if I can. :)
Maybe the Pixies?

That Guy
10-22-2007, 11:39 AM
LMAO...something funny in a difficult time :) :D ...really stand up move Wes...so, can me and Mandy come stay with Audrey or not?.....:D :D

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
LMAO...something funny in a difficult time :) :D ...really stand up move Wes...so, can me and Mandy come stay with Audrey or not?.....:D :D
Sure... just bring her home fed. :D

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 11:50 AM
holly crap!!!!!!!!!!! I bet that is close to 1m people being evac'd,
don't know what I can do to help out here in Havi, but if anyone needs a place to stay and lots of storage I got ya covered
http://www.10news.com/2007/1022/14395909.jpg

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Just got a text from HDD
He is now being evacuated.

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Just got a text from HDD
He is now being evacuated.
Sounds like he is in good hands though with Keyes...
I love this place...

Sportin' Wood
10-22-2007, 12:11 PM
I did not read all the replies, just wanted to get the info up.
If you need a place to store anything email me. I can fit lots of stuff. If you need a place to park an RV I can fit you.
Here is the big one. If you need a place to bring horse's or other large anilmals I have Paddocks and box stalls avalible. I will just need to get feed lined up.
Email me
knoll1706@yahoo.
I am in Menifee Ca North of Temecula
I have a safe fire perimeter if this area is next.
I have 10 acres, I can fit a lot of people and animals. Boats or RV's would be outside but safe.
Jeff Knoll

RiverDave
10-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Cell phones for the most part are on "emergency only" right now..
Thanks for the offer Wes! Might end up taking you up on that if this thing keeps going the direction it's going... "roomie" :D
If this gets any worse, I might just head back to parker.. It was alot nicer out there. :D
RD

Havasu_Dreamin
10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I did not read all the replies, just wanted to get the info up.
If you need a place to store anything email me. I can fit lots of stuff. If you need a place to park an RV I can fit you.
Here is the big one. If you need a place to bring horse's or other large anilmals I have Paddocks and box stalls avalible. I will just need to get feed lined up.
Email me
knoll1706@yahoo.com
I am in Menifee Ca North of Temecula
I have a safe fire perimeter if this area is next.
I have 10 acres, I can fit a lot of people and animals. Boats or RV's would be outside but safe.
Jeff Knoll
Fixed it for you Jeff, added the com to your email address so it links into peoples mail clients. :) Very cool to all the peeps offering help. I'm in La Verne if anyone nedds any help. I know it's a ways from the real danger areas but just in case...

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Very cool of everyone to offer help. :)
Where are you right now John? VC should be pretty close to the epicenter of this, eh?
The creepiest thing about this whole firestorm to me is that we were going to ride mountain bikes up in the Cuyamaca mountains yesterday (East of Julian, north of Pine Valley) but opted to ride in Escondido at the Daley Ranch because it seemed like "fire weather" and we didn't want to get stuck 15 miles from a road on mountain bikes. That was at 6:00 yesterday morning... :(
Now to see that Escondido is near the fire, as is the Cuyamaca range we ride in... I can see that again, pickins are likely to be slim this winter for mountain biking. It had only just started to pick back up from the Cedar fire...
I have my fingers crossed for everyone.

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Sounds like he is in good hands though with Keyes...
I love this place...
Yes, sounds like he is...his first text was being evacuated, his second was heading to Deano's.
It is great to see how many are willing to help out. I was able to get the Pixies on the phone and give her numbers and names of people willing to help them out also.

Miss Perfect
10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Del Mar and Solana Beach are on alert for getting evacuated. I have lived in SD my entire life and this is the absolute worst I have seen. This one is going to be devastating.

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 12:23 PM
northbound 5 from san diego is gridlocked too so don't try that.
I have clear skies still here in Oceanside:confused: but the smoke is basically surrounding me.
15 north near fallbrook is also closed I believe, couple guys from work could not get through there.......

AzLakeLizard
10-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Mandatory Fallbrook evacuation
1:05 p.m.
Evacuations are beginning on the eastern half of Fallbrook; from Insterstate 15 east to Live Oak Park Road, to Gird Road, and East Mission Road to the north and San Luis Rey River to the south.
Mandatory Valley Center evacuation
1:05 p.m.
Evacuations are beginning in a large area of Valley Center, near the Bear Valley area. Valley Center High School is the evacuation center. Residents in Valley Center should play close attention to news reports because of the serious fire threats.

shippingguy
10-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Mike:
JW's cell phone does not work at his him even under normal conditions. I called down to the shop and nobody is answering. I will keep trying to call them as well.
If anybody needs help I am in Murrieta and have my truck handy and work out of the house and can help if needed. I also have 2 extra rooms if anybody needs a place to crash.
Mike
714-313-1235

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Is Scripps Ranch going to be OK?
WetWillie lives there and his house backs right up directly next to mountain terrain. He has a cliff area his house would fall off of if it was 20' further back.
They are just now announcing Evacuations for Scripps Ranch area :(

RiverDave
10-22-2007, 12:49 PM
City of carlsbad just called me to evacuate my house, parents house, and unfortunately my shop (where I'm at now) also falls into the evacuation zone.. :(
RD

Magic34
10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Just talked to Bill (WetWillie). He just told me that. They are on standby right now, packing some stuff up.
Fock this sucks, I cant even get there to help anyone fast enough.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Damn, no relief. Didn't Scripps Ranch get burned in the last round of fires?
City of carlsbad just called me to evacuate my house, parents house, and unfortunately my shop (where I'm at now) also falls into the evacuation zone.. :(
RD
No es bueno. Good luck Dave...

Singleton
10-22-2007, 12:52 PM
RD
Where in Carlsbad you located?
I have no home phone, just cell, so I need some info

Miss Perfect
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
RD
Damn.... best of luck to you Dave. I'm keeping everyone in my thoughts.

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 12:57 PM
:(
NEW: NEW EVACUATION ALERT: As of 1:40 p.m. Monday, Scripps Ranch residents have been told to pack up and evacuate.
Check the News 8 site... seems to be the most accurate and up to date so far...
http://www.cbs8.com/
Dave, you know where we are... you are welcome any time. Bring Neva too... she will be fine here.

Miss Perfect
10-22-2007, 12:58 PM
They just announced evacuations of Scripps Ranch and now in Chula Vista. I think it's effecting the whole freaking city. :(

socalmoney
10-22-2007, 12:58 PM
I am in Murrieta also if someone needs a base of operations. I can take pets and you can park trailers and boats on the street. I have room for about 4 people. I have a F150 if someone needs help towing smaller boats etc.
Phone # nine*four*nine*two*eight*nine*seven*one*four*four
(Don't want Google to index my phone number)
Josh

Froggystyle
10-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Heading out and about right now for a minute... if anyone needs help, my cell is at (619) eight two three, 5643..
Good call on the indexing SCM...

Her454
10-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Wes and Audrey
Wes, having been evac'd for fire as well I know the feeling. We've had a bad couple of fire years and its no fun at all.
I am not close but I am willing to help as well. If anyone needs a place to store their toys, cars, trucks, boats etc or need a place to stay I am 30 minutes out of Stockton with 5 acres to share. My heart goes out to all of you effected by these fires and please PM me if I can be of ANY help at all.
Traci

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Mt brother in the La Costa area has been called and told to Evac also:eek: totally reminds him of the '96 fire that rolled thru Olivenhain and La Costa, but worse:mad:

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Mt brother in the La Costa area has been called and told to Evac also:eek: totally reminds him of the '96 fire that rolled thru Olivenhain and La Costa, but worse:mad:
if it gets into that area with all those new homes....oh Fock!!!:(

Magic34
10-22-2007, 01:45 PM
RD
Stay safe brother.

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 01:47 PM
if it gets into that area with all those new homes....oh Fock!!!:(
This is a disaster of epic porportions.....I'm gonna say Earl's house is gone now too according to the news reports:(

Magic34
10-22-2007, 01:49 PM
This is horrible. I am praying for all of you caught up in this. Good luck and stay safe.

OnlyMoney
10-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I am glued to my computer and I have a doc appt in 20 min!!!!!!!
I am so familiar with all these areas. From Temecula, lived in Fallbrook, worked at Rancho Bernardo Inn, hubby drives all over SD county for work. Damn, this is REALLY really scary. Actually, my dad just called to see if we were driving down today or tomorrow. I told him it sounds like we won't be doing that until maybe Thurs. now. :(
I hope everyone makes it out ok and gets most of their stuff too. Even though we're in Vegas, doesn't mean we can't help or bring anything with us when we come down. One never knows.

RiverDave
10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Where in Carlsbad you located?
I have no home phone, just cell, so I need some info
They want everyone south of Palomar airport road in the city of carlsbad to evacuate.. I haven't left yet, been packing up external hard drives at the shop, going and getting bottled water / beer / smokes etc to get ready for tonight.
RD

Magic34
10-22-2007, 02:07 PM
I just talked to John West. They loaded up a bunch of stuff in the trailer and are out.
He doesn't think the fire is going to get down there.
They no longer have horses either making this a much easier deal over the last time he had to evacuate.
So, John West and family are safe and now out of the area.

squirt'nmyload
10-22-2007, 02:11 PM
man this sucks...i hope everyone makes it out ok. if anyone decides to head east to phoenix and needs anything, let us know and we will do what we can. i'm sure all the phx hbers are with me on this :)

ULTRA26 # 1
10-22-2007, 02:13 PM
I just talked to John West. They loaded up a bunch of stuff in the trailer and are out.
He doesn't think the fire is going to get down there.
They no longer have horses either making this a much easier deal over the last time he had to evacuate.
So, John West and family are safe and now out of the area.
Thanks for the update on JW, and the family. Great news.
I'm in North OC. If I can help anyone here, let me know.

AzLakeLizard
10-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Poway homes in flames
2:53 p.m.
At least four multi-million dollar homes in the exclusive Bridlewood gated neighborhood near Lake Poway were burning just before 3 p.m. Many homes sit in the fire's path as it burns toward Espola Road.
Poway High School is a half mile south of where the fire is burning now.
-- J. Harry Jones
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Military offers route through Camp Pendleton
2:53 p.m.
Military personnel will be providing escorts of small groups of vehicles through Camp Pendleton from Ammunition Road in Fallbrook.
All traffic will be diverted to the front gate to access northbound I-5 at Harbor Drive.
No vehicles will be allowed to access southbound I-5 towards San Diego County from the base. Citizens must access the base through the Ammunition Road Gate which is accessible from Mission Road in Fallbrook.

3:30dirty
10-22-2007, 02:14 PM
My parents live in Carlsbad, they are evacuating..buddy is Encinitas fire, says as of 20 min ago its making a run for the water from Luecadia west. Multiple houses in Rancho Santa Fe burning..they drove right by to hold Encinitas.
Mean while here I sit with my wildland gear packed and a 5 engine strike team ready to go..no order from Cali yet. WTF.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
man this sucks...i hope everyone makes it out ok. if anyone decides to head west to phoenix and needs anything, let us know and we will do what we can. i'm sure all the phx hbers are with me on this :)
Damn, that would be one long damp drive to Phoenix... :) :D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
My parents live in Carlsbad, they are evacuating..buddy is Encinitas fire, says as of 20 min ago its making a run for the water from Luecadia west. Multiple houses in Rancho Santa Fe burning..they drove right by to hold Encinitas.
Mean while here I sit with my wildland gear packed and a 5 engine strike team ready to go..no order from Cali yet. WTF.
Got a buddy in Luecadia 1st street West of the Fwy. Is that area toast?
John

squirt'nmyload
10-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Damn, that would be one long damp drive to Phoenix... :) :D
doh!!!! :D :D

10-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Im still trying to find out how far west its gone..only getting text every so often. Buddy who is under cover Carlsbad P.D is enroute encinitas to help with evac. Says he will call asap with more info..

Singleton
10-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Got a buddy in Luecadia 1st street West of the Fwy. Is that area toast?
John
That area is safe for now. Air quality might be bad, but OK for now.
If he does get the call and just wants to go up the road drop me a PM, or hit the cell 310-701-3435.
Also, if anybody in south Carlsbad needs a place to crash, drop me a PM.
We are OK for now (Carlsbad North Lagoon - by Tamarack), but who knows.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Im still trying to find out how far west its gone..only getting text every so often. Buddy who is under cover Carlsbad P.D is enroute encinitas to help with evac. Says he will call asap with more info..
Thanks for keeping us updated.
John

10-22-2007, 02:26 PM
If he does get the call and just wants to go up the road drop me a PM, or hit the cell 310-701-3435.
We are OK for now (CArlsbad Lagoon), but who knows.
My parents are on the Lagoon. Buddies from Carlsbad fire advised them to be packed and ready...FYI. They went to North carlsbad I believe.

Slow What
10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
U-Haul's all over San Diego county are offering Free storage for thirty days , could be a good last resort for storage .
Sitting tight in Lakeside , hoping it goes around me Again

JB in so cal
10-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Where is this thing?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/10tanker-N450AX-061215-04-8.jpg

10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Where is this thing?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/10tanker-N450AX-061215-04-8.jpg
Way to windy to fly any equipment right now...everything is grounded from what im told.

AzLakeLizard
10-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Mt. Carmel High School not an evacuation site
3:17 p.m.
The San Diego poice and fire departments have confirmed that Mt. Carmel High School is not open as an evacuation site for the wildfire fires. City residents evacuating from the fires are encouraged to go to Qualcomm Stadium for shelter services.
Evacuation center updates:
Posted: 3:14 p.m.
San Diego County officials released new information about evacuation centers.
A new evacuation facility has been opened in Orange County for people leaving Fallbrook. The evacuation center is at El Toro High School, 25255 Toledo Way, Lake Forest.
Evacuation centers have been set up for military and Defense Department personnel on Naval Base Coronado and on Naval Base San Diego at the Admiral Prout Field House. Families with pets are encouraged to report to the field house. Military families can call (619) 556-9399 for more information.
Chula Vista residents who have voluntarily left their homes are advised to take shelter at Chula Vista High School, 820 Fourth Ave.

Mandelon
10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow sure is spreading fast...:sqeyes:
My daughter and I just got back from Fiesta Island. Apparently all the horse grounds around are full, including Del Mar, so they are sending big livestock over there out to the bay. On the radio they announced water was needed, so we lined a bunch of buckets and trash cans with plastic trash bags and took em down there. We saw easily a 100 rigs with horses and livestock already camped out on the beach, along with regular RVers who have evacuated.
While we were unloading a half dozen other trucks came by with water too. The power or talk radio...... Lots of folks are heading to Qualcomm stadium too.

JB in so cal
10-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Again. If people are pulling smaller rv's or boats out of the area and want to stash them for the duration, I can get 2 smaller or 1 larger rig at my place.

AzLakeLizard
10-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Road closures updated
2:30 p.m.
Here is a list of roads that have been closed or partially closed because of numerous fires burning in San Diego County:
Northbound Interstate 15 closed from state Route 76 to state Route 79, and from state Route 56 to state Route 78
Southbound I-15 closed from state Route 78 to Rancho Bernardo. All southbound I-15 ramps in Rancho Bernardo are open
Interstate 8 closed to trucks and other high-profile vehicles from Alpine to Ocotillo in Imperial County
State Route 94 between Harris Ranch Road and state Route 188
State Routes 78 and 79 from Julian to Ramona
State Route 79 from Ramona to Sutherland Dam Road
State Route 67 limited to southbound traffic
State Route 94 between Otay Lakes Road and Forest Gate Road
All Campo roads west of Forest Gate Road and east of Otay Lakes Road
Honey Springs Road in Jamul at Lyons Valley Road
East of Victoria Drive in Alpine between Otto Road and Overland Passage Road
Buckman Springs Road at eastbound Interstate 8.
State Route 67 closed to northbound traffic at Mapleview Dr. in Lakeside
El Montevideo at Paseo Delicias in Rancho Santa Fe
Among the roads partially opened for evacuations only:
Southbound Pomerado Road from West Bernardo Drive to Camino del Norte
Among the roads reported affected on early Monday morning by fallen trees, downed power lines and other debris:
State Route 67 just south of Vigilante Road
Engineers Road at state Route 79
State Route 76 at Red Gate
La Bajada at Rancho Santa Fe Road
Santa Margarita Road at Calle de Luz Road
State Route 78 at Wynola Road
Southbound lanes of Valley Center Road at north Lake Wohlford Road
West Bernardo Drive south of Rancho Bernardo Road
Country Club Lane in Elfin Forest

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 02:35 PM
We are OK for now (Carlsbad North Lagoon - by Tamarack), but who knows.
born and raised on Highland Dr right in front of Foxes Harbor, I hope to God it does not strike there..I know a whole family that is in England right now with a death in the family that lives at 4400 Highland, I am sure they have no clue

Magic34
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Sh*t, the 8 is closed. I couldn't even get there if I left right now.

10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
born and raised on Highland Dr right in front of Foxes Harbor, I hope to God it does not strike there..I know a whole family that is in England right now with a death in the family that lives at 4400 Highland, I am sure they have no clue
Small world..born and raised on 3515 Highland dr. Lived in the house that said SALOON on the window for 16 years.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-22-2007, 02:42 PM
born and raised on Highland Dr right in front of Foxes Harbor, I hope to God it does not strike there..I know a whole family that is in England right now with a death in the family that lives at XXXX Highland, I am sure they have no clue
Might want to remove the street number as that is just an invitation for some lowlife to break-in. I know it's only Hot Boat but still, putting up a street address is not a good idea when the people are out of town...IMHO...

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Small world..born and raised on 3515 Highland dr. Lived in the house that said SALOON on the window for 16 years.
I know the house:D ....did you go to CHS? what year.. you lived close to the Morrisons and the Palenscars

Lightning
10-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Sh*t, the 8 is closed. I couldn't even get there if I left right now.
What part of the 8 is closed. I have family in Sedona that is trying to find a way into Carlsbad to pick up their 1 year old and then do to Temecula. They are debating taking the 10 to the 5 south....

10-22-2007, 03:02 PM
I know the house:D ....did you go to CHS? what year.. you lived close to the Morrisons and the Palenscars
Moved to Havi when I was 16. Lived a block from Palenscars. He was actually my teacher at Valley Jr. High. 1992 Havi grad.

AzLakeLizard
10-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Road closures updated
2:30 p.m.
Here is a list of roads that have been closed or partially closed because of numerous fires burning in San Diego County:
Northbound Interstate 15 closed from state Route 76 to state Route 79, and from state Route 56 to state Route 78
Southbound I-15 closed from state Route 78 to Rancho Bernardo. All southbound I-15 ramps in Rancho Bernardo are open
Interstate 8 closed to trucks and other high-profile vehicles from Alpine to Ocotillo in Imperial County
State Route 94 between Harris Ranch Road and state Route 188
State Routes 78 and 79 from Julian to Ramona
State Route 79 from Ramona to Sutherland Dam Road
State Route 67 limited to southbound traffic
State Route 94 between Otay Lakes Road and Forest Gate Road
All Campo roads west of Forest Gate Road and east of Otay Lakes Road
Honey Springs Road in Jamul at Lyons Valley Road
East of Victoria Drive in Alpine between Otto Road and Overland Passage Road
Buckman Springs Road at eastbound Interstate 8.
State Route 67 closed to northbound traffic at Mapleview Dr. in Lakeside
El Montevideo at Paseo Delicias in Rancho Santa Fe
Among the roads partially opened for evacuations only:
Southbound Pomerado Road from West Bernardo Drive to Camino del Norte
Among the roads reported affected on early Monday morning by fallen trees, downed power lines and other debris:
State Route 67 just south of Vigilante Road
Engineers Road at state Route 79
State Route 76 at Red Gate
La Bajada at Rancho Santa Fe Road
Santa Margarita Road at Calle de Luz Road
State Route 78 at Wynola Road
Southbound lanes of Valley Center Road at north Lake Wohlford Road
West Bernardo Drive south of Rancho Bernardo Road
Country Club Lane in Elfin Forest

10-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Per best bud at CPD fire is 5 min from southeast corner of Carlsbad...

