PDA

View Full Version : Seligman info

LhcBrad
10-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Cement Factory coming to Seligman. I wonder what this will do to Property Values. Its a nice get away out there.
http://expansionmanagement.com/smo/articleviewer/default.asp?cmd=articledetail&articleid=19115

2Driver
10-25-2007, 06:07 PM
That deal is not set in concrete yet is it? ;)
I doubt it will do much to values. How many people and how much are they paying. I'm guessing not much on either side. McCulloch never even did much for Havasu.

Not So Fast
10-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Just drove by it today, thought it would be bigger. Saw some signs along the way "40 acre ranch parcels, $2995" that cant be real even out there can it?? Beautiful country!! NSF

caroftheweek
10-25-2007, 06:49 PM
I know it is about 60 miles north on the road I live on (Williamson Valley Road). 45 miles of it is dirt. I agree with you NSF, it is beautiful country up there.

LhcBrad
10-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Just drove by it today, thought it would be bigger. Saw some signs along the way "40 acre ranch parcels, $2995" that cant be real even out there can it?? Beautiful country!! NSF
I think is real BUT!! Its about 10 (edit 45 miles) miles down a dirt road. Its a long drive down a dirt road for 45 miles. Its fun to off road, but not to go off roading to get home everyday. Might be fun to camp there every once in awhile but why spend $2995 to do it. Just go out there and camp off the dirt road.

Not So Fast
10-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I know it is about 60 miles north on the road I live on (Williamson Valley Road). 45 miles of it is dirt. I agree with you NSF, it is beautiful country up there.
Would that be considered on the Mogollon (sp) Rim?? It is just spectacular looking, really liked it a lot.:D NSF

AZKC
10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Would that be considered on the Mogollon (sp) Rim?? It is just spectacular looking, really liked it a lot.:D NSF
Nope not rim country, way off grid, no water really, but ya know in years to come who knows it might be the place to be:D

GHT
10-25-2007, 08:25 PM
It might double the value from $.01 to $.02 psf for raw land and maybe up to $.03 psf if there is a structure on the land.;)

HemiDude
10-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Just a bunch of HillBillys out there and some sandstoned..which one R U?:idea:
Cement Factory coming to Seligman. I wonder what this will do to Property Values. Its a nice get away out there.
http://expansionmanagement.com/smo/articleviewer/default.asp?cmd=articledetail&articleid=19115

ThongMagnet
10-25-2007, 09:08 PM
The water table is 1500 feet below the surface (all rock).
I believe all the water is trucked in (really). No water/No Sewer. There are some really nice homes out there, but can't believe someone would build a 4000sqft home, and have to truck in the water.:idea:

C-2
10-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Part of Mexico's conspiracy to take over the US!
Actually, I think cement factories in general tend to BRING DOWN the value of property, and the quality of life in the area they operate. The damage from constant trucking, the increased traffic, damage to the roadway, increased pollution of the trucks, and the draining of the underground aquifers (reservoirs).
TREE HUGGERS will be all over this before and after an EIR is issued.
Just ask anybody in Santa Clarita, or at least Google CEMEX and Soledad Canyon for a preview of what you might be in for.
Doesn't the endangered Rhinosspactalliriusetricycoplishemasapeis Toad live out there?:sqeyes:

PaPaG
10-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Well at least you can eat at the Road Kill Cafe, that place has great food even if you are eating Road Kill :D

BEER&WATER
10-26-2007, 04:15 AM
there must be somthing going on out there .
chip campbell from campbell redimix in havasu has spent the last year building a new rock and batch plant in hackberry..
here is some history on them http://www.lakehavasu.org/100607dubcampbell.pdf
there not a bunch of hick's

caroftheweek
10-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Part of Mexico's conspiracy to take over the US!
Actually, I think cement factories in general tend to BRING DOWN the value of property, and the quality of life in the area they operate. The damage from constant trucking, the increased traffic, damage to the roadway, increased pollution of the trucks, and the draining of the underground aquifers (reservoirs).
TREE HUGGERS will be all over this before and after an EIR is issued.
Just ask anybody in Santa Clarita, or at least Google CEMEX and Soledad Canyon for a preview of what you might be in for.
Doesn't the endangered Rhinosspactalliriusetricycoplishemasapeis Toad live out there?:sqeyes:
In CA i can understand.
this is AZ, I am pretty sure the state forgot Seligman was even up there:D
Shouldn't be a problem to the 13 people that live there.