PDA

View Full Version : Where will "JAY" Work next ??

scarabrick2
10-25-2007, 10:43 AM
He's no longer working at the chevy place(name withheld for a reason).
Guess there was a falling out Monday night.
I justy called to thank him(Jay) and Steve for the great deal and delivery of my bro's father in law's truck.
I'm sure everyone will follow him where ever he ends up.
I sure will !!!
Rick

Mattman
10-25-2007, 10:50 AM
F me...so it's true. Where the heck am I gonna buy my truck now?!!:confused:

Magic34
10-25-2007, 10:52 AM
F me...so it's true. Where the heck am I gonna buy my truck now?!!:confused:
If that is really the case, Jay is a very valuable asset to have. Another store would want him immediately!
If this is so, Jay, I feel for you. Wishing you well.

SummitKarl
10-25-2007, 10:53 AM
I justy called to thank him(Jay) and Steve for the great deal and delivery of my bro's father in law's truck.
I sure will !!!
Rick
I am putting $20 on Bradley Chevy in Havasu;)

scarabrick2
10-25-2007, 10:56 AM
The big blue ocean calls his boat out so I think it will be in so cal still. Just a guess. MAYBE HE CAN BE A BUISNESS PARTNER THIS TIME.. Great guy !!

INSman
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I am putting $20 on Bradley Chevy in Havasu;)
How cool would that be ?!? Doubt they could afford or want to pay him what he is worth, knowing Havasu :mad:

JB in so cal
10-25-2007, 11:06 AM
3. Irvine Chev
2. Macpherson in Foothill
1. Wesoloh in Capo:idea:

SummitKarl
10-25-2007, 11:06 AM
How cool would that be ?!? Doubt they could afford or want to pay him what he is worth, knowing Havasu :mad:
I am Fairly sure all Jay needs is a dealer Lic to work under;) I doubt his location will matter:D

HM
10-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Trident? :D

welk2party
10-25-2007, 11:08 AM
With the amount of vehicles Jay sells, it's surprising any dealership would create a situation that sends him out the door.

Magic34
10-25-2007, 11:12 AM
With the amount of vehicles Jay sells, it's surprising any dealership would create a situation that sends him out the door.
Welcome to the car industry. Guys at the top have some ego issues.

welk2party
10-25-2007, 11:14 AM
I guess so. Talk about cutting your nose off despite your face!:eek:

Big Kahunaa
10-25-2007, 11:19 AM
hopefully he goes to a ford dealer

HM
10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Trident!!!
:D :D :D

BoatFloating
10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Bite your Toungue :jawdrop:

SummitKarl
10-25-2007, 11:26 AM
yea no shiat.......I would be knocking on his PM box for sure;)

superdave013
10-25-2007, 11:32 AM
good for him! Anaheim Chevy is hands down the worst dealer I have ever done biz with (way before Jay was there).
And their service sucked ass even worse.

racecar.hotshoe
10-25-2007, 11:36 AM
:D :D :D :D :D
http://www.fordreallysucks.com/images/logo.gif

caroftheweek
10-25-2007, 11:43 AM
I have messages with the powers that be at Connell in Costa Mesa. He round out the sales department nicely.

uLtRADeNniS
10-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Bite your Toungue :jawdrop:
LOL!!
Jay is the greatest auto salesman I've ever worked with, Hands Down! I will continue to buy my future trucks from him wherever he goes! Hell, He's even got a GREAT delivery program... So the location of the new Dealership doesn't matter at all.
Thanks again for the great customer service Jay! Good luck with your new plans!

Boozer
10-25-2007, 11:47 AM
There's nothing wrong with having an ego when you're at the top of your game. And it isn't just limited to the car industry either. Most good sales people have big ego's it what makes them who they are.

yopengo
10-25-2007, 11:50 AM
I have messages with the powers that be at Connell in Costa Mesa. He round out the sales department nicely.
I have always had good sales & service at Connell. I think all of us will follow him wherever he ends up.....except for FORD or Dodge :D

topless
10-25-2007, 11:50 AM
There's nothing wrong with having an ego when you're at the top of your game. And it isn't just limited to the car industry either. Most good sales people have big ego's it what makes them who they are.
You sound like you speak from experience Boozer.:D :D

Keith E. Sayre
10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Back to the original question of where "Jay" will work next?
Seems clear to me that he'll work wherever he wants to! Pretty simple!
I've never bought anything from him and only know him from the lake but
seems like he's top guy in the industry if he can keep everyone on this
site happy.
Good luck Jay.
Keith Sayre

Big Warlock
10-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Good luck Jay. I doesn't appear that anyone really knows what happened!! LOL But we all wish you the best of luck!! :)

caroftheweek
10-25-2007, 12:03 PM
I have always had good sales & service at Connell. I think all of us will follow him wherever he ends up.....except for FORD or Dodge :D
It is a good store. My Dad ran it for 28 years before moving to AZ. My best friend and uncle are managers. We all know Jay well.

AZJD
10-25-2007, 12:04 PM
If I may shed some insight on the situation. Jay is very good at what he does and expects to have his word backed by the dealership. With that being said the owner, whom will remain nameless, is sometimes stubborn. I would be willing to say, or assume, that Jay did what was best for he and his staff, aswell as his clientel.
Just an assumption.

HM
10-25-2007, 12:06 PM
If I may shed some insight on the situation. Jay is very good at what he does and expects to have his word backed by the dealership. With that being said the owner, whom will remain nameless, is sometimes stubborn. I would be willing to say, or assume, that Jay did what was best for he and his staff, aswell as his clientel.
Just an assumption.
You know what they say about assuming...
some times you are wrong. :D

AZJD
10-25-2007, 12:07 PM
You know what they say about assuming...
some times you are wrong. :D
I will take the sometimes over the all the time, anytime!:D

2Driver
10-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Back to the original question of where "Jay" will work next?
Seems clear to me that he'll work wherever he wants to! Pretty simple!
Good luck Jay.
Keith Sayre
Yep, but lets hope it's Chevy or Toyota so I can continue to buy:D
BTW: Thanks for taking the time with us Saturday. The kid said getting to start up the Magic 18-wheeler tow rig was "one of the best days ever".

Keith E. Sayre
10-25-2007, 12:23 PM
2 Driver: not to hijack the thread but thanks for stopping by, your son had eyes as big as silver dollars when he hit that starter button in the Freightliner
and when he honked the horn. You have a nice family!
Keith Sayre

Goad
10-25-2007, 12:29 PM
yeah, i heard about this Tuesday morning from jay himself. only thing he told me was he is "taking some time off".
anyways....best of luck to him and i know he will succeed at anything he does. He has pulled through on everything he has promised and has never let me down He always has bent over backwards for myself and others as I have done for him in times where things were short notice.
He is a great guy to know and I'm glad to have done business with him and his previous employer. I look forward to doing more business with him in the future.

shippingguy
10-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Just an assumption.
I would second this as the reason. Jay has a great rep and I think if he stayed there his rep would be hindered. I just got a new Tahoe for the wife and Jay and Steve were great. We have a problem with the front seat and it needs to replaced. Jay and Steve both did what they could do, but per the dealership the OWNER's WIFE has to look at the seat to OK the replacement even though it is a GM flaw.:mad:
Jay good luck and I WILL buy another vehice form you in the future:)
Mike

uLtRADeNniS
10-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Ahh too bad to hear he is taking some time off. A really good friend of mine is looking to buy a new Chevy right now and I told him about Jay. Well hopefully he can hold off until Jay gets to wherever he is going.
Have your buddy call Steve at Anaheim Chevrolet then. He's a great guy and helped Jay on my purchase.
714-991-3100

scarabrick2
10-25-2007, 01:11 PM
call STEVE great guy. He'll do you right

riverbound
10-25-2007, 01:14 PM
The owners are good family frinds of ours. they were pissed when my brother and I bought new trucks form Jay and didnt go see them. :D

riverbound
10-25-2007, 01:16 PM
how long unilt all of Jays customers get letters from Anaheim chevy trying to steal his custmers like Selman did??