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Moved to Havi when I was 16. Lived a block from Palenscars. He was actually my teacher at Valley Jr. High. 1992 Havi grad.too funny......me CHS 81, went to Valley as well "D-pod rules":D ,
was good buddies with Andy Palenscar, back in the day....pm me your family name...bet we know each other or at least I know a brother or sister of yours :D

Flyinbowtie
10-22-2007, 03:13 PM
First Sacramento Strike team is in Escondido, been ther since last night. Flame Front is generating it's own 65 MPH wind.
Two strike teams left from here in Nevada County late last night, and another is being assembled right now.
Two are mustering from Sacramento and Consumnes as well, on the road south within the hour.
They are pulling resources from a long, long ways away for this.
I am too far away to be of any help, but thoughts and prayers out to all of you living this nightmare. Been there done that, nothing compares.:(

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 03:17 PM
too funny......me CHS 81, went to Valley as well "D-pod rules":D ,
was good buddies with Andy Palenscar, back in the day....pm me your family name...bet we know each other or at least I know a brother or sister of yours :D
Palenscar was one of my daughters teacher last year at Carlsbad's new middle school....
and karl, did you know Jan dated Andy a couple times? :eek: :D

Magic34
10-22-2007, 03:23 PM
What part of the 8 is closed. I have family in Sedona that is trying to find a way into Carlsbad to pick up their 1 year old and then do to Temecula. They are debating taking the 10 to the 5 south....
Looks like trucks and high profile vehicles. Your friend is OK.

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.
Getting to Temecula is near impossible, th 15 is closed from MiraMar all the way to the BorderCheck point in Temecula.

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Palenscar was one of my daughters teacher last year at Carlsbad's new middle school....
and karl, did you know Jan dated Andy a couple times? :eek: :D
yes I do, and actualy saw them smooching in Andy's Roadster at the May Co.
you know back when Jan had not been Fu...........errrr "de-flowered" yet:D
where do you think I got the idea to raid the Vista High girls;)

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 03:29 PM
yes I do, and actualy saw them smooching in Andy's Roadster at the May Co.
you know back when Jan had not been Fu...........errrr "de-flowered" yet:D
She was a good girl and thats why Andy and her didn't date for very long at all...:D:D Plus Linda Lane kinda got in the way cuz she did put out...lmao:D

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
She was a good girl and thats why Andy and her didn't date for very long at all...:D:D Plus Linda Lane kinda got in the way cuz she did put out...lmao:D
that bitch......:) .she still owes me like a dozen blow jobs:mad: :mad:
can't belive I got swoop'd by Andy:mad: :mad: :D :D

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 03:38 PM
that bitch......:) .she still owes me like a dozen blow jobs:mad: :mad:
can't belive I got swoop'd by Andy:mad: :mad: :D :DAndy was a playa.........I always had him pegged for a smooth operator and never trusted him.

10-22-2007, 03:41 PM
last text from 5 min ago...Rancho Santa Fe off Del Dios Highway. Lost four houses, saved one. Backed out because of propane tanks exploding everywhere.

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Andy was a playa.........I always had him pegged for a smooth operator and never trusted him. just a little two faced like some else I know out here:rolleyes:
now back to the Linda Lane chiat:mad:
I road a wheelie on my Xl500 from the mall up El Camino all the way down to Kelly drive...for a BJ from her..thats like a 4 mile wheelie.....ya think she would have paid up for such a show but............noooooooooooo! frickin Andy got my BJ:mad: :mad: :mad: :D :D :D

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
just a little two faced like some else I know out here:rolleyes:
now back to the Linda Lane chiat:mad:
I road a wheelie on my Xl500 from the mall up El Camino all the way down to Kelly drive...for a BJ from her..thats like a 4 mile wheelie.....ya think she would have paid up for such a show but............noooooooooooo! frickin Andy got my BJ:mad: :mad: :mad: :D :D
You gave Andy a BJ? :eek: :D:D
Women(especially girls) never say what they mean.....I've banked all kinds of BJ's that I know I'll never get to withdraw..LOL

Tremor Therapy
10-22-2007, 03:56 PM
You know, at times I lose all hope for this site, and then the true nature of people come out! Damn I'm glad to be a boater!
My wife was called into work to help evacuate the elderly from the home accross the street from Pomerado Hospital, and I have not heard from her in 4 hours....I always thought I was a tough guy, but I am starting to get a little jittery.

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 03:56 PM
You gave Andy a BJ? :eek: :D:D
Women(especially girls) never say what they mean.....I've banked all kinds of BJ's that I know I'll never get to withdraw..LOL
so same deal as last year......I tell you who gets voted off the island before it air's in San Diego:idea: ;)

JB in so cal
10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Just started working the Lake Arrowhead fire.
Where is this thing?

77charger
10-22-2007, 04:16 PM
I had to work in sd this mornin from south oc.I knew when i saw heavier than normal traffic at 6am in carlsbad i knew traffic and things were going to be bad.Left la jolla at 10:45am took me til 1:15 to get back to lake forest normally a lil over an hour drive.
alot of people packed up and headed north today too.

Singleton
10-22-2007, 04:57 PM
With the fires going, it is going to be a long night.

Lightning
10-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Just thought i would push this to the top and get a check in on our fellow San Diego County people. I assume everyone is safe. Can anyone provide some feedback on - HDD, BMac, Screamin Pete, Ultra28, Toby, Forensic, RiverDave, etc....
Last I talk to BMAc and Pete, they were fine.

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Just thought i would push this to the top and get a check in on our fellow San Diego County people. I assume everyone is safe. Can anyone provide some feedback on - HDD, BMac, Screamin Pete, Ultra28, Toby, Forensic, RiverDave, etc....
HDD and family are safe with Keyes (Deano)
Not sure about his house still

Singleton
10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Ultra28 (JW) made it out safe. He packed up the family and headed out of town.
I believe the others are in process.
They just issued the following:
DEL MAR MANDATORY EVACUATIONS
Evacuations have been ordered for the following areas: South of Del Dios Highway, north of Sorrento Valley Road and west of Black Mountain Road to the ocean.
If anybody needs a place drop me a line. 310-701-3435.
Live by the Carlsbad North Lagoon (Tamarack) and staying until we are told we need to leave, however right now it looks good.

Brady Bunch
10-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Ultra28 (JW) made it out safe. He packed up the family and headed out of town.
I believe the others are in process.
They just issued the following:
DEL MAR MANDATORY EVACUATIONS
Evacuations have been ordered for the following areas: South of Del Dios Highway, north of Sorrento Valley Road and west of Black Mountain Road to the ocean.
If anybody needs a place drop me a line. 310-701-3435.
Live by the Carlsbad North Lagoon (Tamarack) and staying until we are told we need to leave, however right now it looks good.
I put the word out to Pete that myself and GrapeApe had room for them and Barry's family. I have not talked to Pete since around 1:00pm!
-Greg

Mrs. casean
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
HDD and family are safe with Keyes (Deano)
Not sure about his house still
do we know what his street is? I'm on NC Times and that is the only news and it's based on people's postings. Pathetic news broadcasting around here! My dad said it didn't look good when he left around 1.5 hours ago. I'm glued to this since there are real people talking about what is going on in Fallbrook.

Mandelon
10-22-2007, 08:15 PM
The smoke outside is stifling. :(

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 08:17 PM
The smoke outside is stifling. :(
then take the computer INSIDE!!!!:hammer2: , you damn homos are all the same:) :messedup: :D

speedymopars
10-22-2007, 08:28 PM
I can fit up to a 50 footer at my house if anyone needs it. The fire almost got me too, but spared us. I'm in the north tustin area. House is full with other displaced friends at the moment, all I can offer is one safe parking space for a tow rig and trailer.

Brewzed
10-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Fred 951-264-8402
Just quoting myself to keep the offer out. I also have an 8' x 20' utility trailer to haul stuff out. This goes to anyone affected by any fire in So. Cal.
You can call anytime, my phone is always on and near me.

LHC30Victory
10-22-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm a lot late on this post, but have some space for anyone displaced. I will even give the keys to the LHC house for any HBoater who lost their home (God forbid).

SummitKarl
10-22-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm a lot late on this post, but have some space for anyone displaced. I will even give the keys to the LHC house for any HBoater who lost their home (God forbid).
63 vette keys included:confused:
if so I am feeling a bit displaced:) :D

JAY4SPEED
10-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Knowing first hand how stressful it is to have to evacuate from your home in the face of natural disaster, my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this fire. I hope everyone is safe.
Jay

Tom Brown
10-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Easy there, Conky. What makes you think I haven't figured it out?
I grew up seeing that guy in TV comercials, although I've never seen his show. I'm sure it was mesmerizing.
It's 2:30 am, I just got home from work, and for some reason beyond my comprehension, I'm checking ***boat before I go to bed.
Wes, I respected you long before this offer but it's always cool to see people you admire demonstrate inter-galactic levels of class. :cool:

PHOTOGLOU
10-23-2007, 01:47 AM
WOW.... Just opened this and I too think it is a great idea... Have 3 extra rooms here.... FIRE EVACUEES ONLY (T.B.).... Jay 714 552 0300

LHC30Victory
10-23-2007, 04:18 AM
For any evacuees, Again, my place in Upland can put up a couple of folks, some cars/trucks and only one 32' or less rig (boat or trailer). The place in LHC can handle more. I can be contacted through SummitKarl, Todd 969, Phebus, Photoglou and others....

shueman
10-23-2007, 04:55 AM
We've got some secured space for boat/rv/car parking at Eliminator in Mira Loma. Office 951-681-1222.

kraig
10-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Are any of the fires near La Jolla?

Singleton
10-23-2007, 05:40 AM
Fires have moved into Rancho Santa Fe and all of Del Mar are being evaculated. La Jolla is just south of that, I think they will be OK, all depends on how the wind reacts today.

Mandelon
10-23-2007, 07:31 AM
They are north and east of there. La Jolla already their disaster last week. It wouldn't be right to have a landslide and then a fire in the same month.
Its 15 minutes by car to the area but it would be hard to believe the fire could get there.

