PDA

View Full Version : House alarms...

River918
10-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Anyone here have the hook-up? Live in the Whittier area and would like to have one installed. I really don't want the monthly service thing, just a key pad at the front door and motion sensors in all the rooms with a loud ass alarm....
Thanks,

Chubby4Life
10-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Anyone here have the hook-up? Live in the Whittier area and would like to have one installed. I really don't want the monthly service thing, just a key pad at the front door and motion sensors in all the rooms with a loud ass alarm....
Thanks,
My brother is the DM for Brinks in Industry. He helped me do mine, if you want I'll ask him if he's interested in a side job.

talkinghead
10-26-2007, 05:38 PM
You can buy all sorts of sensors at Lowes/HD.
Myself I bought $5 vibration and movement detectors.
They work.

Outnumbered
10-26-2007, 07:03 PM
I have had great luck with Brinks in 3 houses but they require monitoring. If you want a cheap/basic system with no monitoring check out Laser Shield. I have no idea if it is any good, but it is cheap. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11112456&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|4802&N=4001405&Mo=14&pos=6&No=14&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4802&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC3-Cat79&topnav=

Havasu1986
10-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks,
Kinda defeats the purpose when you are gone. I have the burglar and smoke detectors at my house in Havasu and Yorba Linda with ADT. I feel safe knowing that whatever house I'm at, I have some sense of security. The install fee is a little expensive, but the monthly is about $30. ;)

Baja Big Dog
10-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Kinda defeats the purpose when you are gone. I have the burglar and smoke detectors at my house in Havasu and Yorba Linda with ADT. I feel safe knowing that whatever house I'm at, I have some sense of security. The install fee is a little expensive, but the monthly is about $30. ;)
What he said!!!:confused:

Parker Dreamin
10-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Protection One is who we have, install is free if you sign up for two years.... it is like buying a car, you can work the price on the extra sensors and monthly fees.

dmontzsta
10-27-2007, 07:12 AM
I have Brinks at my office and at home, they rock.