PDA

View Full Version : Rod Stewart, out of the closet.....

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Who would have thought??? He made the cover of this months Model Railroader Magazine, the premier MR mag in the world, BTW.....his layout is an awesome 124'x23'...making it one of the largest layouts in the world, if not the largest for a private residence....way to go Rod...I look forward to picking up the issue tomarrow and taking a look at it....BTW, the trains in the pic are American prototypes...not bad, considering he is British....here is the cover pic.....
Also, here is a link to a British story on it....
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/editors-choice/2007/10/24/rod-stewart-s-train-set-dream-comes-true-86908-19999645/
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41942&stc=1&d=1193368073

Cheap Thrills
10-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah But does he have the "Patrick Swayze ("http://stage6.divx.com/Trailer-Park-Boys/video/1300717/S07-E04---Friends-Of-The-Road)" ? :D
T.

vee-driven
10-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Model trains, hahahaha.....i can picture it now, you sitting in a corner by yourself with a conducters hat on with some osh kosh overalls on making chooo chooo sounds. ROTFLMFAO

thatguy
10-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Chuck Norris can kick his ass. :D :eek: :D
Tommy

DeltaSigBoater
10-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Have sex with your really hot wife, or play with model trains? :idea:
No wonder Rachel Hunter and him are no longer together:eek:

OCMerrill
10-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Model trains, hahahaha.....i can picture it now, you sitting in a corner by yourself with a conducters hat on with some osh kosh overalls on making chooo chooo sounds. ROTFLMFAO
LMFAO!
:D
Model trains and Rod Stewart = 80's

Mrs. 20
10-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Wow. That's pretty cool.:)

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Ummm...theres 40 grand of trains in that pic...at the level he's playing at...he's a baller in the MR world....that layout?? In the millions...eat that...;)

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Focking foamers are nuts!!!! But hey, everyone has to have a hobby of some sort. The ones that I don't get are the employees, I won't mention any BNB names.
Ummm...theres 40 grand of trains in that pic...at the level he's playing at...he's a baller in the MR world....that layout?? In the millions...eat that...;)Foamer

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Focking foamers are nuts!!!! But hey, everyone has to have a hobby of some sort. The ones that I don't get are the employees, I won't mention any BNB names.
Foamer
Foamers chase trains, I have never ever chased a train unless I was getting paid to....like a postman taking a walk on his day off.....I model...and enjoy it...thank you:devil:
Some of my stuff at a recent train show....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41962&stc=1&d=1193376923

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Foamers chase trains, I have never ever chased a train unless I was getting paid to....like a postman taking a walk on his day off.....I model...and enjoy it...thank you:devil:
OK whistle dick:rolleyes:

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Some of my stuff at a recent train show....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41960&stc=1&d=1193376028
UP!!!??? Well, you know what they say, you can't spell stUpid without UP!

cdog
10-25-2007, 09:29 PM
:D What can ya say?

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Whistle dick, Whistle dick, neener neener, Whistle dick!

Boozer
10-25-2007, 09:34 PM
OK whistle dick:rolleyes:
I don't know what a foamer is, but I'm guessing this is some sort of inside train guy talk that the rest of the world isn't familiar with. Either way I'm getting the feeling that you are bashing on BnB because of his love for trains???
Wouldn't that be the same as bashing on someone because of their love for boats??

Sleeper CP
10-25-2007, 09:37 PM
:D :D LMAO
Ummm...theres 40 grand of trains in that pic...at the level he's playing at...he's a baller in the MR
world....that layout?? In the millions...eat that...;)
Millions ? I was just in a 7,000 sq. ft house in Rancho Santa FE that cost
$ 280 per sq. ft. to build(no land cost) :idea: That's $ 1,960,000.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 09:39 PM
I don't know what a foamer is, but I'm guessing this is some sort of inside train guy talk that the rest of the world isn't familiar with. Either way I'm getting the feeling that you are bashing on BnB because of his love for trains???
Wouldn't that be the same as bashing on someone because of their love for boats??
A foamer is one who foams at the mouth at the sight of a train. Foamers are frowned upon within the ranks of railroaders. That's the reason BNB said Rod was coming out of the closet, because he feels the same way about foamers. But he has a bit of a conflict happening because he is a closet foamer. Kind of like a self loathing jew. And I mean that in the most non anti semite way!

