PDA

View Full Version : day 3 without a smoke

hoolign
10-29-2007, 11:11 PM
trying to quit again:mad: :mad: :mad:

riverbound
10-29-2007, 11:14 PM
these have beena lifesaver for me and have made it MUCH easier to kick it.
http://www.way2support.com/images/prodBox_Commit.jpg

hoolign
10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
these have beena lifesaver for me and have made it MUCH easier to kick it.
http://www.way2support.com/images/prodBox_Commit.jpg
havent even seen those yet? I started taking Champix a week ago and it seems to help..that and about 60 jolly ranchers a day LOL
I'll look into thise ..thanx..gotta kick this crap!

riverbound
10-29-2007, 11:19 PM
havent even seen those yet? I started taking Champix a week ago and it seems to help..that and about 60 jolly ranchers a day LOL
I'll look into thise ..thanx..gotta kick this crap!
so far the only thing that has come even close to working for me.

hoolign
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
so far the only thing that has come even close to working for me.
Cool ..ill look into that! What a bitch these things are...i thought i was more stubborn than this! !:D

PunkAssBitch
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
I need to join ya....after I finish my pack.....

hoolign
10-29-2007, 11:48 PM
I feel better after 3 days ...a bit cranky...but better LOL:D Your avatar gives me some extra strength :D

~FM
10-30-2007, 12:28 AM
http://www.snack-palace.com/images/product_images/popup_images/salted.jpg
Helps with the hand to mouth fixation. ;) They come in different flavors now too. I like them dill pickle flavor. Good luck on staying smoke-free this time, Hooli. :clover:

hoolign
10-30-2007, 12:41 AM
http://www.snack-palace.com/images/product_images/popup_images/salted.jpg
Helps with the hand to mouth fixation. ;) They come in different flavors now too. I like them dill pickle flavor. Good luck on staying smoke-free this time, Hooli. :clover:
ahhh yes.... the evil seed of doom....Dill pickle favor??? they are bad enough in their original state... Thanks FM ..but i may as well take a wire brush to my tounge. :D

~FM
10-30-2007, 12:50 AM
ahhh yes.... the evil seed of doom....Dill pickle favor??? they are bad enough in their original state... Thanks FM ..but i may as well take a wire brush to my tounge. :D
Hey whatever works! :D (Who could smoke with a raw tongue? :p )

Noisy Nova
10-30-2007, 04:21 AM
I found that after 3 days the poison had left my system so the craving was gone but the habit of reaching for my pocket lasted for months. Every time you reach and find your pocket empty, tell yourself, "I never smoked and I'm too old to start" . It's called brain washing and it works.:D

Cheap Thrills
10-30-2007, 04:28 AM
Good luck Hooli.
Cigarettes are harder to kick than any other drug.
I know,,, Those weren't words of encouragement but the battle is a hard one.
Stay strong brother.
T.
T.

RitcheyRch
10-30-2007, 04:28 AM
Good luck. Have heard from others that it is a tough battle to win.

Jbb
10-30-2007, 04:51 AM
What a filthy, disgusting habit...Hooligan...you are weak...:D

gramps
10-30-2007, 05:18 AM
...a bit cranky
valium..............

boat boy
10-30-2007, 05:25 AM
Keep up the good work Hoolign, quit back in 85' after smoking 3 1/2 packs a day. Just woke up one morning as you did and decided this is it. I will say I still smoke a cigar once in a while, but did not start that until 97'. Bye the way I preferred those butterscotch candies and still due, that probably explains the extra 60 lbs.

GHT
10-30-2007, 05:26 AM
"Trying to quit again"???? If you had quit wouldn't that mean you shouldn't be quitting now? I quess you mean you took a, Smoke Vacation, then came back and now (some time later) you want to try and quit.:D :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:
Oh, and good luck quitting. I really hope you pull it off.
Don

gramps
10-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Keep up the good work Hoolign, quit back in 85' after smoking 3 1/2 packs a day. Just woke up one morning as you did and decided this is it. I will say I still smoke a cigar once in a while, but did not start that until 97'. Bye the way I preferred those butterscotch candies and still due, that probably explains the extra 60 lbs.
you mean I'm not the olny one to go up 60 after stopping?

RiverOtter
10-30-2007, 05:45 AM
It's not so bad hooli........ I'm going on 42 years without a smoke :D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-30-2007, 05:50 AM
Hooli,
If you have trouble quiting, try quiting with Chantix. The stuff works. I quit after 40 years and haven't looked back. Going on 4 months and little to no urge to smoke.
John

akakiller
10-30-2007, 05:54 AM
I quit cold turkey a year and a half ago, after smoking for 18 years.
this website helped. I must've read through it a hundred times.
http://whyquit.com/
and the msn group: http://groups.msn.com/FreedomFromTobaccoQuitSmokingNow/
good luck!

maxwedge
10-30-2007, 06:01 AM
Once you get past the first 24hours, the hard part is over. Now you just have to not start again.:D After smoking a pack a day for years, I quit cold turkey one day and it finally took. I guess what worked best for me was to quit thinking about smoking. I found it pretty usefull to occupy all my time with new hobbies, etc. You know, rebuild a boat, learn to play guitar, make it a goal to have carnal knowledge of all the Hot Boat women, find Jesus and convince him to help you quit, whatever keeps your mind off smoking. Imortant thing is not to quit trying to quit. I must have quit 100's of times and thrown countless almost full packs of smokes out, only to buy a new pack a few hours or a day later, before I finally suceeded. Hardest thing I ever did, but for the life of me I still can't figure out why. Nicotine fuks with your head like that, but it's now been like 8 years or something? Fuk It's been so long now I can't remember how long it's been, but I have absolutely zero desire to smoke anymore. In fact I can't stand it. Kinda weird.
Anyway, Good luck, it's way worth it to be able to breath again.

rrrr
10-30-2007, 06:12 AM
It would be easier to quit if you hadn't started smoking when you were nine.....:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42191&stc=1&d=1193753470

racecar.hotshoe
10-30-2007, 06:17 AM
I am in my 3rd week of not smoking.I wasnt that bad.I am on "Chantix" Its a big dollar pill but it does work well.Mark

diggler
10-30-2007, 06:23 AM
I quit with Chantix. (See above, there's multiple others it seems). It worked, but the most important thing was I had enough negatives to outweigh any desire to smoke again. What a mind-f*** the first few weeks were.

justfloatn
10-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Lost my dad to emphysema and now my mom has it; even though she smoking quit five years ago.
If you don’t know someone who has emphysema let me explain. It takes around 8 to 10 years to run its course. Your lungs are attacking themselves and deteriorating inside your chest. You’re in and out of the hospital with your lungs filling up with fluid and infections three to four times a year. You slowly suffocate to death. In the final five or so years getting up to take a piss left him gasping for air. It looked like he ran 10 miles. I hate to say it but cancer looks like a quicker way out compared to emphysema.
Hope this helps.:)
I’m off my soap box now.

Debbolas
10-30-2007, 06:25 AM
This is how Scream quit. Sunflower seeds and the patch:D
You can do it!!!!

ULTRA26 # 1
10-30-2007, 06:38 AM
I quit with Chantix. (See above, there's multiple others it seems). It worked, but the most important thing was I had enough negatives to outweigh any desire to smoke again. What a mind-f*** the first few weeks were.
So I'm not alone with this one on HB. . Good to know. Seems if a person really wants to quit, it's a done deal with Chantix. A guy that works for me started on the med about a month after I did. He it still smoke free too.

soupersonic
10-30-2007, 06:49 AM
Inhaling smoke is toxic even tho it seems calming. The calming part is the extra oxygen that you get by inhaling deeply. So when you get the urge or are feeling uptight about it, take a deep breathe and exhale it slowly like smoke (without the smoke of course) It works. I quit almost a year ago.
I smoked for more than 20 years, if i can quit, you can do it.

Baja Big Dog
10-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Hooli.
The PATCH....worked for me, leaves a little burn on your arm, and oh yea, if youre going to the bar, or you know your gonna be drinking, DO NOT..repeat DO NOT put on two or three patches!!! One will work fine...

CPBRIAN10THMTN
10-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Quit cold turkey about a week ago, i feel so much better its amazing. The trick for me was i waited until i got sick, then i didn't want to smoke. When i got over being sick i just didn't smoke. Although its extremely hard when drinking.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Quit cold turkey about a week ago, i feel so much better its amazing. The trick for me was i waited until i got sick, then i didn't want to smoke. When i got over being sick i just didn't smoke. Although its extremely hard when drinking.
Congrats Brian. IT just gets better from here. :)
I'm lucky that I don't drink anymore. I'm sure that it has made quiting much easier.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-30-2007, 10:47 AM
This is how I quit smoking cigarettes....................
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9817/lotsofweedzk5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:D :D :D :D :D
Uhhhhh that would work too :)

rrrr
10-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Day Four......hoolign is near the edge. All he can think of is nicotine.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42209&stc=1&d=1193777311

OutCole'd
10-30-2007, 12:51 PM
I am in my 3rd week of not smoking.I wasnt that bad.I am on "Chantix" Its a big dollar pill but it does work well.Mark
Two relatives just quit using this also. They were really happy with it.

Wet Dream
10-30-2007, 01:31 PM
It gets easier everyday. I go weeks without one, then we go out and ave a few drinks, and I have a couple smokes, maybe half a pack, and the next day, back to none. Odd, but it works.

photo chick
10-30-2007, 01:34 PM
It gets easier everyday. I go weeks without one, then we go out and ave a few drinks, and I have a couple smokes, maybe half a pack, and the next day, back to none. Odd, but it works.
it's a nasty habit you should give up!! ;) I start on Chantix in a few days.....I've been saying that for a month now though...

hoolign
10-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Hooli,
If you have trouble quiting, try quiting with Chantix. The stuff works. I quit after 40 years and haven't looked back. Going on 4 months and little to no urge to smoke.
John
Chantix?? Im using Chapix ..on day 9 with that stuff. I went from 2 packs a day to 2 smokes a day ..last 24 hours havent had one..but now i may need to quit jolly ranchers LMAO!..it actually aint tat bad with these pills at all.. Im pretty impressed with them...and myself for that matter!
Worst time used to be in mornings with cofee but this morning ..nada. no urge ..itwas actually pretty cool!

Tom Brown
10-30-2007, 06:01 PM
The problem with quitting is you end up substituting one addiction for another. Sure, you quite smoking but I'll bet your heroin use is way up.
I'll bet you feel.... just like Jesus' son. :D

Tom Brown
10-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Velvet Underground

Jbb
10-30-2007, 06:08 PM
The problem with quitting is you end up substituting one addiction for another. Sure, you quite smoking but I'll bet your heroin use is way up.
So.......you have a ...problem......with heroin use...?.....:jawdrop:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42228&stc=1&d=1193796467

hoolign
10-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Ive substituted it with walking. Evrytime i feel like a smoke ai go for a walk to the river which is 1.5 km away so i got 6km's in last night.

hoolign
10-30-2007, 06:33 PM
How much is that in US dollars? :D
Less:)

BAS
10-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I always thought I could never quit, but on 7/17/07 I did... I had smoked at least 2 packs a day for 12-15 yrs. and I thought I would have to stop driving (my favorite time to smoke), drinking, boating, eating and yes even sexy time. But the only thing that I really had to change was the desire to be healthier. The bar scene and my first Vegas trip was very difficult, but keep telling yourself that you are stronger than this. You are the only one that can take control of yourself. SO DO IT, TAKE CONTROL. If you are truly doing it for yourself and for no other reason it isn’t very difficult. I was told by a wise lady once that if I tried to quit and couldn’t, try it again but keep a pack on me. That was something that helped me, I never felt like I couldn’t smoke, I felt I didn’t want one… I still check the pockets for my pack if i am hurrying, CRAZY…. :jawdrop:
Keep up the good work… :)

Pro Max
10-30-2007, 07:41 PM
CHANTIX
New drug , my doctor perscribed after my many failed attempts, well this one works and I was BAD. After taking it for 7 days I quit and its been 3 months with NO WITHDRAWS at all. I couldnt believe it, like a miracle. When I smell smoke I go the other way. good luck and food tasts so much better now.

canuck1
10-30-2007, 09:09 PM
You are so full of shit
Ive substituted it with walking. Evrytime i feel like a smoke ai go for a walk to the river which is 1.5 km away so i got 6km's in last night.
The only way you would walk that far is to get smokes....... proving you are full of shit

hoolign
10-30-2007, 10:17 PM
CHANTIX
New drug , my doctor perscribed after my many failed attempts, well this one works and I was BAD. After taking it for 7 days I quit and its been 3 months with NO WITHDRAWS at all. I couldnt believe it, like a miracle. When I smell smoke I go the other way. good luck and food tasts so much better now.
This is what Im taking (http://www.champixinfo.co.uk/) and it has taken awy more than 80 % of the cravings... This shit works. Its gotta be the same shit..likely just different names because of FDA.
2 pills once a day for 3 days then one in Am and one PM for 14 days. Smoke as much as ya want and pic a quit date...same idea???
But it does work!

hoolign
10-30-2007, 10:19 PM
You are so full of shit
The only way you would walk that far is to get smokes....... proving you are full of shit
Can't quit huh?? ... I'm quittin for me ..not the masses.
Lobster soon!

4DAY4PLAY
10-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Its tough for the females to quit cause they always gain wait......

ULTRA26 # 1
10-31-2007, 05:58 AM
CHANTIX
Congrats on the quit. I had the same result with Chantix. 3 months for me too.

PunkAssBitch
11-01-2007, 01:44 PM
how do I get that Chantix stuff...
after my day yesterday, I HAVE TO QUIT NOW & stay quit!
Easier said than done.
I've been having thyroid issues, went to the doc's yesterday just to make an appointment, they squeezed me in & next thing I know, they're making me get in an ambulance & was whisked off to the ER. Blood pressure was insanely high & I flunked my EKG's...after all the other expensive tests to make sure I wasn't going to have a heart attack & them realizing that my heart IS fine...
huh...maybe it's your thyroid! DUH...isn't that what I said in the first place?
I know, I know...better safe than sorry...
But I really REALLY need to quit smoking.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
how do I get that Chantix stuff...
after my day yesterday, I HAVE TO QUIT NOW & stay quit!
Easier said than done.
I've been having thyroid issues, went to the doc's yesterday just to make an appointment, they squeezed me in & next thing I know, they're making me get in an ambulance & was whisked off to the ER. Blood pressure was insanely high & I flunked my EKG's...after all the other expensive tests to make sure I wasn't going to have a heart attack & them realizing that my heart IS fine...
huh...maybe it's your thyroid! DUH...isn't that what I said in the first place?
I know, I know...better safe than sorry...
But I really REALLY need to quit smoking.
Call your doctor or if you would like you can get it online. It works.

hoolign
11-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Day 5 and its going good! and if you have fukkin problem with that to fukkin bad :mad: :mad: :mad:
:D

rrrr
11-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey hooli.....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42331&stc=1&d=1193962505
Wanna cigarette? :devil:

Tom Brown
11-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Chantix is the shit. I'm thinking of going on it myself.

Jbb
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Does it work for a heroin addiction.....Teddy sniffin glue he was 12 years old...:p

hoolign
11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Hey hooli.....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42331&stc=1&d=1193962505
Wanna cigarette? :devil:
Was that your strecthing excersise pic before the annual pole smoking event?? :idea:

hoolign
11-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I just read the instructions again...I think your SOL..not one mention of curing asshole! :mad:

Mrs.Racer277
11-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Day 5 and its going good! and if you have fukkin problem with that to fukkin bad :mad: :mad: :mad:
:D
That is awesome Hooli :)