PDA

View Full Version : ??'s About Dana Boats

OverKill
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey Peeps I would like to know if anyone of you have a Dana Boat. How do they run, and are they worth the price they are asking for there 20' jet boat. They want $42,900 for the basic 20' jet boat.
Thanks
OverKill

beaverretriever
10-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Look nice for the price. I have never heard anything bad.
Here is a thread I started asking about them. Good luck.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162675&highlight=dana

3 daytona`s
10-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey Peeps I would like to know if anyone of you have a Dana Boat. How do they run, and are they worth the price they are asking for there 20' jet boat. They want $42,900 for the basic 20' jet boat.
Thanks
OverKill
$42,000.00 for a basic JET:idea:

INSman
10-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Can't comment on that specific model, but my last boat was a 23' Dana open bow that we absolutely loved and had nothing but great times in that boat.
Good guys, good boats .....

Mandelon
10-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Supposed to be well built, and a good value. Never heard anything negative.
Non stepped hulls. I was thinking about the 23 before I bought my Lavey.
The used market is really good for buying used now......lots of amazing deals, you should shop around.

TCHB
10-24-2007, 07:13 PM
A friend has a 23 and also loves it. It is pretty quick with a stock 496 it runs at 70 MPH.

Mrs.Racer277
10-24-2007, 07:14 PM
You need to talk to Atomickitn

work2play
10-25-2007, 07:01 AM
I have a 23 dana. We have enjoyed it so much that our friends just bought a 23 dana. You will not find better people to work with anywhere. Buy the 20 and you'll be happy.

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Check the spam section and the classifieds on this site first...you can do a LOT better for less money on here, than 43 grand for a BASIC jet....sheesh...good luck....

INSman
10-25-2007, 07:10 AM
A friend has a 23 and also loves it. It is pretty quick with a stock 496 it runs at 70 MPH.
Roger that, mine ran right about 73 with an HO

Jordy
10-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Check the spam section and the classifieds on this site first...you can do a LOT better for less money on here, than 43 grand for a BASIC jet....sheesh...good luck....
Yeah, he could spend $80K and get an old i/o Hallett Vector, right??? :idea: :D

BadKachina
10-25-2007, 07:11 AM
Yeah, he could spend $80K and get an old Hallett Vector, right??? :idea: :D
How did I know that was coming.:idea: :)
Why not buy a 21 Daytona? They hold their value better than just about any jet on the market.

superdave013
10-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Hack Job has one of those jets and he really likes it. It is a nice boat from what I can tell.

OGShocker
10-25-2007, 07:22 AM
I own a 27' Dana. Dana's "BASIC" boat has a lot of bells and whistles other manufacturers charge big dollars for.
My opinion is, you won't find a better built boat for the money. With that said. Never buy a boat before YOU DRIVE it.

Jordy
10-25-2007, 07:28 AM
How did I know that was coming.:idea: :)
When you float something that slow across the middle of the plate, someone is bound to swing at it... :D :D :D

superdave013
10-25-2007, 07:37 AM
maybe he wants a new boat. If so who makes a 20 ~ 21' boat with any type of drive for less then that? You know, I'm talking about one with out sticker graphics, nice interior and a bitchin tandom trailer??

INSman
10-25-2007, 08:03 AM
I own a 27' Dana. Dana's "BASIC" boat has a lot of bells and whistles other manufacturers charge big dollars for.
My opinion is, you won't find a better built boat for the money. With that said. Never buy a boat before YOU DRIVE it.
Can I get a "Hell ya" ?!? :D

MBlaster
10-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks
OverKill
Can't be that much better than my 20.6 Elite.
I'll sell it for 12K and you'll be money ahead.:D

ChumpChange
10-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Sat in that boat many times. Have considered buying one for the lower river. I like all the storage and the overall design of the boat. Dana makes a great product and they've stood behind mine since purchase. Rhett is a great guy to deal with, I stop in there all the time just to see the new product thats coming out.

MayDaze
10-25-2007, 03:51 PM
You should definitely take a look at the 21' jet boats at Shockwave. A couple of my friends own 21' Shockwave's and have nothing but good things to say about them.

HM
10-25-2007, 04:10 PM
I hear that is a good boat and that is a good price.
Just for reference on price point, Donahue Custom Marine has a really nice 21 Jet Boat. I bet he would be in the same price range as the Dana. He has one for sale described as a family ski boat bow rider and 6.2 with a bravo 1 drive for $48K....would probably be a little less with a jet. He has one setup with a jet, but it has an 8 hundy HP engine in it listed at $65,000 and fully loaded.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/OP6C11_003.JPG

Riverbass
10-25-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't know about the 21' but we have a 1988 19' dana and we love it. But what they are asking for a new one that is to much. Buy a used one.

rodnjen
10-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I would look closely at the construction of any boat. How is it layed up, what kind and how many stringers, etc. They will almost all do the job but if you plan on keeping it for many years take your time and do your homework.

NOTALENT
10-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I have seen the rigging that Bobby (Atomickitten) has done on some of those Danas and it is superb! They definitely put time into seeing everything goes together they way it should. The whole crew over @ Dana boats are very cool and will help there customers any way they can. Even if you dont own a Dana :D

DeltaSigBoater
10-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I've always liked the Shockwave 21 LS, but since the debut of DCM, Iā€™m leaning more towards DCM. I do believe the Dana SW 20ā€™ is a splash of the Southwind 20ā€™ Day Cruiser.
Nothing bad to say about any of them!
Now if I can only find the Campbell molds :idea:

INSman
10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
You should definitely take a look at the 21' jet boats at Shockwave. A couple of my friends own 21' Shockwave's and have nothing but good things to say about them.
I like my Shockwave too, but this guy was only asking about a "DANA" :messedup:

CMATT21
10-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I meet atomicdiken at the sandbar one day. Told him I had a Laveycraft (after he asked what I had). He said" there a piece of s**t" I said " Nice to meet you" Seems he rigs for Dana and had nothing but good things to say about all the excellent work he does over there. Must be a great boat.

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 04:55 PM
When you float something that slow across the middle of the plate, someone is bound to swing at it... :D :D :D
'Cept for one thing Jordy old boy...you forgot mine is not for sale anymore...off the market...we just had too much fun with it this summer....swing and a miss bro...:eek:

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 04:59 PM
maybe he wants a new boat. If so who makes a 20 ~ 21' boat with any type of drive for less then that? You know, I'm talking about one with out sticker graphics, nice interior and a bitchin tandom trailer??
Umm.....click here...this is by far the nicst boat for the size, aside from a schiada, I have found....he would be a fool to go buy a new one, if this is still up for grabs..and he would save 4-5 grand.....this boat is far nicer than mine....I hope he calls him...
(wonder if he would consider a straight trade across the board????:idea: )
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163845&highlight=vector

Jordy
10-25-2007, 08:04 PM
'Cept for one thing Jordy old boy...you forgot mine is not for sale anymore...off the market...we just had too much fun with it this summer....swing and a miss bro...:eek:
I really do hope that you're not as dumb as you post... :notam:
I didn't forget shit. Your stupid fukking post for your $60K dream is still in the SPAM section:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161297
Click that link dumbass... I'm really not sure if that ball has landed yet. :notam:
OUT OF THE PARK!!! More than a pitbull with a piece of steak off a grill. :D

Jordy
10-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey batter batter.... SCHWING batta!!! :D :D :D

Nord
10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
If your going to spend that kind of money, I would check out Badblown572 here on the boards. The DCM is sick!!! It comes in a jet and the power train is really nice :) The wiring under the dash is unreal:) Seriously, I would check out one and compare.

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 08:53 PM
I really do hope that you're not as dumb as you post... :notam:
I didn't forget shit. Your stupid fukking post for your $60K dream is still in the SPAM section:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161297
Click that link dumbass... I'm really not sure if that ball has landed yet. :notam:
OUT OF THE PARK!!! More than a pitbull with a piece of steak off a grill. :D
Nopers, still swing and a miss dumazz....read the last post....;)

Jordy
10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Nopers, still swing and a miss dumazz....read the last post....;)
Read the first post stupid. That's all I need to reference your dumbass reply. I don't care if the boat is for sale or not. The fact that you want $60K for that old ass boat in the first post validates my reply. And the ball still hasn't landed yet. Nobody is going to click on that link and really read though X number of pages of you defending your bullshit. Jordy wins. :)

OGShocker
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I meet atomicdiken at the sandbar one day. Told him I had a Laveycraft (after he asked what I had). He said" there a piece of s**t" I said " Nice to meet you" Seems he rigs for Dana and had nothing but good things to say about all the excellent work he does over there. Must be a great boat.
I am calling Bull Shit on this one. I know Bobby well enough to be able to call it. He might call you a POS, but never your boat.
Now put down your keyboard and pick up a book. :idea:

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Read the first post stupid. That's all I need to reference your dumbass reply. I don't care if the boat is for sale or not. The fact that you want $60K for that old ass boat in the first post validates my reply. And the ball still hasn't landed yet. Nobody is going to click on that link and really read though X number of pages of you defending your bullshit. Jordy wins. :)
I don't want anything for it right now, it's not for sale. period. And it's a old ass boat that hauls ass...post your pic of your boat Jordy.....tired of you guys dissing my boat, even if I went a bit over on the price, it's a bunch of fun for us...so get over it...

Jordy
10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
I am calling Bull Shit on this one. I know Bobby well enough to be able to call it. He might call you a POS, but never your boat.
I'm not buying that one either. That's not anything that Bobby would say or do... :notam:

OGShocker
10-25-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't want anything for it right now, it's not for sale. period. And it's a old ass boat that hauls ass...post your pic of your boat Jordy.....tired of you guys dissing my boat, even if I went a bit over on the price, it's a bunch of fun for us...so get over it...
Give it up....

Jordy
10-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Give it up....
He will... for $60K. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! :D :D :D
I mean it's not for sale. $60K wouldn't pry that old ass boat out of his hands.... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! :D :D :D
Man, I'm cracking myself up tonight!!!
Wait, he doesn't want anything for it right now??? :idea:
Now we're closer to what it's really worth. :D

INSman
10-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Now put down your keyboard and pick up a book. :idea:
I am calling "Double" bullshit..... Go pound sand focktard

OGShocker
10-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I am calling "Double" bullshit..... Go pound sand focktard
You talking to me?
:D

Jordy
10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
You talking to me?
Well, I'm the only one here, you must be talking to me....
and my 1965 $60K boat. :D :D :D

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 09:58 PM
He will... for $60K. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! :D :D :D
I mean it's not for sale. $60K wouldn't pry that old ass boat out of his hands.... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! :D :D :D
Man, I'm cracking myself up tonight!!!
Wait, he doesn't want anything for it right now??? :idea:
Now we're closer to what it's really worth. :D
Funny Jordy, I still don't see a pic of your boat..man up and post one up....

INSman
10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
You talking to me?
Only if you're lucky !! :)
You feel lucky punk, well do ya' ?!? :eek: ;)

Jordy
10-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Funny Jordy, I still don't see a pic of your boat..man up and post one up....
Well, I've got a 19' jet right now while I'm shopping 38' Cigarettes. I figure it must be worth at least $90K based upon your bullshit and the stuff that appears on Craigslist. The rigging is much nicer and it would hand your I/O it's ass. :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41963&stc=1&d=1193378479

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, I've got a 19' jet right now while I'm shopping 38' Cigarettes. I figure it must be worth at least $90K based upon your bullshit and the stuff that appears on Craigslist. The rigging is much nicer and it would hand your I/O it's ass. :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41963&stc=1&d=1193378479
That things older than mine..that yellow gelcoat is so...soo....70's....sheesh...go ahead and dis mine all ya want, considering the source, it's no big deal....keep your piss yellow squirtboat..I like mine better....

