PDA

View Full Version : The kids have been driving us nuts

GunninGopher
10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Our kids (4 y/o girl and 6 y/o boy) are too wild to keep penned up for 1 day, let alone a week. With the air quality the way it has been in San Diego all week, we can't let them out of the house to play. I'm sure everyone in So Cal can attest to just how awful the air is if you try to do anything outside for a while. My lungs started hurting after about 1/2 hour of loading the motorhome today.
Once my wife (a teacher) was informed that she didn't have to report this week we said, "let just get out of here." We decided in about 20 minutes to go to the river. We left the boat at home and will just be hanging out at Emerald Cove (Parker Strip) by the pool and fishing. We tied up loose ends and packed the motorhome in 1.5 hours and left at about 12:30. When we pulled in she took the kids to the playground while I waited to check in. I was told that there were 2 families here that lost their homes, so my condolences go out to them.
I'm starting to wish we had brought the boat but I had already winterized it and didn't want to spend the time getting it ready to go. I wanted a relaxing trip without having to get it ready and trailer it 500 miles, but now realize just how relaxing it would have been to be hanging at the sand bar without all the 30' cats and wakeboard boats running all around. I guess it would have delayed our departure by at least an hour and I would have slowed it down a little, and I was extremely anxious to arrive.
Our house has been in the evacuation area of Crest that has been showing up on the maps since Monday, but the fires never even got within 10 miles of our house. We never left and I'm a little ticked that the county STILL shows the evac area, even though everyone knows that the fires will not go there.
I'm really looking forward to having the kids run wild tomorrow. They have watched way too much TV this week. I had my first beer in a week when we arrived. I hadn't wanted to have anything in case I had to have a clear head. I plan on having a few more tomorrow.

vee-driven
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Rent a pontoon...problem solved.

GunninGopher
10-26-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm thinking about it. The water is nice and warm and it's going to be mid 90's today and tomorrow.
I wonder how much. Sucks to rent a boat when you have one, but "stupid is as stupid does!!"

vee-driven
10-26-2007, 10:15 AM
They arent that much to rent and now its the off season so you may get a better deal and being on the water is always better than staring at it, make the trip worth it and bite the bullet and take the family out on the water, everyone else is doin it.