PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to those that left when told

CBadDad
10-25-2007, 01:07 PM
I apologize if I didn't say please when I asked you to evacuate. I was a little busy...
The first fatality during the San Diego wild fires was a father who refused to evacuate when told to go. His son was critically burned as were the four Cal Firefighters who rescued him. They are all in drug induced coma's in UCSD's burn unit as I type this.
I am sorry if you lost your home. We did everything we possibly could. The conditions were right for this disaster. It's happened before and it will happen again, I am sad to say. Just remember that homes can be rebuilt.
I'm tired. I'm gonna go hang out with my kids. Take care.

shippingguy
10-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks for all your hard work and keeping those in danger safe and protecting the homes you could. I have many friends on the strike teams right now and have nothing but great respect for the job you guys do.
Mike

Singleton
10-25-2007, 01:12 PM
CBADDAD -
I want to say THANK YOU for all you have done this past week.
You dedication and hard work are the reasons you saved so many homes in the San Diego area.
Once again, i just want to say THANKS for all your hard work.

ahhell
10-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Thank you and all the other firefighters out there...I hear you guys are doing 24-36 hour shifts!!!!! insane....enjoy your time off ;)
Bob

PunkAssBitch
10-25-2007, 01:24 PM
THANK YOU!!!!
and, I will apologize for my friends' idiot ex-husband that refused to leave his place over by the 56. He should be counting his fockin' blessings that he is lucky to have his life AND his home....:mad:
Enjoy that MUCH needed rest!

SummitKarl
10-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks for your work Brett:D
I am sure your exhausted
Take care

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Just wanted to come on and say Thank you to you and all the crews out there putting their own lives on the line for all of ours..
so a great big thank you to all of you who have been involved in fighting these fires and also to those who have lost or may lose everything. But just remember it can be replaced. you can't.
the vee's are praying for everyone out there. :)

CBadDad
10-25-2007, 08:53 PM
You're all welcome, but I wasn't really looking for thanks. Hell, I stood in a line to get this job. I do it 'cuz I want to and I am paid well. But, none of us are paid well enough to get killed over it.
Looks like they found two more bodies today of folks staying behind to "save their homes". It's not that simple people. If it was, no one would loose their homes. Big fire creates its own weather and acts erratically at best. Firefighters know this and for the most part know when to get the fock out. If you think you can save your home with a green line (your garden hose), you're mistaken. Something to think about next time you put not only yourself in danger, but the folks that are trying to save your hide. Burning to death seems like a shitty way to die.
But I know no one on HB would ever doing anything like that...

SB
10-26-2007, 10:54 AM
In FL they run commercials on the radio now:
"Hello, 911, I need help now."
"Sorry you're in an evac zone, we don't come out til the hurricane's over. Screw you. Good bye."

Sleeper CP
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
You're all welcome, but I wasn't really looking for thanks. Hell, I stood in a line to get this job. I do it 'cuz I want to and I am paid well. But, none of us are paid well enough to get killed over it.
Looks like they found two more bodies today of folks staying behind to "save their homes". It's not that simple people. If it was, no one would loose their homes. Big fire creates its own weather and acts erratically at best. Firefighters know this and for the most part know when to get the fock out. If you think you can save your home with a green line (your garden hose), you're mistaken. Something to think about next time you put not only yourself in danger, but the folks that are trying to save your hide. Burning to death seems like a shitty way to die.
But I know no one on HB would ever doing anything like that...
Thank you very much.
I thought the article in The San Diego Union was telling yesterday that the ex- Fire Capitan of San Diego refused to evac. He said " No way I'm Staying".
I wouldn't leave my new house either, but I have plenty of defensible space, a watering system(sprinklers) on the roof that I built into the house, two 4,000 gallon water trucks and a couple of Caterpillar tractors and a fire hydrant with 600+ feet of fire hose. If you are going to stay you better be prepared.
The victim that you wrote about in your first post, one of my customers is good friends with the family. The father that died was my customers wrestling coach many years ago and he is still friends with the man's son who was badly burnt. Very Sad.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover