PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Ebay member--Buyers BEWARE!!

Airin' it Out
10-24-2007, 08:58 PM
I purchased some bassett twisty over the transom headers on ebay on October 6, 2007. Still don't have the headers and the seller is not responding to my emails. I've attached the boat that he has listed on his avitar on ebay. If anyone knows this guy or recognizes the boat, any help would be appreciated, he lives in Temecula, California, I'm beginning to feel like I got ripped off. I'm hoping some of you west cost guys will recognize the boat. I'm filing a claim with Paypal tomorrow to get my money back---$610 worth. Guys like this ruin ebay! :mad:
Everyone BEWARE:
His ebay member id is: laila4g
His email is listed as: sweet4kingg@roadrunner.com

C-2
10-24-2007, 09:02 PM
One of your threads will get nixed for cross-posting.
Go back and find the buyer of the boat he sold earlier this year and contact the seller, or get a pic of the boat and the Cf numbers and you are in business.
He must be somebody on this board.:idea:

BigDoug
10-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Wow, thats funny you mentioned this cause i watched this from start to finish and almost bidded on them, they went for $500 or so i think, im glad i didn't bid now !!.....sorry to hear about it.

BigDoug
10-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Oops, just noticed the amount $610......the guy replied to my emails about the headers.

OverKill
10-24-2007, 09:19 PM
This might take a while, but go to ( Members List) and look at all the avatars. More than likely the will use the same one here on the boards.

C-2
10-24-2007, 09:23 PM
The pic looks like Bobbitt's Skater, pretty sure it is.

sawtooth
10-24-2007, 09:38 PM
OK I'll bite, (glass is half empty) You mention that the seller is located in Temecula. Maybe he has some problems related to all the fires down there (Fallbrook). I know you said the auction ended on Oct 6 but I always like to give people the benifit, and yes I have been burnt on eBay. Best of luck to you, have you contacted the eBay police.

BajaMike
10-24-2007, 11:23 PM
I purchased some bassett twisty over the transom headers on ebay on October 6, 2007. Still don't have the headers and the seller is not responding to my emails. I've attached the boat that he has listed on his avitar on ebay. If anyone knows this guy or recognizes the boat, any help would be appreciated, he lives in Temecula, California, I'm beginning to feel like I got ripped off. I'm hoping some of you west cost guys will recognize the boat. I'm filing a claim with Paypal tomorrow to get my money back---$610 worth. Guys like this ruin ebay! :mad:
Everyone BEWARE:
I would never buy headers or any other engine part on Ebay...what do you do if it doesn't work (even if it was actually delivered).
Go to a real dealer. Most of the high dollar stuff on Ebay are just scams....
IMHO......:idea:

snake321
10-25-2007, 04:34 AM
I buy most of my stuff on ebay,racingjunk and from here. Never been burnt from ebay,racing junk. Twice I've bought parts on here that took over a month and a half to get and once I got screwed for a $200 oil pan. Plus I just found out that a starter I bought here was junk.

wright27
10-25-2007, 07:09 AM
I was burned twice on Ebay. Ebay is a joke and I will never buy or sell on Ebay again. It has turned into nothing but a bunch of scam artists ruining it for the good sellers.

Brewzed
10-25-2007, 07:29 AM
If he's a scammer on ebay, I highly doubt that is his boat. Probably one of the tools he uses to lure people in for boat parts.

catman-do
10-25-2007, 08:05 AM
I agree with the person above. Someone that is scamming for a few hundred at a time probably isnt driving a several hundred thousand dollar boat.

RiverDave
10-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Everyone BEWARE:
Wish I could help ya on tracking the guy down.. but I got dollars to donuts that says that picture of Bobbitt's Skater he's using is just one he took off the internet. Most likely he has no affiliation with the owner of that boat.
RD