PDA

View Full Version : Company promotion ideas

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Anyone have good suggestions for company promotion ideas besides t-shirts and coffee mugs? What are some of the coolest things you have gotten/received?

MADDOG355
10-26-2007, 12:24 PM
I like the spark plug gappers that go on a keyring, and can cozies are always great.
It would help to know what indistry, so it could be geared more toward your target group.

Silver
10-26-2007, 12:29 PM
A cooler for your lunch. had it for years.

ChumpChange
10-26-2007, 12:31 PM
The wife's parents do this stuff. They have a giant catalog of things corporations put their name on. What type of business?
I always like golf balls.

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 12:38 PM
http://collection.cexppm.com/
Here is a lot of the stuff we give out. The smaller items anyway. Stuff for kids is always good if the customer has kids. Stuff that goes on their desk is cool as then your product is always visible in their minds. Stuff that will actually be used daily or at least frequently and has your logo. Golf stuff for the golfers but the balls are hit and miss as the better golfers have a preference and drunk golfers like me could care less. I've got a trunk full of stuff so if you have any questions let me know.

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 12:52 PM
My brother-in-law takes all the guys to havasu for a week of fun/boating in the sun, he (the company pays for all), he has also for a bonus given his supervisors a pool for thier home, a boat, and various other high dollar gifts of appreciation.
His christmas parties for the company are second to none, everything is paid for, food, booze, hotel rooms.
He works em hard but they are rewarded handsomely !!! Way to go bro & sis !!!, My sister is a whiz a functions planning.
Does he need any good supervisors? :D

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-26-2007, 12:55 PM
We wholesale semiconductors to OEM's and contract manufacturers.
I want something with a shelf life. The lunch cooler is strong because as you said, you've used it for years.

bunny 166
10-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I know it sounds kinda wierd, but I got a really nice golf-size umbrella monogrammed with my initials. I use it whenever it rains because it's big enough for me and the kids to fit under....You could just put the company logo on instead of people's names....I liked it alot.

Troubles No More
10-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Anyone have good suggestions for company promotion ideas besides t-shirts and coffee mugs? What are some of the coolest things you have gotten/received?
Money
The best things in life are free
But you can keep them for the birds and bees
Now give me money
That's what I want
That's what I want, yeah
That's what I want
You're lovin' gives me a thrill
But you're lovin' don't pay my bills
Now give me money
That's what I want
That's what I want, yeah
That's what I want
Money don't get everything it's true
What it don't get, I can't use
Now give me money
That's what I want
That's what I want, yeah
That's what I want, wah
Money don't get everything it's true
What it don't get, I can't use
Now give me money
That's what I want
That's what I want, yeah
That's what I want
Well now give me money
Ow, money
Wow, yeah, I wanna be free
Oh I want money
That's what I want
That's what I want, well
Now give me money
ow, money
Wow, yeah, you need money
now, give me money
That's what I want, yeah
that's what I want, yeah

justfloatn
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
I had a body shop give me a NICE solid aluminum travel coffee mug that I used for 5+ years until I left it on the back of my truck.
Not one of those P.O.S. plastic inside with aluminum outer ones. Spend the extra money on a quality gift and it will get used.

OGShocker
10-26-2007, 01:34 PM
1 gig USB drives... $5.00 or so.
Poker cards go over big.
Personalized condoms are a hit. You just need to know your customer base.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-26-2007, 01:39 PM
I had a body shop give me a NICE solid aluminum travel coffee mug that I used for 5+ years until I left it on the back of my truck.
Not one of those P.O.S. plastic inside with aluminum outer ones. Spend the extra money on a quality gift and it will get used.
That is a good idea.
Or I could just toss your avatar out there see how they respond.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-26-2007, 01:40 PM
My brother-in-law takes all the guys to havasu for a week of fun/boating in the sun, he (the company pays for all), he has also for a bonus given his supervisors a pool for thier home, a boat, and various other high dollar gifts of appreciation.
His christmas parties for the company are second to none, everything is paid for, food, booze, hotel rooms.
He works em hard but they are rewarded handsomely !!! Way to go bro & sis !!!, My sister is a whiz a functions planning.
These are incentives/rewards for staff. i am looking into schwag for my customers.
Just out of curiosity, what industry are they in?

