PDA

View Full Version : Sox over Rocks in 6.

Old Texan
10-24-2007, 05:31 AM
The 8 days off could kill the Rockies momentum and bring them back to reality. A Bosox sweep is entirley possible if the momentum dies.

snake321
10-24-2007, 06:10 AM
Rockies in 4
I think the layoff had 'em chompin at the bit...

Old Texan
10-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Rockies in 4
I think the layoff had 'em chompin at the bit...
Layoffs are good to rest old players but might lose the momentum for a young team. Gives them to much time to think.:idea:

Magic34
10-24-2007, 04:19 PM
I say it goes all 7 with the Red Sox losing in the final inning because Manny just trots to first and a 5-4-3 triple play is made on his ass.

TUNNEL T
10-24-2007, 04:30 PM
rocks game 6 over caput

snake321
10-24-2007, 04:54 PM
I say it goes all 7 with the Red Sox losing in the final inning because Manny just trots to first and a 5-4-3 triple play is made on his ass.
Is Manny wearing pajamas?

Hardly Satisfied
10-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Redsoxs 3-0 after first inning

Magic34
10-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Is Manny wearing pajamas?
Probably... What's he say? No big deal?

Jordy
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Seems as though the Sox have the Rocks number tonight!!! 9-1 now. :jawdrop: :D

scooooter7
10-24-2007, 06:45 PM
All those runs and they only need a few with their pitcher tonight. Will they need some next game??

INSman
10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
I am no big Red Sox fan, but Beckett looks like MONEY !!

AZJD
10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I think the series might be done 2nite! Fokk that's a lot of runs in 5 innings.:eek:

rocket98
10-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Wow........Sox 12-1 victory........Anyone guess what the over under for the series will be......I say the sox in five games with 43 runs scored

rocket98
10-24-2007, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=ShockwaveBob;2858807]Manny Ramirez is probably the best right handed hitter you'll ever see. Go take a look at where he ranks all time in almost every offensive category and you'll be amazed at how high he is in things like AVG, SLG, OBP, OPS. For only having 13 full seasons in the league, it's amazing where he stacks up all time. He's a different cat that doesn't speak very good English, for sure, but he's the most devastating right handed hitter of our lifetime.[/QUOTE
He looks like a big sail boat going around the bases.

HOOTER SLED-
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
LOL....good call. I'm getting tired of that bitch.

Old Texan
10-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Manny Ramirez is probably the best right handed hitter you'll ever see. Go take a look at where he ranks all time in almost every offensive category and you'll be amazed at how high he is in things like AVG, SLG, OBP, OPS. For only having 13 full seasons in the league, it's amazing where he stacks up all time. He's a different cat that doesn't speak very good English, for sure, but he's the most devastating right handed hitter of our lifetime.
A-Rod does it in the regular season, Manny does for the whole year.
Those that don't understand Manny's work ethic by his appearance, just don't understand.....The numbers prove him out.

snake321
10-25-2007, 04:38 AM
Red sox are used up. Becket can't pitch every day...

Old Texan
10-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Red sox are used up. Becket can't pitch every day...
If Beckett wins 3 games. Boston then has to win 1 out of 4 w/o him. Pretty good odds.
Shilling is better than anything the Rocks have left so he'll get 2 shots of the 4.
Odds are all for Boston.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2007, 06:10 PM
The 8 days off could kill the Rockies momentum and bring them back to reality. A Bosox sweep is entirley possible if the momentum dies.
My call of the series is the same.

Boozer
10-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Considering last nights slaughter the Rockies hekd their own tonight and kept it a close game the whole time. Unfortunately there is no possible way the Rocks can win the series at home now but it's going to be a VERY different ball game when they get back here to Denver.
I'm praying the Rocks pull it off and the series goes all 7. Either way the series is coming to Denver and that's good enough for me and most everyone else here. Not to mention the Rockies are a young team and I see them only getting better with the coming seasons.

Boozer
10-25-2007, 09:39 PM
How can you attract big players when you don't have the finances to afford them? To the best of my knowledge the Rockies have one of the lowest payrolls in MLB. The world series has brought on lots of fans, LOTS of money, and with any luck a much larger budget.
I'm still praying for a change of ownership in the coming years. The recent ticket fiasco proved once more how incapable the ownership and management of the Rockies is when it comes to running a mlb franchise. None the less this is just the begining for the Rockies, esp. if the Broncos continue to dissapoint.
I hate to say this, but the Rockies time is now. They're not better than the D'Backs, nor are they younger. They have worse pitching. A month before the season ended, the Rockies weren't mentioned in the same breath as playoff teams. They had a great run. An historic run. I wouldn't count on this becoming seasonal. They have zero starting pitching, past Jeff Francis, who is very good. They historical have a very hard time attracting quality FA pitching because of that little league park they play in. When you come into a game 2 of a WS and start a kid that has 89 CAREER innings of ML experience, that's a testiment to how little pitching you have. I like Jimenez, I've said on this board that he has filthy, nasty stuf, but that doesn't always translate to wins. See Matt Clement.
I'd be surprised if the Rockies win 80 games next season.

snake321
10-26-2007, 04:14 AM
I hate to say this, but the Rockies time is now. They're not better than the D'Backs, nor are they younger. They have worse pitching. A month before the season ended, the Rockies weren't mentioned in the same breath as playoff teams. They had a great run. An historic run. I wouldn't count on this becoming seasonal. They have zero starting pitching, past Jeff Francis, who is very good. They historical have a very hard time attracting quality FA pitching because of that little league park they play in. When you come into a game 2 of a WS and start a kid that has 89 CAREER innings of ML experience, that's a testiment to how little pitching you have. I like Jimenez, I've said on this board that he has filthy, nasty stuf, but that doesn't always translate to wins. See Matt Clement.
I'd be surprised if the Rockies win 80 games next season.
Jimenez lost the strike zone in the 3rd. and lost total control in the 4th.He was overthrowing and I think the big stage got to him...

