PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best service to use to protect your name and credit?

WetWillie
10-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I saw a ad for Life Lock and thought it was pretty ballsey for this guy to put his real social Security number out there. www.lifelock.com Anyone have a great service they use that they want to share?
I am looking for a service to notify me if someone attempts to use my social or identity??
An occasional credit report I could print as well would be cool.

Phat Matt
10-27-2007, 06:21 PM
It all depends. What's your SS #? :D

27 Awesome cat
10-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Pre-paid legal (http://wserver0.prepaidlegal.com/Multisite/Multisite?site=hub&assoc=melissalafon)

WetWillie
10-27-2007, 06:26 PM
457-55-5462 Why do you ask?
It all depends. What's your SS #? :D

WetWillie
10-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Equifax gives you $20 k in insurance if your identity is taken
Life lock gives you $1 million.
Hmmmmm

WetWillie
10-27-2007, 06:30 PM
hmm!
Pre-paid legal (http://wserver0.prepaidlegal.com/Multisite/Multisite?site=hub&assoc=melissalafon)

Phat Matt
10-27-2007, 06:31 PM
457-55-5462 Why do you ask?
No reason. What's your full name? :D

27 Awesome cat
10-27-2007, 06:31 PM
hmm!
I see momma's didn't pay for her site again:mad:

totenhosen
10-27-2007, 06:37 PM
I beleive in CA you can do it yourself by putting a credit freeze on your SS#. This way no one can apply for credit unless you call the credit reporting agencies and go through a confirmation process.

WetWillie
10-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Interesting.. let me do some searching?
I beleive in CA you can do it yourself by putting a credit freeze on your SS#. This way no one can apply for credit unless you call the credit reporting agencies and go through a confirmation process.

WetWillie
10-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Your not going to try any funny business are you?
:mad:
No reason. What's your full name? :D

WetWillie
10-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Bob that is why I post it here. So you can read it for me and do my dirty work.. Thanks..:D
Have you ever read that guarantee? The only thing it guarantees is that you're probably not ever going to get a cent if somebody steals your identity. ;)

totenhosen
10-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Have you ever read that guarantee? The only thing it guarantees is that you're probably not ever going to get a cent if somebody steals your identity. ;)
Yes, I look at that kind of insurance has basically paying the credit agencies and credit card company to do the job that they are already suppose to do.

bigq
10-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Tried Lifelock, but they do basically what you can do yourself. I put a credit alert on my account for free. You can go to one site and they will do all three. The only challenge is if you want credit run for some reason it is a pain in the arse.
Here is the link where you can do it online. It will alert all three.
https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=SECURITYALERT
To stop the credit card and insurance solicitation.
You may choose to exclude your name from CRA lists for unsolicited credit and insurance offers. Creditors and insurers may use file information as the basis for sending you unsolicited offers of credit or insurance. Such offers must include a toll-free phone number for you to call if you want your name and address removed from future lists. If you call, you may select to have your name removed for five years or permanently. If you select the option for permanent removal, you will be mailed a Notice of Election to Opt Out form to complete and return. The toll-free number for all of the national CRAs is 1 888 5OPTOUT (1 888 567 8688.)
Hope this helps.