Screaming Pete
10-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Good Morning, my brothers. I want to give a BIG THANKS to all you guys for all the offers. my house is still on lock down but it's safe. Wes, Ari, Barry,Jeff and Greg Brady. thanks for keeping in touch. wes was checking sattlite images for me trying ot get me south that was the best use of tech i've ever seen. right now the family and my Yaya(good friends mom) are in a safe spot and i'm at my office in kerny mesa. and could use a shower anyone awake yet. let me know.

Singleton
10-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Good Morning, my brothers. I want to give a BIG THANKS to all you guys for all the offers. my house is still on lock down but it's safe. Wes, Ari, Barry,Jeff and Greg Brady. thanks for keeping in touch. wes was checking sattlite images for me trying ot get me south that was the best use of tech i've ever seen. right now the family and my Yaya(good friends mom) are in a safe spot and i'm at my office in kerny mesa. and could use a shower anyone awake yet. let me know.
Awake yes. Never really went to bed. Went to help folks in South Carlsbad move so their children could breath better.
If you need a place to clean up etc, North Carlsbad is safe for now, and you are welcome. Just send me a PM

Mandelon
10-23-2007, 07:54 AM
They are north and east of there. La Jolla already their disaster last week. It wouldn't be right to have a landslide and then a fire in the same month.
Its 15 minutes by car to the area but it would be hard to believe the fire could get there.

Lightning
10-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Come on over....we have food too

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Del Mar evacuation order
Posted @ 9:43 AM
A mandatory evacuation order remains for all areas of Crest Road, and San Dieguito Drive, Oribia Road, Avenida Primavera along Crest Road, Serpentine Drive, Gatun Street, Balboa Avenue and Zapo Street.
City leaders strongly suggest residents in other areas of the city to be
packed and ready to evacuate, and to keep informed of the fire's movement.
Resident unable to self-evacuate should call (858) 704-3694.
In Carlsbad, there was no immediate threat, but officials were monitoring
the situation. The city was under voluntary evacuation. Residents were told not to wait to leave if they saw smoke or fire.
City offices and libraries remained open. Information is being updated on a recorded line at the city's emergency operations center: (760) 602-7599.

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 08:55 AM
Road closures due to fires
Posted @ 9:49 AM
Caltrans reports these highway closures due to fires:
* State Route 67 between Scripps Poway Parkway and Highland Valley Road
* State Route 76, Valley Center to SR-79
* State Route 78, Haverford Road to Santa Ysabel and westbound at Banner Grade
* State Route R-79, SR-78 to SR-76
* State Route 94, Steele Canyon Road to SR-188
* State Route 188 closed in both directions
-- Steve Schmidt

Strippoker
10-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Anyone else stuck down here let me know we have 2 rooms and a big yard for pets. Can park up top about a 32 out front. Cant promise that we wont get told to move seeing how we back up against a mountain but for the time all is well. Located just north of Froggies shop.
jason
619-578-8897

Froggystyle
10-23-2007, 09:11 AM
The Harris fire has turned into the San Miguel fire if you ask me... It has moved over 20 miles in 20 hours, and is now less than 4 miles from my house. If the wind keeps blowing east-west, I should be OK, but if it turns North we are hosed. Nothing between my house and Mount Miguel but chapparral and older houses on ridges.
So, I am now taking the motorhome back to the house and loading it up. Technically, we are outside of the evacuation area by about thirty feet, but I don't trust this wind condition...
Pete... glad you are OK. Good to hear from you late last night that you were safe in Vista. Let me know if we can help you at all.

Jbb
10-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Ravine

Bella
10-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Not sure how this plays in to peoples needs and their abillty to get to us, but we have 20,000 square feet with some room left over for temporary boat storage in Corona east of the 15 right off the 91.
Call me or email me. Hope it helps. watching the reports on TV is down right frightening!
Brett
brettd@magicpowerboats.com
602-954-0725

Froggystyle
10-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Here is the map... but it isn't showing how far north it has moved from the Mt. Miguel... You can see where we are in relation though...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41727&stc=1&d=1193160242

Froggystyle
10-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Ravine
That is what threw me off... it is spelled Reveen... I was looking everywhere for pics but had the name wrong...

Froggystyle
10-23-2007, 09:29 AM
BTW I am now even more worried about Forensic. A new fire started right in his back yard on the La Jolla indian reservation. They are calling it the Pumacho fire and it is right in Valley Center. Started this morning, and is separate from the Witch fire.

Screaming Pete
10-23-2007, 09:33 AM
The Harris fire has turned into the San Miguel fire if you ask me... It has moved over 20 miles in 20 hours, and is now less than 4 miles from my house. If the wind keeps blowing east-west, I should be OK, but if it turns North we are hosed. Nothing between my house and Mount Miguel but chapparral and older houses on ridges.
So, I am now taking the motorhome back to the house and loading it up. Technically, we are outside of the evacuation area by about thirty feet, but I don't trust this wind condition...
Pete... glad you are OK. Good to hear from you late last night that you were safe in Vista. Let me know if we can help you at all.
thanks FroggyClassAnStyle,

Jbb
10-23-2007, 09:34 AM
That is what threw me off... it is spelled Reveen... I was looking everywhere for pics but had the name wrong...
I was guessing....I looked for Ravine as well...and never found anything...:D
No one has a clue as to what we're talking about...get packing!

Screaming Pete
10-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Here is the map... but it isn't showing how far north it has moved from the Mt. Miguel... You can see where we are in relation though...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41727&stc=1&d=1193160242
damm you might have to load up the toterhome and come up to escondido where it's safe...............:D

Mandelon
10-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Geez, its moving fast over there. We've got room for ya Wes.....ya know my numbers.or come on over. And Pete, the shower is working...:D
I am in Kearny Mesa working too, but live in UC only 5 minutes west down the 52.

Sherpa
10-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Irony.......
if the fire moves into the Rancho Santa Fe area in the hills, my sisters house
is hosed.......... nothing around there but TONS of Eucalyptis trees EVERYWHERE............ Wood shingle roof, the whole nine yards.... the kicker:
The whole house is now empty, and now it's just a slab. they're doing a full-on new construction job....
Imagine, if they hadn't torn anything down just yet, and the fire got it.
insurance.....
I feel terrible for those displaced, and also even worse for those who lost
their home......
It's great you guys are offering-up soo much to those in need...
--praying for all of you out there affected by this diaster.
--Sherpa

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Scripps Ranch still off limits
Posted @ 10:43 AM
The following advisory is regarding the neighborhood of Scripps Ranch:
There have been several media outlets reporting the San Diego Police Department is allowing residents back into their homes. This information is not accurate; the police Department is NOT allowing any residents of Scripps Ranch back into their homes.
From: Officer James R. Johnson, San Diego Police Department
Posted by signonsandiego at 10:43 AM 0 comments
Evacuation of Fairbanks Ranch
Posted @ 10:29 AM
Reverse 9-1-1 calls are going out to issue mandatory evacuation orders to 1,197 Fairbanks Ranch households, city officials said.
Residents can take shelter in the Encinitas Senior Center at 1140 Oakcrest Park Drive and Carlsbad High School at 3557 Lancer Way.
Posted by Jen Steele at 10:29 AM 0 comments

Johnwithjm
10-23-2007, 09:50 AM
BTW I am now even more worried about Forensic. A new fire started right in his back yard on the La Jolla indian reservation. They are calling it the Pumacho fire and it is right in Valley Center. Started this morning, and is separate from the Witch fire.My mom and dad live in Valley Center and a few of my friends and they had to leave this morning. This is the fire from Laholla res.

LandSpeedRacer
10-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Just wanted to say to ALL of you you are in our prayers. This hits home with me too, my brother is back from the gulf and his wife just recently had a 5-way bypass, they live in the Telegraph Canyon/Otay Lakes Road area and I am sure for now they are fine, but this situation keeps evolving. Anyway, I'll get off this but I just wanted to say we are pulling for you all.
Scott
Landspeedracer

BarryMac
10-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Good Morning everyone, well it looks like a warzone near my house, the fire burned within a mile and headed west to Rancho Santa Fe, we received two mandatory evacuation calls via the reverse 911 system. My family was a mess, running around like chickens with there heads cut off, I did my best to calm them, we loaded up my SUV and my daughters car and prepared to leave for the Del Mar fairgrounds, me being the stubborn Irishman that I am told them to go I am staying behind, I told them I didn't think it was going to get to us, after they left I poured myself a tall Malibu and Orange Juice and glued my ass to the TV and prayed. As of now we have been allowed back into the house but were told not to unpack, we were told that we could be asked to leave again at any point in time, think I'll listen this time? Yeah me either... :D :D
I really want to thank everyone that called or texted me yesterday concerned for me and my family and offering us places to stay, food to eat and beer to drink, I have a great bunch of friends, the best in the world, I also want to thank all the peeps on HB for keeping us in your thoughts, the fires were very close to Screaming Pete and myself, it was a very scary scene to say the least.
All that said I have a very close friend in Fallbrook near HDD that lost everything, he was at work and got the call that his house was fully invloved, by the time that he got home it was a total loss, his wife had been evacuated with there two young girls, she got the important stuff, he lost everything but still has his family which is the most important thing of all...

Mandelon
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Barry, glad to hear you are all OK. Offer still stands...just in case. Was it on the north and east side of the lake as well?

BarryMac
10-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Barry, glad to hear you are all OK. Offer still stands...just in case. Was it on the north and east side of the lake as well?
It sure was, the North side is where I live, an area called Lomas Serenas got hit hard yesterday, last I heard was 12 homes in there. Closer to me yet I have confirmation of 3 homes within a half mile. It seems that the shift in winds have moved the fire more to the Rancho Santa Fe area, there are Million dollar estates in that area that are a total loss, this fire could realisticly go to the ocean, there are only a few more miles to go until it gets there...
Oh and thanks so much for the call and offer, very much appreciated.

Ziggy
10-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Good news and hopefully it'll stay that way for you....if the winds turn around it'll chase that fire right back towards you..

