PDA

View Full Version : To be perfectly honest

Cigalert
10-26-2007, 06:40 AM
It's settling in and I'm literally chitting my pants right now. I just put a deposit down yesterday on a new boat. I keep flopping from "I can afford it" to "Why am I buying this thing". Going from a $35k boat to a $100k boat is seriously freaking me out. It's not the affordability it's the priciple of spending that much. I used to work 2 jobs to afford an apartment and a little del taco and now it's no big deal to throw big money at something I'll be able to use about once a month. UGH_(#)!@*&#(!*@$@#%)(!!!!!!!!!!
I keep thinking about the housing market, oil prices, my daughter going to a good college, having my wife stay home full time...
And then move right into thoughts of my daughter already is already more financially set than me, ripping across the water, my wife says she likes working her 2 days a week, the sound of the motor, family time on the water...
FUGGGAKCAKAKAAAA
Please tell me more people have felt the way I do.

wright27
10-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Many many times, followed by regret, usually.:D
Congrats and enjoy the new bill, sorry I mean boat.:D

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2007, 06:43 AM
I've found that if you drink more, your issues don't go away...
...but you won't care as much.
:messedup:

Jbb
10-26-2007, 06:44 AM
It's only money.....and you cant take it with you....I suggest you start drinking heavily ....Immediately....:D

Cigalert
10-26-2007, 06:45 AM
It's only money.....and you cant take it with you....I suggest you start drinking heavily ....Immediately....:D
The positive...my wife is a bartender
The negative...she's working tonight and I have the baby
Have to wait until Sunday to start forgetting what I did.

wright27
10-26-2007, 06:52 AM
So what did you buy?

scarabrick2
10-26-2007, 06:54 AM
I'll be the first on to say,
This thread is worthless without PICTURES of
Both Boat and wife :D :D :D

justfloatn
10-26-2007, 06:55 AM
I understand, but I still have the 30K boat that I could only sell for 20K.
I have been looking at a 25' Daytona and can't stop myself from thinking,
What a 100K! My first house was 89K and gave me a place to live and sleep; plus made me 65K in profit. Now you tell me this chunk of fiberglass with one motor is worth 100K and in five years will be worth 50K. Screw you...:mad:
But no matter what I do to fix up my little boat. It's still not a Daytona..FUK!
I'll let you know in Spring 09 if I feel the way you do:D
And one more thing, How do you get your wife to work two days a week:confused:

Caribbean Jet
10-26-2007, 06:58 AM
It's settling in and I'm literally chitting my pants right now. I just put a deposit down yesterday on a new boat. I keep flopping from "I can afford it" to "Why am I buying this thing". Going from a $35k boat to a $100k boat is seriously freaking me out. It's not the affordability it's the priciple of spending that much. I used to work 2 jobs to afford an apartment and a little del taco and now it's no big deal to throw big money at something I'll be able to use about once a month. UGH_(#)!@*&#(!*@$@#%)(!!!!!!!!!!
I keep thinking about the housing market, oil prices, my daughter going to a good college, having my wife stay home full time...
And then move right into thoughts of my daughter already is already more financially set than me, ripping across the water, my wife says she likes working her 2 days a week, the sound of the motor, family time on the water...
FUGGGAKCAKAKAAAA
Please tell me more people have felt the way I do.
We just went through the same thing with our new motorhome. It went away as soon as we used it for the first time. Enjoy the new boat.

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Better listen to him- he's in "pre-med". (http://www.acmewebpages.com/midi/blutoadv.wav)
:D

bigq
10-26-2007, 07:03 AM
As long as you make 400k or are paying cash who cares.

dirty old man
10-26-2007, 07:08 AM
If a hundred grand is big money in your world, you are in trouble

thatguy
10-26-2007, 07:10 AM
I understand, but I still have the 30K boat that I could only sell for 20K.
I have been looking at a 25' Daytona and can't stop myself from thinking,
What a 100K! My first house was 89K and gave me a place to live and sleep; plus made me 65K in profit. Now you tell me this chunk of fiberglass with one motor is worth 100K and in five years will be worth 50K. Screw you...:mad:
But no matter what I do to fix up my little boat. It's still not a Daytona..FUK!
I'll let you know in Spring 09 if I feel the way you do:D
And one more thing, How do you get your wife to work two days a week:confused:
Quit trying to BS us! By 09 you will have traded up to a 32' Cat.
Your boat payment should be AT LEAST twice what your mortgage is.
Congrats, BTW. I'm at the point of selling off the flattie and the Miller and going to the baller boats.
Tommy

Cigalert
10-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Since you asked I'll admit, I've joined the club. I was jumped into weekly regatta gang.
Rigging starts monday.
http://www.sleekcraft.com/currentinv/28-32/images/consignment032_000.jpg
The wife and baby
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/cigalert/Baby/RileyandMichele.jpg
If a hundred grand is big money in your world, you are in trouble
You're right, I would be in trouble if a 100k was a big deal to me.
And one more thing, How do you get your wife to work two days a week
I don't get her to...she wants to...good woman I guess.

OCMerrill
10-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Well congrats to you. Looks very nice.
Our Lavey is older and next year ( as long as my business continues to grow) we will be swaping out the old. I am sure I will tackle all the same what if's.
JBB says it well. :D
Again, good for you.

BadKachina
10-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Since you asked I'll admit, I've joined the club. I was jumped into weekly regatta gang.
Rigging starts monday.
http://www.sleekcraft.com/currentinv/28-32/images/consignment032_000.jpg
The wife and baby
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/cigalert/Baby/RileyandMichele.jpg
You're right, I would be in trouble if a 100k was a big deal to me.
I don't get her to...she wants to...good woman I guess.
Damn, I would think if your married to Sandra Bullock you could afford more than a Magic deck boat.:rolleyes: :D :D
She does have that resemblance doesn't she?
Anyhow I'm doing the same thing you are right now. I made a deal with a HB member and should have it squared away next week. I'll have two boats but one is paid for..........Hopefully I sell it this spring. But like you said, I sit here thinking do I really need to do this? Is it necessary to buy a new (to me ) boat? We'll I guess the answer is if you can afford it, then do it. It's only money, if it was meant to hold on to it would have handles on it. Now I'll own 2 boats and 7 cars....................I'm just building up my empire.:)

bigq
10-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Damn, I would think if your married to Sandra Bullock you could afford more than a Magic deck boat.:rolleyes: :D :D
She does have that resemblance doesn't she?
Anyhow I'm doing the same thing you are right now. I made a deal with a HB member and should have it squared away next week. I'll have two boats but one is paid for..........Hopefully I sell it this spring. But like you said, I sit here thinking do I really need to do this? Is it necessary to buy a new (to me ) boat? We'll I guess the answer is if you can afford it, then do it. It's only money, if it was meant to hold on to it would have handles on it. Now I'll own 2 boats and 7 cars....................I'm just building up my empire.:)
I have been thinking the same thing about some guys yellow Kachina:D
May be sold before I convince my wife we "need" it;)