PDA

View Full Version : I got a call from the Secret Service today.

thumbs
10-24-2007, 03:31 PM
A Special Agent from the Secret Service called asking for information about one of my employees that worked for me about 6 years ago. They said he is a "person of very high interest". They want to met with me later this week at my office.
What the hell kind of person did I have working for me that is now wanted by the SS?
This should be interesting.

W.O.T
10-24-2007, 03:34 PM
wow...could be a terrorist or has some ties with something. let us know if you can

Havasu_Dreamin
10-24-2007, 03:36 PM
It's either a financial related crime or a threat to the President or some other high ranking governemnt official...

2Driver
10-24-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm guessing they wouldn't be happy with you posting this in a public forum:idea: IMO

DeltaSigBoater
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Its possible he might have applied for a job with the Department of the Treasury, that requires a high level of security clearance. :idea:

Racey
10-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Counterfeiting? Identity Theft? :idea: these are all under SS jurisdiction among other things.

PaPaG
10-24-2007, 03:43 PM
A Special Agent from the Secret Service called asking for information about one of my employees that worked for me about 6 years ago. They said he is a "person of very high interest". They want to met with me later this week at my office.
What the hell kind of person did I have working for me that is now wanted by the SS?
A word to the wise, I would not be posting any info on this unless you find out that their inquiry is public knowledge, S.Service along with NSA does not like thier interviews being broadcasted over public forums. Take it for what its worth.

YeLLowBoaT
SS does not deal with terroists,
It could only be one of three things:
1 he is appling to be one.
2 he is going to be around some one they are protecting.
3 counterfiting/ telecom finance investagation.
by there charter they only protect very high end officals and thier familys( current and former press, vp, foreign heads of state, high profile counter canadents with in 120 days of the election and minor some very select national events selected by the Sec of home land secerity)

thumbs
I'm guessing they wouldn't be happy with you posting this in a public forum:idea: IMO
Why would that be? Did I give up any information on this public forum that might hinder them finding this guy? I think not. Would I? Nope.

Hustler
10-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Maybe they really just want you:eek: :D

Pete454
10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Its possible he might have applied for a job with the Department of the Treasury, that requires a high level of security clearance. :idea:
Back ground checks are done by the FBI, and they go back quite away's.....

phebus
10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Maybe they really just want you:eek: :D
Yep, it's a sting to get to "Mr. Big". :D

thatguy
10-24-2007, 04:41 PM
If it has been six years, I would think background.
OR, closest relatives maybe?
SS deals mostly in protection, I believe. High interest would seem that they are putting together profile from background, for whatever reason.
Tommy
PS- ***boaters will solve it before the interview, no worries. :D
But, those guys DO take that secret part very serious.

MADDOG355
10-24-2007, 04:50 PM
I think he tried to by a car from H20MOFO :idea:

ratso
10-24-2007, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't worry about them. Most of the ones I've met (living near Crawford) are pieces of shit anyways.

C-2
10-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Wanna see their heads spin - have a tape recorder handy and tell them you will be recording the interview :eek: :eek:

topless
10-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Wanna see their heads spin - have a tape recorder handy and tell them you will be recording the interview :eek: :eek:LMAO!!!! That should be fun.

Miss Perfect
10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
I had the exact same thing a couple of months ago. They called me and asked about a former tenant. They called me at work and wanted to see me in person. They were at my job within 20 minutes. I was crapping my pants thinking this guy did something really bad. They told me that he was just applying for a job with a high security clearance. They asked me all kinds of crazy questions.... if I thought he was a terrorist, if I thought he knew how to make a bomb, if I thought he was plotting against the U.S.

NashvilleBound
10-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Why would that be? Did I give up any information on this public forum that might hinder them finding this guy? I think not. Would I? Nope.
NOOOOOOO, nevvvvvverrrrrr. Not with a Avatar signature like that! Nope, never.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Jbb
10-24-2007, 05:47 PM
My neighbor became a Secret Service Agent.....before they hired him....an agent came to my house, and sat in my living room asking for dirt on him...for an hour......and he went to every house on the block....He was hired...a year after he was hired, they came back....to see if I remembered anything about him, that I may have forgotten during our first meeting..
They are pretty thorough....:D

thumbs
10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
I set-up a couple spots lights, a stool and video recorder in my office. I'll let you know how it goes..........

SmokinLowriderSS
10-24-2007, 06:23 PM
My guess is counterfeiting.
You do know that SS is a part of the TREASURY Dept, right?
IMO almost anything else serious would involve FBI, not SS, unless he was moron enough to make an anti-presidential physical threat.

Jordy
10-24-2007, 06:29 PM
They asked me all kinds of crazy questions.... if I thought he was a terrorist, if I thought he knew how to make a bomb, if I thought he was plotting against the U.S.
Did you tell them how he looked in his Darth Vader outfit and how good he was with his <ahem> light saber??? :idea: :D

SmokinLowriderSS
10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Back ground checks are done by the FBI, and they go back quite away's.....
Yes they do. They also seem to find things that have been "expunged" too, which is why you tell them EVERYTHING, including things you THINK might not show up.
The people who want those clearances would rather find out something stupid you did at age 15, from YOU, 15 years ago, and be unable to find the reccord, than to find the reccord after you said "That's all there is", and you left this out.
You explaining it first is much better than trying to explain it later.
Seen an A.F. basic trainee thrown out on his arse for an "expunged" DUI citation, from 4 years earlier, at age 15, which he THOUGHT had been erased, so he didn't rat on himself.

