PDA

View Full Version : Rhino 700 FI

caroftheweek
10-24-2007, 09:33 AM
I just saw a TV ad for the new Rhino 700 FI. What the hell? I thought that wasn't coming for another year or so. Maybe I am just out of the loop or something. Anyone have one ordered?

Ivan Dan
10-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I just saw a TV ad for the new Rhino 700 FI. What the hell? I thought that wasn't coming for another year or so. Maybe I am just out of the loop or something. Anyone have one ordered?
I think its actually a 686cc with EFI. Doesn't seem like a large enough difference for most people to make a change. Now, if it was an 800EFI than that might be a little different.

pw_Tony
10-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I think its actually a 686cc with EFI. Doesn't seem like a large enough difference for most people to make a change. Now, if it was an 800EFI than that might be a little different.
From the 660 Raptor to the 700(686) was a world of a difference!
Went to a four valve head, instead of five. Alot more torque at lower RPM, hopefully the Rhino feels the same.
Oh yah IvanDan, I had seen your thread on race-dezert got deleted like mine :( :D

riverracerx
10-24-2007, 10:52 AM
New for 2008:
* All-new 686cc engine puts out plenty of broadband power. New four-valve head with 9.2:1 compression bumps power and efficiency.
* Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts.
* New injection-molded sun top and front/rear overfenders.
* Tough, blow-molded doors keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong.
* Cool, comfortable sport-style steering wheel and new passenger grab handles.
* Now with two cup holders for even greater creature comfort.
* New underhood tool-free air filter is a snap to service.
* CV joint protectors for long, trouble-free life.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/accessories/500/ssv-5b405-01-l1-500.jpg
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/accessories/500/ssv-5b405-01-r1-ou-500.jpg
$895.00 for new plastic
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/content/images/600/08rhino700_se2_4_lores_bfee5cb0.jpg
New Midnight Armor version
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/content/images/600/08rhino700_se2_7_8cfa9dd3.jpg

pw_Tony
10-24-2007, 10:57 AM
They still didn't make it any wider though :(

caroftheweek
10-24-2007, 11:19 AM
True, but as pw Tony said, that 686 runs a whole lot better than the 660. I had a 700 raptor and that thing was mean.
I mainly just want the fuel injection. Now living at altitude, carb adjustments suck.
I would buy the Kawi if it was fuel injected. We have a quad with that v-twin in it and that engine is bad ass.

TOBTEK
10-24-2007, 11:28 AM
they received four wheel disc brakes this yr also right?? thought I read that as well. The EFI will be a huge bonus, from the cold blooded starting issues, to take it any where without carb adjustments. BUT even with all that... I want to check out the new Kawasaki.

PinkTaco
10-24-2007, 11:50 AM
True, but as pw Tony said, that 686 runs a whole lot better than the 660. I had a 700 raptor and that thing was mean.
I mainly just want the fuel injection. Now living at altitude, carb adjustments suck.
I would buy the Kawi if it was fuel injected. We have a quad with that v-twin in it and that engine is bad ass.
The engines in both the 660 and 700 Rhinos are out of the Grizzly not the Raptor. They're tuned a bit different.
Having said that, the 700FI is well worth it and quite a bit quieter.
Now go buy one! :D

caroftheweek
10-24-2007, 12:22 PM
The engines in both the 660 and 700 Rhinos are out of the Grizzly not the Raptor. They're tuned a bit different.
I was using the raptors as comparison. You are right, the 700 is out of the griz.

caroftheweek
10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Do you want a nice '06? I will deliver...for free:D :D

PinkTaco
10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Do you want a nice '06? I will deliver...for free:D :D
I'll take it on trade for an '08 :D

COLE050
10-24-2007, 01:54 PM
We Just Got Our 08 From A Friend That Owns A Dealership And Ill Tell You What I Still Have Our 07 And Other That A Couple Of Things I Cant Tell A Difference Between The Both Other Than A Couple Of Miles An Hour, And A Bigger E-brake Handle

djunkie
10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
We Just Got Our 08 From A Friend That Owns A Dealership And Ill Tell You What I Still Have Our 07 And Other That A Couple Of Things I Cant Tell A Difference Between The Both Other Than A Couple Of Miles An Hour, And A Bigger E-brake Handle
This is what I heard also. Supposedly the bigger EFI motor really isn't any faster or more powerful. The ease of starting is nice though. My '06 can sometimes be a pain to start if its been sitting a while.

caroftheweek
10-24-2007, 02:20 PM
I'll take it on trade for an '08 :D
Do you work for a dealer around here or something?

boatnam2
10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
What makes it really tough to tell the difference is the 40 07's you have to walk around to see an 08.

riverracerx
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Are dealers still loaded up on '07's? Maybe that is the way to go.

ChumpChange
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I was hoping the 08s would be much better, that way I'd be able to get a deal off a baller who is upgrading. :mad: :D

PinkTaco
10-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Do you work for a dealer around here or something?
Yes. Outdoor Sports. We should have our 08's shortly. Have 4 deposits currently. Still have some 07's on hand as well...

pw_Tony
10-24-2007, 02:55 PM
I thought the difference between the grizzly 660 and 700, along with the raptors would show the Rhino huge improvement as well...... oh well :confused:

djunkie
10-24-2007, 03:01 PM
I thought the difference between the grizzly 660 and 700, along with the raptors would show the Rhino huge improvement as well...... oh well :confused:
Apparently not in this case. Although this is second hand info on my part since I haven't driven one yet.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
:D nice

BOBALOO
10-24-2007, 03:14 PM
It's good to see some Rhino threads again instead of the wonderful bickering.:D
I have the Raptor 700 (wifes) and that thing has gobs of power. Do they use the Grizzly engine b/c it has 4wd already? I would think the Rappy would be better.
It would be interesting for Arctic Cat to put the new 1000 (really 950cc) engine from their Thunder Cat quad into the Arctic Cat. They put it in a quad so why not in a sxs.

WTMFA
10-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Does your V-twin Kawi quad have EFI?

caroftheweek
10-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Does your V-twin Kawi quad have EFI?
no it doesn't. The newer ones do, I believe. It is in the spam section right now. The v-twin is so smooth and has a ton of power. I really want to drive the new kawi with this motor in it.
Spam ad:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167589

WTMFA
10-24-2007, 03:50 PM
To me a V-twin with efi in a sideXside would be the sheeet!!!!!!!
I like single cylinder thumper motors in dirtbikes but for a sideXside I think twin piston (whether inline or V) engines are the way to go IMO :D

sigepmock
10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I've got buddies at Corp. Yamaha that got to run the 660 side by side with the 700EFI and said the same thing.....not much difference. The air filter relocated to the hood area with the longer "snorkel" to get there may be some of the issue. The EFI is also pretty mild, so they think there will be some room for more power with a shorter intake and some tuning. They also got to play with the new Kawi and were really impressed although the Kawi release date got bumped back as soon as Yamaha went EFI on the Rhino. Rumor is Kawi went back to add the EFI to the Twin.
I too have always thought the torque of the twin would be the hot set-up in a side by side. Looking forward to seeing what Kawi brings to the table.
I still like the idea of a Rotax motor powered Rhino with a snowmobile clutch. Not sure the drivetrains could handle the power but it would be fun.:D
Just my $.02,
Chris

RiverRatMike
10-24-2007, 04:41 PM
I was hoping the 08s would be much better, that way I'd be able to get a deal off a baller who is upgrading. :mad: :D
they don't need to be any better cause they already are!

Ivan Dan
10-24-2007, 04:41 PM
I've got buddies at Corp. Yamaha that got to run the 660 side by side with the 700EFI and said the same thing.....not much difference. The air filter relocated to the hood area with the longer "snorkel" to get there may be some of the issue. The EFI is also pretty mild, so they think there will be some room for more power with a shorter intake and some tuning. They also got to play with the new Kawi and were really impressed although the Kawi release date got bumped back as soon as Yamaha went EFI on the Rhino. Rumor is Kawi went back to add the EFI to the Twin.
I too have always thought the torque of the twin would be the hot set-up in a side by side. Looking forward to seeing what Kawi brings to the table.
I still like the idea of a Rotax motor powered Rhino with a snowmobile clutch. Not sure the drivetrains could handle the power but it would be fun.:D
Just my $.02,
Chris
Check out the vids I just put up :D

sigepmock
10-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Check out the vids I just put up :D
Saw them. Also saw some vids of that same Rhino running the sand drags at Gordon's well......DAMN that thing is fast!!!! If I get the time, $$$$, and a blown motor in ours I'll stuff a snowmobile or Wave Runner motor in ours:D
I mean Carrie's Rhino:D :D

EAZYKILLER2006
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
They still didn't make it any wider though :(
damn it!
just loose some weight...
just kidding
i will throw the spoon away
no more stirring
i promise:D

caroftheweek
10-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Rumor is Kawi went back to add the EFI to the Twin.
Chris
If that were the case, I would be all over it.
I just spoke to the manager of a local (the only one in town) dealer and I asked him about EFI and he said that 2008 would have it. Not that that means anything.
Moral of the story...EFI V-twin would be the way to go and I would be an owner.:D

Insurance God
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM
If that were the case, I would be all over it.
I just spoke to the manager of a local (the only one in town) dealer and I asked him about EFI and he said that 2008 would have it. Not that that means anything.
Moral of the story...EFI V-twin would be the way to go and I would be an owner.:D
This is true. A buddy of mine works for corporate. He said they had the carb version ready to go & that is what they went with. They are already over sold. 2008 will have the EFI and will be even better. For people that want to do engine mods, the carb version will be great.

caroftheweek
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
This is true. A buddy of mine works for corporate. He said they had the carb version ready to go & that is what they went with. They are already over sold. 2008 will have the EFI and will be even better. For people that want to do engine mods, the carb version will be great.
I will wait another year then. Thanks for the info.