PDA

View Full Version : *NEW* Under 26' CAT/V-Hull Insurance Program!!!

Wozencraft
10-25-2007, 09:59 PM
The wait is over! Just this week, we have rolled out a new HIGH PERFORMANCE, Under 26' Boat Insurance Program! We will insure Cats - Tunnels - V Hulls, with I/O's, Outboards & V-Drives...up to 120MPH!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
A-Rated Company. One we have been doing business with for 6 years.
Here is a sampling of boats that would fit into this program (all with moderate to BIG power!):
* 19' - 25' Eliminator Daytona's
* 22' Advantage Sport Cat's
* 19' Ultra Stealth
* 21' - 24' Laveycraft's
* 24' HTM (SR & SS)
* 22' Howard
* and many more
Here is the small print:
- Boats must be moored (stored) in Arizona all or part of the year. We must have an Arizona address, even if the address is a storage unit or a friends house for example. We can have a separate mailing address for the policy. Sometime next year in 2008 the program will be rolled out in other states.
- 15 yr max age of boat
- All other requirements are similar to our many other boat programs.
If you are interested, or if nobody else would insure your boat because it goes too fast (or it's a Cat), feel free to give me a call, email or PM. I am very pleased and excited to offer this LONG-AWAITED insurance program. Here is our contact:
714-263-2626 - Orange County, CA
928-680-6801 - Lake Havasu, AZ
310-480-4285 - Andy Holthe (ANDY01)
Thank you,
Devin Wozencraft
PS. With the introduction of this new program, please keep in mind that we are still in an early phase of a multi-state rollout and are actively gathering feedback. It is anticipated that some of the program’s rates and coverages will be further refined before the program is launched in other states on or about January 2008. I appreciate your understanding and feedback during this preliminary phase.

TOBTEK
10-25-2007, 10:21 PM
with this new program would a DCB Mach or F26 fit into the parameters? Mine was registered at the boats actual length of 25ft 8 ins. That may help help other owners.

77Eliminator
10-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Whats the age limit?

Wozencraft
10-25-2007, 11:29 PM
with this new program would a DCB Mach or F26 fit into the parameters? Mine was registered at the boats actual length of 25ft 8 ins. That may help help other owners.
Yes, I have quite a few clients with the DCB 26'. It has caused some problems in the past with the actual length coming in at 25' 8". However, this new program would accommodate the DCB 26' very well (even w/ twin outboards).
I will give you a call tomorrow at the number you supplied. Please PM me if there is a preferred time.
Thanks for your inquire!
Devin Wozencraft

Wozencraft
10-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Whats the age limit?
Up to 15 years old, '92 models forward. That is the plans for now. It could change in the future if the company doesn't get hit with too many losses.
Thanks.
Devin

Wozencraft
10-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Great, splain to us how this "new program" helps all the 19->21 jets on the lower river.
"No exposed engines or O/T exhaust."
Maybe you could explain the difference between a 21 Daytona, Twinturbo 1200 hp that's covered and a 21 Daytona, blown with ot's that isn"t covered.
All you got for a difference is a minor header burn on the uninsurable boat but possibly a large fire on the insurable boat. I just know there's a good explaination but it escapes me at the moment.
Rio
Hello Rio. Firstly, please know that though your questions are very valid, I am not the insurance company (authority) who makes the decisions. However, I recently have spoken with a number of underwriters at insurance companies on this topic. I have been told that we may get an unofficial answer to this question in the forum, but still waiting.
This topic has come up many times in this Insurance Section. Here is another thread where I gave an opinion on O/T headers/exhaust.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158080
Please let me know if I may help further. BTW, I CAN insure v-hulls under 26' with O/T exhaust back 19 years...if that helps. :)
Devin Wozencraft

revndave
10-26-2007, 06:34 AM
Great, splain to us how this "new program" helps all the 19->21 jets on the lower river.
"No exposed engines or O/T exhaust."
Maybe you could explain the difference between a 21 Daytona, Twinturbo 1200 hp that's covered and a 21 Daytona, blown with ot's that isn"t covered.
All you got for a difference is a minor header burn on the uninsurable boat but possibly a large fire on the insurable boat. I just know there's a good explaination but it escapes me at the moment.
Rio
I think its the possibly of getting burned on motor or exhaust.

TOBTEK
10-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Yes, I have quite a few clients with the DCB 26'. It has caused some problems in the past with the actual length coming in at 25' 8". However, this new program would accommodate the DCB 26' very well (even w/ twin outboards).
I will give you a call tomorrow at the number you supplied. Please PM me if there is a preferred time.
Thanks for your inquire!
Devin Wozencraft
no need to call thanks..... I sold my F26. was just thinking for all the others that have them.