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Why, yes it would be....I could care less...it's a great hobby, lots of great folks, and great times....I wouldn't trade it for any other hobby...here is a video of a friend of mines layout. I'll be at his house tomarrow night operating on it...beautifull work of art. Based on teh Yosemite RR. A real life RR that ran from Merced, Ca. to El Portal, Ca. This was the hoppiing off point for visitors from around the world to go up to Yosemite...so teh RR did a nice passenger biz, plus a good amount of freight also....enjoy the video....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0FnxKIha24

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
A foamer is one who foams at the mouth at the sight of a train. Foamers are frowned upon within the ranks of railroaders. That's the reason BNB said Rod was coming out of the closet, because he feels the same way about foamers. But he has a bit of a conflict happening because he is a closet foamer. Kind of like a self loathing jew. And I mean that in the most non anti semite way!
At the sight of a real train, not a model, dope....get it right...:D I have no conflict..I can't stand real trains, but I dig the models...go figure...:D

vee-driven
10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Playing with toy trains on a friday night, heheheh.

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
At the sight of a real train, not a model, dope....get it right...:D I have no conflict..I can't stand real trains, but I dig the models...go figure...:D
Negative over. A foamer is a foamer is a foamer. You my friend are a whistle dick! Be proud, wear it like a badge of honor! Perhaps you can get a ds to come over and direct your model set up. I know one of the ds's from bakersfield is a foamer too.

Dream Chaser
10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
ok somebody has way too much time on thier hands

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
I could care less...
See, and I couldn't care less!

cdog
10-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Playing with toy trains on a friday night, heheheh.
I'd rather play pool.
If ya know what I mean.:D

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 09:54 PM
See Kachina, this is where the kid in you comes shining through...some of the nicest guys I ever met out there were foamers...when I was stopped somewhere, they would pull over and offer to get me and my conductor lunch,. and I remember an older couple who used to camp out in their motorhome at summit on Cajon on weekends, and bring out fresh home made cookies and milk to the crews if they got stopped up there....being a foamer is a good thing, at least in my book, and they are welcome on my train anytime...;)

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 09:59 PM
See Kachina, this is where the kid in you comes shining through...some of the nicest guys I ever met out there were foamers...when I was stopped somewhere, they would pull over and offer to get me and my conductor lunch,. and I remember an older couple who used to camp out in their motorhome at summit on Cajon on weekends, and bring out fresh home made cookies and milk to the crews if they got stopped up there....being a foamer is a good thing, at least in my book, and they are welcome on my train anytime...;)
The kid in me..... HE HE HE. They are hella nice folks! I have mailed them my BNSF calenders and hats. I chat with them from time to time as well. On my train, not a chance! I ain't losing my job for nobody!!!!! But all that don't change the fact that YOU ARE A FOAMER!!!!! FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER!!!! :D

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=Kachina26;2861056]The kid in me..... HE HE HE. They are hella nice folks! I have mailed them my BNSF calenders and hats. I chat with them from time to time as well. On my train, not a chance! I ain't losing my job for nobody!!!!!
Dork, you forgot I run Amtrak....and quit with the foamer shit, it's old....

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=Kachina26;2861056]The kid in me..... HE HE HE. They are hella nice folks! I have mailed them my BNSF calenders and hats. I chat with them from time to time as well. On my train, not a chance! I ain't losing my job for nobody!!!!!
Dork, you forgot I run Amtrak....and quit with the foamer shit, it's old....Not as old as you, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER, FOAMER!!

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=boatsnblondes;2861063]Not as old as you, FOAMER!!!!
Night kid....