Ziggy
10-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Good Morning everyone, well it looks like a warzone near my house, the fire burned within a mile and headed west to Rancho Santa Fe, we received two mandatory evacuation calls via the reverse 911 system. My family was a mess, running around like chickens with there heads cut off, I did my best to calm them, we loaded up my SUV and my daughters car and prepared to leave for the Del Mar fairgrounds, me being the stubborn Irishman that I am told them to go I am staying behind, I told them I didn't think it was going to get to us, after they left I poured myself a tall Malibu and Orange Juice and glued my ass to the TV and prayed. As of now we have been allowed back into the house but were told not to unpack, we were told that we could be asked to leave again at any point in time, think I'll listen this time? Yeah me either... :D :D
I really want to thank everyone that called or texted me yesterday concerned for me and my family and offering us places to stay, food to eat and beer to drink, I have a great bunch of friends, the best in the world, I also want to thank all the peeps on HB for keeping us in your thoughts, the fires were very close to Screaming Pete and myself, it was a very scary scene to say the least.
All that said I have a very close friend in Fallbrook near HDD that lost everything, he was at work and got the call that his house was fully invloved, by the time that he got home it was a total loss, his wife had been evacuated with there two young girls, she got the important stuff, he lost everything but still has his family which is the most important thing of all...
Same here, my friends place was on Reche rd 1/2 mile west of I-15:(

Mandelon
10-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Faster Daddy has a place up there too..... :idea:

moneysucker
10-23-2007, 10:58 AM
My realtor sent me this and some of his other helpful e-mails will follow. I could not recommend a better person to be represented by.
Cy
In case you should have to leave your home, you can register your cell number with the reverse 911 directory. Here is the link to register: http://www.sandiego.gov/ohs/reverse911/index.shtml
By adding your cell phone to the database, an attempt will be made to contact both your landline and cell phone number notifying you of any emergency situation.
If you feel the need to volunteer go to:
http://www.volunteersandiego.org/vsd/index.html
Be safe!
Sincerely,
Allen W. Meredith
Your Personal Real Estate Consultant for Life and
KELLER WILLIAMS 2006 Southern California Associate Top Producer !

moneysucker
10-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Relayed to me by Allen.
For those of you with pets who need a place to shelter them,,, here is a list of FREE pet shelters.
VCA Animal Hospitals Offers Free Boarding for Pets Affected by Southern California Fires
Monday October 22, 2:57 pm ET
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--VCA Animal Hospitals announced today that local Southern California VCA facilities are offering free boarding for companion animals whose families have been evacuated or displaced as a result of the current firestorms. Conveniently located VCA animal hospitals will provide a safe environment for pets that have been affected by the fires through November 5, 2007 on a space available basis.
“As thousands of families are being evacuated to shelters or facing the loss of their homes, VCA hopes to ease their burden by offering free boarding for pets so they can focus on the critical issues with their families and homes,” said Art Antin, Chief Operating Officer of VCA Animal Hospitals.
Boarding assistance for pets is based on space availability at individual VCA Animal Hospitals throughout Southern California. Pet owners can call the following VCA facilities that currently have space available:
Alhambra VCA Mission Animal Hospital 626-289-3643
Arroyo Grande VCA South County Animal Hospital 805-489-1361
Bellflower VCA Lakewood Animal Hospital 562-633-8126
Big Bear City VCA Lakeside Animal Hospital 909-866-2021
Burbank VCA Animal Hospital (Burbank) 818-845-7246
Canoga Park VCA Companion Animal Hospital 818-340-1569
Cypress VCA College Park - Ana Brook Animal Hospital 714-827-6861
Encinitas VCA North Coast Animal Hospital 760-632-1072
Glendale VCA Arden Animal Hospital 818-246-2478
Hermosa Beach VCA Coast Animal Hospital 310-372-8881
Hesperia VCA Victor Valley Animal Hospital 760-244-8022
La Mesa VCA Grossmont Animal Hospital 619-697-0082
Laguna Niguel VCA Aliso Viejo Animal Hospital 949-643-0437
Lake Forest VCA Saddleback Animal Hospital 949-586-4250
Lake Forest VCA Arroyo Animal Hospital 949-770-1808
Long Beach VCA Los Altos Animal Hospital 562-421-3749
Los Alamitos VCA Rossmoor-El Dorado Animal Hospital 562-598-8621
Los Angeles VCA Miller-Robertson Animal Hospital 310-657-7050
Los Angeles VCA Petville Animal Hospital 310-313-9118
Mission Viejo VCA Mission Viejo Animal Hospital 949-582-1220
Monrovia VCA Santa Anita Animal Hospital 626-359-3281
Palm Springs VCA Desert Animal Hospital 760-778-9999
Pasadena VCA A Breed Apart Animal Hospital 626-795-4444
Rancho Mirage VCA Rancho Mirage Animal Hospital 760-346-6103
Reseda VCA McClave Animal Hospital 818-881-5102
Ridgecrest VCA Crestwood Animal Hospital 760-446-7616
Rolling Hills Estates VCA Silver Spur Animal Hospital 310-541-3331
San Diego VCA Angel Animal Hospital 619-291-0042
San Diego VCA Hillcrest Animal Hospital 619-299-7387
San Diego VCA Main Street Animal Hospital 619-232-7401
San Diego VCA West Bernardo Animal Hospital 858-485-7570
Santa Fe Springs VCA La Mirada Animal Hospital 562-921-3539
Santa Monica VCA Santa Monica Dog and Cat Hospital 310-453-5459
Santa Monica VCA Wilshire Animal Hospital 310-828-4587
Spring Valley VCA Paradise Valley Animal Hospital 619-475-9770
Temecula VCA El Rancho Animal Hospital 951-296-3898
Torrance VCA Clarmar Animal Hospital 310-371-2474
Torrance VCA Kennel Club Resort & Spa 310-539-2201
Upland VCA Central Animal Hospital 909-981-2855
Venice VCA Marina Animal Hospital 310-306-8707
Victorville VCA Mesa Animal Hospital 760-245-0109
Woodland Hills VCA Parkwood Animal Hospital 818-884-5506
Please forward any vital information to me so I can distribute it.
Thanks much!
Sincerely,
Allen W. Meredith
Your Personal Real Estate Consultant for Life and
KELLER WILLIAMS 2006 Southern California Associate Top Producer !

RiverDave
10-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Well I'll give you the carlsbad update.. After the cedar fires a few years back nobody is messing around with the evacuations. There were several smaller towns out by Ramona that were completely consumed, and alot of people died that didn't have too.
They called for voluntary evacuations for everything south of Palomar airport road yesterday. The phone was ringing as soon as you'd put it down with the reverse 911's telling you to leave. I drove to San Marcos to get some dinner and to see how close the fire was (you can see to the south towards rancho santa fe, and to the north etc..) We couldn't see anything except smoke.
Last night on the news they claimed the 78 was shut down, and that the 78 - 15 intersection was in flames and it was heading west. I got up at 1 in the morning and drove down the 78, right to the 15 intersection, right through the 15 intersection to the end of the 78. Nothing.... Turned around and drove back to Rancho santa fe, and headed south past melrose, up and over the hill almost to village park..
We didn't see a damn thing. I think the news is way over sensationalizing this fire with regards to carlsbad (carlsbad only, I know other areas are getting hit hard). For the life of me I still don't understand why they scared the shit out of everyone in south carlsbad. Our neighborhood was a ghost town last night, with the occasional cop cruising by.
From what I saw, that fire could burn for a week with zero containment before it ever got near south carlsbad / north la costa area.
Needless to say I'm working today. Just have a HEPA filter going in the shop to take care of the smoke / ash in the air.
The city does look like a war zone though as others have put it. There's ash everywhere, and certain parts the smoke is so thick it's very difficult to breath. At night you can see a orange glow on the horizon, but it's impossible to tell if it's street lights or the fire against the smoke.
I'm still unsure as to why they evacuated my neighborhood.. and why there's 1000's of locals sitting up at a parking lot in the mall, and at Carlsbad highschool.
I wish everyone luck that is affected by this, you are in my thoughts and prayers! If anyone needs a place to stay we have an extra bedroom in La Costa, and air filters at the house etc.. 949-678-8369 if I can do anything for anyone local.
RD

Brady Bunch
10-23-2007, 11:13 AM
me being the stubborn Irishman that I am told them to go I am staying behind, I told them I didn't think it was going to get to us, after they left I poured myself a tall Malibu and Orange Juice ...
You MOOFER....... did you have an UMBRELLA in That MAN Drink of yours????
Nice to hear your safe buddy! SDMIKEY and myself are ready for evacuation. He can't wait for the call, his trailer is already at the desert....:jawdrop:

beaverretriever
10-23-2007, 11:15 AM
I feel for you man. I have a lot of family in Fallbrook. We are glad you are ok.

Mandelon
10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
I just got this from PunkAssBitch on my email... they can't get back from Parker....:(
We're still up in Indio, being gypsies in our rig, camped on a friends drive way. Husband unhitched the truck & is attempting the drive in on the 8 now to grab stuff out of our house because we live in spring valley & aren't too far from the mandatory evac area there. Him getting thru though is iffy...
Most of the news coverage we can get here is all about san bernadino & malibu fires. They barely say anything at all about SD & what they do is pretty inaccurate at that.
I did hear from my son & he made it out of Ramona. That's all I do know about his status. Almost everyone we know locally has been evac'd from all over the county. Bizarre! It's very strange to be locked out of our entire county!
I hope that everyone is safe and doing okay.
Angel
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Ziggy
10-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Well I'll give you the carlsbad update.. After the cedar fires a few years back nobody is messing around with the evacuations. There were several smaller towns out by Ramona that were completely consumed, and alot of people died that didn't have too.
They called for voluntary evacuations for everything south of Palomar airport road yesterday. The phone was ringing as soon as you'd put it down with the reverse 911's telling you to leave. I drove to San Marcos to get some dinner and to see how close the fire was (you can see to the south towards rancho santa fe, and to the north etc..) We couldn't see anything except smoke.
Last night on the news they claimed the 78 was shut down, and that the 78 - 15 intersection was in flames and it was heading west. I got up at 1 in the morning and drove down the 78, right to the 15 intersection, right through the 15 intersection to the end of the 78. Nothing.... Turned around and drove back to Rancho santa fe, and headed south past melrose, up and over the hill almost to village park..
We didn't see a damn thing. I think the news is way over sensationalizing this fire with regards to carlsbad (carlsbad only, I know other areas are getting hit hard). For the life of me I still don't understand why they scared the shit out of everyone in south carlsbad. Our neighborhood was a ghost town last night, with the occasional cop cruising by.
From what I saw, that fire could burn for a week with zero containment before it ever got near south carlsbad / north la costa area.
Needless to say I'm working today. Just have a HEPA filter going in the shop to take care of the smoke / ash in the air.
The city does look like a war zone though as others have put it. There's ash everywhere, and certain parts the smoke is so thick it's very difficult to breath. At night you can see a orange glow on the horizon, but it's impossible to tell if it's street lights or the fire against the smoke.
I'm still unsure as to why they evacuated my neighborhood.. and why there's 1000's of locals sitting up at a parking lot in the mall, and at Carlsbad highschool.
I wish everyone luck that is affected by this, you are in my thoughts and prayers! If anyone needs a place to stay we have an extra bedroom in La Costa, and air filters at the house etc.. 949-678-8369 if I can do anything for anyone local.
RD
I think they were saying the 76 and 15, thats where HDD's place is, this fire was moving west last night. By midnite they had doubled the size of evac area in Fallbrook to included the whole town.
I noticed the news stations have temp helpers for on-site reporting and not all are completely cognizant of our road system.