justfloatn
10-26-2007, 01:45 PM
That is a good idea.
Or I could just toss your avatar out there see how they respond.
That's it. Company name facing out and the avatar facing me!:D

Wavemaker
10-26-2007, 02:42 PM
A large company I used to work for did the usual golf shirts, t-shirts, baseball hats but the best things over the years were:
Jackets-from Port Authority (hood in collar for rain), medium weight with embroydered company logo on left breast area, (not too large of logo size) These were a real hit!
Sheatshirts with company logo. A real hit with the large manufacturing department workers! Great for cold days. Yes, the shop is heated and air conditioned. Gets cold when the big shipping doors would open for forklifts etc.
Backpack- good grade of nylon material weather resistant. We use this on the boat to hold stuff, sort of a boat-bag. (Hate people's stuff all under foot or all over seats of the boat).
Travel Organizer- for travel size toiletries. Very useful. Used mine alot when on company travel.
Pencil / Pen Holders, Portfolio / Tablet with calculator, business card holder / Notepads (Post-it holders), keeps desks neat, good for use on travel or in meetings.
Golf Divet tool, golf balls, ball markers, Golf towels- the golfers all wanted these items.
Leather brief case, with zipper type closure, with 2 handles. Good for carrying some files, portfolio / tablet, also has three or four compartments or pockets. Good for meetings and travel. Mine would also carry my lap-top and a few accessories. Easy carry-on for short trips.
Just a few ideas for you. Hope this helps.

BrendellaJet
10-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I want something with a shelf life. The lunch cooler is strong because as you said, you've used it for years.
Whats the name of the business? I worked in that industry for a few years...Probably for a local competitor...

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Whats the name of the business? I worked in that industry for a few years...Probably for a local competitor...
Pac-West Micro...
Who'd you work for?

BrendellaJet
10-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Pac-West Micro...
Who'd you work for?
Aztec Components

SummitKarl
10-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Hmmmm...Digi-key or Mouser:D
1 f electrolytic Cap powered flash light
Pot tweekers
personelized VOM's or probe sets
nut drivers for DB connectors
ESD coffee mug
ESD mouse pad or keyboard pad
eye loops
oh and pitch guages or leed combs

Daddy_G
10-26-2007, 03:22 PM
The key to any promo item is to get the recipient to remember your company when they use it! I found that a catchy slogan corresponding to the item is a good way to do that.
Our real estate company has done.....
Those little rubber jar openers with "Get a Grip on Home Ownership"
Frisbee: " A whole new spin on real estate.
Tote bag: "Service and Savings are in the bag"
Coozies: "Keepin' things Cool"
Swiss army knife: "On the Cutting Edge of Real Estate"
Stop me - I gotta million of 'em! ;)

OutCole'd
10-26-2007, 03:29 PM
The key to any promo item is to get the recipient to remember your company when they use it! I found that a catchy slogan corresponding to the item is a good way to do that.
Our real estate company has done.....
Those little rubber jar openers with "Get a Grip on Home Ownership"
Frisbee: " A whole new spin on real estate.
Tote bag: "Service and Savings are in the bag"
Coozies: "Keepin' things Cool"
Swiss army knife: "On the Cutting Edge of Real Estate"
Stop me - I gotta million of 'em! ;)
I like those. I always thought if I did something like that, I'd do "Supplying Trim to Las Vegas for over 10 years".

Daddy_G
10-26-2007, 03:39 PM
I like those. I always thought if I did something like that, I'd do "Supplying Trim to Las Vegas for over 10 years".
LMFAO - Freekin' Bill! :D
Actually I think I saw that on the back of a cab advertising for "Hunny's House o' Whores"! :D :D :D

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Hmmmm...Digi-key or Mouser:D
1 f electrolytic Cap powered flash light
Pot tweekers
personelized VOM's or probe sets
nut drivers for DB connectors
ESD coffee mug
ESD mouse pad or keyboard pad
eye loops
oh and pitch guages or leed combs
Thats some sexy stuff right there!!!