PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with car parts stores ...???

YeLLowBoaT
03-01-2006, 06:13 PM
You would think you would have to know some basics about cars to work there....
I called around, most places said no. Then I got ahold of a "smart" guy....
here is how the phone convo went....
"hi, this is "bla bla" my name is "joe smart guy" How can I help you??"
so I say
"do you turn rotors?"
"sure do" "we have all brands, mallory, MSD...."
*CLICK*

76ANTHONY
03-01-2006, 06:41 PM
why are you upset, because they didnt have accell??? :D
now thats funny, i deal with them all day every dam day....

HMF'er
03-01-2006, 08:05 PM
You should call back and ask for a price on a flux capacitor.

HCS
03-01-2006, 08:19 PM
They really do make muffler bearings.
Parts guy.
HCS. :)

Big Kahunaa
03-01-2006, 08:23 PM
or the classic what is it in went to get valve cover gaskets for a big block ford well wat's it in i said a 77 hawaiian the guy said whats that

HCS
03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
or the classic what is it in went to get valve cover gaskets for a big block ford well wat's it in i said a 77 hawaiian the guy said whats that
That's cause it's a Ford. :D

76ANTHONY
03-01-2006, 08:30 PM
yeah or i need a set of windsheild wiper blades for a crew cab 2001 f-150.. uhhhh what size engine....

Big Kahunaa
03-01-2006, 08:33 PM
That's cause it's a Ford. :D
if was a chevy i could have went to am/pm and got a rebuild kit a hot dog and soda for 49.95

Big Kahunaa
03-01-2006, 08:36 PM
yeah or i need a set of windsheild wiper blades for a crew cab 2001 f-150.. uhhhh what size engine....
Ordered a fuel pump for ford for my crewcab dullay the asked what the wheel base was i told the find the longest and that was it keep in mind it's a 95 no short bed dullays then

76ANTHONY
03-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Ordered a fuel pump for ford for my crewcab dullay the asked what the wheel base was i told the find the longest and that was it keep in mind it's a 95 no short bed dullays then
how about, can i get a torque converter for a f-150 with a 4.6, 02. um yeah, is that a stick or automatic???? :crossx:

HCS
03-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Ok,
Flip the table.
You know how many times I hear this?
Customer...I need a part for my car.
Parts guy...What kind of car?
Customer...Nissan.
Parts guy...What kind of Nissan?
Customer...I don't know, it's a Nissan.
Parts guy...Ok, what do you need?
Customer...I don't know? It doesn't run.
Parts guy...Well, what does it do?
Customer...(MAD) HELL I DON'T KNOW! YOUR THE PARTS GUY!
Parts guy...Your going to have to have it towed to a shop and checked out.
Customer...How much is a starter?
Parts guy...Ok, what year and make is your car?
Customer...I TOLD YOU! IT'S A NISSAN.
Parts guy...I need to know what year make and model to look up your part!
Customer...CLICK!
Hung up the phone.
Parts guy...BUTT PLUG.

BADASS38CHEVY
03-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Tell them you need a torque converter for a Harley.

Big Kahunaa
03-01-2006, 09:03 PM
how about, can i get a torque converter for a f-150 with a 4.6, 02. um yeah, is that a stick or automatic???? :crossx:
Funny sh-t there

76ANTHONY
03-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Ok,
Flip the table.
You know how many times I hear this?
Customer...I need a part for my car.
Parts guy...What kind of car?
Customer...Nissan.
Parts guy...What kind of Nissan?
Customer...I don't know, it's a Nissan.
Parts guy...Ok, what do you need?
Customer...I don't know? It doesn't run.
Parts guy...Well, what does it do?
Customer...(MAD) HELL I DON'T KNOW! YOUR THE PARTS GUY!
Parts guy...Your going to have to have it towed to a shop and checked out.
Customer...How much is a starter?
Parts guy...Ok, what year and make is your car?
Customer...I TOLD YOU! IT'S A NISSAN.
Parts guy...I need to know what year make and model to look up your part!
Customer...CLICK!
Hung up the phone.
Parts guy...BUTT PLUG.
i call these guys for a living, i know what they need, but its still funny to do that :crossx:

76ANTHONY
03-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Tell them you need a torque converter for a Harley.
what year? :D

Keyser
03-01-2006, 09:14 PM
I used to be a couterman at a "real" parts store, you know the kind that you could pretty much get anything you needed for any kind of car. Well when it was slow we used to call places like Pep Boys or Auto Zone and ask for stuff like a water pump for a 68 bug or a starter for a '83 Corvette. When they couldn't find it in their computer they would assure me that they could order it. Idiots!!!! :crossx:

76ANTHONY
03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
I used to be a couterman at a "real" parts store, you know the kind that you could pretty much get anything you needed for any kind of car. Well when it was slow we used to call places like Pep Boys or Auto Zone and ask for stuff like a water pump for a 68 bug or a starter for a '83 Corvette. When they couldn't find it in their computer they would assure me that they could order it. Idiots!!!! :crossx:
83 vette, hahahahaaha.. now thats good.... :crossx:

Keyser
03-01-2006, 09:20 PM
83 vette, hahahahaaha.. now thats good.... :crossx:
Yeah you now a real parts guy or even a true car guy with that one!!!!! Not many people know they didn't build 'em during the body change over! :devil:

76ANTHONY
03-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah you now a real parts guy or even a true car guy with that one!!!!! Not many people know they didn't build 'em during the body change over! :devil:
yeah, oh but arent they all true car guys, hahaha, just ask em...

Keyser
03-01-2006, 09:28 PM
yeah, oh but arent they all true car guys, hahaha, just ask em...
I know but usually the person on the other line is an 18 year old kid who really is just learning. I remember when I started a guy said he had something like a 63 chevy nova i think that had a 4 cyl and I told with a "you must be stupid " look on my face that they didn't make a 4 cyl till the early 80's. OOPS guess who was the stupid one :rolleyes:
I think I've learned alot since then.

76ANTHONY
03-01-2006, 09:33 PM
I know but usually the person on the other line is an 18 year old kid who really is just learning. I remember when I started a guy said he had something like a 63 chevy nova i think that had a 4 cyl and I told with a "you must be stupid " look on my face that they didn't make a 4 cyl till the early 80's. OOPS guess who was the stupid one :rolleyes:
I think I've learned alot since then.
yep, we all learn, part of the job... but its still fun calling those guys, im using the 83 vette starter tomorrow, thanks... :crossx: :D

Keyser
03-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Have fun!!!!!!!! Its great when they cant find it and they have to call the parts manager over. :p