PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson Ranch is on FIRE!!!!

riverracerx
10-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Here we go again.
Westridge is evacuating and I am on my way home............

LAFD
10-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Here we go again.
im close to you if you need any help i have a truck and can help.
818-472-2993
cale...

RitcheyRch
10-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Saw that on the news. Saw where the helocopter was picking up water from the golf course. I'd offer a place to come hang out but not sure how safe I am up here either.

Magic34
10-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Here we go again.
Damn that sucks!!!!

Singleton
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Here we go again.
If you need a place south, you know the cell number.
We are currently safe in northern Carlsbad.

jjk94
10-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Heard Hillcrest in castaic was also evac

H20 Toie
10-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Yep

RitcheyRch
10-22-2007, 02:23 PM
October 22, 2007 - CASTAIC UPDATE 3:15pm
The Hillcrest area is open to residents with ID at this time. Hillcrest Pkwy remains closed at Sloan Canyon Rd..

boatsnblondes
10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
We ahve two bedrooms and a couch..if anyone needs to go somewhere, we are 3 hours drive north from castaic area...209-874-2448...all are welcome...

UltraStealth
10-22-2007, 02:28 PM
This fire doesn't look good. I think Stevenson will fair ok. The houses it is heading towards are new construction. Only one (big) community for the fire fighters to protect. From there, it will end up in Granada Hills, Northridge, Chatsworth, Simi etc. Hope everyone fairs well.

RitcheyRch
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Agree, once hits the mountains there is nothing to stop it.
This fire doesn't look good. I think Stevenson will fair ok. The houses it is heading towards are new construction. Only one (big) community for the fire fighters to protect. From there, it will end up in Granada Hills, Northridge, Chatsworth, Simi etc. Hope everyone fairs well.
Thats awesome to offer that.
We ahve two bedrooms and a couch..if anyone needs to go somewhere, we are 3 hours drive north from castaic area...209-874-2448...all are welcome...

djunkie
10-22-2007, 02:39 PM
They're showing it on channel 7 news right now. Looks like another bad one. Those super scooper planes are amazing. They are doing drops in that area right now.

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Here we go again.
Chris
If you need anything let us know. We have 2 open bedrooms if anyone needs a place.

riverracerx
10-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks everyone. just got home. The winds keep shifting which was the problem last time. They have some serious air support right now so I think we will do ok. And we live right next to castaic for the scoopers to reload!
Four years ago I never thought we would make it out. This looks pretty easy for now.
I will let you know what happens.
Right now it is burning between magic Mountain and Valencia Blvd. It is at the top of Valencia and heading west. I am south west of it, about 1 mile away....

riverracerx
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKZq101z00

riverracerx
10-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Looks like it is headed to Chatsworth and Simi now.

RitcheyRch
10-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Just saw that on the news.

OutCole'd
10-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Scary shit, be safe Chris!

moneypit
10-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I hope it doesn't come to simi. My House backs open area. It figures everytime I plan on a hunting trip, the phuggin fires come. Now the powers out at my house. Came downt the street to my moms house.

Not Allways A Deck
10-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey, im up on shakespeare lane at the top of poe.Dam its comin here.I have some killer pic to post as soon as we are clear.Last time was much faster, but ?????went to don cocos and now its back again due to wind change!! shit i gots to go!!!!later:sqeyes:

caroftheweek
10-22-2007, 09:25 PM
They just showed a live feed from Stevenson Ranch on the news here in AZ. Still appears to be buring pretty good.

Redwing247
10-22-2007, 10:13 PM
At last...I get to sleep tonight...:sleeping: :sleeping:

photo chick
10-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Anyone have an update on Stevenson Ranch? I can't get ahold of any of my friends there! The news here in Texas can pretty much care less of the Californian's...:mad:

topless
10-23-2007, 05:50 AM
Anyone have an update on Stevenson Ranch? I can't get ahold of any of my friends there! The news here in Texas can pretty much care less of the Californian's...:mad:See how you rednecks are? I'll keep my ears open. A friend of mine got stuck in the Cajon pass after work last night. I told her to come to my house but she thought she could get through. She probably won't come to work today if she had to sleep in her car.

Mr. C
10-23-2007, 05:51 AM
I don't think any houses were lost and i haven't heard of any injuries from that fire. Fire seems to moving to south/west to the 126, that is where i heard they would try to stop it.
Hope you get in touch with your friends.
Anyone have an update on Stevenson Ranch? I can't get ahold of any of my friends there! The news here in Texas can pretty much care less of the Californian's...:mad:

Moneypitt
10-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Last word was that because the houses are grouped together it was eaiser to protect them.(no isolated structures) ....some that were under construction being threatened, but all the footage I saw was of fire crews saving neighborhoods and allowing the fire to burn away from the houses. There is some worry that the three fires in that area may join up, creating a huge fire front that will then proceed into the Porter Ranch area of the SFV. Here in Newbury park, far removed from any fire danger, the winds have layed down considerably this morning. Still a little ash, and the strong smell of smoke/fire, but nothing like the last couple of days.........Ray

photo chick
10-23-2007, 05:55 AM
See how you rednecks are? I'll keep my ears open. A friend of mine got stuck in the Cajon pass after work last night. I told her to come to my house but she thought she could get through. She probably won't come to work today if she had to sleep in her car.
I, my dear, am NOT a redneck....as you know I was forced by gunpoint to leave So. Cal and move here. I am still a Cali Girl!! :D
Last word was that because the houses are grouped together it was eaiser to protect them.(no isolated structures) ....some that were under construction being threatened, but all the footage I saw was of fire crews saving neighborhoods and allowing the fire to burn away from the houses. There is some worry that the three fires in that area may join up, creating a huge fire front that will then proceed into the Porter Ranch area of the SFV. Here in Newbury park, far removed from any fire danger, the winds have layed down considerably this morning. Still a little ash, and the strong smell of smoke/fire, but nothing like the last couple of days.........Ray
thank you....any news on Burbank airport and flights into it? I fly in tomorrow..
I don't think any houses were lost and i haven't heard of any injuries from that fire. Fire seems to moving to south/west to the 126, that is where i heard they would try to stop it.
Hope you get in touch with your friends.
thanks!

topless
10-23-2007, 05:57 AM
I, my dear, am NOT a redneck....as you know I was forced by gunpoint to leave So. Cal and move here. I am still a Cali Girl!! :D
thank you....any news on Burbank airport and flights into it? I fly in tomorrow..
thanks!I meant THOSE damn rednecks.
My mom called yesterday not even concerned about the fires, like they weren't even happening here. Those people want you to think life is just peachy here.

Jbb
10-23-2007, 05:58 AM
I, my dear, am NOT a redneck....
Redneck....:p

photo chick
10-23-2007, 06:00 AM
I meant THOSE damn rednecks.
My mom called yesterday not even concerned about the fires, like they weren't even happening here. Those people want you to think life is just peachy here.
Those people think everyone there is stupid b/c they live there and know there's always fires.....Texans..:yuk:
Redneck....:p
Jeep driver!!!

topless
10-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Those people think everyone there is stupid b/c they live there and know there's always fires.....Texans..:yuk:
Jeep driver!!!They're just skeered. They would rater be in a tornado or hurricane than an earthquake too.

Moneypitt
10-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Burbank airport should not be affected by these current fires. A bunch of smoke maybe, but no fires close to the airport.....
That GTO can't belong to a redneck, it looks as though it has all the windows intact..............Ray

Jbb
10-23-2007, 06:56 AM
..:yuk:
Jeep driver!!!
No Jeeps here...Red....:D

photo chick
10-23-2007, 07:16 AM
No Jeeps here...Red....:D
oh that's right the jeep went in the drink!!
Red yes......redneck no!

Mrs.Racer277
10-23-2007, 07:20 AM
thanks!
L-Are you friends in that area safe???

photo chick
10-23-2007, 07:23 AM
L-Are you friends in that area safe???
yep...they've all been accounted for..:D
thanks!!

Mrs.Racer277
10-23-2007, 07:24 AM
yep...they've all been accounted for..:D
thanks!!
Very glad to hear this. I know you have BIG birthday plans but are you sure you want to risk the trip????:confused:

photo chick
10-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Very glad to hear this. I know you have BIG birthday plans but are you sure you want to risk the trip????:confused:
you bet....let me think Dallas (cold, boring...) vs Cali (warm, fun, friends) YES!!