PDA

View Full Version : California Fires - Did you hear about this?

talkinghead
10-28-2007, 12:04 AM
I could not make this up if I wanted to - FEMA Fakes a New Conference on the California Fires...
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/10/26/433236.aspx
From NBCÂ’s Kelly OÂ’Donnell
On Tuesday, FEMA held what was called a "news briefing" on the California fires, but the questions asked did not come from reporters. They were asked instead by FEMA staffers.
VIDEO: FEMA apologizes for having staff workers pretend to be reporters at a news briefing on the Southern California wildfires. NBC's Jeannie Ohm has the story.
“It is not a practice that we would employ here at the White House or that we -- we certainly don't condone it,” Press Secretary Dana Perino said. “We didn't know about it beforehand. FEMA has issued an apology, saying that they had an error judgment when they were attempting to get out a lot of information to reporters, who were asking for answers to a variety of questions in regard to the wildfires in California. It's not something I would have condoned. And they, I'm sure, will not do it again.”

NashvilleBound
10-28-2007, 06:40 AM
The way I understand the way it happend was FEMA held the press conference.... ALL the reporters/journalists were on a "listen only" telephone line. So FEMA put some of their own in the room out of camera view acting like the reporters to ask questions. Whomever's idea this was I hope has thier resume ready....

Sleeper CP
10-28-2007, 08:37 AM
The way I understand the way it happend was FEMA held the press conference.... ALL the reporters/journalists were on a "listen only" telephone line. So FEMA put some of their own in the room out of camera view acting like the reporters to ask questions. Whomever's idea this was I hope has thier resume ready....
I heard and read the same as you.
About the resume thing, that person will probably be on a bigger hot seat than the Cal-Fire officals that refused to call in the Navy and Marine air support for the fire until Wed afternoon and Thrusday morning. What a buch of Tool's.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Boozer
10-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Kanye told me it's because George bush hates black people.

Sleeper CP
10-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Kanye told me it's because George bush hates black people.
Well I guess I have been giving my money to the wrong party the past 8 yrs, not to mention the 10 before that.:(
It's amazing what happens when people pay attention to the evac. notices.
The 230,000+ acre Cider fire from 4 years ago was fresh on every bodies mind. Big fire's with Santa Ana winds scare the hell out of people and rightly so. The next time the Big Easy is in the direct path of a category 4 or 5 I hope the people down there pay attention.
Lastly, our First Responders (Local and State) were on the ball. Nobody stood around with there fingers up the a$$ waiting for the Fed's to show up.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover