PDA

View Full Version : 2forcefull....what a character!

HM
10-23-2007, 08:49 AM
I am in Vegas for a convention and made arangements for 2forcefull to work on my exhaust. Very cool guy and definitely not anyone to be trifelled with. Anyone that can pull out their own teeth with a pair of plyers is a tough guy in my book. Great muffler shop for any of you in Vegas, or like me, plan to come to Vegas. I wish he was closer as he would be my default go to guy.
The plus side is now my Dodge durango sounds like a prostocker especially at low RPM. Too bad the thing is not very quick...now I have to do the "I'm too cool to race you" dealio. :D

2forcefull
10-23-2007, 04:44 PM
don't try that at home, it hurt like a mofo

HM
10-25-2007, 08:11 AM
It really is worth it to take a vehicle to a professional. Quick story...I had my local mechanic install a set of headers on my Dodge Durango 5.9 after one of my stock manifolds cracked. The thing has had numerous exhaust leaks since day 1 of the install. I took it back half a dozen times to the claim that "it is a LOT quieter now" only to be exactly the same as it was before. I knew I needed to go to an exhaust shop because I knew something was wrong with headers that the general mechanic couldn't figure out.
2forcefull's guys get to work on it. Turns out the passenger side headers just don't line up correctly with the rest of the exhaust...but my mechanic tried to force it by tightening the shiat out of the collector bolts. By attempting to force the seal, the bell connection was damaged and therefore would never seal. And, I blew the driver side header gasket(these headers are 2 months old). 2forcefulls guys get the thing ship shape and the dodge is purring.
Steve, because he knows exhaust, lets me know that the dodge durango's don't do well with headers as they lean out the motor and the headers get hotter than shiat which slowly damages wires and other parts around the headers due to the heat. He tells me to check out the headers at night...which I did on the way back from Vegas last night at the top of one of the grades. I wasn't running hard up the grade, just keeping with traffic at about 65-70 MPH. The driver side header was glowing bright red...you could almost see thru it :eek: . The passenger side was not glowing nearly as red. So, needless to say, I will be putting stock manifolds back on. The headers really didn't improve the performance noticebly at all....if anything, it seemed like the gas mileage went down a tad.
So, again, it pays to go to the experts.
Thanks again Steve. You guys in Vegas....make sure you check out Best Muffler Shop. And, while you are waiting, Steve will tell you some of the funniest stories about being busted by his ex-wife you have ever heard...including getting shot in the leg!!! :eek:

Racey
10-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I watched my old man pull 2 of his bottom teeth out with pliers here at the shop when i was about 10, he got kissed in the face with a ramset up on an extension ladder and busted them pretty loose some time before that, he finally got fed up with them, yank.
I still quiver thinking about it :eek:

2forcefull
10-25-2007, 08:59 AM
I watched my old man pull 2 of his bottom teeth out with pliers here at the shop when i was about 10, he got kissed in the face with a ramset up on an extension ladder and busted them pretty loose some time before that, he finally got fed up with them, yank.
I still quiver thinking about it :eek:
In 1989 I took a ski rope handle in the mouth
while try'n to get a buddy up on a skurfer board
we had the rope about 40 off, I turned around
right as he let go of the handle, only time
I have ever been knocked out, I've had tooth
aches and problems ever since

BarryMac
10-25-2007, 09:08 AM
2forcefull, I may be in Vegas to first part of November, I want to put something on my '03 Denali with the 6.0, any suggestions, maybe I can drop it off for the day and let you and your guys perform some magic?

2forcefull
10-25-2007, 09:52 AM
2forcefull, I may be in Vegas to first part of November, I want to put something on my '03 Denali with the 6.0, any suggestions, maybe I can drop it off for the day and let you and your guys perform some magic?
I put a magna flow on my 6.0 not too loud and picked up in the mid range

BarryMac
10-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I put a magna flow on my 6.0 not too loud and picked up in the mid range
Is that a full cat back system? What's the cost for a system like that?

2forcefull
11-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Is that a full cat back system? What's the cost for a system like that?
just changed the muffler,150 bucks installed

MBlaster
11-20-2007, 09:18 AM
2forcefull needs his own subforum.:)
I am thinking of putting a Banks powerpack on my 01 Southwind V10. The exhaust and headers are stainless and include a muffler. Curiously they use the stock cat. Would you put on a aftermarket hi-flow cat or should I just stick with the stock cat? The moho has only 27K on the odo.

2forcefull
11-20-2007, 10:33 AM
I am thinking of putting a Banks powerpack on my 01 Southwind V10. The exhaust and headers are stainless and include a muffler. Curiously they use the stock cat. Would you put on a aftermarket hi-flow cat or should I just stick with the stock cat? The moho has only 27K on the odo.
leave the stock cat!!!!!!the after market "hi flow"" cats can't handle the heat that the V-10 makes
also make sure that you put the heat shields by the starter, or you will get stranded when the starter goes!!!
the hi flow cats will make about two baker grade pass's before they melt down

2forcefull
11-20-2007, 10:35 AM
is it the 32V? if so I had one , I put the banks on it, and it helped alot