PDA

View Full Version : ''AHA/Blythe''

85CARRIBEAN
10-25-2007, 10:49 AM
When everyone goes to the river at either AHA, or Blythe, where do you stay? Are there local hotels, or just camp grounds to hook up an RV to? Just curious, bored as helll at work and cannot wait to experience the river life again in 2008.

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 10:53 AM
theres hotels in blythe and a bunch of camprounds up and down the river just depends on where you want to go.my second home is mcintyre park really nice park with camping, rv hookups,permanant trailers , and really reasonable. about 25 min. south of aha.

85CARRIBEAN
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I was just curious because, I just recently bought a boat, plan on going ALOT this summer. But, I don't currently own a RV to travel up/down the river to camp. I'd have to stay at a local hotel in Blythe.
I just hear alot about Blythe/AHA and sounds like a good time. Does anyone have more pics they can share of the river out there?? Would be great. Thanks.
-Nandi

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 02:50 PM
I was just curious because, I just recently bought a boat, plan on going ALOT this summer. But, I don't currently own a RV to travel up/down the river to camp. I'd have to stay at a local hotel in Blythe.
I just hear alot about Blythe/AHA and sounds like a good time. Does anyone have more pics they can share of the river out there?? Would be great. Thanks.
-Nandi
my avatar is one of our sand bars.
http://http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/mcintyrelocal/SSL228741.jpg?t=1193352443
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/mcintyrelocal/SSL228831.jpg?t=1193352495
http://http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/mcintyrelocal/SSL228771.jpg?t=1193352588

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 02:52 PM
http://http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/mcintyrelocal/SSL228771.jpg?t=1193352588
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/mcintyrelocal/SSL228741.jpg?t=1193352755

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 02:57 PM
hotels are only 10-15 min. from water closest launch to water from hotels is destiny riviera campground and rv park. about 10 min. north of mcintyre park by road and abput 20 min. by water. Aha quinn is about 20 -25 min. north of town by road and not acsessable by water from anywhere about 7 miles south of Aha.

clownpuncher
10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Blythe is a haven for jet boaters. Don't plan on the typical Parker or Havasu experience. You gotta bring your own party with ya. Up near Aha you're pretty much in the boonies. Besides the parks own convenience stores there ain't a store around for 20 miles. Some people, like me, love that style.
Quite a few moblies for sale all along the river too. For some reason, the prices are getting a little more reasonable than they were a few months/years ago.
Hotels in Blythe have seen better days but the campsites are nice. If you have a decent trailer it should be no problem at all to spend a few days in comfort in Blythe. I would MUCh rather camp than stay in one of their hotels.
Good luck.

Waist Deep
10-25-2007, 03:11 PM
McIntyre Local, is that not Brian and Tracys old boat in the group?

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Blythe is a haven for jet boaters. Don't plan on the typical Parker or Havasu experience. You gotta bring your own party with ya. Up near Aha you're pretty much in the boonies. Besides the parks own convenience stores there ain't a store around for 20 miles. Some people, like me, love that style.
Quite a few moblies for sale all along the river too. For some reason, the prices are getting a little more reasonable than they were a few months/years ago.
Hotels in Blythe have seen better days but the campsites are nice. If you have a decent trailer it should be no problem at all to spend a few days in comfort in Blythe. I would MUCh rather camp than stay in one of their hotels.
Good luck.
ah man wheres your sence of adventure.:D

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 03:17 PM
McIntyre Local, is that not Brian and Tracys old boat in the group?
yeah and there new one the white and orange one its a little crusader tunnel they ate some of my best friends i helped them build the new one sell the old one and help my other friend that bought it finish that one. they are good people they just barely skated away from the fires.

RitcheyRch
10-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I always stay at a local hotel in town and launch out of McIntyre when there is water.

clownpuncher
10-25-2007, 03:28 PM
ah man wheres your sence of adventure.:D
Have no doubt, I'm full of adventure. :D
I love boating in Blythe. Leave my boat there, no towing, no crowds etc.
It's just that I'd rather sleep in the comfort of a Marriott or my own clean trailer. As far as I know not a lot of really good places to eat in Blythe, so if you're in a motel you're limited on food. A camp side BBQ at the end of the day is always nice and cheaper too.

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Have no doubt, I'm full of adventure. :D
I love boating in Blythe. Leave my boat there, no towing, no crowds etc.
It's just that I'd rather sleep in the comfort of a Marriott or my own clean trailer. As far as I know not a lot of really good places to eat in Blythe, so if you're in a motel you're limited on food. A camp side BBQ at the end of the day is always nice and cheaper too.
i agree on the ocomidations but there is good food you just have to find it mainly mexican, marias just west of broadway on hobson and another place further west,and steaks and cakes for breakfast just sont order the mushrooms!!! ill take my trailer in mcintyre over there hotels anyday;)

MBlaster
10-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Whats the water like around McIntyre and how's the park? I wanted to go there last summer but just couldn't fit it in the schedule. We'll make it this summer for sure.

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Whats the water like around McIntyre and how's the park? I wanted to go there last summer but just couldn't fit it in the schedule. We'll make it this summer for sure.
if youve got a jet its almost never to low if you now how to read the water and the park is very very nice 90 percent grass alot of trees,.

MBlaster
10-25-2007, 03:46 PM
if youve got a jet its almost never to low if you now how to read the water and the park is very very nice 90 percent grass alot of trees,.
I have a RV and it would be great to leave the boat in the water once we set up camp. Do most guys pull their boats out each day, or is there a safe place to moor for the duration? I'd guess with fluctuating water levels beaching is out of the question.

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 03:49 PM
I have a RV and it would be great to leave the boat in the water once we set up camp. Do most guys pull their boats out each day, or is there a safe place to moor for the duration? I'd guess with fluctuating water levels beaching is out of the question.
people leave there boats in the water in the marina infront of your site but if they let alot of water out you wont be able to use your boat untill about 11 in the morning but alot of people do it i dont recamend it.

Waist Deep
10-25-2007, 03:55 PM
So, if you know Brian, you gotta know Jeff & Ann with the 21' Closed bow with orange flames. That kinda looked like Stevo with the stupid jungle hat on .

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 03:57 PM
So, if you know Brian, you gotta know Jeff & Ann with the 21' Closed bow with orange flames. That kinda looked like Stevo with the stupid jungle hat on .
of course ive only known jeff and ann for about 20 years my dad went to high school with them.

Waist Deep
10-25-2007, 03:58 PM
What a pain in the Arse! I used to hang with him when we had a place @ McIntyre. Now our party is at PIR in 3 wks.

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 04:01 PM
What a pain in the Arse! I used to hang with him when we had a place @ McIntyre. Now our party is at PIR in 3 wks.
with who jeff and wheres pir.

Waist Deep
10-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Yup Jeff @ Phoenix International Raceway

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Yup Jeff @ Phoenix International Raceway
thats what i thought how long ago did you have a place there and why not anymore.

pw_Tony
10-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Notice how most of the replies on this thread are jet boaters ;)
You won't find those big old cats ruining the water at Blythe!

Waist Deep
10-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Sold it a year and a half ago and bought a place in Bullhead. Got tired of our elec. not working and the drama in the park.
Used to be up in the front cul de sac.

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Sold it a year and a half ago and bought a place in Bullhead. Got tired of our elec. not working and the drama in the park.
Used to be up in the front cul de sac.
up by dan and smoothie? im sure ive met you ive been going there for a long time even though im only 24.

fiasco
10-25-2007, 05:20 PM
theres a nice hotel right off intake blvd in blythe and about 2 miles down on hobson there is a boat launch for $8.00 . you can also get off the freeway at rivera drive and camp at destinys and launch you boat . oh ya and come down the street and buy me a beer:D .for food there is a 3 good mexican restaurants , chinese food and all the regular fast foods .

RitcheyRch
10-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Thats why I love Blythe. Dont have to worry about getting swamped by the big boats.
Notice how most of the replies on this thread are jet boaters ;)
You won't find those big old cats ruining the water at Blythe!