Old Texan
10-26-2007, 05:02 AM
Jimenez lost the strike zone in the 3rd. and lost total control in the 4th.He was overthrowing and I think the big stage got to him...
That was pretty much it. They hung around. Boston stranded a lot of base runners and it could have been another blowout. It'll be interesting to see if the Sox bullpen can remain as effective in Denver.
The big question now, is who will Boston sit w/o the DH. Last night's announcers claim Francona is leaning towards sitting Youklis, but I personally feel it would be better to rest Ortiz especialy with the bad knee. Ortiz is a defensive liability no matter where they try to hide him. Offensively it would make some sense to move Drew to center, Youklis to right, and put Big Pappi at 1st. Defensively that would probably cost several runs and be the big mistake.
This is where the strategical problems of the AL really show up and could likely even the series out.

snake321
10-26-2007, 05:40 AM
I think Ortiz will play. Pitching to him and Manny back to back is too much of a threat. The World Series is no time to rest players. Play him 'till his leg falls off......

Old Texan
10-26-2007, 06:35 AM
The only positions he can play are 3rd and 1st. I can't see removing Youkilis or Lowell, defensively or offensively at this point.
Exactly the way I seeit. Francona however is leaning towards the left handed batting Ortiz and sitting Youklis. Youklis is hot and far better defensively so that's where I'd go. Move Drew into the 3 slot and you'd hardly lose a lick at the front of the order.
The bottom end of Boston's order is their weakness offensively. Lugo can hardly get down a good bunt and Crisp's bat has settled on the bench leaving Ellsbury to at least get the ball in play. Now they have to bat the pitcher so essentially you have a potential 0 for the last 3 in your order. Advantage Rocks.

snake321
10-26-2007, 07:07 AM
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071025&content_id=2282454&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos
As much as it sickened me to go to the red sox site, I snuck in long enough to grab the link. Ortiz plays first.

Baja Big Dog
10-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Dam...that P.O.S. makes me want to throw a fricken beer at the TV when he does that throwin his hands in the air thing.:mad:
Its too bad the Angels didnt have more time with his little show, you know Mike would have a few targets painted on his helmet!!!

snake321
10-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Gametime ----I'm takin Rockies...

Jordy
10-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Wow, 6-0 in the 3rd inning already!!! :jawdrop:

snake321
10-27-2007, 05:40 PM
They hit everything Fogg had...

Havasu1986
10-27-2007, 06:48 PM
They hit him so hard, his mom gave up two earned runs.
They hit him so hard his grandkids are going to feel it.

snake321
10-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Rockies comin back....

Havasu1986
10-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Rockies comin back....
And so are the Red Soxs. :mad:

snake321
10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
either the lay off really hurt the Rockies or the National League really sucks....

snake321
10-28-2007, 05:31 AM
Rockies coach replaces Fogg with a guy that strikes out 3 in a row and doesn't bring him back for the next inning. The next pitcher gives it up.
This isn't any kinda time to be saving guys for the next game.

snake321
10-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Herges was sharp. I woulda ran him 'till he got hit. They had momentum at that point.

Old Texan
10-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Herges was sharp. I woulda ran him 'till he got hit. They had momentum at that point.
They lost the momentum waiting 8 days to play. Bosox just have the complete package. Shame to not have a little more competitive series.
The NL down the stretch and now in the series seems alot like NCAA football this fall, nobody can take the next step away from the pack.

Old Texan
10-29-2007, 04:59 AM
Game, sweep, Series......BoSox
Next big event: Sox sign A-Rod to play SS.

Not So Fast
10-29-2007, 07:06 AM
Did'nt watch one game because of my "love " for manny sloppyass ramiriz or whatever:( NSF

Boozer
10-29-2007, 07:37 AM
It's a really sad day here in Denver today. Everyone is down in the dumps this morning and bad moods seem to be abundant. Either way the Rockies were one of the worst teams in MLB and somehow managed to bring the World Series to Denver. Even if we didn't win we made it all the way there and gave it all we could. The Red Sox were just to much for the Rockies to handle.
Hopefully tonight the Broncos will be able to beat down the Packers tonight and everyone will be happy again.

Boozer
10-29-2007, 07:37 AM
It's a really sad day here in Denver today. Everyone is down in the dumps this morning and bad moods seem to be abundant. Either way the Rockies were one of the worst teams in MLB and somehow managed to bring the World Series to Denver. Even if we didn't win we made it all the way there and gave it all we could. The Red Sox were just to much for the Rockies to handle.
Hopefully tonight the Broncos will be able to beat down the Packers tonight and everyone will be happy again.