PDA

View Full Version : Pulling for Ashley Force last night but.....

Keith E. Sayre
10-29-2007, 11:06 AM
She gave 'em the best run I've seen! I took my 12 year old son Ryan to the drags in Vegas yesterday for the first time. Of course he loved it! As they say on the tv commercials
cost to get in $110
cost of tshirts and souveniers $100
cost of food for 2 including lemonades and ice creams $75
seeing his expression after he watched the first pass by a top fueler----
VERY PRICLESS!!

riverracerx
10-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Very cool. Hope you had a good time.
There is nothing like watching one make a pass. Or standing in the pits while one warms up!
The smell of Nitro is awesome!

justfloatn
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
but... I am sick of all the crying! WTF. They bring the chicks in because sex sells and every time something goes wrong they start crying. :( :cry:
There's no crying in DRAG RACING!

AZJD
10-29-2007, 11:39 AM
but... I am sick of all the crying! WTF. They bring the chicks in because sex sells and every time something goes wrong they start crying. :( :cry:
Hell the guys are crying more. John Force several times this year, and Tony Pedregon yesterday almost couldn't contain it.

AZJD
10-29-2007, 11:41 AM
She gave 'em the best run I've seen! I took my 12 year old son Ryan to the drags in Vegas yesterday for the first time. Of course he loved it! As they say on the tv commercials
cost to get in $110
VERY PRICLESS!!
There really isn't anything that I have found, that compares to an earth saking 300+ MPH pass. I give the top fuel hydros a somewhat close 2nd place.

pw_Tony
10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Had a newbie with me as well.....
I can't believe the day cost me $24 in water= 4 bottles

Bense468
10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
8 dollar beers x 15 x 4 days = chapter 11
see ya next weekend.

Keith E. Sayre
10-29-2007, 12:49 PM
The last couple of races we were trying to get close to the exit gate to
eliminate a little bit of the traffic and there is nothing like standing at ground
level with your back against the wall at mid track. The sound and thunder
shake you very hard. Unexplainable to someone who's never been. I suppose
that and the look on my son's face is the point of the thread. Don't know
anything about anyone crying. Did watch miss Force jump out of a moving car
while it was on fire though! I'd say she earned my respect.
Keith Sayre
Watching a Toby Keith song on the big screen showing some great photos of our troops
in action in bad places etc put a little lump in my throat though. Is that not allowed either? Listening to thousands cheer when Toby sings something about kicking some ___
made me grin too!

MKEELINE
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
cost to get in $110
VERY PRICLESS!!
I was pulling for her too....she was dead late. If she would have cut a decent light she would of had her first win. I can't wait for Pomona.

Moneypitt
10-29-2007, 01:37 PM
There really isn't anything that I have found, that compares to an earth saking 300+ MPH pass. I give the top fuel hydros a somewhat close 2nd place.
I found the top end somewhat subdued with the new fuel ratio. Before the diggers/funnycars seemed to get deeper into your backbone, (from the front) as they went by......Now it's almost like they're laying down a bit.....Still burning the hydrogen out of the atmosphere, but subdued...........MP

MKEELINE
10-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I found the top end somewhat subdued with the new fuel ratio. Before the diggers/funnycars seemed to get deeper into your backbone, (from the front) as they went by......Now it's almost like they're laying down a bit.....Still burning the hydrogen out of the atmosphere, but subdued...........MP
I think they are changing that next year. If I'm not mistaken it will be 90% max again.

3 daytona`s
10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
I have seen it all now how odd,:mad: go watch underwater basketweaving then.

riverroyal
10-29-2007, 05:44 PM
great to see John Force watching his little girl.I couldnt imagine

McIntyrelocal
10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
she is a damn good driver for someone in there first year to finish 11 in pionts to this date with missing the races she has this year and the misfortune there team has had, to go out and get in a final period there first year. shes got my support, and she is damn good looking.i think next year jfr is going to be a force to be recun with.no pun intended

gramps
10-29-2007, 06:34 PM
If you ever get the chance to be on the starting line when the fuel cars are running it's something you will never forget.

ColeTR2
10-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Priceless is right.... I remember going to lions drag strip at age five with my dad all the time. 1967 LOL!

slowinhavasu
10-29-2007, 09:16 PM
she is a damn good driver for someone in there first year to finish 11 in pionts to this date with missing the races she has this year and the misfortune there team has had, to go out and get in a final period there first year. shes got my support, and she is damn good looking.i think next year jfr is going to be a force to be recun with.no pun intended
Well said....

Keith E. Sayre
10-29-2007, 09:17 PM
You're right about the starting line! We walked down there
and were right against the fence Sunday morning when they started. Ryan was on my shoulders and he would
shake when they did burnouts and when they left!
The TV boom guy kept coming around and put the camera
right in his face two different times. Ryan was thrilled!
He was grinning like crazy.
What an event. Worth every penny.

Bense468
10-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Have you walked on the track? Better tie your shoes tight. :D

McIntyrelocal
10-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Have you walked on the track? Better tie your shoes tight. :D
ive walked out of mine a few times infront of about 15000 people backing up a dragster. felt like a fool. i went to jump over the guard rail after a burnout to back him up and cought my foot on the top and ate shit in front of everyone to,that was a proud moment as well.:confused::)

scarabrick2
10-30-2007, 04:37 AM
Went all day Friday. What a blast. Glad you had fun keith !!!!

boatnam2
10-30-2007, 04:37 AM
Im a big force fan but she didnt do that great sunday and probaly cost her teammate a shot at the championship.She was cutting 1.30 lights had the tune up on the car to win and only need to do ok on the tree.Like i said before she will be good someday but there is a few guys that would of won in that car on sunday,be hey her dad is the king, like someone said sex sells just ask troxel's team she lost twice this weekend on being late.love JFR racing and plan on being there at least 2 days this weekend hopefully she will get her first win.

RitcheyRch
10-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Isnt that the truth.
If you ever get the chance to be on the starting line when the fuel cars are running it's something you will never forget.
I was going to Lions about the same time. My Mom used to race her '64 GTO. She was a member of the Royal GTO's Car Club.
Priceless is right.... I remember going to lions drag strip at age five with my dad all the time. 1967 LOL!

boatnam2
10-30-2007, 06:44 AM
Isnt that the truth.
I was going to Lions about the same time. My Mom used to race her '64 GTO. She was a member of the Royal GTO's Car Club.
I was going the same time and work right next to it still today even though its a container yard.I remeber seeing evel kinevel sp? jump i think 13 cars back then.