PDA

View Full Version : D.L. for New York Illegals

Not So Fast
10-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Hell might as well spend all day on here. On Lou Dobbs today they just reported that the Governor of New York has introduced a bill to basically give Drivers Licences to illegal's. They will not have to produce any proof of citizenship except to check a box saying they are citizens of the U.S.:confused: No S.S. card, NOTHING. How do these people get elected and whats worse is how do they stay in office. This they say could lead to massive voter fraud which could lead to the undermining of the government. What the heck is this nation coming to :eek: :eek: :eek: NSF PS>>>BTW I love Lou Dobbs

Jyruiz
10-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Because politicians don't care about the people, all they care about is staying in power.

WestTNRiverRat
10-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Our idiot governor did that last year. Don't know what he was thinking. :mad: :mad:

adjones419
10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Our idiot governor did that last year. Don't know what he was thinking. :mad: :mad:
They're simply buying votes by giving illegals a driver's license, which is what you have to show when you register to vote.

Havasu1986
10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
They're simply buying votes by giving illegals a driver's license, which is what you have to show when you register to vote.
You have to be a citizen to register to vote. D.L. won't help you there. ;)

Not So Fast
10-23-2007, 06:00 PM
You have to be a citizen to register to vote. D.L. won't help you there. ;)
I didnt repeat the whole thing Bob, my bad. When they go to DMV and apply OK? they have to prove NOTHING about being a citizen just say they are. Then they are asked if they want to register to vote and just check the box and presto gomez they are ready to vote:eek: :eek: And the D.L. are identical to all others. Lou Dobbs went as far as to call the Gov of NY an idiot right on the air, then aplogized but the message was sent :D NSF

77Woodbridge
10-23-2007, 07:07 PM
It's true. No proof of anything required. You still have to pass the written and road exams though. I wish I could understand why this illegal alien issue is such a big deal to you guys. The illegals from Mexico are primarily migrant farm workers. Illegals from other parts of the world I would be more concerned about. But once those guys get here a driver's license is the last of our concerns.
Illegals will not be at the polls anymore than that lazy bastard standing on the corner all day.
I am far more concerned about things like say...nothing being produced in America anymore, by American companies (except some food) - Toyota, Honda, BMW and their kind opening plants here do not count. How about the value of the dollar imploding, the cost of crude oil products/by-products and there effect on the small business man's and working poor's ability to survive.
Not to jack, but how do you see these issues? The future of America swings on the latter, not the former IMHO.

scooooter7
10-23-2007, 07:23 PM
It's true. No proof of anything required. You still have to pass the written and road exams though. I wish I could understand why this illegal alien issue is such a big deal to you guys. The illegals from Mexico are primarily migrant farm workers. Illegals from other parts of the world I would be more concerned about. But once those guys get here a driver's license is the last of our concerns.
You don't get out much do you???

Not So Fast
10-23-2007, 10:16 PM
I dont think the term Mexican was ever used, just illegals as far as i know.There are all sorts of illegals, Muslims, Salvadoreans, Islamics, Chinese,Japanese, Russians, you get the picture :confused: NSF

WestTNRiverRat
10-24-2007, 04:02 AM
Ughhh...why don't you ask the parents of the 11 y/o girl that was hit and killed by a car full of illegal mexcans last month as she crossed the road to get on her school bus. They couldn't speak English much less read the sign on the side of the bus that said STOP. But they had a valid drivers license issued by the state, they just didn't understand some of the finer points of operating a motor vehicle. That is only one reason they shouldn't have a drivers license. Another reason is well...they're illegal, they need to go back to Mexico.

WestTNRiverRat
10-24-2007, 04:57 AM
They have stop signs in Mexico, you freakin' dumb ass redneck. It might interest you to know they look exactly the same. Even somebody from TN could figure it out.
What they couldn't figure out was why the cars in front of them were stopped. So they went around them and hit the girl as she crossed the road. Right in front of the girl's mom and little brother I might add. None of the 5 in the car spoke a word of English.
Maybe they don't have flashing lights and little stop signs on the school buses in Mexico. Lets just say that if this dumb ass redneck from Tennessee ever went to Mexico and got behind a Mexican school bus I'd have enough sense to not try to pass it when it's stopped dead in the middle of the road.
FukTard

Wild Horses
10-24-2007, 05:08 AM
They have stop signs in Mexico, you freakin' dumb ass redneck. It might interest you to know they look exactly the same. Even somebody from TN could figure it out.
Sorry but ALTO and STOP is not exactly the same! I think maybe the smoke has got to you, I think you crossed the line without the full story.:(

Kachina26
10-24-2007, 07:06 AM
It's true. No proof of anything required. You still have to pass the written and road exams though. I wish I could understand why this illegal alien issue is such a big deal to you guys. The illegals from Mexico are primarily migrant farm workers. snip
In California, the exams are administered in Spanish if they want. I turned in 2 people who were cheating, my spaninsh is minimal, but it's good enough to understand, "Hey, what is the answer on this one? Thanks, I had it wrong." After about 10 minutes of that, I told the proctor that supposed to be watching, the friend was removed and the person got a new test to start from scratch!
The media would have you believe that they are all here picking fruit and maybe cleaning hotel rooms. The facts are, they are also in very large number performing skilled labor too. Masonry, framing, roofing, heck even railroading in some parts. You just wait until it becomes an issue up north too, I'll be happy to give you an "I told you so!"
Sorry but ALTO and STOP is not exactly the same! I think maybe the smoke has got to you, I think you crossed the line without the full story.:(
Um, it's been a few years since I was down in Mexico, but the alto signs that I saw were red octagons. Ya'll know what an octagon is in UT, right?
http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials_sp/level_3/links/stop_sign.jpg