INSman
10-24-2007, 07:12 PM
If you only knew what you didn't know :idea: :idea: :D

Panic Button
10-25-2007, 02:31 AM
The SS fall under the Department of Homeland Security, which has a broad group of agencies (TSA/INS/Cusoms + a ton more). If there isn't a field agent from FBI/OPM then the SS does the field interviews. Most likely it's for a top secret/SCI clearance.

RitcheyRch
10-25-2007, 04:25 AM
Thats what I am thinking as well. I think thats who contacted friends for my clearance.
The SS fall under the Department of Homeland Security, which has a broad group of agencies (TSA/INS/Cusoms + a ton more). If there isn't a field agent from FBI/OPM then the SS does the field interviews. Most likely it's for a top secret/SCI clearance.

Miss Perfect
10-25-2007, 05:02 AM
Did you tell them how he looked in his Darth Vader outfit and how good he was with his <ahem> light saber??? :idea: :D
NO! but I did tell them how well he could use the force :devil:

OCMerrill
10-25-2007, 05:04 AM
All I can say is this is not such a secret any longer.:D

scarabrick2
10-25-2007, 05:17 AM
Buddy of mine is in the SS out here in Vegas. Great guy. Does a lot of internet things to a high level. drives a cool blacked out ford and doesn't have a attitude.
I really would not worry to much however, I wouldn't post anything anymore as I'm going to tell..:D :D :D
name withheld:)

Racey
10-25-2007, 06:38 AM
I set-up a couple spots lights, a stool and video recorder in my office. I'll let you know how it goes..........
Yeah put em under the french fry lights! :D

hkunz
10-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Sounds like a background check. Several, er, decades ago, my small home town was all abuzz when an army (thier description) of agents came in and talked to every single one of my high school and junior high teachers, my scoutmaster, my parish priest, parents of the girls I dated, and every customer I delivered fertilizer to. All hush hush, but in a town of 800 people, things aren't secret long.

Baja Big Dog
10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
An interview with you is for security clearance, if it were important, and an issue of national concern they would have been to your house, shop, place of business etc within hours of finding you. And a very high chance they would not call for an appointment.
And yes, joke about it if you like, they could in some cases be somewhat upset with your innocent posting on an intrastate source about there desire to speak to you!!
Bear in mind, these guys are NOT your average crime reporting police officer..
As stated before, DO NOT hold back any information you have on this guy, good or bad, (they will want to know the good as well as the bad, but most notes they take will be about the bad!!

Big Warlock
10-25-2007, 08:40 AM
You didn't give them info over the phone? I think I would wait for the "meeting" and then check thier ID before releasing any info. Just my .02 cents. :eek:

Jordy
10-25-2007, 08:43 AM
And yes, joke about it if you like, they could in some cases be somewhat upset with your innocent posting on an intrastate source about there desire to speak to you!!!
I think ***boat Forums might be a little more widespread than just Cali. I'd dare to call it international. ;)

racecar.hotshoe
10-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I think ***boat Forums might be a little more widespread than just Cali. I'd dare to call it international. ;)
I dont know about ***boat but what about these?
http://dailyramblings.com/blog/images/shocker.jpg

SB
10-25-2007, 09:17 AM
LMAO.

SB
10-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Odd this thread was started by thumbs, yet racecar posted a pic with no thumb.
Attn: Thumbs, you violated USC 3 Section 1.1416. Please report to the detention center immediately!

thumbs
10-25-2007, 10:26 AM
No thumb:jawdrop:

thumbs
11-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Well I met with the agent today. One of my ex-employess is part of a check fraud ring that has stolen over 1 million dollars. Apparently he is one of the rings recruiters. So far the have arrested 16 of the small fish and are working their way to the top as the guys drop a dime on each other.
Friggen thieves.:mad:

R.A.D.man
11-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Oh Crap, are you my old operations manager. I'm outta hear.
Thanks for the heads up, I'm going underground.
I owe you one buddy.
:D

thumbs
11-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Oh Crap, are you my old operations manager. I'm outta hear.
Thanks for the heads up, I'm going underground.
I owe you one buddy.
:D
What are you a Junior PI or something? Clever.

R.A.D.man
11-02-2007, 11:52 AM
What are you a Junior PI or something? Clever.
Just an underling to those super sleuths on the board.

thumbs
11-02-2007, 11:55 AM
The Secret Service, no matter how "secret" it sounds, cannot preclude you from telling whomever you'd like about whatever you'd like. You're not in their employ and, to the best of my knowledge, a judge never issued you an order to keep your yap shut. This is America people, start acting like Americans.
Pretty much what I though. They are not going to tell me anything that they don't want me to repeat. I'm the one that had the information that they were looking for not the other way around. Before they came to my office all they had was a fisrt name and place of emplyeement. Now they have SS #, home address, CDL # and contacts from his resume and application.

Racey
11-02-2007, 01:36 PM
The Secret Service, no matter how "secret" it sounds, cannot preclude you from telling whomever you'd like about whatever you'd like. You're not in their employ and, to the best of my knowledge, a judge never issued you an order to keep your yap shut. This is America people, start acting like Americans.
Amen brother!!

talkinghead
11-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Just b/c the FBI or whatever agency is asking you questions about someone, does not mean they are guilty of anything.
That's what scares me about the average person in this country which make up juries - lack of objectivity and logic among others.