PDA

View Full Version : Arrsonist shot and killed??

Miss Perfect
10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Did anyone else hear this? I was making dinner and not paying attention, but I thought I heard them say on the news that firemen came upon a guy trying to start another fire in California and they shot and killed him??? Are Firemen carrying guns now? If it's true......focking right on! :D

thatguy
10-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Did anyone else hear this? I was making dinner and not paying attention, but I thought I heard them say on the news that firemen came upon a guy trying to start another fire in California and they shot and killed him??? Are Firemen carrying guns now? If it's true......focking right on! :D
San Bernadino PD. I think he was "acting suspicious". Did not actually have a match in his hand but eluded and rammed them.
Tommy

Boatcop
10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Police kill arson suspect in San Bernardino; another arrested
The Los Angeles Times reports that campus police in San Bernardino shot and killed one arson suspect last night, and that a suspect in a different arson was arrested. It's not known whether either may have started any of the wildfires that have destroyed 1,500 homes and displaced more than 800,000 people.
The paper says Cal State San Bernardino police spotted a man in a rural area of flood channels and scrub near the campus yesterday about 6 p.m. The man tried to flee in his pickup and was shot when he began ramming the officers' vehicle. The suspect was described as being 27 years old with an Arizona home address. Police said his identity and other information will be released tomorrow.
Separately, John Alfred Rund, 48, of Hesperia is being held on $750,000 bail on suspicion of arson and is to appear in court tomorrow in Victorville. A motorist reported seeing him start a fire along Highway 173, below Lake Arrowhead. It was extinguished quickly. Police say he has not been connected with the bigger blaze around Lake Arrowhead.
At least two wildfires, one in Orange County and the other in Temecula, were started by arsonists, authorities say. The FBI is investigating.

Ultracrazy
10-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Fireman carrying guns? Pffffftttt :D

carreraelite
10-24-2007, 07:00 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-fire25oct25,0,6254607.story?coll=la-home-center

phebus
10-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Go ahead, make my day...................:D

Miss Perfect
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
That's why I was questioning the story... I knew that could not be right! AT any rate, I am glad someone shot the arsonist!

HemiDude
10-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Ouch! :sqeyes:

smokinjoe
10-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Fireman carrying a gun ? wouldnt that be a water pistol?

ol guy
10-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Arsonist shot, what a shame it was a bullitt and not gas gun with a match to follow. Opps eye for an eye poping up again.

hkunz
10-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Cheaper than a trial, and no bleeding heart whackos trying to defend him because he got burned on the stove when he was little.

finsfan4life
10-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Arsonist shot, what a shame it was a bullitt and not gas gun with a match to follow. Opps eye for an eye poping up again.
Arson investigators do carry guns do to the fact they carry out the Law enforcement side of a fire investigation.......fyi

ol guy
10-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey, I got a great idea! As tax payers lets let him go to trail and we can all spend another few thousand dollars in taxes. Or Burn the bastard! Anyone want to put this to a vote?? I'm all ears.

Kachina26
10-24-2007, 10:15 PM
[B] The suspect was described as being 27 years old with an Arizona home address. Damned Arizonans! We need to ship 'em back to where they came from!!!

Ultracrazy
10-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Go ahead, make my day...................:D
Blow me pontoon boy..........:D
Hey...will be in town on the 10th of November till the 13th.......drinks??

Ultracrazy
10-24-2007, 10:30 PM
That's why I was questioning the story... I knew that could not be right! AT any rate, I am glad someone shot the arsonist!
Just messing with the fireboys..........:D

LOWRIVER2
10-25-2007, 12:48 AM
LAFD are issued our vests for riots, er, civil unrest, sorry, PC slip.
We had an engine co. confronted by a machete wielding nut job back in the early 90's while at the scene of a fire in the city. The suspect came at the crew and one of the engineers swung the hydrant wrench at him and implanted it into the idiot's skull. Threat neutralized, no issues/follow up.

Jbb
10-25-2007, 02:08 AM
Threat neutralized, no issues/follow up.
:D :D :D

phebus
10-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Hey...will be in town on the 10th of November till the 13th.......drinks??
Sounds great, I will PM you my number.

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Fireman carrying a gun ? wouldnt that be a water pistol?
LOL!! Classic.....:p

BadKachina
10-25-2007, 06:26 AM
I had been wondering how all these fires started but I don't regularly watch the news. Are they all arson related????? Is this some kind of new terrorism?? WTF is wrong with people. :confused:
I hadn't really thought about it but I figured it just started naturally, we have some every year in AZ. usually started by lightning.

BadKachina
10-25-2007, 06:31 AM
Sounds great, I will PM you my number.
Did I miss something here?????:jawdrop: :D

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Did I miss something here?????:jawdrop: :D
Seems as though Phebus will be giving mustache rides to the fellas by appointment only.

OnlyMoney
10-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Arrsonist
The pirate in you is coming out MP. :D :D :D :D

Miss Perfect
10-25-2007, 08:10 AM
The pirate in you is coming out MP. :D :D :D :D
Yeah, I saw that I spelled it wrong last night, but it would not let me go back and fix the title. I'm stooooopid, what can I say? :D

OnlyMoney
10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah, I saw that I spelled it wrong last night, but it would not let me go back and fix the title. I'm stooooopid, what can I say? :D
Your stooooopid??? :D :D :D
ISL lets us change them. :idea: