PDA

View Full Version : My house is still here!

riverroyal
10-23-2007, 07:25 AM
just walked in,no damage.Smoke and ash is bad,heading to hotel to pick up wifey and kids.Then to JB in socal house to get the dog.Fires are still everywhere around my house.Its very creepy driving around encinitas

Mrs.Racer277
10-23-2007, 07:26 AM
just walked in,no damage.Smoke and ash is bad,heading to hotel to pick up wifey and kids.Then to JB in socal house to get the dog.Fires are still everywhere around my house.Its very creepy driving around encinitas
Wonderful news RR. Everyone has been worried about you. Thanks for checking in and keeping us posted.

OutCole'd
10-23-2007, 07:27 AM
Good news! Be safe.

widowmaker
10-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Mine too! I'm in rancho santa fe and the fire has passed me to the north heading west! Air quality is improving quickly as well! Good luck to everyone else.

racecar.hotshoe
10-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Great news,be safe I wish everybody was so lucky,Mark

SummitKarl
10-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Steve, so glad to hear this:D
did the fire make it down the valley to my old home?

caroftheweek
10-23-2007, 07:47 AM
good to hear Steve. Glad you guys and your home are safe and sound

boatsnblondes
10-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Great news bro..glad to hear it....:D :D :D

hot_diggity_dog
10-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Awesome news:D
HDD

OnlyMoney
10-23-2007, 08:14 AM
That's some wonderful news and it's still early in the day. :)

ck7684
10-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Thats good news!! I just read that 1 in 9 houses were burning and that the fire was really skipping around. I dont understand that, but good to hear that it's not completely destroying everything in it's path...

JB in so cal
10-23-2007, 08:29 AM
...Run, Forest. Run!!!

Havasu_Dreamin
10-23-2007, 08:32 AM
Thats good news!! I just read that 1 in 9 houses were burning and that the fire was really skipping around. I dont understand that, but good to hear that it's not completely destroying everything in it's path...
It's because it is a crap shoot where the burning embers land. As an example, up in Running Springs a news crew was reporting in front of two homes that were destroyed yet across the street was a house that was untouched as was a house on the next street over from the two that burned...go figure...

WestTNRiverRat
10-23-2007, 08:33 AM
That's good news. One of my retired buddies called this morning and said he was heading to the San Diego area with the Red Cross. Over 500,000 evacuated from their homes. :(

Ziggy
10-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Good news Steve, heard you were sipping Mimosa's at the Hotel ;) :)
I don't think my buddy in Fallbrook has a house anymore :(

Miss Perfect
10-23-2007, 09:00 AM
That's great news RR! My boss got some good news this morning too. He lives in San Pasqual Valley and his answering machine picked up when he called today. That has to be a good sign.

Lightning
10-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Glad to hear everyone on the forums has been safe. We had two friends that got evacuated last night come over the house. We drank some wine and they left to return to their homes this morning...one lives in Scripps Ranch and the other in Rancho Penasquitos. They may be back later today - hopefully not due to evacuation.

bruddah
10-23-2007, 10:52 AM
im in sm too and we were fortunate enough to be spared as well... however we arent out of it yet due to the fire that is jumping deldios and heading towards elfin forest and harmony grove that could head over the hill like it did years ago! good luck everyone and my best wishes

mrs.rvrluvr
10-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Glad to hear you are safe.

H20 Toie
10-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Good news
I just saw my house on tv so i know it is still there :)
Not being able to go home really sucks

RitcheyRch
10-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Excellent news

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Glad to hear it. :) Thanks for the update.

Not So Fast
10-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Do you know if Fox Point up off Leucadia Blvd survived. We used to live there on Passiflora, should've never sold that house, probably worth a million $$ or more easily now, if it survived:( the tract backed up to Ecke Farms, if fact Paul Ecke was my neighbor. NSF

bruddah
10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Do you know if Fox Point up off Leucadia Blvd survived. We used to live there on Passiflora, should've never sold that house, probably worth a million $$ or more easily now, if it survived:( the tract backed up to Ecke Farms, if fact Paul Ecke was my neighbor. NSF
nsf pretty sure they are ok... have a friend that lives there and said that they are ok for now...

Hardly Satisfied
10-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Glad to hear everything is ok, talked with Toby this morning he said all is well as can be.

cola
10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Awesome news:D
HDD
Glen, how is your home. My aunt lives close to you, I think. Not far from Live Oak Park. Cant reach her, I know they left Fallbrook yesterday around noon.
Mike

riverroyal
10-23-2007, 03:27 PM
my 1st post was this morning.We drove to Jbs picked up the dog then cancelled our hotel room.10 minutes after we got home,phone rang,reverse 911,evacuate immediately.AWWW crap,i just unpacked!So we repacked,this time better.Now we have our stuff sitting in the garage ready to go in the truck when i SEE fire.The concern is the fire around lake hodges getting in to the canyons back here.So far it doesnt look like its gonna be a issue.

riverroyal
10-23-2007, 03:28 PM
it that far YET,its still bouncing around olivenhein and rancho

OutCole'd
10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Damn Steve, that sucks! Be safe!

riverroyal
10-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Good news Steve, heard you were sipping Mimosa's at the Hotel ;) :)
I don't think my buddy in Fallbrook has a house anymore :(
at 130 am when we left in a seriuos hurry,i got on the phone,1st place I called pacific palasades in carlsbad had rooms.In 10 minutes we were there.By 230 the line was out the door.Got very lucky on the room deal.Great hotel,I hung out in the arcade/activity room all day yesterday:D

Ziggy
10-23-2007, 03:31 PM
We're leaving town now Steve...wanna join us in Havi?

riverroyal
10-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Damn Steve, that sucks! Be safe!
just watched 3 copter with water hoses hanging out fly over my house.Kinda like they were looking for something to drop water on,which is a good sign

riverroyal
10-23-2007, 03:32 PM
We're leaving town now Steve...wanna join us in Havi?
gettin out of the smoke?