PDA

View Full Version : High Performance Engines- Need opinions for work.

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Im gathering information for our companys on what is most wanted and why by customers. Were trying to find the next best thing to build. Doing a poll on what you wrench heads are looking for these days.... What kind of motors and what you expect. Really appreciate your opinons, im going to add a poll to our website. We are working with Edelbrock, comp cams and Painless wiring trying to come up with something great.:)
Carbed or EFI ?
What Style? 350, 383, 400, 351W, 302, 331, 347 etc or LS1, LS2, LS6, LS7, LT1 etc?
Stroker or Non?
Short block-Long block or Turnkey ?
Anything extra you would want the engine to come with?

Jordy
10-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Short block-Long block or Turnkey ?
'scuse me??? :notam: :idea: :D

Jbb
10-31-2007, 09:12 AM
As in Team Turnkey......?
:idea:

Cole Trickle
10-31-2007, 09:14 AM
I would do some of the new LSX bassed stuff. If you could offer a forged 364-408 ci motor with good internals for a fair price they will sell on the F-Body,GTO,Corvette,hot rod Forums.
Stay away from the LS1 and look to go into the LS2,LS3,LQ9,etc... stuff.
The motors are working great both carb and efi.
For boats your pretty much stuck with doing BBC stuff.

vee-driven
10-31-2007, 09:21 AM
I would say the sandrail market such as the LS1, LS2, and LS7 motors.

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 09:28 AM
I would do some of the new LSX bassed stuff. If you could offer a forged 364-408 ci motor with good internals for a fair price they will sell on the F-Body,GTO,Corvette,hot rod Forums.
Stay away from the LS1 and look to go into the LS2,LS3,LQ9,etc... stuff.
The motors are working great both carb and efi.
For boats your pretty much stuck with doing BBC stuff.
We are currently building a carbed version of the LS1 & LS6 which were taking to the PRI show. One big thing is alot of BIG companys are getting in alot of trouble and fined for building these LS2, LS3, LQ9 etc because people are putting them into street machines. Theyof course wont pass emissions and even with a disclaimer they are getting fined about $5k per engine!!!!!:eek: I cant drop names, but its happening.

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2007, 09:29 AM
600+ inches
Aluminum
EFI w/Turbos
Dry Sump
Under $20K

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 09:31 AM
haha...ummmm no comment!:D

Jordy
600+ inches
Aluminum
EFI w/Turbos
Dry Sump
Under $20K
With a 2 year warranty. :D

NOTALENT
600+ inches
Aluminum
EFI w/Turbos
Dry Sump
Under $20K
Is this what your looking for personally.....:idea:

Dave C
10-31-2007, 09:32 AM
where's your royalty?

SB
10-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Strictly for jets, I would want a cheap, reliable, big block, (long block or turn key) with big cubes and a small cam, 87-91 octane.
The hot rod motors all seem to have too much cam.

AZJD
10-31-2007, 09:33 AM
We are currently building a carbed version of the LS1 & LS6 which were taking to the PRI show. One big thing is alot of BIG companys are getting in alot of trouble and fined for building these LS2, LS3, LQ9 etc because people are putting them into street machines. Theyof course wont pass emissions and even with a disclaimer they are getting fined about $5k per engine!!!!!:eek: I cant drop names, but its happening.
Ok I see how it is. Back to being a "Collar Popper" instead of a "Name Dropper!":D :eek:

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Ok I see how it is. Back to being a "Collar Popper" instead of a "Name Dropper!":D :eek:
Haha....you know how it is....>!!!:D

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Is this what your looking for personally.....:idea:
Also:
Two stage belt-driven water pump (for the intercooler)
CMI's
Big Chief Heads
Stud Girdle
Kriptonite
Autronics
...and a two year warranty.
:D
I need two of them.

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Also:
Two stage belt-driven water pump (for the intercooler)
CMI's
Big Chief Heads
Stud Girdle
Kriptonite
Autronics
...and a two year warranty.
I need two of them.
Do you have a "Black Card" :D

Jordy
10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Do you have a "Black Card" :D
Why would he need a black card??? I believe this is a continuation of his first post where the under $20K came into play. I've got a card I can put that on, and it's not black. :D :D :D

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Why would he need a black card??? I believe this is a continuation of his first post where the under $20K came into play. I've got a card I can put that on, and it's not black. :D :D :D
Heads alone are going to run about 8k:D Im speaking realistcly:D

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2007, 10:04 AM
I believe this is a continuation of his first post where the under $20K came into play.
Yes. I've give you $20K for one, or $35K for both.

Jordy
10-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Heads alone are going to run about 8k:D Im speaking realistcly:D
I don't care what it costs you. You asked what we wanted, so we started listing our expectations. Show me where you have mentioned being realistic prior to this post??? :idea:
When can I pick up my engines??? Between HH and myself, you just sold 4 engines and made the company $70K. The word of mouth alone has gotta be worth that. :D :D :D

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't care what it costs you. You asked what we wanted, so we started listing our expectations. Show me where you have mentioned being realistic prior to this post??? :idea:
When can I pick up my engines??? Between HH and myself, you just sold 4 engines and made the company $70K. The word of mouth alone has gotta be worth that. :D :D :D
Realistic...SHIAT forgot this was ***boat!!!:jawdrop: :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Realistic...SHIAT forgot this was ***boat!!!:jawdrop: :D
Come on, man! Aren't you in sales?
You may be losing a little on every sale, but you're making it up in volume!

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Come on, man! Aren't you in sales?
You may be losing a little on every sale, but you're gonna make it up in volume!
haha...if you gave me a spec sheet of what you wanted im sure I can beat any "Quality" builders price...especially since your from HB :D Losing money on an engine, well not an option although I have tried to get approval for a few things like this...:eek: :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
haha...if you gave me a spec sheet of what you wanted im sure I can beat any "Quality" builders price...especially since your from HB :D Losing money on an engine, well not an option although I have tried to get approval for a few things like this...:eek: :D
BTW...I saw that "Trucks" show. If you guys couldn't get a SBC/6-71/carb right, what the hell is gonna happen on my BBC/twin-turbo/EFI?
Maybe I need a 3 year warranty...
:jawdrop:

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 01:07 PM
BTW...I saw that "Trucks" show. If you guys couldn't get a SBC/6-71/carb right, what the hell is gonna happen on my BBC/twin-turbo/EFI?
Maybe I need a 3 year warranty...
:jawdrop:
We had 3 hours to test and tune it once we got to the shows location. The whole show was a last minute deal. We had to adjust the jets a few times, but thats it. All said and done, the motor was to much power for the rear end and trans that were suppost to be able to handle it, we blew them both!
Now they are giving us the truck and beggin us to build them a 1000hp engine for it....;)

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2007, 01:10 PM
We had 3 hours to test and tune it once we got to the shows location. The whole show was a last minute deal.
So it's the customer's fault, eh? :idea:

Jordy
10-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Interesting. :idea: :jawdrop: :D

pw_Tony
10-31-2007, 01:16 PM
I would like to see a Stroked small block chrysler, but not just a 4" stroke... shoot for 450 cubic inches.
Fuel injected would be awesome, and SB chryslers can make some great power,
So yeh or neh?

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 01:18 PM
What customer? It was donated and there were no problems with it ;)

Jordy
10-31-2007, 01:22 PM
What customer? It was donated and there were no problems with it ;)
Now that's what I'm talking about. I'd like my engines donated, with a 3 year warranty. I'll even put a couple stickers on the boat to advertise, as long as they're no larger than 1" x 3" and are all white. :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm with Jordy on this one. Instead of the $35K, you'll get a couple stickers. When can I pick them up?
Thanks! I love Hot Boat!

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 01:26 PM
I would like to see a Stroked small block chrysler, but not just a 4" stroke... shoot for 450 cubic inches.
Fuel injected would be awesome, and SB chryslers can make some great power,
So yeh or neh?
We have done the 408 stroker with a edelbrock package putting out 430hp 501Tq, but have been looking into others. Just havent got much interest yet for chryslers. We love these big inch small blocks and want to produce a whole line of them. We are working on a whole line of EFI stroker engines. A chevy 427 small block EFI is almost done.

Jordy
10-31-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm with Jordy on this one. Instead of the $35K, you'll get a couple stickers. When can I pick them up?
Thanks! I love Hot Boat!
I figured you'd like the white sticker idea as well. What a great day on here. :D
Just let me know when my engines are done Brandon. Thanks. :)

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 01:30 PM
I figured you'd like the white sticker idea as well. What a great day on here. :D
Just let me know when my engines are done Brandon. Thanks. :)
No problem...start pulling your engines and a see through crate and engine will be on its way to you;) :D

soupersonic
10-31-2007, 01:30 PM
Thanks! I love Hot Boat!
Sounds like fair deal that has a great chance to end up in litigation. Oh and when they dont live up to their expectations can we please bash/slander the builder without any facts to support any so called true statements? :D :D

Jordy
10-31-2007, 01:33 PM
No problem...start pulling your engines and a see through crate and engine will be on its way to you;) :D
Wait just a second here, pulling my engines??? I don't think so. If I'm going to be on the receiving end of a couple of high power mills that I'm doing you a favor and running so you can get your name out there, via the stickers, I don't want some warmed over off the shelf engine that has been just sitting under a heat lamp for God knows how long. I want new engines and new parts. :D

pw_Tony
10-31-2007, 01:45 PM
We have done the 408 stroker with a edelbrock package putting out 430hp 501Tq, but have been looking into others. Just havent got much interest yet for chryslers. We love these big inch small blocks and want to produce a whole line of them. We are working on a whole line of EFI stroker engines. A chevy 427 small block EFI is almost done.
Only 430hp :idea:
That might have been decent for a stock stroke and stock heads, but that's alot of torque!

NOTALENT
10-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Only 430hp :idea:
That might have been decent for a stock stroke and stock heads, but that's alot of torque!
It had a smaller cam
488 IN X .491EX
@.50: 230 IN X 236 EX
We will have more in the works:)