PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand my mother in-law

Insurance God
10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
She smokes a pack a day (doesn't bother me, but she does). She shows up at my place this morning complaining that she is having a hard time breathing because of the fires. You can smell the smoke in Huntington Beach but it isn't like the fire is in our backyard. I would think that she inhales more smoke through the cigarettes... :confused:

Ziggy
10-22-2007, 10:38 AM
On Par for a mother in law ;) :D or women in general sometimes :D

topless
10-22-2007, 10:38 AM
She smokes a pack a day (doesn't bother me, but she does). She shows up at my place this morning complaining that she is having a hard time breathing because of the fires. You can smell the smoke in Huntington Beach but it isn't like the fire is in our backyard. I would think that she inhales more smoke through the cigarettes... :confused:But she inhales it through a filter so it's OK.:D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
She smokes a pack a day (doesn't bother me, but she does). She shows up at my place this morning complaining that she is having a hard time breathing because of the fires. You can smell the smoke in Huntington Beach but it isn't like the fire is in our backyard. I would think that she inhales more smoke through the cigarettes... :confused:
Totally different type of smoke. It's normal for a cigarette smoker to be affected more by smoke from a fire than a non-smoker. Less lung capacity.

R.A.D.man
10-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Put a sock in her mouth and 2 cotton balls in her nose and she'll breathe just fine.

SB
10-22-2007, 11:43 AM
:D I once took my smoking, out of shape (former) wife to Colo. She started to get sick in Denver at 5,000 ft. By the time we hit, 8,000 she was flat on her back.:D

RiverToysJas
10-22-2007, 11:56 AM
I came to work down PCH (from Warner), and the wall of smoke across HB was pretty awesome. It extended out over the ocean as far as you could see. It went out over the oil rigs. I wished I had my camera, it was pretty cool. The other cool shot would of been the spray blowing off the tops of the surf! The strong offshore wind was blowing spray 2-3times the hieght of each wave. Pretty cool looking, esp by the pier.
Sky is still pretty orange here in NPB.
RTJas :D

Dude! Sweet!
10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
We left our windows open last night and the inside of our house looks like an ashtray now!
Shawn, I don't even know what to say to this... (laughing so hard though when I saw it was you posting this!) I just sold my race car (as you know) and yesterday my mother-in-law told my wife "well you know he's just going to blow the money on something else!" I was like, "yah no shet, if I wasn't going to spend the money, I would have kept the race car!"

Insurance God
10-22-2007, 12:49 PM
A lot of good advice here. I am going to try the cotton ball trick. :D
Dude Sweet, you are sweet! :D Hanging out with you last Sat was fun & I didn't get into trouble.

Insurance God
10-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Put a sock in her mouth and 2 cotton balls in her nose and she'll breathe just fine.
I thought this was a good idea but my wife didn't agree. :D

wolfie
10-22-2007, 09:54 PM
I greased my mother-in-law's broom. I got sued when she fell off it at an altitude of 40' and landed on the neighbors car.
I'll have to try the cotton ball trick on old Endora.