PDA

View Full Version : PSP Question?????

MAINEVENT
10-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Is that the better handheld video game dealio for kids??? I understand you can add music to it and the obvious games and movies right??? A friend of mine want to get my kids a video game deal for my kids birthday but she wanted to know which one is the better one... I like the PSP but wanted to know if anyone had any input... im not a big gamer...
TIA

riverracerx
10-27-2007, 01:50 PM
PSP is better for older kids, more PS2 style games. The Nintendo DS is better for younger kids and girls.
Depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to play games, listen to music and watch movies then the PSP is the way to go. I have one and I am 36. I use it for the plane and on trips but you can crack DVDs and put them on the PSP instead of buying them. Also has WiFi capability.
Nintendo DS has a bunch of games for younger kids but is still good for all ages. You can't beat mario Bros. It also has WiFi capability and networking if your buddy has a DS next to you within 100 feet.
How old is your kid/s? Boys or girls.
i don't think you can go wrong with either. Both hi-quality systems.

MAINEVENT
10-27-2007, 02:06 PM
My kids are turning 5... But they play with the PS2 ALOTTTTT lately... More so the MX, Race, Skate, and Surf video type games... I would also like it so when they go with G-ma on a trip they can watch movies with when in their truck... They oringinally wanted an Ipod ( i know i know they are only five but i swear they are not the norm. HAHA) So i was thinking the PSP can i can add music aswell... I just have never used one... Im not to worried about wifi i have my laptop for that and dont want my kids online... but as faras user friendly how are they??? and do the sell protective cases???

riverracerx
10-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Easy to use. Yes they sell a nice clear hard plastic shell.
You can connect it via USB it to your computer and add music to it, or you can add music or video to a Memory stick (not included).
My son is 10 and he plays ATV Off Road Fury all the time on it.

MAINEVENT
10-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Now... Since she is buying three of them... Where is the best price at??? I've only looked at best buy and they are about 170ish??? I looked online and pretty much not much cheaper... I take it these things dont go on sale much???

MBlaster
10-27-2007, 02:57 PM
My nephew has a PSP, he never uses it anymore.
I don't think I'd get one based on his superior gaming intellect.

boater72
10-27-2007, 03:12 PM
We had a race in Denver this year, and the wife bought one for our son and we did not hear one word from him on the trip there and back. :D