Kachina26
10-25-2007, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=Kachina26;2861069]
Night kid....
G'night pops

Old Texan
10-26-2007, 05:16 AM
Maybe you dorks could roll some 12 sided dice to settle this dispute.
Must get awful booring running down those 2 rails.......:D

thatguy
10-26-2007, 05:49 AM
I think that Kachina is a "foamer's foamer", whatever the hell that is.
Seems a little pre-occupied foaming at an accused foamer. B&B.
Just about the most annoying word I've seen on the boards.
Tommy
BTW, B&B, Where is the Alaska Railroad engines in your display?
You, of all people, should know that it is not legit without them. :D

lakeluver
10-26-2007, 06:17 AM
He's been saying he'd rather have his layout in the pages of a model railroading rag than his pic on the cover of the Rolling Stone for years...it's a great hobby...one that I've been into for more than 20 years....I can't wait to read the article...

boatsnblondes
10-26-2007, 06:34 AM
It is a great hobby....model trains is a kind of hobby you have to experience to understand....but don't be surprised if ya get hooked. Most guys, like the guy I'm visiting tonight, try to not only recreate the LOOK of the original railroad, in this case, the Yosemite Valley RR. is LONG gone, but he also tries to recreate the operations of it also...ayy, and theres the rub...because he uses whats known as a "fastclock" you literally are working as fast as you can to do what needs to be done....
So lets look at it it....you leave Merced with 5 cars on your train, roll to the first town, where you set out 2 of them, but pick up 4, you need to switch out that town in certain amount of time, in order to keep on schedule...but how to do that?? What is the most efficiant way to get the job done?? Take this and multiply it times seven more times, for the number of towns he has on the layout, and you start to see how much fun it is. Each town is it's own puzzle. This is kind of what real rails have to decide every day, but it is the ultimate jigsaw puzzle, in a sense. It changes all the time, is never the same. In the bay area, there are dozens of layouts where the guys just flow around from one house to the next each month to operate....close knit group, lots of fun...great freindships...thats what it is all about....
Tommy, the Alaska railroad is a landlocked railroad, in other words, no other railroads can get into or out of Alaska to interchange with it. Because of that, it is not modeled a whole lot by guys....everything railwise that comes into or out of Alaska does so by barge...hope this helps....:D

boatsnblondes
10-26-2007, 06:35 AM
He's been saying he'd rather have his layout in the pages of a model railroading rag than his pic on the cover of the Rolling Stone for years...it's a great hobby...one that I've been into for more than 20 years....I can't wait to read the article...
What do you model?? Where do you live??

thatguy
10-26-2007, 06:46 AM
It is a great hobby....model trains is a kind of hobby you have to experience to understand....but don't be surprised if ya get hooked. Most guys, like the guy I'm visiting tonight, try to not only recreate the LOOK of the original railroad, in this case, the Yosemite Valley RR. is LONG gone, but he also tries to recreate the operations of it also...ayy, and theres the rub...because he uses whats known as a "fastclock" you literally are working as fast as you can to do what needs to be done....
So lets look at it it....you leave Merced with 5 cars on your train, roll to the first town, where you set out 2 of them, but pick up 4, you need to switch out that town in certain amount of time, in order to keep on schedule...but how to do that?? What is the most efficiant way to get the job done?? Take this and multiply it times seven more times, for the number of towns he has on the layout, and you start to see how much fun it is. Each town is it's own puzzle. This is kind of what real rails have to decide every day, but it is the ultimate jigsaw puzzle, in a sense. It changes all the time, is never the same. In the bay area, there are dozens of layouts where the guys just flow around from one house to the next each month to operate....close knit group, lots of fun...great freindships...thats what it is all about....
Tommy, the Alaska railroad is a landlocked railroad, in other words, no other railroads can get into or out of Alaska to interchange with it. Because of that, it is not modeled a whole lot by guys....everything railwise that comes into or out of Alaska does so by barge...hope this helps....:D
Yes, I know. I have relatives who work for A.R.
But, you could have the dock set up, with the barges and cranes. Add a whole new area of Sim-ops, so to speak.
Instead of just dropping and sidetracking, you would have barge management to contend with. Along with longshoreman strikes and everything!:D :eek::idea:
Tommy

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-26-2007, 06:48 AM
My husband digs trains. One year I made the mistake of telling him I want a little train around the Christmas tree. That then turned into model trains taking over our house and garage. Luckily, we started riding quads and needed the room in the garage so the train city had to go. :D
Its actually kind of cool. Some strange people in that hobby though. People get really into it. And the people that work at the train/hobby shops....they don't get out much ;)

boatsnblondes
10-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Yes, I know. I have relatives who work for A.R.
But, you could have the dock set up, with the barges and cranes. Add a whole new area of Sim-ops, so to speak.
Instead of just dropping and sidetracking, you would have barge management to contend with. Along with longshoreman strikes and everything!:D :eek::idea:
Tommy
Wow, I never thought of it that way....I'll get right on it....;)
Actually, I do what is known as a protolance railroad...i.e. a fictitious rr. that looks like it does exist....that way, I don't have to follow rules about which engines to use, etc. mine is a bridge route between the BNSF/UP, and the CP up in Canada....

Sleeper CP
10-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Wow must have been a slow night. You two children not getting along? Wow.
BnB, I met a guy that was an Engineer for SDIV(San Diego Imperial Valley) that actually got noticed while he was at the Model Railroad Museum here in San Diego's Balboa Park. Some one from SDIV noticed how he ran his schedule's and was very effecient on the system and asked him if he wanted to work on the Railroad for real.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Shreve"T"
10-26-2007, 07:11 AM
BNB Trains are cool and it is a very relaxing hobby.. I could go on for days...I wish there was more of the tRain hobby in my nic of the woods....LOVE IT..:D :D :D :D

Kachina26
10-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Wow must have been a slow night. You two children not getting along? Wow.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
Just trying to get his goat. I'm ready to give it back now, it ate a hole in the carpet :mad:

Poverty Case
10-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Hey Boatsnblonds, let me come to your rescue.
Glad to see even some of us come out of the closet with our hobbies. It seems that model railroading, real cars and boats, anything mechanical go together. I have found most model railroaders also have a clasic car to sidetrack their time. When weather is too hot or cold, I work on making new products for my business. I manufactur scale structures for the model railroad industry. http://www.pinecanyonscalemodels.com/
It does take a toll on the budget and time to have more than one hobby though. If the cost of gas gets too high, I may have to have a big sale and just play with my trains. Cheers to all and stay safe!:)

bocco
10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
So post up some railroad pics. Let's see your layouts.

lakeluver
10-26-2007, 10:45 AM
What do you model?? Where do you live??
Santa Fe (50's) and CN in N-scale..right down to the Kaydee couplers :)
I'm in Havasu...

Poverty Case
10-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Have not yet learned how to post pics on this site, but here is a link to my railroad. Or atleast part of it. It is a poor branchline set in the late 1950's still using steam and old railroad cars. Nearly a tourist train. http://www.pinecanyonscalemodels.com/pinecanyonrr.htm

boatsnblondes
10-26-2007, 02:58 PM
The ***boat model railroad club...I love it.....:D

DeltaSigBoater
10-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I'll be pulling the Christmas decorations out of the garage in several weeks, might have to set up my LGB Trains this year & snap some pics. :idea:
Havent messed around with those in like at least 10 years :D

Kachina26
10-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Just for the record, I was teasing BNB. It is common practice to harass foamers/railfans that are employees. I was merely trying to get a rise out of BNB. I have nothing against railfans, I understand everyone has to have a hobby. I kinda get what the RFs are into, but I'm not into it. I do enjoy waving to the RFs as I pass through town. I guess this is kind of an apology to those I may have offended in the process of razing BNB. Keep doing what you do.