PDA

View Full Version : I need to get home from OC?? Help!

RVRGIRL
10-22-2007, 02:59 PM
I am in Fullerton, CA right now. I am trying to figure out how I can get home to Lake Havasu. Been following the fires. The news says the 15 freeway is closed down. Anyone live around that area? What is the best way to get home?? Or do you think I should just stay put in Fullerton this evening??:rolleyes:

Lightning
10-22-2007, 03:00 PM
You may want to check sigalert.com for freeway updates. You may want to take the 5 to the 10.:confused:

Havasu Hangin'
10-22-2007, 03:02 PM
I am in Fullerton, CA right now. I am trying to figure out how I can get home to Lake Havasu. Been following the fires. The news says the 15 freeway is closed down. Anyone live around that area? What is the best way to get home?? Or do you think I should just stay put in Fullerton this evening??:rolleyes:
I would do one of two things:
1. Take the 10 to Desert Center
or
2. Follow the RD Evacuation Plan

jbtrailerjim
10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
I-10 east should be fine. Go through Desert Center or through Erenburgh (sp) off of the I-10 and through Parker.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
As HH said, take the 10 out to Rice Road/Desert Center or all the way in to AZ and then cut across the Indian Reservation at Ehrenberg.

BoatFloating
10-22-2007, 03:07 PM
I would do one of two things:
1. Take the 10 to Desert Center
or
2. Follow the RD Evacuation Plan
#2 seems funnier than that long drive to Havasu....

Luckie Stiff
10-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Having lived in Fullerton for quite some time I suggest that unless you absolutely have to head home today, stay put and get an early start tomorrow, if the 15 is still closed then take the 57 FWY to the 10 East take the 10 East to the 62, take the 62 north to Amboy road, take Amboy road to the 40
sounds easy don't it???
whatever you do, be safe and be wary of the idiots on the roads
Skip
or you could just stay on the 62 (looks like a pretty lonely road though) until you hit the 95, then 95 into LHC

ChumpChange
10-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Is the 15 closed through the pass there? I know it's closed in San Diego County but did it close on the route to Havasu?

Havasu Hangin'
10-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Is the 15 closed through the pass there? I know it's closed in San Diego County but did it close on the route to Havasu?
There's a fire at the 15/215 interchange- even if it is open, I wouldn't attempt it. Better off doing the 91/60/10 to Rice Road route.
Although that route is jacked up from commuters right now. Better put a movie in and be prepared to idle to Riverside...

voodoomedman
10-22-2007, 03:24 PM
91 stinks. 57 up to the 10 unless you are leaving during rush hour then go the extra few miles all the way to the 210 and follow it east until you get to the 10. 10 east and then take Rice Road 177 to the 62 into Parker since it's not typical idiot season or to be safer go all the way to Ehrenburg (first exit into Arizona) and then take that road into Parker. 15 is closed right now with the fires. Taking the 62 and then Amboy road seems like a million years and it out of the way and darker and scarier than hell at night. Cool bypass if going to Laughlin but (look at a map) if you're going to Havasu you will be veering south on the 10 then cut up to the 40 to veer north just to come back down to Havasu again on the 95. Did it once because it was a Friday night so the 15 sucked and going out the 10 they had that big ol' country music festival woodstock like thing out in Indio.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Stay put.

RVRGIRL
10-22-2007, 03:40 PM
I think I will just stay put for now. I am driving back all alone and I think it would be best if I leave tomorrow when I can see. (hopefully)... please.. NOOO dust storms.. They really scare me.... ughhhhhhhhh:( :sqeyes:
PS.. Already called work... They were pretty cool about it...

ULTRA26 # 1
10-22-2007, 03:42 PM
I think I will just stay put for now. I am driving back all alone and I think it would be best if I leave tomorrow when I can see. (hopefully)... please.. NOOO dust storms.. They really scare me.... ughhhhhhhhh:( :sqeyes:
PS.. Already called work... They were pretty cool about it...
Aren't you friends with Cheryl? Isn't the baby beautiful!
John M

RVRGIRL
10-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Yes I am friends with Sheryl. Sami is a very pretty baby. I am the godmother . Love her. I spent sometime with Sheryl this past weekend. Came down to visit with her and Sami and my parents. Now I can't get home. ughhh
Heather
Aren't you friends with Cheryl? Isn't the baby beautiful!
John M

BoatPI
10-22-2007, 03:51 PM
I-15 is now OPEN. But the smart bet is I-10, and better yest is leaving early in the am, tonight will be a grand mess beyond belief.

RVRGIRL
10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
I-15 is now OPEN. But the smart bet is I-10, and better yest is leaving early in the am, tonight will be a grand mess beyond belief.
Yes I was thinking the same thing. Will check on the best route possible tomorrow morning.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Yes I am friends with Sheryl. Sami is a very pretty baby. I am the godmother . Love her. I spent sometime with Sheryl this past weekend. Came down to visit with her and Sami and my parents. Now I can't get home. ughhh
Heather
Godmother.... That is cool. She is a doll. Good luck getting back. If I can help, let me know.
John
Sorry, I'm a terrible speller :)

rodnjen
10-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Stay put, go to Heroes for a beer and the game, then drive home tomorrow --slowly.
We would join you but my daughter is not quite three and my son has my wife's boob in his mouth at the moment, two month old son that is.:jawdrop:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Stay put, go to Heroes for a beer and the game, then drive home tomorrow --slowly.
We would join you but my daughter is not quite three and my son has my wife's boob in his mouth at the moment, two month old son that is.:jawdrop:
Went there for lunch a couple of weeks ago. Great burgers :D

SHOCKtheMONKEY
10-22-2007, 05:08 PM
to be safer go all the way to Ehrenburg (first exit into Arizona) and then take that road into Parker. [/QUOTE]
That's the way I always go, only about ten more miles than Rice Rd.....and just about as quick.....plus you don't drive thru BF Egypt :)