PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Batting Cages

lalhc
10-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Are there any batting cages in Havasu? I need to find something for my kids to do today. We've already been bowling and went to the movies. Both my kids play baseball and one is playing winter ball right now. I would like for him to get some work in while we're evacuated here in Havasu.

Quest4Fun
10-26-2007, 09:54 AM
There are batting cages being built out at Sara Park, but they are not finished yet. You are more than welcome to go out and use the baseball fields today, if you want to pitch to them. There will be two Little League Winterball games out there tonight at 6:00 if you want to go watch.

lalhc
10-26-2007, 10:01 AM
I grabbed my boys baseball bags, but I left my bucket of baseballs behind :mad: but perhaps I can go buy some at Big 5. Do you know if I will have any problems using the baseball fields at the high school this afternoon? My house is on the North side of town and the high school is a lot closer than Sara Park.
Thanks

Quest4Fun
10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm not sure about the high school, I know they have a winterball team and I don't know when they practice or how they would feel about you using the fields while school is in session.
There is a field on the Island that you could probably use during the day and there are fields at Rotary Park.

clownpuncher
10-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Just wondering, now that I see you're evacuated, how long you'll be away from home? Do you know the status of you house/neighborhood?
Sad days for sure, hope everything works for y'all

lalhc
10-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the info - I wouldn't use the high school field during school hours. I need a large field for my 13 yr old to pitch, because he pitches from 60 feet.

Quest4Fun
10-26-2007, 10:18 AM
The only field in town, other than the high school that I know of at 60 feet is at Sara Park field #4. I'll send you a PM if you want to call me for more info.

lalhc
10-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Just wondering, now that I see you're evacuated, how long you'll be away from home? Do you know the status of you house/neighborhood?
Sad days for sure, hope everything works for y'all
We've been evacuated since Monday, and we're hopeful we'll be able to return by Monday. The manadatory evacuation for Crestline was just lifted today to a voluntary stage. We're hoping they will do the same for Lake Arrowhead in the next couple of days. Running Springs is probably going to be another week. My house & neighborhood are all in-tack. The fire started about 2 miles from my home and the winds pushed it away from the beginning.
The sad part of returning is learning about all your friends that lost their homes.

HocusPocus
10-26-2007, 10:29 AM
take them to the water park place.... my kids always enjoy going there, they like the slide and when the wave making things kicks on.

lalhc
10-26-2007, 10:30 AM
The only field in town, other than the high school that I know of at 60 feet is at Sara Park field #4. I'll send you a PM if you want to call me for more info.
I can't believe this town does not have an indoor area for batting and instructional practice. I may have found a business opp here. I could open up a batting cage w/room for professional batting & pitching instruction and even maybe add a small gym.