PDA

View Full Version : Gorman OHV direction

THOR
10-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I am going riding this weekend at Gorman and need directions.
What is the turnoff from I-5 north?
thanks in advance

Mrs.Racer277
10-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Desert Races there this weekend.

THOR
10-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Uh - oh. We will have to be careful I am assuming.
What races?

Mrs.Racer277
Quail Lake Rd :)

wright27
I am going riding this weekend at Gorman and need directions.
What is the turnoff from I-5 north?
thanks in advance
Make sure you have all registrations, spark arresters and so on. The Rangers are very very serious out there. It is a great place to ride, but I stopped going there because the rangers suck.
You can exit the same exit as Pyramid lake ( Smokey Bear or something like that) or the Gorman exit. Unless you are going to the Motocross track then you use Quail Lake Rd.

Mrs.Racer277
10-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Uh - oh. We will have to be careful I am assuming.
What races?
I think Big 6 is putting these on.

mondorally
10-29-2007, 10:57 AM
http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/images/hungry_valley_map_01.gif
http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/images/hungry_valley_map_02.gif
http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/images/hungry_valley_map_03.gif
http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/images/hungry_valley_map_04.gif
When I was rally racing we would enter where it says SVRA entrance. From Huntington on the 5 North, exit Gorman, take a left under the freeway, right at the McDonalds and the entrance is a mile or two up the road on the left.

djunkie
10-29-2007, 11:07 AM
I used to exit on Smokey Bear road and go in that way. Make sure you have an adventure pass.

riverracerx
10-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Can you take Rhinos there?
I haven't been there since I was a kid.

jackpunx
10-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Can you take Rhinos there?
I haven't been there since I was a kid.
anything with a green sticker or a license plate

THOR
10-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, it sounds as though we should use the Gorman exit since we are using open OHV area.

laveydayz
10-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, it sounds as though we should use the Gorman exit since we are using open OHV area.
Just be careful. Last time I went there (1yr ago) it was like riding in Tijuana. I hear its even worse now. My buddy who is a LEO took his 5 yr old son there to learn 3 weeks ago. He finally had enough when the camp full of Mexi's next to him decided to do some doughnuts on their quads about 5 feet from his bbq that was grilling some steaks!
They could not understand why he was pissed. About 5 gang banger lookin guys started to get in his face. He pulled his badge and they changed their tune real quick.
Rangers came and asked them to leave. They left and forgot all their empty beer bottles and trash. Go fugure. Take the extra time and go to the desert. It gets dangerous with many one way trails that people do not realize are one way.
Its really ashame to see these places that we all enjoyed as kids turn to shit.

Captain Dan
10-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Raider Fans are everywhere. :(

laveydayz
10-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Raider Fans are everywhere. :(
Yes they are!! I have yet to figure out why they all ride quads and not bikes?

riverracerx
10-29-2007, 03:13 PM
How about Texas Canyon? I am in Valencia so anything in that vicinity would be fun.
Anyone seen this bike yet?
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/content/images/600/08wr250r_blue_1_87a79a06.jpg

Captain Dan
10-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Yes they are!! I have yet to figure out why they all ride quads and not bikes?
Because it's lot harder to ride a bike, especially after you've been downing 40's all day. :)

superdave013
10-29-2007, 03:26 PM
you could always take the Fraiser Park exit and go in the back way. Just a quick scamper up Lockwood Creek. Up the Miller Jeep trail and BAM, top of Almo mtn. :D

laveydayz
10-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Because it's lot harder to ride a bike, especially after you've been downing 40's all day. :)
That would explain it.

laveydayz
10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
How about Texas Canyon? I am in Valencia so anything in that vicinity would be fun.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/content/images/600/08wr250r_blue_1_87a79a06.jpg
Very rocky but less known to the Raiders fans! Make sure its open. I believe the fire last week went right through there. Both places are very strict on green stickers and spark arrestors. From Valencia you can be to Bean Canyon, Jawbone etc in 45-50 min. Way better riding.

jackpunx
10-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Lets go tomorrow:D
I got the day off and I might have another couple of friends with nothing to do.

jackpunx
10-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Your going this coming weekend?
are you doing a day trip or camping?

riverracerx
10-29-2007, 04:54 PM
I don't have a bike yet. And I heard this one won't be out till Jan. :(

jackpunx
10-29-2007, 05:03 PM
you could go buy a honda and call it a day... Come on! lets go!:D

THOR
10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Your going this coming weekend?
are you doing a day trip or camping?
Camping with the family in our motorhome. Some co-workers are camping as well in there toy haulers. You going? My daughter just (4 years old) just learned how to ride her PW50. My wife has an XR200 and I am on a CR500.

jackpunx
10-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Camping with the family in our motorhome. Some co-workers are camping as well in there toy haulers. You going? My daughter just (4 years old) just learned how to ride her PW50. My wife has an XR200 and I am on a CR500.
HHHmmmm... Might be a good excuse to get the trailer out... I think we have a baby shower or somthing this weekend.. I'll talk to the wife and see if we can come up.. But either way.. I may come up for thte day and go for a ride with you..
when are you leaving?

BALLSDEEP
10-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Just be careful. Last time I went there (1yr ago) it was like riding in Tijuana. I hear its even worse now. My buddy who is a LEO took his 5 yr old son there to learn 3 weeks ago. He finally had enough when the camp full of Mexi's next to him decided to do some doughnuts on their quads about 5 feet from his bbq that was grilling some steaks!
They could not understand why he was pissed. About 5 gang banger lookin guys started to get in his face. He pulled his badge and they changed their tune real quick.
Rangers came and asked them to leave. They left and forgot all their empty beer bottles and trash. Go fugure. Take the extra time and go to the desert. It gets dangerous with many one way trails that people do not realize are one way.
Its really ashame to see these places that we all enjoyed as kids turn to shit.
You hit the nail on the head, it is like little TJ. The only thing descent at Gorman is the track. It’s a shame, there is some descent riding there if you get out of the main park but there is just to many Latino’s there anymore. The last time I was there (similar to your story) there was a Latino on a quad doing donuts and wheelies. He ended up looping his quad and it rolled into the side of a friend’s truck. Fortunately they hit the tire of the truck and there was no damage.
I would recommend going to Ballinger; it’s basically the other side of Gorman past the grapevine. Its small, not to crowded, the camping is good and the riding is pretty cool.

THOR
10-30-2007, 10:16 AM
HHHmmmm... Might be a good excuse to get the trailer out... I think we have a baby shower or somthing this weekend.. I'll talk to the wife and see if we can come up.. But either way.. I may come up for thte day and go for a ride with you..
when are you leaving?
I should be there around 8:30 on Saturday morning. I am in a Winnebago Class C 29 footer with the license plate of RIVRHSE.