77Woodbridge
10-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I dont think the term Mexican was ever used, just illegals as far as i know.There are all sorts of illegals, Muslims, Salvadoreans, Islamics, Chinese,Japanese, Russians, you get the picture :confused: NSF
Reread my post I didn't say that you called out any one group.

77Woodbridge
10-24-2007, 08:53 AM
In California, the exams are administered in Spanish if they want. I turned in 2 people who were cheating, my spaninsh is minimal, but it's good enough to understand, "Hey, what is the answer on this one? Thanks, I had it wrong." After about 10 minutes of that, I told the proctor that supposed to be watching, the friend was removed and the person got a new test to start from scratch!
The media would have you believe that they are all here picking fruit and maybe cleaning hotel rooms. The facts are, they are also in very large number performing skilled labor too. Masonry, framing, roofing, heck even railroading in some parts. You just wait until it becomes an issue up north too, I'll be happy to give you an "I told you so!"
Um, it's been a few years since I was down in Mexico, but the alto signs that I saw were red octagons. Ya'll know what an octagon is in UT, right?
If they are performing skilled labor in the areas that you mention - which sound like union fields primarily, that's your root cause.
When and if the problem occurs as you describe I'll be the first to say that I had my head up my a$$.

Wild Horses
10-24-2007, 09:03 AM
All you did was prove my point, here in the U.S. we spell it S.T.O.P. I thought they had schools in Cali? Exactly means EXACTLY!!:idea:

Kachina26
10-24-2007, 09:04 AM
If they are performing skilled labor in the areas that you mention - which sound like union fields primarily, that's your root cause.
When and if the problem occurs as you describe I'll be the first to say that I had my head up my a$$.
Lack of unions is the issue. In so cal, you don't have to be in a union to work the skilled trades. We had quite the building boom. I personally watched what I believed to be (I didn't go asking for papers) illegals build the house next to me as well as many others. I personally witnessed what I believed to be (again, didn't go checking papers) illegals performing switching in a non BNSF (read non-union) rail yard in Ft Worth, Texas. Get your head out of the sand my friend. Now, while unions would love to unionize the illegal population to fill their pockets, it hasn't happened. It won't be long before my menial job becomes one of those that "Americans" won't do! When I was in Ft Worth, I was amazed at the amount of jobs that "Americans won't do" being done by what I believed to be (didn't check their papers either),Americans. That's when I realized why folks in places other than So Cal and the like think that illegals are all here picking fruit. Because they have not invaded those places like they have here. Give it time.

SB
10-24-2007, 11:03 AM
I have seen our courts clogged with illegals charged with Driving without a license.
SO, I say, if they're already here, deal with it by issuing a license to someone who pays the fee and passes the tests.
NOW, if you want the license to be a different color, maybe with a fingerprint, maybe with a warning that the person has not produced papers, fine by me.
AND if you want cops to pick up each and every one of these guys, and deport them, again fine by me. However, if you'd rather have the cop expend his time in other ways, I can live with that.
Hopefully, once the illegal can geta DL and a maybe a bank acct., he won't get robbed and shot all the time.

redneckcharlie
10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
What a fxxxin joke! :rolleyes:

thatguy
10-24-2007, 12:03 PM
I drove to Cabo once. Spoke about 3 words in Spanish. But, I knew a stop sign when I saw it.
However, rules of the road generally do not exist in Mexico. Especially outside of the "cities". From my observations, (and the Army roadblocks I went through),
there is basically no DOT, or any real regulations that are enforced. UNLESS you have stateside plates. Then, a pocketful of twenties seems to be the standard method of handling any local infringement.
I was all the way to San Ignacio(maybe 600-700 miles?), through at least 4 army searches, and a few $20.00 pay offs before I was even asked for an ID.
Point is, licensed or not, driving habits are wildly different between the 2 countries. The accident running over the girl would be typical there.
Of course, the bus would likely not even have seats or a door, let alone any flashers.
Giving a DL to a person who has only driven in Mexico is, for the most part, suicide. It would require full blown classroom and instructor to even begin to deal with our rules. Just my .02 based on my experience there.
Tommy

moneysucker
10-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah, they need to be unionized so they can give a portion of their check to a fat white guy who makes sure that they can't be fired for being lazy or slow so they can keep contributing to the brother/sisterhood. Sounds like a fabulous idea. UNIONS are the answer!!!! I only use union labor when they are not full of themsleves I do have some very good companies that are and some that have been tossed due to hall labor and BS attitudes. Illegals need to be sent back and applications for work visas and temporary visas need to be more available to those who deserve them and citizenship can be rewarded to those who prove deserving (Paying taxes working contributing to society vs. being a drain) those who do not go back at the end of their trial period.
Cy