Singleton
10-23-2007, 11:34 AM
I just got this from PunkAssBitch on my email... they can't get back from Parker....:(
We're still up in Indio, being gypsies in our rig, camped on a friends drive way. Husband unhitched the truck & is attempting the drive in on the 8 now to grab stuff out of our house because we live in spring valley & aren't too far from the mandatory evac area there. Him getting thru though is iffy...
Most of the news coverage we can get here is all about san bernadino & malibu fires. They barely say anything at all about SD & what they do is pretty inaccurate at that.
I did hear from my son & he made it out of Ramona. That's all I do know about his status. Almost everyone we know locally has been evac'd from all over the county. Bizarre! It's very strange to be locked out of our entire county!
I hope that everyone is safe and doing okay.
Angel
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Channel 8 news in San Diego is reporting accurate data. Try that or online if you can. A new fire stated around Valley Center by LaJolla Ind. Res, and that is forecasted to merge with the Wirch fire late this afternoon \ evening. As I see more stuff online for Spring Valley I will try to report back for you.

Singleton
10-23-2007, 11:37 AM
The Hitch fire seems to be growing in different directions.
Following the link = http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/14397039/detail.html?dl=mainclick
Then review the maps
Firestorm area, County PDF as of Tuesday 10 a.m.
Firestorm Maps
They tak a long time to view, but are as about as accurate as you can get online for maps.

Mandelon
10-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Channel 8 news in San Diego is reporting accurate data. Try that or online if you can. A new fire stated around Valley Center by LaJolla Ind. Res, and that is forecasted to merge with the Wirch fire late this afternoon \ evening. As I see more stuff online for Spring Valley I will try to report back for you.
I think the problem is that up in an RV in Indio she can't get San Diego's local radio or TV. They can't get back......
I just heard from one of my guys out in Spring Valley that the fireline is huge coming across Mt Miguel and north of Otay Lakes.... :sqeyes:

RiverDave
10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
I think they were saying the 76 and 15, thats where HDD's place is, this fire was moving west last night. By midnite they had doubled the size of evac area in Fallbrook to included the whole town.
I noticed the news stations have temp helpers for on-site reporting and not all are completely cognizant of our road system.
They showed it on a map with a burn zone, evac zone, etc.. etc.. I think your right on having temp helpers or something becuase that report was 180 off to say the least!
I'm still very worried about alot of friends in other local areas though. :( :(
RD

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Evacuation of Harmony Grove
Posted @ 1:07 PM
Reverse 9-1-1 is being used to issue evacuation orders to 1,095 Harmony Grove households.
Posted by signonsandiego at 1:07 PM 0 comments
Status of evacuation sites in North County
Posted @ 1:03 PM
Residents may still evacuate to Mission Hills Church in San Marcos, 400 Mission Hills Court, where anywhere from 120 to 190 people spent Monday night. The site is being operated with the help of Escondido city recreational staff, and volunteers are needed to help serve meals on Wednesday.
Escondido is also still directing evacuated residents to Mission Hills High School, 1 Mission Hills Ct., also in San Marcos.
Calvin Christian School in Escondido, with some 200 people spending the night there on Monday, is at capacity, Escondido spokeswoman Joyce Masterson said. Escondido High School, with more than 1,200 people camped out there Monday night, is also at capacity.
The city of Escondido is planning a fifth evacuation center, which will be announced later this afternoon as soon as it is ready, Masterson said

SummitKarl
10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Reverse 9-1-1 is being used to issue evacuation orders to 1,095 Harmony Grove households.
oh no......if it gets into that canyon it won't stop till it hits ElCamino real:(
and watch out for Rattle snakes...that canyon as some of the highest density of Rattlers around:2purples:

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 12:31 PM
At least 17 homes burn in Del Dios
Posted @ 1:25 PM
A fire burning in the community of Del Dios has burned at least 17 homes, fire officials say.
Posted by Karen Kucher at 1:25 PM 1 comments
Updated fire information
Posted @ 1:22 PM
San Diego County authorities said 1,250 homes have been destroyed and 241,000 acres have burned around the county as of noon today.
Residents are being allowed to return to Scripps Ranch and parts of Del Mar and Poway.
Officials said it will be 24 hours or more before residents can return to Rancho Bernardo, where homes have been destroyed.
City Councilman Brian Maienschein said he will post addresses of homes with damage on his section of the city's Web site by 2 p.m. today, www.sandiego.gov.
Fire officials said burning conditions worsened today.
The Poomacha fire has established itself on Palomar Mountain and has burned 20,000 acres. The Poomacha and Witch fires are expected to join later today. The Witch fire has burned 200,000 acres and has spread to Valley Center and Del Dios.
Residents along Highway 76 corridor are now being told to evacuate.
An estimated 25 air tankers and 40 helicopters are being used to fight the 11 major fires now burning across Southern California. Officials said they have requested nine more air tankers.

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Mandatory evacuation notice for La Jolla Reservation
Posted @ 1:31 PM
A mandatory evacuation notice has been issued for people in the La Jolla Reservation area.
People should go to Borrego Springs. People SHOULD NOT go to the Palomar Mountain Evacuation center.
This fire, which was spotted across Highway 76 and established on the south face of Palomar Mountain at the base of Palomar Mountain, is now being referred to as the "POOMACHO FIRE" by CalFire.
It is currently 20,000+ acres.

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Mandatory evacuation in Encinitas
Posted @ 1:36 PM
Encinitas city officials have ordered the mandatory evacuation of Olivenhain east of Rancho Santa Fe Road and north of El Camino Del Norte, although there are no fires inside the city.
No other evacuations are necessary at this time, city officials said.
Residents will be notified by telephone if the city feels they should leave their homes.
The Encinitas Senior and Community Center, 1140 Oakcrest Park Drive, is open as a shelter. It offers food, drinks and restroom facilities. Residents are advised to bring bedding.

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Poomacha Fire grows
Posted @ 2:19 PM
Cal Fire reports the Poomacha Fire has grown to 23,000 acres and is quite active in the the Highland Valley and Mt. Woodson areas.

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Roads closed by the fires
Posted @ 2:24 PM
Here is an updated list of highway closures from the California Department of Transportation, including some closures that have been extended and others that are back on the list after being briefly reopened:
Northbound and southbound ramps to Mission Road/Mission Avenue, north Escondido.
State Route 76, between Mission Road and Old Highway 395
State Route 76 between Pauma Reservation and State Route 79 State Route 67, between Scripps Poway Parkway and Highland Valley Road State Route 78, between Haverford Road and Santa Ysabel at Route 79 State Route 79, between Route 78 and Route 76
State Route 94, between Steele Canyon Road and Forest Gate, just east of Route 188.
Road closure updates are available by telephone at 511.
Posted by Karen Kucher at 2:24 PM 0 comments
Rancho San Diego and parts of Julian evacuated
Posted @ 2:21 PM
The San Diego Office of Emergency Services has just reported that reverse 9-1-1 calls are being used to issue mandatory evacuation orders to Rancho San Diego . Residents should evacuate to Qualcomm Stadium.
There are also evacuations now being called for in Julian for residents on Pine Hills and Wynola Roads. People should evacuate to Borrego Springs High School.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Roads closed by the fires
Posted @ 2:24 PM
Here is an updated list of highway closures from the California Department of Transportation, including some closures that have been extended and others that are back on the list after being briefly reopened:
Northbound and southbound ramps to Mission Road/Mission Avenue, north Escondido.
State Route 76, between Mission Road and Old Highway 395
State Route 76 between Pauma Reservation and State Route 79 State Route 67, between Scripps Poway Parkway and Highland Valley Road State Route 78, between Haverford Road and Santa Ysabel at Route 79 State Route 79, between Route 78 and Route 76
State Route 94, between Steele Canyon Road and Forest Gate, just east of Route 188.
Road closure updates are available by telephone at 511.
Posted by Karen Kucher at 2:24 PM 0 comments
Rancho San Diego and parts of Julian evacuated
Posted @ 2:21 PM
The San Diego Office of Emergency Services has just reported that reverse 9-1-1 calls are being used to issue mandatory evacuation orders to Rancho San Diego . Residents should evacuate to Qualcomm Stadium.
There are also evacuations now being called for in Julian for residents on Pine Hills and Wynola Roads. People should evacuate to Borrego Springs High School.
I'm not sure where you're getting your updates from, but thanks for posting the info!

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure where you're getting your updates from, but thanks for posting the info!
OFF OF WWW.SIGNONSANDIEGO.COM
Work is slow for me and I want to help in what ever way I can!:D
Harris fire moving away from Sweetwater Reservoir
Posted @ 3:34 PM
The shifting winds helped push the Harris Fire away from Sweetwater Reservoir in Spring Valley.
The northeast side of the reservoir was in flames a few hours ago. It's now generally calm because of the slowing winds and the help of military helicopters dumping water.
"They took the heart out of this one," said Augie Ghio, chief of the San Miguel Fire District, of the helicopters. "A few more hours and they'll have this one mopped up."
He said his firefighters "never even had to open a nozzle" because of the helicopters and change of wind.
He added that the trouble spot has moved to Millar Ranch Road.
Rancho San Diego being evacuated
Reverse 9-1-1 calls are being used to issue mandatory evacuation orders to Rancho San Diego. Residents should evacuate to Qualcomm Stadium.

