PDA

View Full Version : SD Chargers Game

Parker Dreamin
10-23-2007, 06:24 PM
What does everybody think they are going to do about the Chargers game this weekend. I just happen to get tickets months ago for this game, kind of a surprise for my dad since he used to take me to all the Rams games.
What if I can not make it another date or to another location, do you get your face value back for them?
I have heard possibly AZ. Why not up here to the Rose Bowl or something.
on a side not my thoughts and prayers are with everybody involved in and around any type of fire.

Magic34
10-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Cards have a bye week and available stadium. Didn't they do that once before?

Havasu_Dreamin
10-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Why not up here to the Rose Bowl or something.
The Rose Bowl actually has a limit on the number of events there each year. Although given way the Bruins are playng this year :mad: their games should not count against that total.....:D

Havasu_Dreamin
10-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Didn't they do that once before?
Yep, last time San Diego was on fire.....

Havasu1986
10-23-2007, 06:30 PM
I heard LT on the radio today saying there were a couple houses on his street that burned down but his didn't. He would like to play the game for the fans, but didn't know where. They moved it to AZ. Last time, but there is something already going on there this weekend. The San Diego College coach wants his Sat. game rescheduled. Who knows. :confused:

Parker Dreamin
10-23-2007, 06:32 PM
I heard LT on the radio today saying there were a couple houses on his street that burned down but his didn't. He would like to play the game for the fans, but didn't know where. They moved it to AZ. Last time, but there is something already going on there this weekend. The San Diego College coach wants his Sat. game rescheduled. Who knows. :confused:
Think they were talking about Monday night in AZ.

Not So Fast
10-23-2007, 10:22 PM
The Cardinals stadium reportedly has a motocross scheduled and they are talking about playing the game on Monday nite there or thats the last I heard. Go Bolts>>>>>>>>>> NSF sort of a hollow sound to that cheer:(

Havasu1986
10-23-2007, 10:25 PM
The Cardinals stadium reportedly has a motocross scheduled and they are talking about playing the game on Monday nite there or thats the last I heard. Go Bolts>>>>>>>>>> NSF sort of a hollow sound to that cheer:(
Up a little late Bobby. How you likeing Cane. ?

Magic34
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
On the news tonight, they were talking Sun Devil Stadium. Never talked about the new one in Glendale.

riverbound
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Just kick everyone out for the game...that would be one hell of a parking lot party :D

Magic34
10-23-2007, 10:30 PM
The Cardinals stadium reportedly has a motocross scheduled :(
I say football should bump the flatbiller convention.

Havasu1986
10-23-2007, 10:31 PM
On the news tonight, they were talking Sun Devil Stadium. Never talked about the new one in Glendale.
I wonder why they don't try Angel Stadium. They play football there sometimes.

BajaMike
10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
I have four tickets to the game....I just heard tonight they are considering "Tempe or Los Angeles"??:confused:
:eek:

Not So Fast
10-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Up a little late Bobby. How you likeing Cane. ?
Bob, best new show on TV. Boats booze broads clubs murder backstabbing, what more could you want huh, and its got Jimmy Smits and a pretty good cast around him. I like it:D And this is when the little friend of mine starts to kick in, say hello to my little friend "Muchacho Ambien" an old mans best friend;) NSF signing off$$$$$$$$$$$zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RitcheyRch
10-24-2007, 04:55 AM
I was wondering the same thing since have tickets to see the Chargers vs the Colts. My game not until Nov 11th so feel pretty confident the stadium will be cleared by then.
Sure hope they make some progress on putting out the fires once the wind dies down.
What does everybody think they are going to do about the Chargers game this weekend. I just happen to get tickets months ago for this game, kind of a surprise for my dad since he used to take me to all the Rams games.
What if I can not make it another date or to another location, do you get your face value back for them?
I have heard possibly AZ. Why not up here to the Rose Bowl or something.
on a side not my thoughts and prayers are with everybody involved in and around any type of fire.

Parker Dreamin
10-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Last I heard they are leaning towards the Rose Bowl.

Strippoker
10-24-2007, 08:11 AM
News lastnight was saying they may play in the Sun Devil stadium not the new one due to moto cross

Havasu_Dreamin
10-24-2007, 09:15 AM
From ESPN.com
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the options for Chargers-Texans include playing the game in Los Angeles, at Arizona State's Sun Devil Stadium -- the Cardinals' former home -- at Texas Stadium in Dallas or Reliant Stadium, the Texans' home field.

BoatFloating
10-24-2007, 09:36 AM
From ESPN.com
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the options for Chargers-Texans include playing the game in Los Angeles, at Arizona State's Sun Devil Stadium -- the Cardinals' former home -- at Texas Stadium in Dallas or Reliant Stadium, the Texans' home field.
Talk about losing home field if they play at the Texans' crib..

DeltaSigBoater
10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I wonder why they don't try Angel Stadium. They play football there sometimes.
There hasnt been a football game played there since the Rams left before the start of the '95 season.

essexjet
10-24-2007, 09:55 AM
I heard that they are leaning more toward Dallas to play the game.

ThongMagnet
10-24-2007, 10:05 AM
The Chargers arrived in Tempe today. Not sure if they will be playing here, but they are in Arizona. (Home of the "Red Birds of Fire")

azgfboatgirl
10-24-2007, 10:20 AM
I hear the final decision will be made on Sunday before game time. :D :D

thatguy
10-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Fox news was saying Dallas this morning, but it was still up in the air.
Tommy

riverroyal
10-24-2007, 10:28 AM
and the organization.They had a 'press' release monday.Saying that due to the smoke they will be flying the team to Az for practice.I was watching Tv in a hotel room after being evacuated and they stopped the news showing devastation to tell us/me they were flying to Az.Who cares.What a crappy thing to show people who were homeless.FOCK them

Parker Dreamin
10-24-2007, 10:39 AM
So here is a question....
What if the game is not played in SD (does not look like it will) and it is played at a location I can not attend.
What happens with the $175 x 4 tix I paid for?