PHOTOGLOU
10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Fock... You guys and gals are awesome... I am preparing to leave for Glamis for 4 days. My phone has been ringing off the hook from dealers in Az as well as cali and NV offering jobs. I am not sure just yet what I am going to do EXCEPT not answer my phone for 4 days... I WILL RETURN CALLS SO PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE. The situation just got t a point where I was unable to return calls YES business and referrals have picked up for me but I was unable to get in touch with new potential clients as well as handle the few problems we were having.
Shippingguy. PLEASE ALLOW ME till Monday... I will trade you a new 07 Tahoe (my vehicle) for yours for as long as it takes to fix that seat (1 - 3 days)
I feel bad that I will be unable to assist in sales for the next few days BUT I WILL give a $100 gas card to anyone who waits for me to get back... I NEED THIS TIME OFF...
I only hope I can help each and everyone of you the way you have all helped me, in business and friendship... Jay 714 552 0300

Jyruiz
10-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Fock... You guys and gals are awesome... I am preparing to leave for Glamis for 4 days. My phone has been ringing off the hook from dealers in Az as well as cali and NV offering jobs. I am not sure just yet what I am going to do EXCEPT not answer my phone for 4 days... I WILL RETURN CALLS SO PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE. The situation just got t a point where I was unable to return calls YES business and referrals have picked up for me but I was unable to get in touch with new potential clients as well as handle the few problems we were having.
Shippingguy. PLEASE ALLOW ME till Monday... I will trade you a new 07 Tahoe (my vehicle) for yours for as long as it takes to fix that seat (1 - 3 days)
I feel bad that I will be unable to assist in sales for the next few days BUT I WILL give a $100 gas card to anyone who waits for me to get back... I NEED THIS TIME OFF...
I only hope I can help each and everyone of you the way you have all helped me, in business and friendship... Jay 714 552 0300
Who wouldn't wait for this guy??? I don't think you have anything to worry about Jay, enjoy your time off.

shippingguy
10-25-2007, 01:53 PM
NO STRESS JAY!!! Enjoy your time off you deserve it. I spoke with Steve yesterday. We have something set up on the 8th to replace the seat. Again, you have earned my business for as long as you are in the biz and I am buying Chevy's. Heck if you go to Ford I may end up driving a Ford:)
Mike

AZJD
10-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Enjoy your trip to Glamis Jay! And let me know when your ready for an agent to start your search for an Az house!;)
I am not sure we have enough Patron in Az for you.........

AZJD
10-25-2007, 01:56 PM
NO STRESS JAY!!! Enjoy your time off you deserve it. I spoke with Steve yesterday. We have something set up on the 8th to replace the seat. Again, you have earned my business for as long as you are in the biz and I am buying Chevy's. Heck if you go to Ford I may end up driving a Ford:)
Mike
Don't get all crazy now!!!!!!:D

pixilatedpussy
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I sure will !!!
Rick
Hmm....I heard he is part owner...so are you sure this is true?

shippingguy
10-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Don't get all crazy now!!!!!!:D
OK your right....maybe NOT:) :D

Havasu1986
10-25-2007, 02:04 PM
See post #39. :sleeping: :D

AZJD
10-25-2007, 02:08 PM
And how many vehicles do you have?
Everytime I read one of your posts you got another vehicle, Jay Leno!:D :D :D

Boatcop
10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
It's "to spite". Cutting your nose to spite your face.
You tell 'em, McFly.

INSman
10-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Being part owner is not always the best deal especially when your part is less than 51%.

BoatFloating
10-25-2007, 06:24 PM
You tell 'em, McFly.
I thought it was Sprite
and McRib...:D

ultra26shadow
10-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Wow! Thanks Jay though for helping me out with my deal on my new truck while you were there, good luck on your new career and keep us informed wherever your headed

Kachina26
10-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks, that's one of my little pet peeves. Used to have a neighbor that would yell at his kids and tell them to "wake up and smell the roses!".
That being said, Jay will do well wherever he lands. How could he not?

ChumpChange
10-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Glad you quoted that. That be funny.
For all intensive purposes, it was a good move. :D :D :D
Yes I did that on purpose.

Jordy
10-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Really not looking for a new truck, but I'll leave you a message with my address for that gas card. :D :D :D
Get back to me soon!!! :)

78Southwind
10-27-2007, 02:07 PM
but per the dealership the OWNER's WIFE has to look at the seat to OK the replacement even though it is a GM flaw.:mad:
The owner's wife must be apart of GM's quality control?:confused: