PDA

View Full Version : Possible good buy on $$$ house in Surf City

BoatPI
10-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Wifey and i were looking at an open house last weekend in HB Estates.
I learned that another very nice place I had looked at a few months ago (not in my $$ range) was greatly reduced and perhaps going into FC soon.
It is 5,600 sq ft on a 12K lot, two double garages, 30' entry ceilings, pool, etc, etc. It was listed at 3.6M, now 2.95 and could end up for grabs at 2.4 or who knows what. Understand not a house much under 2M in this area now, nearly all custom houses.
This is the prime RE in Huntington Beach. Anyone serious pm me and I will give you RE chickies name for more info.

Swoop
10-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Not to be too negative to your post, but coming from someone that spent their first 20 years living in HB. There is not a better place to be then the Harbor & I mean on the water with a boat slip. For that type of $ you can get a very very nice home, 2.5 will get you a very nice house with a slip, 3+ can get you possibly on the main channel with great views and you are 5 min to break water.
I also sell homes so if you want details on the area, let me know. Not too many people know more about the Harbor !:)

BoatPI
10-22-2007, 06:30 PM
HH is nice, lived there, but NO privacy on the water side. And there is NO way a comp of a newer house like this would gor for 2.5 in HH. As you know it would be a 30+ year old house, not to bash the idea, but not a truly fair comparison. This would be like 4M+ on the water , look at the 12K lot size, split driveway could hold an additional 6 cars, and the four garages. Issues in harbor are often lot width. This place is secluded with every feature and perhsps 6 years or so old.

DeltaSigBoater
10-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Not to be too negative to your post, but coming from someone that spent their first 20 years living in HB. There is not a better place to be then the Harbor & I mean on the water with a boat slip. For that type of $ you can get a very very nice home, 2.5 will get you a very nice house with a slip, 3+ can get you possibly on the main channel with great views and you are 5 min to break water.
I also sell homes so if you want details on the area, let me know. Not too many people know more about the Harbor !:)
Huntington Harbour Sucks :D

DeltaSigBoater
10-22-2007, 06:41 PM
HH is nice, lived there, but NO privacy on the water side. And there is NO way a comp of a newer house like this would gor for 2.5 in HH. As you know it would be a 30+ year old house, not to bash the idea, but not a truly fair comparison. This would be like 4M+ on the water , look at the 12K lot size, split driveway could hold an additional 6 cars, and the four garages. Issues in harbor are often lot width. This place is secluded with every feature and perhsps 6 years or so old.
If you are into walking around your back yard naked then no, but its not like random people from Garden Grove out for a Saturday cruise just pull up to your dock and hang out for the day.
The newest home in HH was built/finished last year and is for sale at $6.5 million. The most expensive sale was a few weeks ago on the main channel in coral cay for $7.5 mil.