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Evacuation for North Jamul and surroundings
Posted @ 3:51 PM
A mandatory evacuation has been ordered for an area bordered by the Sweetwater River on the north, Lawson Creek on the East and Lyons Valley Road on the south including the community of North Jamul.
Evacuees are advised to go to Qualcomm Stadium.
Posted by Jen Steele at 3:51 PM 0 comments
Evacuations along Highway 67
Posted @ 3:48 PM
A mandatory evacuation notice has been issued for the Hwy 67 Corridor from Ramona to Lakeside.

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Chula Vista picture improves
Posted @ 3:57 PM
Water drops by helicopters, backfires and a shift in wind direction have markedly improved the fire situation in Chula Vista, officials said.
Winds are now moving west, pushing remnants of the Harris fire away from the city and the community of Bonita.
Earlier, Rolling Hills Ranch residents were evacuated from an area south of the Auld Golf Course and north of Proctor Valley Road. But now fire officials report the immediate threat has been averted.
About 440 evacuees have found shelter at the Chula Vista Community Youth Center on the campus of Chula Vista High School. Chula Vista residents who want updates on the current fire situation can call (619) 397-6399 to hear recorded messages.

Lightning
10-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Just got back from Wes' house, helped him pack a few things. His house is not directly threatened, but the fire is within 5 miles of his home. The winds have shifted from west to east and the fire down there is start to burn back on itself. Also, they are attacking it big time with air buckets. It is still a VERY large front however.
Barry Mac evaced to my house aroud noon and just left to go back to his home. He called his neighbor and they said that his house is fine. 25 homes lost about 1/2 mile south of his house in the Del Dios area.

OnlyMoney
10-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Mary, you are a Saint.
Thanks for posting those, now I'm going to head over there myself. It's getting close enough to my parents to get my attention.

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Mary, you are a Saint.
Thanks for posting those, now I'm going to head over there myself. It's getting close enough to my parents to get my attention.
BE CAREFULL SWEETIE.. ;)

OnlyMoney
10-23-2007, 03:36 PM
BE CAREFULL SWEETIE.. ;)
I realize now what I said and I meant heading over to signonsandiego.com. They have great info. I'm staying safe and sound in Vegas...for now. :)
Oh and Solana Beach and Chula Vista can go back home now. :D

Froggystyle
10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Just got back from Wes' house, helped him pack a few things. His house is not directly threatened, but the fire is within 5 miles of his home. The winds have shifted from west to east and the fire down there is start to burn back on itself. Also, they are attacking it big time with air buckets. It is still a VERY large front however.
Barry Mac evaced to my house aroud noon and just left to go back to his home. He called his neighbor and they said that his house is fine. 25 homes lost about 1/2 mile south of his house in the Del Dios area.
Thanks again for the help Ari. Good thing too, because they just put Rancho on an evacuation order!
I think that fireline is more dangerous than it originally appears to be. They are giving it hell with the water and such, but I can't help the feeling like we are hung out like dog's balls there with all of the wildland around us. If embers start flying, I think that whole hillside is screwed...

Jbb
10-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Crazy...:jawdrop:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41747&stc=1&d=1193185875

Lightning
10-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Just talked to a buddy of mine who got into Ramona - he's a cop and was able to be let in. He said that all the homes along Magnolia and Ash that he saw are fine - even though they were reported as being burned.
Talked to another buddy who lives on the east end of Ramona near the chicken ranch. His neighbor stayed and he left with all the boats and toys. His house is the only one left standing, his nieghbor was able to save it for him. The neighbors house did not fare so well, nor did anyone else on his street. This home is located on Rancho Sante Fe Court in Ramona. The chicken ranch was completely destroyed, which from what i understand from a few people who live near, is not necessarily a bad thing.

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Evacuation order in Encinitas canceled
Posted @ 6:07 PM
Encinitas canceled its mandatory evacuation order for Olivenhain east of Rancho Santa Fe Road and north of El Camino Del Norte at 5 p.m.
The temporary shelter at the Encinitas Senior and Community Center, 1140 Oakcrest Park Drive, will remain open until evacuees have left.
-- Angela Lau
Posted by saavedra at 6:07 PM 5 comments
Evacuation alert for Julian
Posted @ 6:01 PM
Residents of Julian are being advised to prepare to evacuate, county officials said.
Posted by Jen Steele at 6:01 PM 3 comments
Encinitas shelter needs no more donations
Posted @ 5:49 PM
An evacuation shelter at the Encinitas Senior and Community Center, 1140 Oakcrest Park Dr., does not need any more donations, the city announced this afternoon.
Encinitas opened that shelter on Monday.
Posted by Jen Steele at 5:49 PM 3 comments
Gillespie will take livestock
Posted @ 5:33 PM
Gillespie Field Airport in El Cajon has opened an area to handle the large livestock owned by fire evacuees.
Donations of cots, blankets, pillows (new) and sleeping bags are also being requested.
Posted by Jen Steele at 5:33 PM 2 comments
Medication access stopped
Posted @ 5:29 PM
San Diego officials said assistance that has been provided for Rancho Bernardo residents to retrieve medications will be suspended until further notice.
Once city staffing numbers increase, officials said, they may be able to provide this service again.
Posted by Jen Steele at 5:29 PM 4 comments

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Lake Cuyamaca threatened
Posted @ 6:36 PM
Lake Cuyamaca is threatened and about 300 residents there have been evacuated. About 30 employees said they planned to stay there as long as possible to protect the resort.
--Ed Zieralski
Posted by Angelica Martinez at 6:36 PM 0 comments
Military convoys heading to Southland
Posted @ 6:32 PM
A convoy of about 20 or 30 military vehicles was heading south on Interstate 5 about 6:30 p.m. The convoy was seen about 100 miles south of Sacramento and was heading toward San Diego.
-- Ed Zieralski
Posted by Angelica Martinez at 6:32 PM 3 comments
Del Mar evacuation lifted
Posted @ 6:31 PM
The City of Del Mar has lifted all evacuation notices within the city, according to the county's Office of Emergency Services. Residents who evacuated are allowed to return to their homes.

moneysucker
10-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Wes, is everything OK for you still? Have you bailed out or are you still sitting at home? All are in our thoughts and Prayers. I have been there. Last year, we had the boats hooked up in the center of the yard hosing down the covers against embers with the generator running the well while cutting down all the trees on the property to avoid them lighting the house. All the while my dad was up in San bernadino on that task force. He was pissed when he came home and all the trees were cut down. Anything I can do to help anyone, let me know.
Cy

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Eagle Peak and Cuyamaca ordered to evacuate
Posted @ 6:53 PM
A mandatory evacuation was issued for residents in Eagle Peak and Cuyamaca, just north of state Route 79 and Eagle Peak in the Engineers Road area.

Lightning
10-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Wes, is everything OK for you still? Have you bailed out or are you still sitting at home? All are in our thoughts and Prayers. I have been there. Last year, we had the boats hooked up in the center of the yard hosing down the covers against embers with the generator running the well while cutting down all the trees on the property to avoid them lighting the house. All the while my dad was up in San bernadino on that task force. He was pissed when he came home and all the trees were cut down. Anything I can do to help anyone, let me know.
Cy
Talked to Wes a while ago, he's still around the house, packed and ready. They have an easy exit path, so no worries. He was observing the fire from about 1 mile due south from his location. It's still south of the 94/Jamacha area, however slowly creeping down the mountain when we last spoke a few hours ago.

DSW
10-23-2007, 06:22 PM
As I said before in an earlier post, if anybody escaping the fires needs a room and a place to park some boats, they are avaliable here in Havasu. 928-706-3958
My prayers go out to the many people who have lost their homes in this devastating fire.

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Julian residents advised to prepare to evacuate
Posted @ 8:00 PM
Residents in Julian are being told to be ready to evacuate as a precaution because the Witch Creek fire could head that way. Some residents in that area are without phone service and would not be informed through a reverse 911 call that they need to evacuate, said Holly Crawford, a spokeswoman for the county's Office of Emergency Services. It is because they are without phone service that officials wanted to alert residents to be prepared ahead. Residents are also being told to stay tuned to media reports to know whether to evacuate.
Posted by Angelica Martinez at 8:00 PM 0 comments
Horse shelter update
Posted @ 7:34 PM
The Tijuana Valley Equestrian Association is helping to place horses in private ranches in the Tijuana River Valley area.
The association has placed 200 horses and has room for more. For information, evacuees with horses can contact John Gabaldon, the Chairman of the Tijuana Valley Equestrian Association, at 619-920-1282.
Posted by Sherry Saavedra at 7:34 PM 1 comments
Overnight parking allowed at NCTD
Posted @ 7:21 PM
North County Transit District will allow overnight parking of RVs, trucks and cars in the Oceanside Transit Center parking lot.
Although no services are available at the transit center at night, residents, visitors and those displaced by wildfires will have a safe, secure location to park their vehicle.
The transit center is located at 195 S. Tremont Street in Oceanside. The transit center has over 600 spaces on its surface lots.
-- Janet Lavelle
Posted by Angelica Martinez at 7:21 PM 0 comments

SummitKarl
10-23-2007, 07:05 PM
As I said before in an earlier post, if anybody escaping the fires needs a room and a place to park some boats, they are avaliable here in Havasu. 928-706-3958
My prayers go out to the many people who have lost their homes in this devastating fire.
Club meeting 6pm Thursday @ Papa Leones, Pizza is on the club:D

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Witch Creek fire update
Posted @ 8:03 PM
The Witch Creek fire has spread to 196,420 acres and is 1 percent contained.
Twelve firefighters have been hurt. There are 1,492 firefighters fighting the blaze which continues to move west and southwest.
It is threatening the following communities: San Diego, Poway, Ramona, Escondido, Lakeside, Valley Center, San Marcos and Rancho Santa Fe. The fire has also spread to the east threatening Julian and Pine Hills.
Fire officials are still tyring to determine a more accurate perimeter of the fire. Firefighters made minimal progress on the western front of the fire Tuesday. There was active burning all day and winds did not let up until about 6 p.m., said Holly Crawford, a spokeswoman for the Office of Emergency Services.
As it spread, the blaze destroyed 480 structures and damaged 65. It ravaged the community of Del Dios and destroyed 100 homes alone in that area, Crawford said.
The San Diego River drainage is a concern for firefighters for the night. At the moment, the fire is also burning north and west of state Route 76.

