PDA

View Full Version : fire damage

jackpunx
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
This is my buddies property up the street. I usually store my 5th wheel there..
it missed the house, but got everything else.
we saved almost all the animals (horse,lama,goats and about 5 of the chickens) the rest of them didnt make it. Very sad.
but we got a generator up there last night so they had a pump to water all the horses down (nieghbors ranch is boarding all the animals)
everything is still smoking up there but no more big fires in the area..
everything there can be rebuilt and we are very greatfull for the firemen that put their life on the line for our homes.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/1023070942.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/1023070941.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/GetAttachment.jpg

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Are you guys out of the woods Mark? Let us know if you need anything! ;)
xoxo

Jetdriver
10-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Was up there Sunday night looking after my moms house. Didnt know if the fire was going to get to close or not. Ill be back up there tonight. You guys are all ok?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-23-2007, 10:40 AM
:(
I keep thinking about all of the animals, both wild and domestic, lost. They can't drive and get away, and they don't get information on which direction is the right way.

jackpunx
10-23-2007, 10:51 AM
we are just at the bottom of the hill.. so our nieghborhood is all good.They evacuated with in 3 blocks of us in every direction. I was able to get around the neighborhood on my dirtbike to help some of the old people and my boss (who is blind) get out of their homes.. Something like this happens and its amazing to watch how people come together and help eachother out.. they all stayed with the guy who ownes the ranch that we put the animals at and faught the fire with the firemen... I had to go back to my house with my family and get ready for evacuation. All and all that was the only damage they took other then brush and trees.

topless
10-23-2007, 11:09 AM
These fires are the most devestating disaster I've ever seen. I pray that we don't get torrential rains like in 03 that caused the fatal mudslides as well. The one at KOA campground in Devore not only took the manager of the parks life but an insurance adjuster who was there accesing the damage from the fires a few months prior to the slide. Very sad. My prayers are with all of you who are affected my the fires now as well as the fire fighters. May God hold and keep you and yours safe.

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-23-2007, 11:50 AM
wow Mark. We are so happy to hear you and the family are doing well. Sorry about the neighbors house but at least they are safe. The house can be replaced. you and the family are great people to help out. But we know that is the type of people you are. always so giving . :)

DesertGirl
10-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Wow, Mark that is tough to see. I am glad to hear you guys are ok. If you need anything let us know. We are thinking of you :)

SOCALDETAIL1
10-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Wow Mark its sad to see that.

djunkie
10-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Man that sucks. Glad to hear you guys got away with no damage Mark.

DesertGirl
10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Mark - how is Danielle going to have a stress free birthday with all this stuff going on???

jackpunx
10-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Mark - how is Danielle going to have a stress free birthday with all this stuff going on???
thanks to all for the nice coments
as far as Danielle>>>>lolo
Now I have to work to catch up to the days I took off..
So I'll be working for the weekend.. You guys should come up and take her out:D