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Thats why I love Blythe. Dont have to worry about getting swamped by the big boats.
thats for dman sure, i had a brand new 21'er and it was still to small for parker or havi once i built my little boat i sold the big one.

RitcheyRch
10-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Plus I dont like the party crowds of Havasu.
thats for dman sure, i had a brand new 21'er and it was still to small for parker or havi once i built my little boat i sold the big one.

McIntyrelocal
10-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Plus I dont like the party crowds of Havasu.
me either playin shoes and drinking beer with all my good friends is all i need. not all the mayhem.

RitcheyRch
10-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Exactly
me either playin shoes and drinking beer with all my good friends is all i need. not all the mayhem.

Waist Deep
10-26-2007, 05:20 AM
up by dan and smoothie? im sure ive met you ive been going there for a long time even though im only 24.
Yup, across from Dan on the corner backed up to the field. Used to have a Raptor Hauler on site.

85CARRIBEAN
10-26-2007, 06:05 AM
Ahhhh man....the more is see pics of the river, and nice jet boats, I just want to quit my job and move close to the water and drive my boat everyday! hahaha. Thanks for the pics! It was definetly a tease.

Waist Deep
10-26-2007, 06:08 AM
The Carribean is an open or closed bow? We used to have a 21' open bow and it was a great ride.

85CARRIBEAN
10-26-2007, 06:17 AM
The Carribean is an open or closed bow? We used to have a 21' open bow and it was a great ride.
Mine is a 18' closed, full-stringer, bubble deck jet w/BBC 468 dual 750 race demon carbs at 12.5-1 compression. I've only took it out twice! Can't you see why I started this thread about the river and pictures!....LOL. :)

BrendellaJet
10-26-2007, 06:48 AM
McIntyre is cool if you dont mind red ants. The grass is all but dead. If you have a trailer it will be fine. Not really little kid friendly because of the ants. The cove is full of grass...Nice spot on the river though. Its too bad they dont take better care of that place. I wont go there again any time soon.

Waist Deep
10-26-2007, 08:08 AM
The people who run it suck. They don't give a crap about anything but their $. McIntyre under private ownership back in the day was way better.

McIntyrelocal
10-26-2007, 08:10 AM
McIntyre is cool if you dont mind red ants. The grass is all but dead. If you have a trailer it will be fine. Not really little kid friendly because of the ants. The cove is full of grass...Nice spot on the river though. Its too bad they dont take better care of that place. I wont go there again any time soon.
i dont know when the last time you were there was but the park has been in really good shape the last few years accually i dont remember it being that bad in a long time. ive been to quite a few of the parks on blythe this year and its every bit as nice if not icer than most of them. aha is different becauase it has 180-200,000 $ houses but as far as the campground goes its not much nicer, and mayflower , twin poalms and especially riviera are in no way nicer in my opinion but they are all in the middle of the desert so grass is hard to keep 100 percent but this is just my opinion.evey one has one.:)

McIntyrelocal
10-26-2007, 08:13 AM
The people who run it suck. They don't give a crap about anything but their $. McIntyre under private ownership back in the day was way better.
yeah i do agree with that. but its still one of the cheapest places on the river that i know of.

BrendellaJet
10-26-2007, 09:10 AM
i dont know when the last time you were there was but the park has been in really good shape the last few years accually i dont remember it being that bad in a long time. ive been to quite a few of the parks on blythe this year and its every bit as nice if not icer than most of them. aha is different becauase it has 180-200,000 $ houses but as far as the campground goes its not much nicer, and mayflower , twin poalms and especially riviera are in no way nicer in my opinion but they are all in the middle of the desert so grass is hard to keep 100 percent but this is just my opinion.evey one has one.:)
I was there one week ago today. Red ants & dead grass and plenty of gang bangers too. Like I said, nice place on the river, but the facilities were not very nice. Bathrooms were nasty too. Oh well. Im just a pansy who prefers to stay in a hotel anyways...

McIntyrelocal
10-26-2007, 09:13 AM
huh i wonder what the occation was i was there 2 weeks ago and it was almost completely empty oh well to each his own.