PDA

View Full Version : Truck With A Bomb--Blown Up In Havasu!

HocusPocus
10-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Just got this email from a friend of ours who lives in Havasu.
Well, we had some excitement tonight. We had a truck loose control in front of our house. I looked out the window and didn't see anything. Ken went out front and cops had our street blocked off. So I went outside and there was a truck a couple houses down on the opposite side of the street that spun out and landed in the dirt. So we sat in the garage and watched for a while then the cops came over and said we had to evacuate the house because the truck had a pipe bomb in it and the were going to blow up the whole truck. So we had the bomb squad parked out in front of our house and they actually blew up the truck. It was loud. The hood of the truck flew across the street and landed in the neighbors yard. The newspaper was there so it should be front page in the paper tomorrow. I will send a picture later.
can't wait to see the pics.

lalhc
10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Where at in Havasu - what street? That's some crazy shiat :eek:

JB in so cal
10-29-2007, 06:32 PM
The rag heads want to cut down on swinging???:idea:

Marty Gras
10-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Wifey was coming home and "drove around" the guy in the stalled old truck! (1/2 on the road, 1/2 in a yard) He "waved" her to pass him and she did. 20 minutes later, our street is full of traffic and we see McCulloch is blocked off. BOOM!!! firemen blow up the POS and then put out the fire. Heard it was a "domestic problem", wonder if the paper will get it correct? "There goes the neighborhood!"

RVRGIRL
10-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Pickup carring pipe bomb nearly collides with school bus
Authorities evacuate homes, detonate bomb
By Tony Raap
Monday, October 29, 2007 10:25 PM MST
A pickup truck carrying a pipe bomb nearly collided Monday with a school bus, skidding to a stop just a few yards away from a row of homes.
No one was injured in the melee, which happened around 3:50 p.m. in the 500 block of South McCulloch Boulevard. Police failed to arrest the driver, a white male who was seen escaping on foot.
Connor Reinemann, 15, watched as a group of bomb technicians searched inside the rust-colored Chevy truck.
“He was going so fast. Our bus driver was lucky to stop in time,” Reinemann said.
Officers found a handmade bomb in a cooler on the passenger floorboard, police Lt. Rich Sloma said. The explosive was about 12 inches long and 3 inches in diameter, Sloma said.
It wasn’t immediately known why the man had a pipe bomb, he said.
Officials evacuated nine homes that were closest to the truck before detonating the bomb. Neighbors gathered outside to see the blast, some reclining in lawn chairs.
At 6:11 p.m., a voice yelled, “Fire in the hole!” Moments later, a thunderous explosion rang out as a ball of flame shot into the evening sky.
Randy Parks stood about 400 yards away from the blast, watching it with his grandson perched on his shoulders.
“That was better than a cheap Mexican firecracker,” Parks said.
Firefighters rushed to douse the flames as thick black smoke billowed overhead. The blast sent the truck’s windshield flying into a nearby driveway. All that remained of the truck’s roof was mangled, charred rubble.
Sloma said there was no apparent damage to the surrounding homes.
“That was a successful detonation,” he said.
You may contact the reporter at raap@havasunews.com.
The type of component requested is unsupported

Not So Fast
10-30-2007, 12:44 AM
What the hell is happening to this little town, geeze:( I guess we can blame it on the behavoir law, they seem to be doing that a lot lately:rolleyes: NSF

RitcheyRch
10-30-2007, 04:26 AM
Proves that no town is safe these days.

cc322
10-30-2007, 04:27 AM
What the hell is happening to this little town, geeze:( I guess we can blame it on the behavoir law, they seem to be doing that a lot lately:rolleyes: NSF
It hasent been a little town in quite some time.

voodoomedman
10-30-2007, 05:28 AM
Well at least it's great and funny that they detonated it in his truck. :D

GHT
10-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Proves that no town is safe these days.
I would imagine you would be suprised of all the mental cases in any small town. All the Nut case people that move to "big" towns have family and friends in small towns. There are, and always have been looneys all over the world.
I agree with Voodoo.. I think it is funny that they just blew up the whole truck.. :D

HocusPocus
10-30-2007, 06:44 AM
http://www.havasunews.com/content/articles/2007/10/30/news/doc4726bf80145b3923899706.jpg
here is the pic from the paper.. haven't gotten the ones from my friend yet.

Quest4Fun
10-30-2007, 07:39 AM
I heard all of the sirens late yesterday afternoon and I thought to myself something real big must be going on because there were a lot of them. Didn't know till I saw the paper this morning what it was all about. :eek:

phebus
10-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Heard the blast. Pretty cool. :D

riverbound
10-30-2007, 08:05 AM
was alcohol involved? or is that only for boating incidents?:idea:

Kilrtoy
10-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Is it me or does anyone else find it odd that they blew the thing up INSIDE OF THE TRUCK

phebus
10-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Is it me or does anyone else find it odd that they blew the thing up INSIDE OF THE TRUCK
That's the way they do things in the Wild West. :D
I'm surprised they didn't pull up in a tank and just take it out. :)

Havasu1986
10-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Does Havasu have a bomb squad. ??

Baja Big Dog
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Does Havasu have a bomb squad. ??
The million dollar question, Ill bet if they did they may not have choose to blow it up in a residential area....
I think they need to tax the fuel in Havasu to help pay for a bomb squad!!!:D
But hey...they found a good use for a Chevy!!!! LIKE A ROCK...:D
HA HA ..FLAME AWAY!!!:D :)

franky
10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Boy scouts!!! Seems strange that not knowing the explosive potential (type) they would set it off in the street with all that desert out there. Used to do HHW events and would get explosive stuff. One time in Santa Barbara we got some swetty dynamite sticks and the like. Made the call to Sherrifs (weekend) and the bomb squad guy showed up in a BMW, put it in his trunk and drove away. They would take it to the firing range and set it off. One time we got some picric acid with a crystally lid, they moved everyone out at least 200 yards and set it off with a charge. Did that because this is very shock sensative sh*t and risky to move.
Thruth be told, I heard the Havasu guy was haulin ass up McCulloch doing about 120 and some a**hole in a blue and green school bus cut him off. He tried to avoid and spun off into the reeds.
Getting old isn't it?

ColeTR2
10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Did they catch the driver or is he still running around ?

Ziggy
10-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Is it me or does anyone else find it odd that they blew the thing up INSIDE OF THE TRUCKWhat better way to dilute the unsafe vehicle count out there...:D:D

That Guy
10-30-2007, 11:03 AM
That's the way they do things in the Wild West. :D
I'm surprised they didn't pull up in a tank and just take it out. :)
LMAO.......:D :D

RiverDave
10-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Guess people don't have much of a sense of humour about pipe bombs nowdayz huh?
RD

Biglue
10-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Boy scouts!!! Seems strange that not knowing the explosive potential (type) they would set it off in the street with all that desert out there. Used to do HHW events and would get explosive stuff. One time in Santa Barbara we got some swetty dynamite sticks and the like. Made the call to Sherrifs (weekend) and the bomb squad guy showed up in a BMW, put it in his trunk and drove away. They would take it to the firing range and set it off. One time we got some picric acid with a crystally lid, they moved everyone out at least 200 yards and set it off with a charge. Did that because this is very shock sensative sh*t and risky to move.
Thruth be told, I heard the Havasu guy was haulin ass up McCulloch doing about 120 and some a**hole in a blue and green school bus cut him off. He tried to avoid and spun off into the reeds.
Getting old isn't it?
LOL, nicely played.