PDA

View Full Version : I feel so helpless.

djunkie
10-23-2007, 02:38 AM
I wish there was something I could do for the people in these fires. Lots of people I know have homes in danger and now I just found read that my families cabin in Crestline may be in danger now. This all just sucks!!!!!!!!!

RiverOtter
10-23-2007, 03:14 AM
Unreal. Hurricane force winds and fire.

RitcheyRch
10-23-2007, 04:27 AM
Depressing seeing the damage and knowing there is nothing you can do.

Outnumbered
10-23-2007, 04:58 AM
From unknown person in Crestline area (found this on ROTW.net...
"04:40 AM Source: other From: {email -- thanks}
We are still hanging out in Crestline. We are at Lake Greg Dr and Nestal. There seem to be quite a few of us here according to your "standby" ROTW (thank you for that btw...). We have a view of the entire east side of the Lake Gregory Valley looking down on the baseball end of the lake. I don't see any movement on the part of the fire. In fact, it seems to have lessened and I don't think it's wishful thinking. Winds are actually a bit quieter than they were earlier, but still not near being calm. We are watching closely and will leave if we are in the way of firefighting efforts or if fire does come close. Until then, we are digging in. Luck and blessings to everyone both up and down."

Pheelin Phroggy
10-23-2007, 05:59 AM
If anyone knows of anyone that needs to run.. we are on the southside of Hesperia near the lake.. someone will be here all day call 866-877-7665

HPBoats83
10-23-2007, 06:21 AM
I wish there was something I could do for the people in these fires. Lots of people I know have homes in danger and now I just found read that my families cabin in Crestline may be in danger now. This all just sucks!!!!!!!!!
I hear ya on that one big time! I found out last night that the guy I raced a 2750 Lavey with and become a friend of is most likely going to loose his house in Fallbrook! :( I hate no being able to do anything, I just want to do something to help.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-23-2007, 07:41 AM
I feel the same way. We have some friends in Fallbrook who tried to get their animals up to our place, but couldn't get through. :( They found another location, however. 6 chickens in a cat crate LOL

Mrs.Racer277
10-23-2007, 07:43 AM
I feel the same way Djunk. Hope the cabin is safe. Wish there was something we could do also.

mobldj
10-23-2007, 07:46 AM
on just a lighter note at least the firemen got their priorities right,on the news i saw them rolling someones boat out of the garage while the house was going up,karma