DSW
10-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Club meeting 6pm Thursday @ Papa Leones, Pizza is on the club:D
I'll be there, I just got back from Northern Cali. I was following CDF firetrucks the entire way. I will have to dust off the corvair for thursday. How the the show go over the weekend?

AzLakeLizard
10-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Rice fire update
Posted @ 8:31 PM
The Rice fire in Fallbrook has grown to 7,500 acres and is 10 percent contained. Firefighters expect full containment on Oct. 28 and full control of the blaze by Nov. 5.
One firefighter has been hurt. Fire officials estimate 206 homes were destroyed along with two commercial properties and 40 outbuildings and 91 vehicles and 20,000 avocado trees.
The fire is burning in the Rainbow Glen area. Residents in the De Luz Canyon area are evacuated. The blaze itself seems to have slowed some because of offshore winds from the west. Firefighters are taking advantage of the change in winds to shore up the east side of the fire.
Posted by Angelica Martinez at 8:31 PM 1 comments
Harris fire update
Posted @ 8:16 PM
The Harris fire is up to 72,000 acres and is 10 percent contained. Firefighters expect full containment by Oct. 31. The fire moved toward Chula Vista and San Diego Tuesday but by the evening, firefighters said things were looking better for those communities, said Holly Crawford, a spokeswoman for the Office of Emergency Services.
Firefighters are concerned with the fire's spread toward Deer Horn and Indian Springs. An estimated 1,210 firefighters are battling the blaze. So far, 22 civilians have been hurt and five firefighters were injured.
Authorities have evacuated 4,500 residents because of this fire and more may be told to leave depending on the fire's spread.
So far, the blaze has destroyed or damaged between 200 and 500 homes and 1,500 homes are or have been threatened.
Posted by Angelica Martinez at 8:16 PM 8 comments
Witch Creek fire update
Posted @ 8:03 PM
The Witch Creek fire has spread to 196,420 acres and is 1 percent contained.
Twelve firefighters have been hurt. There are 1,492 firefighters fighting the blaze which continues to move west and southwest.
It is threatening the following communities: San Diego, Poway, Ramona, Escondido, Lakeside, Valley Center, San Marcos and Rancho Santa Fe. The fire has also spread to the east threatening Julian and Pine Hills.
Fire officials are still tyring to determine a more accurate perimeter of the fire. Firefighters made minimal progress on the western front of the fire Tuesday. There was active burning all day and winds did not let up until about 6 p.m., said Holly Crawford, a spokeswoman for the Office of Emergency Services.
As it spread, the blaze destroyed 480 structures and damaged 65. It ravaged the community of Del Dios and destroyed 100 homes alone in that area, Crawford said.
The San Diego River drainage is a concern for firefighters for the night. At the moment, the fire is also burning north and west of state Route 76.
Posted by Angelica Martinez at 8:03 PM 24 comments
Julian residents advised to prepare to evacuate
Posted @ 8:00 PM
Residents in Julian are being told to be ready to evacuate as a precaution because the Witch Creek fire could head that way. Some residents in that area are without phone service and would not be informed through a reverse 911 call that they need to evacuate, said Holly Crawford, a spokeswoman for the county's Office of Emergency Services. It is because they are without phone service that officials wanted to alert residents to be prepared ahead. Residents are also being told to stay tuned to media reports to know whether to evacuate.

SummitKarl
10-23-2007, 07:50 PM
I'll be there, I just got back from Northern Cali. I was following CDF firetrucks the entire way. I will have to dust off the corvair for thursday. How the the show go over the weekend?
bitchen...I am exhausted and did not even work the show:D , but I have to work/DJ the Joe Finger show Saturday at Windsor 4:rolleyes:
then work the Pink ladies show the following Saturday, followed by the Vet's day show at Anderson Chrysler.........BURNED OUT ON CAR SHOWS;) I need a boat show day:)

Lightning
10-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Here's a pic of BarryMac grabbing his valueables....
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=622&stc=1&d=1193180588

intense
10-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Who has the link to the fires that was posted yesterday I can't sem to find it now?
thanks

SummitKarl
10-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Here's a pic of BarryMac grabbing his valueables....
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=622&stc=1&d=1193180588
B'mac stole a X:confused: :D

DSW
10-23-2007, 09:27 PM
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/341/redxhe0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BajaMike
10-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks again for the help Ari. Good thing too, because they just put Rancho on an evacuation order!
I think that fireline is more dangerous than it originally appears to be. They are giving it hell with the water and such, but I can't help the feeling like we are hung out like dog's balls there with all of the wildland around us. If embers start flying, I think that whole hillside is screwed...
Any update on Wes and family??:idea:

AzLakeLizard
10-24-2007, 05:17 AM
Mandatory evacuations ordered for Birch Hill near Palomar
Posted @ 5:36 AM
Reverse 9-1-1 calls have been sent to 167 residents in Birch Hill near Palomar Mountain telling them to evacuate.
Residents should go to the Temecula Community Recreation Center at 30875 Rancho Vista Road in Temecula.
Posted by Debbi Baker at 5:36 AM 0 comments
Metrolink service cancelled
Posted @ 5:21 AM
Amtrak and Metrolink train service between Oceanside and San Juan Capistrano are both now shut down at the request of Camp Pendleton officials due to the Horno fire burning burning north and west on the base.
Northbound rail service will resume at Laguna Nigel.
Metrolink also says buses will not be available between Oceanside and San Juan Capistrano.
Posted by Union-Tribune at 5:21 AM 0 comments
A chilling radio call
Posted @ 4:30 AM
Radio report from an engine company, location unclear, what sounded like a fire captain ordering a crew to flee.
The reply: "We just cut our lines and left."
NOTE: When firefighters know they're about to be overrun by flames, they chop off their hose lines with axes and leave. If they stay long enough to uncouple them, they might not get out in time.
Camp Pendleton fire spread to 6,000 acres
Posted @ 4:00 AM The fire burning in Camp Pendleton has charred 6,000 acres and is moving north and west between Las Pulgas Road and the Border Patrol checkpoint.
The blaze, dubbed the Horno fire, has caused the closure of Interstate 5. Camp Pendleton has requested the closure of train service, and Metrolink has confirmed that service is shut down from Oceanside to San Clemente.
De Luz under mandatory evacuation
Posted @ 3:56 AM
Residents of De Luz, a community north of Camp Pendleton, have been told to leave as part of a mandatory evacuation ordered by the Sheriff's Department.
Evacuees are directed to go north toward Riverside County on De Luz/Murrieta Road or Sandia Creek Drive.

AzLakeLizard
10-24-2007, 05:56 AM
Witch Creek and Poomacha fires merge
Posted @ 6:34 AM The Witch Creek and Poomacha fires have merged, the San Diego Office of Emergency Services says.
The county also just released this updated map of the fires.
http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/newsreleases/10242007_0500hrs_Evac_FirePerem.pdf

BarryMac
10-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Harmony Grove is my backyard, thank god no fire in that area, it's a major tinderbox, this is the area that the fire started in years ago that tore through Carlsbad/La Costa, I watched that fire take off from my rooftop.
At least 17 homes burn in Del Dios
Posted @ 1:25 PM
A fire burning in the community of Del Dios has burned at least 17 homes, fire officials say.
This is the fire yesterday that evaced us, to close for comfort, my house is about a 1/2 mile from the homes that were lost here...

Mrs.Racer277
10-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Anyone heard from Wes??? :(

Lightning
10-24-2007, 07:25 AM
He's doing fine, the weather conditions improved and his house is not in danger.

earl-bob
Please GOD let it rain ,they really need the help

Jbb
That would be the ultimate Irony.....The guy who started this thread ...and offered room for anyone....gets evacuated....:jawdrop:

Mrs.Racer277
10-24-2007, 07:27 AM
He's doing fine, the weather conditions improved and his house is not in danger.
Thank you

Lightning
10-24-2007, 07:28 AM
B'mac stole a X:confused: :D
SEE ATTACHED

Lightning
10-24-2007, 07:28 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41780&d=1193239660

SummitKarl
10-24-2007, 07:29 AM
SEE ATTACHED
LMAO
good one Ari........:D

AzLakeLizard
10-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Southbound I-5 open at Pendleton
Posted @ 7:52 AM
All southbound lanes of Interstate 5 are now open, the CHP says. Northbound lanes are still closed between state Route 76 and Cristianitos Road in San Clemente due to a fire burning at Camp Pendleton.
Otay Mesa voluntary evacuation lifted
Posted @ 7:25 AM
As of 7:00 this morning, the Otay Mesa voluntary evacuation has been lifted.
Also, Del Mar Heights and Carmel Valley can be re-populated. This encompasses the following grid: south of the city limits, west of Rancho Santa Fe Farms, east of Interstate 5, north of Highway 56.
Huge firefighting plane on its way
Posted @ 7:24 AM
A Martin Mars waterbomber is expected to arrive in San Diego County this afternoon to help fight the area's wildfires. The plane, which is based in Canada, is capable of dropping 7,200 gallons of water in a single drop, enough to drench three acres.
The plane also can drop a gel that can coat structures in the path of fires, said San Diego Fire Chief Tracy Jarman.
The plane is amphibious and can land on water .

Miss Perfect
10-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Huge firefighting plane on its way
Posted @ 7:24 AM
A Martin Mars waterbomber is expected to arrive in San Diego County this afternoon to help fight the area's wildfires. The plane, which is based in Canada, is capable of dropping 7,200 gallons of water in a single drop, enough to drench three acres.
The plane also can drop a gel that can coat structures in the path of fires, said San Diego Fire Chief Tracy Jarman.
The plane is amphibious and can land on water .
They said they expect to have the plane land on Lake Elsinore between 11 and 1 to get the water. That would be kind of cool to watch.