PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!!!!!!!! Havasu !!!!!!!!!!!

scarabrick2
10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
No one knows anyone in Havasu who can CUSTOM TUNE a MOTOR ?????
I know its Friday !! but I don't need it today !!!!!
WITH All the HIGH HP motors in Havasu I'm sure someone knows a person who can MODIFY a program on a mefi 3 merc comp. Program is in , just have to fine tune it.

Kilrtoy
10-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Savage Marine,
AJ can do anything
1-928-680-6202

shippingguy
10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Savage Marine,
AJ can do anything
1-928-680-6202
I second this. Call Savage and talk to AJ. He will be able to tune it.

HM
10-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Just put the motor on kill, and call it a day. :D

INSman
10-26-2007, 10:44 AM
If AJ can't, try Aaron at Absolute ;)

That Guy
10-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Aaron at Absolute Speed and Marine....928 855-2252
Great guy and great work....good luck..:)

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah I second the thoughts. I would think Savage or Absolute can do it. Aaron and Brian at Absolute have always been great to deal with.

McIntyrelocal
10-26-2007, 11:03 AM
its worth the drive,ron at bad attitude boats in parker.

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2007, 11:32 AM
WITH All the HIGH HP motors in Havasu I'm sure someone knows a person who can MODIFY a program on a mefi 3 merc comp. Program is in , just have to fine tune it.
I'm guessing you'll need a Merc certified shop that has the Merc software?
Good luck.

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm guessing you'll need a Merc certified shop that has the Merc software?
Good luck.
Absolute is Merc certified.

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Absolute is Merc certified.
Yes...one of the few.
EFI is not everyone's cup of tea. I guess Kilrtoy had his blown big block EFI motors tuned at Savage, so they probably do it as well.

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes...one of the few.
EFI is not everyone's cup of tea. I guess Kilrtoy had his blown big block EFI motors tuned at Savage, so they probably do it as well.
Next time warn me. I don't want to get spat on when Kilrtoy reads this.

SummitKarl
10-26-2007, 11:54 AM
check your PM's, your covered:D

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Next time warn me. I don't want to get spat on when Kilrtoy reads this.
Too late.
Since Savage "can do anything"...can they map that EFI while cooking a pork tenderloin with a raspberry glaze?

shippingguy
10-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Yes...one of the few.
Kilr has not, but since they are a Teague certified warranty reapir facility I have had my Teague 800 tuned there.

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Kilr has not, but since they are a Teague certified warranty reapir facility I have had my Teague 800 tuned there.
Then you reccomend them for mapping a Merc EFI?

shippingguy
10-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Then you reccomend them for mapping a Merc EFI?
My bad. Should have read more closely I did not see that it was Merc. I stand corrected I would go to a Merc Certified Facility:)

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 12:31 PM
My bad. Should have read more closely I did not see that it was Merc. I stand corrected I would go to a Merc Certified Facility:)
Which would be Absolute. It's okay you can say it. Ab-sol-ute. :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm not trying to say Savage can't do it, I honestly don't know many shops that mess with it. Most I know send it out to AZ Speed and Marine...which doesn't help this poor guy trying to get his EFI tuned today.

shippingguy
10-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Which would be Absolute. It's okay you can say it. Ab-sol-ute. :D
Hey now I am not against Absolute at all. If Savage closed their doors Absolute would be my next choice. Everybody has their flaws.:D

shippingguy
10-26-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm not trying to say Savage can't do it, I honestly don't know many shops that mess with it. Most I know send it out to AZ Speed and Marine...which doesn't help this poor guy trying to get his EFI tuned today.
Me neither. That is why sometimes it is nice jsut to stick with the old school carb setup. Sometimes new technology is more of a headache:D

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey now I am not against Absolute at all. If Savage closed their doors Absolute would be my next choice. Everybody has their flaws.:D
I know. I was just being funny. I too would go to Savage if Absolute closed their doors.

Kilrtoy
10-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Seeing in all how I have watched AJ fine tune Merc 1075's on a few occasions, Im pretty sure he can handle this job. Jeff please take your pills and let it go, Kroozin does not even own the boat anymore so he wont be needing an MSD box...., But he does own Absolute

OGShocker
10-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Seeing in all how I have watched AJ fine tune Merc 1075's on a few occasions, Im pretty sure he can handle this job. Jeff please take your pills and let it go, Kroozin does not even own the boat anymore so he wont be needing an MSD box...., But he does own Absolute
I hear a lot of good things about both shops!
I'll bet if the first name out of the gate started with an "A" this thread would be a sticky by now.:D
Well, there I go, whining again...:rolleyes:

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I hear a lot of good things about both shops!
I'll bet if the first name out of the gate started with an "A" this thread would be a sticky by now.:D
Well, there I go, whining again...:rolleyes:
It was. AJ at Savage. Now you owe me a case of beer. :D

OGShocker
10-26-2007, 01:01 PM
It was. AJ at Savage. Now you owe me a case of beer. :D
On it's way via Fed Ex!!!
:D

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 01:02 PM
On it's way via Fed Ex!!!
:D
Just for that I'm putting some bogus charges on your weekly bill. They will be dim weight charges and the dimensions will be similar to a metal pipe. :D

BDMar
10-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Merc does not supply Merc dealers with software that can modify the Merc MEFI ECU. There are aftermarket programs available but I am not aware of anyone in Havasu that does this.

OGShocker
10-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Just for that I'm putting some bogus charges on your weekly bill. They will be dim weight charges and the dimensions will be similar to a metal pipe. :D
Get your facts straight. It was Aluminium and it was bar stock! :D
Have a great weekend!
UPS Rocks!!!

OGShocker
10-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Merc does not supply Merc dealers with software that can modify the Merc MEFI ECU. There are aftermarket programs available but I am not aware of anyone in Havasu that does this.
Don't start throwing facts around in here!

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2007, 05:32 PM
OK...Mr. "Internet Tough Guy"...why are your little panties in a wad? Why do you whine so much?
Now, I want you to listen closely. I want you to use both of your IQ points, and search this thread for anything I said negative about Savage?
Can you do that, Cupcake?
:notam:

soupersonic
10-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I have the software, a laptop and an A/F meter. You need to have bung welded in the header for the A/F meter.Also you need to know who put the tune in it thats there now.Most of the tuners password their stuff and you have to erase it all start over,so you have to have base programs to upload to start with. Dont let anyone send your ECM off to be calibrated.They are flat out guessing at best.The only way to tune it is on the dyno or with the A/F meter in the boat.

Keith E. Sayre
10-27-2007, 11:14 AM
ditto soupersonic

mbrown2
10-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes...one of the few.
LMAO....I am with you....I have never witnessed any of these Havi shops with laptops doing fuel maps on the computers... Although I would not take a boat to him, if you want tune your EFI, go to Gary Teague.....I would not do it in Havasu......

Kilrtoy
10-27-2007, 03:17 PM
OK...Mr. "Internet Tough Guy"...why are your little panties in a wad? Why do you whine so much?
Now, I want you to listen closely. I want you to use both of your IQ points, and search this thread for anything I said negative about Savage?
Can you do that, Cupcake?
:notam:
And to think all this time I thought only WOMEN had periods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!