Jordy
10-25-2007, 10:09 PM
That things older than mine..that yellow gelcoat is so...soo....70's....sheesh...go ahead and dis mine all ya want, considering the source, it's no big deal....keep your piss yellow squirtboat..I like mine better....
Whatever you say chief. I know your reading comprehension is lacking. That boat would mop up the lake with your $60K Pension boat, and is going away this weekend. I'm sure I'll see your miracle boat out in Catalina next summer because if you can't have the Good Lord MIRACLE the $60K into your checking account to sell it, I'm sure that he's going to MIRACLE it's old ass out to Catalina. :D :D :D
Full of pitbulls I'm sure. :)
p.s. I get to captain quite a few boats that are much bigger than that. That's my backup boat. Some might call it a tender. ;)

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Whatever you say chief. I know your reading comprehension is lacking. That boat would mop up the lake with your $60K Pension boat, and is going away this weekend. I'm sure I'll see your miracle boat out in Catalina next summer because if you can't have the Good Lord MIRACLE the $60K into your checking account to sell it, I'm sure that he's going to MIRACLE it's old ass out to Catalina. :D :D :D
Full of pitbulls I'm sure. :)
p.s. I get to captain quite a few boats that are much bigger than that. That's my backup boat. Some might call it a tender. ;)
What Jordy, you think your someone cause youve been in big boats? so have I....You don't impress me at all, if I had a choice, I think I would go back to sailing...I truly loved that..but after my accident, I just can't pull halyards like I used to...hurts too much....keep your big boats chief, if thats what ya need to get you through the day...

Jordy
10-25-2007, 10:51 PM
..but after my accident, I just can't pull halyards like I used to...hurts too much....
What does a head injury have to do with sailing??? :idea:
As far as impressing you, or anyone on here, I could care fukkin' less in case you haven't noticed. When was the last time you saw me talk in specifics about anything I have or have done??? That would be never as I don't live my life to impress people I don't know/care about. I'll go one further, I don't do anything to impress anyone... just not my style and I could care fukking less what people think about it. ;)

Jbb
10-26-2007, 03:01 AM
As far as impressing you, or anyone on here, I could care fukkin' less in case you haven't noticed. When was the last time you saw me talk in specifics about anything I have or have done??? That would be never as I don't live my life to impress people I don't know/care about. I'll go one further, I don't do anything to impress anyone... just not my style and I could care fukking less what people think about it. ;)
Jordy....Stop Hating.....:D
RD SUX!...:)

atomickitn
10-26-2007, 05:46 AM
ok soo I just saw this thread.....if you are interested we have a used 20' but it is not a jet, it is loaded and has about 20hrs on it , the people who own it want a bigger boat, it has only been in the water 3 times.....and it will be hot boat for the evals....I believe that we are asking around 40k.........as for the person who said that i called his shock wave a *****...I do not bad mouth others.....it is unprofessional...this boat is a 2006
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41970&stc=1&d=1193406489
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41971&stc=1&d=1193406489
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41972&stc=1&d=1193406489

shadow
10-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Yep that sounds like the arrogant Bobby i know :rolleyes:
Notmaybe you met someone trying to impersonate Atomickitten.:idea: ;)

boatsnblondes
10-26-2007, 06:17 AM
Yep that sounds like the arrogant Bobby i know :rolleyes:
Notmaybe you met someone trying to impersonate Atomickitten.:idea: ;)
I don't know Bobby, but I feel perfectly safe in saying it wasn't him. People in the biz don't go around knocking other guys boats....in all my years around boat builders, I have never once heard someone badmouth someone elses boat...
In fact, the first time I ever heard people badmouth each others boats was on here....
I know Matt, before you go back into my post history, I was never serious about what I said about your old boat...I was just teasing...

boatsnblondes
10-26-2007, 06:18 AM
Jeez Jordy, wheres all the hate coming from??? This ain't like you....:eek:

INSman
10-26-2007, 06:40 AM
ok soo I just saw this thread.....if you are interested we have a used 20' but it is not a jet, it is loaded and has about 20hrs on it , the people who own it want a bigger boat, it has only been in the water 3 times.....and it will be hot boat for the evals....I believe that we are asking around 40k.........as for the person who said that i called his shock wave a *****...I do not bad mouth others.....it is unprofessional...this boat is a 2006
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41970&stc=1&d=1193406489
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41971&stc=1&d=1193406489
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41972&stc=1&d=1193406489
Get your badmouthing story straight Bobby, you allegedly told this guy his Laveycraft *****ed, not the all mighty Shockwave :eek: :D

OGShocker
10-26-2007, 06:44 AM
Are you new?
;)

boatsnblondes
10-26-2007, 06:46 AM
Are you new?
;)
I guess I am....I ain't used to this from him.....:D

Mr. Crusader 83
10-26-2007, 06:49 AM
My uncle has a 2001 22 Dana open bow with a 454 mag and a AT pump for sale. $25,000

Jordy
10-26-2007, 07:47 AM
SWEET!!! I got the victim card!!! I love when he plays that. :D :D :D

ChumpChange
10-26-2007, 07:51 AM
People in the biz don't go around knocking other guys boats....in all my years around boat builders, I have never once heard someone badmouth someone elses boat...
You must have never really shopped then. I know PLENTY of builders who bash and rip others. Is Bobby one of them? No.

OGShocker
10-26-2007, 09:24 PM
HI I am posting under OG's ...... dana can build a 20 jet for around 45k loaded brand new but if you are willing to talk numbers we might be able to strike a deal for around 40k loaded with a jet...... thanks for all the nice comments ( atomickitn )......I promise we will not let you down.. and you will be treated like a vip. thanks atomickitn :)

Mrs.Racer277
10-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Atleast he did not call you mean and onrey :rolleyes:

OGShocker
10-26-2007, 11:18 PM
HI I am posting under OG's ...... dana can build a 20 jet for around 45k loaded brand new but if you are willing to talk numbers we might be able to strike a deal for around 40k loaded with a jet...... thanks for all the nice comments ( atomickitn )......I promise we will not let you down.. and you will be treated like a vip. thanks atomickitn :)
Thank you for not "dis'ing" HH....:D

boatnam2
10-26-2007, 11:46 PM
If it were me i would just wait a little bit, its winter there is no hurry to buy no long lines to wait for a build and thing are only going to get better for the boat buyer.

GRUNION
10-27-2007, 05:04 AM
I love my Dana boat. And the guys at dana are top notch with there customer service.

thatguy
10-27-2007, 05:58 AM
Yeah, but your' still going to hell for it! :D :D
Tommy

Nucking futs
10-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks
OverKill
Hey James, Just buy mine, same boat before Dana bought out Trophy boats.
Mine has the Southwind name only becuase it was being built when my grandfather passed away and and Smiley said to run that name out of respect for him. My grandfather gave that mold to Smiley many years ago and Smiley redesigned it to what it is today.
Hack Jobs was the first to wear the Dana Logo. The same person has been building them since the early 70's and knows how to build them. I would consider mine to have all the upgrades your looking for. :D
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d625b3127cceb8f00f797f4800000026101AZs2zdw5Zsd
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d625b3127cceb8f0193bfe3100000026101AZs2zdw5Zsd
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d625b3127cceb8f00e8f3f2600000026101AZs2zdw5Zsd
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d625b3127cceb8f00f72fe7300000026101AZs2zdw5Zsd
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d625b3127cceb8f00e4f3fe600000026101AZs2zdw5Zsd
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d908b3127cceb813b6e9b74500000026101AZs2zdw5Zsd
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d908b3127cceb813d9a0f7a300000026101AZs2zdw5Zsd
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159509&highlight=southwind+20

ChumpChange
10-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Go big and go for the 27:D

ChumpChange
10-27-2007, 07:29 AM
You want me to take any pictures of anything for you? I'll be stopping in there today when I go to Accessory house next door to them.

boatsnblondes
10-27-2007, 07:35 AM
Exactly the boat I was looking to replace the Hallett with, had I sold it.....sigh....awesome boat all the way around...:D