PDA

View Full Version : Propylene Oxide

whiteworks
10-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Back in the early 90's my freind was racing jet skis professionally. We breifly experimented with this additive with two results #1 major power and RPM increase #2 some of the most amazing shrapnel I have ever seen. Have any of you guys played around with this stuff and if so how did it work out for you?

YeLLowBoaT
10-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't think I would mess with that stuff in a boat...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_oxide
the boiling point is a little bit low. 93.2* F(34*C)

10-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Couldn't be near as bad as Hydrazine. That shit was used in the 60s and was so unstable that could exploded in the can, tech officals didn't have to look far for the problem as there usually was a crater in the pits where it once was......:D

SnakeWrench
10-27-2007, 07:32 AM
We messed with propaline oxide when we were racing shifter carts. Extremely volitile. The only cool thing was that while we were in the tech line, we could just open the cap and by the time the checked the S.G. it was evaporated.
BUT!! DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR SKIN!!
Extremely painful and you WILL get extremely ill.
As for Hydrazene, in 1974, a man named Paul Rohrig that used to drive a champ car for my dad, added some to the car before qualifying, smacked the fence and the explosion was so violant, that Pauls left hand and head, yes I said head, were found two days later in a field behind the track.
Two people at the track were killed from schrapnal..
Nasty stuff

Baja Big Dog
10-27-2007, 07:47 AM
We messed with propaline oxide when we were racing shifter carts. Extremely volitile. The only cool thing was that while we were in the tech line, we could just open the cap and by the time the checked the S.G. it was evaporated.
BUT!! DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR SKIN!!
Extremely painful and you WILL get extremely ill.
As for Hydrazene, in 1974, a man named Paul Rohrig that used to drive a champ car for my dad, added some to the car before qualifying, smacked the fence and the explosion was so violant, that Pauls left hand and head, yes I said head, were found two days later in a field behind the track.
Two people at the track were killed from schrapnal..
Nasty stuff
Yikes!!!:eek:

Cheap Thrills
10-27-2007, 07:58 AM
the explosion was so violant, that Pauls left hand and head, yes I said head, were found two days later in a field behind the track.
:eek:
Was he Oh Kayyyy ?
LMFAO sorry my twisted sense of humor rearing it ugly head ,, again :D
T.