Robbie Racer
10-26-2007, 07:23 AM
It sounds like this program would work for my 25'-7" Carrera tunnel IF I lived and or stored the boat in AZ. Please keep us advised when it's available for boaters that keep their boats stored in CA. RR

Wozencraft
10-26-2007, 07:39 AM
It sounds like this program would work for my 25'-7" Carrera tunnel IF I lived and or stored the boat in AZ. Please keep us advised when it's available for boaters that keep their boats stored in CA. RR
It may still work for you if the boat is kept in Arizona part-time. I just sent you a PM.
Thanks.
Devin Wozencraft

cyclone
10-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Hello Rio. Firstly, please know that though your questions are very valid, I am not the insurance company (authority) who makes the decisions. However, I recently have spoken with a number of underwriters at insurance companies on this topic. I have been told that we may get an unofficial answer to this question in the forum, but still waiting.
This topic has come up many times in this Insurance Section. Here is another thread where I gave an opinion on O/T headers/exhaust.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158080
Please let me know if I may help further. BTW, I CAN insure v-hulls under 26' with O/T exhaust back 19 years...if that helps. :)
Devin Wozencraft
ok this makes no sense. I can get insurance on a v-bottom boat with o/t exhaust but not a tunnel boat with o/t exhaust? what's the difference?
what if my boat isn't a true tunnel? mine has a center pod.

Wozencraft
10-26-2007, 12:03 PM
ok this makes no sense. I can get insurance on a v-bottom boat with o/t exhaust but not a tunnel boat with o/t exhaust? what's the difference?
what if my boat isn't a true tunnel? mine has a center pod.
The company I use to write older V-Drives, Flat-bottoms, etc. just doesn't want any cat or tunnel hulls. Regardless of the length. They once did insure cat/tunnel hulls, but I was told they lost money with these risks and discontinued (hearsay).
I truly understand your frustration. This new boat insurance program doesn't take care of everyone. However, it does meet a greater area of coverage for boats under 26'.
Devin Wozencraft

cyclone
10-26-2007, 03:25 PM
The company I use to write older V-Drives, Flat-bottoms, etc. just doesn't want any cat or tunnel hulls. Regardless of the length. They once did insure cat/tunnel hulls, but I was told they lost money with these risks and discontinued (hearsay).
I truly understand your frustration. This new boat insurance program doesn't take care of everyone. However, it does meet a greater area of coverage for boats under 26'.
Devin Wozencraft
am i missing something here? you can insure a cat under 26-feet but not with o/t exhaust. you can insure a v-bottom with o/t exhaust. But you can't insure a cat with o/t?
that makes no sense. has anyone ever gotten a straight answer as to why this is or even eplained to the insurance companies how ludicrous it is?

Rocket-J
10-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Devin.
Keep me posted on the rates this new company has. Tell me if it saves money or not. Al

Wozencraft
10-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Devin.
Keep me posted on the rates this new company has. Tell me if it saves money or not. Al
Hello Al, nice to hear from you! I have your information in your file at the office. I'll take a look into this new program and get back to you.
Devin

dschifan
10-28-2007, 03:48 PM
i have a 2000 mach26 with twinn 300 ouboards, i am 24 years old, clean driving record. boat is stored in willow valley, Arizona. what kinda premium? thanks

jackpunx
10-29-2007, 07:07 AM
is this considerd exposed?..
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df38b3127cce96e882fb018200000016108BZt3DRq2aI

Wozencraft
10-29-2007, 04:27 PM
is this considerd exposed?..
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df38b3127cce96e882fb018200000016108BZt3DRq2aI
I just checked with our underwriters in regards to insuring your boat...I emailed them your picture. They said that they WILL insure your boat in this new program! Please let me know if you would like me to work up a proposal. PM me your contact info. or call me at your convenience.
Thanks for the inquire.
Devin Wozencraft
714-263-2626

UltraBigDaddy
11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
H Devin.
I sent you an e-mail and I just received a mesage from an Insurance writer in Tustin ca. Do you supply the insurance or are you sending the info out to other insuarance agents/Brokers?
Hurst

Wozencraft
11-01-2007, 08:45 PM
H Devin.
I sent you an e-mail and I just received a mesage from an Insurance writer in Tustin ca. Do you supply the insurance or are you sending the info out to other insuarance agents/Brokers?
Hurst
Hello Hurst, that was us. I had one of my staff members, Nathan contact you. I had to leave the office early today and wanted to get back with you ASAP. I will be in tomorrow (Friday) all day. Our number is: 714-263-2626.
Look forward to speaking with you.
Devin Wozencraft

Wozencraft
11-09-2007, 01:56 PM
This just in...
Today I have spoken with our underwriters at the insurance company. I just clarified that we now CAN insure boats with exposed engines AND over/transom exhaust/headers!!!
This is great news for our clients with V-Drives, twin-turbos, jets, etc. Please let us know if we can assist with your insurance needs.
714-263-2626 - Orange County, CA
928-680-6801 - Lake Havasu, AZ
Thank you.
Devin Wozencraft