Hustler
10-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Refund plus a 10% service charge:D

riverroyal
10-24-2007, 10:48 AM
So here is a question....
What if the game is not played in SD (does not look like it will) and it is played at a location I can not attend.
What happens with the $175 x 4 tix I paid for?
would be my guess

Parker Dreamin
10-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Has anybody heard any type of update?

Miss Perfect
10-25-2007, 09:45 AM
I heard this morning that they are hoping to still play the game in SD on Sunday, but who knows.... yesterday I heard the fireman shot the arsonist :D

RitcheyRch
10-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Thats what I heard as well. They said there is only about 300-500 people stay there now.
I heard this morning that they are hoping to still play the game in SD on Sunday, but who knows.... yesterday I heard the fireman shot the arsonist :D

oldbuck40
10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
i heard on the news there was a good possibility the game would be played in Dallas being the Boys are off this sunday!

BoatFloating
10-25-2007, 11:05 AM
It was a cop that shot the arsonist in San Berdo..... Firemen I hope don't carry guns............. ;)
"Police shot and killed a man who fled Tuesday night when officers approached to see if he might be trying to set a fire in San Bernardino. The man, whose name was not released, had led police on a chase then backed his car into a police cruiser, police said"

Miss Perfect
10-25-2007, 11:22 AM
It was a cop that shot the arsonist in San Berdo..... Firemen I hope don't carry guns............. ;)
"Police shot and killed a man who fled Tuesday night when officers approached to see if he might be trying to set a fire in San Bernardino. The man, whose name was not released, had led police on a chase then backed his car into a police cruiser, police said"
I got that...I was trying to be funny. I guess I should have used a few more winky faces. ;)

BoatFloating
10-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I got that...I was trying to be funny. I guess I should have used a few more winky faces. ;)
;) ;) ;) Foul on Miss Perfect 15 yards on not using enough ;) in a funny statement.......;) ;)
Game on....

Miss Perfect
10-25-2007, 11:31 AM
;) ;) ;) Foul on Miss Perfect 15 yards on not using enough ;) in a funny statement.......;) ;)
Game on....
Maybe I did use enough winkies, it's just my statement wasn't funny. I betcha didn't think about that one, now did ya? :D

CBadDad
10-25-2007, 12:53 PM
The stadium will be empty by then.
The mayor wants the game played here.
I think the the air quality will be the reason why they move the game. It is suppose to get worse because the winds have died down. Should be a good layer of ash on everything after this weekned.

Havasu1986
10-25-2007, 03:26 PM
I heard Mike Ditka on ESPN radio about a hour say that he got a call from ESPN saying they may try to play the game monday night in San Diego.

Parker Dreamin
10-25-2007, 03:59 PM
I heard Mike Ditka on ESPN radio about a hour say that he got a call from ESPN saying they may try to play the game monday night in San Diego.
Oh man..... I just need them to state what the real deal plan is. Possible this and possible that.

Havasu1986
10-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Oh man..... I just need them to state what the real deal plan is. Possible this and possible that.
They have to make a decision soon. Texas needs to know where to send there fans and team also.

BoatFloating
10-25-2007, 04:05 PM
They better make their minds up quick.......

Parker Dreamin
10-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Sanders: Chargers can play at the Q, decision is theirs
By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
5:32 p.m. October 25, 2007
Whether the Chargers host the Houston Texans this weekend at Qualcomm Stadium is up to them, Mayor Jerry Sanders said Thursday afternoon.
From today's U-T
* Indications are Bolts won't bolt Qualcomm
“Should they decide to play in San Diego, the stadium will be ready on Sunday,” said Fred Sainz, the mayor's spokesman. “It's their decision to play in San Diego or not.”
The Chargers had no comment as of 5:20 p.m. but could have one later, spokesman Bill Johnston said.
Earlier Thursday, Chargers officials were optimistic the game would be played in San Diego, perhaps on Monday night.
In Houston earlier Thursday, Texans coach Gary Kubiak said he didn't know anything for sure, “But the indications to us were that we were going to play on Monday night in San Diego. That's the last thing I've been told.”
The Chargers had been deferring to Sanders until the mayor's statements around 5 p.m.
Why would they want to play Monday night over Sunday ?

Mandelon
10-25-2007, 07:09 PM
The air is getting cleaner by the hour near the coast, essentially where the Q is in mission valley. It gets a nice dose of fresh ocean air as the wind has shifted from off shore to on shore..
Almost all the evacuees are gone, and the rest will be gone in a day or two. I'd bet it will be here at home...

Parker Dreamin
10-25-2007, 07:31 PM
The air is getting cleaner by the hour near the coast, essentially where the Q is in mission valley. It gets a nice dose of fresh ocean air as the wind has shifted from off shore to on shore..
Almost all the evacuees are gone, and the rest will be gone in a day or two. I'd bet it will be here at home...
With them not coming out and saying a venue change I am thinking it will be home on Sunday. I know it is selfish but I wont be able to make any other dates or location.

Havasu1986
10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Just heard on ESPN radio that the game WILL be played on Sun. in San Diego at 1:00. ;)

Baja Big Dog
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Yea...game on!!

Parker Dreamin
10-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Just heard on ESPN radio that the game WILL be played on Sun. in San Diego at 1:00. ;)
hells yes.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d803a0c8b&template=without-video&confirm=true

RitcheyRch
10-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Just heard that as well on KCAL9