PDA

View Full Version : A Photo Essay...

Jbb
10-27-2007, 03:48 PM
I was hesitant to post this .....It is pretty disturbing......It is a photo essay I came across, dealing with how the US cares for wounded soldiers in Iraq...It is a report from the New England Journal of Medicine...The photos are extremely graphic.....Do not open the link if injury pics bother you...Viewing them, however gives a good perspective of what our soldiers....and those who save the lives of soldiers deal with....They are the real deal.. (http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/351/24/2476)

Baja Big Dog
10-27-2007, 04:50 PM
WOW...your right, graphic, but it is reality. Good decision.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-27-2007, 07:00 PM
When I was in the Marines, I met doctors who's attitude I didn't care for.
They were drafted right outta residency,, and they had a hard on about it,, But looking back, maybe they weren't so bad after all. I'd be pissed too.
But, I met a lot that were excellent. Their hearts and skills were in the right place.
I suggest anyone take a tour of the Medical Museum at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in DC.
My wife walked me n Maynard and 20 medical students through it this past July,, and it was an eye opening experience.
Even during the Civil war, the Army strived for it's doctors to be better than just sawbones.
I came away with a real appreciation for military medical visiting Walter Reed.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/17633P1000234-med.JPG
Gen Sickles leg, lost at Gettysberg, displayed at Walter Reed Army Hospital.
Center pic in display case is Gen Sickles visiting his leg at the Museum.

Big Warlock
10-28-2007, 11:03 AM
While in combat in the first Desert Storm, some of the finest Doctors in America were on site to treat soldiers on the front lines. It was good to know that if you are your guys got in trouble, the best was behind you to take care of business. Honestly, some of the finest. Many of them had been in practice for years and always stayed on as Reserve or National Guard!!! Thanks!!!

Wet Dream
10-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Brutal. Don't hesitate about linking that there are far worse photos out there and you provided a good enough warning, so if someone clicks and bitches about it, well..you know.