PDA

View Full Version : Dead 3 year old found in plastic container

Old Texan
11-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Here's one that makes your blood boil on how the hell anyone could do such a thing. A fisherman found a plastic container with a dead 3-5 year old girl on a deserted island reef in Galveston Bay just south of Houston. She appears to have died from head trauma. No leads, no idea who she is....
Texas Heartbreak: Who Is Baby Grace?
Authorities Ask the Public's Help in ID-ing Girl Found Dead by Fisherman Monday Night
By DAVID SCHOETZ
Nov. 1, 2007
She should have been in costume Wednesday night, trick or treating with her family.
Instead, Texas authorities were trying to give her a name, and settled on "Baby Grace" as they reached out to the public in an effort to identify a girl found dead Monday night by a fisherman on a small sandbar reachable only by boat in West Galveston, Texas.
Sheriff's officers described Baby Grace as a white girl with blond hair between the ages of 3 and 5. She stood a little less than 3 feet tall and weighed about 30 pounds.
"For us, she is a whole lot more than an unidentified girl," Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo, a spokesman for the Galveston County Sheriff's Office, told ABC News. "She's somebody's child. Somebody's missing her."
While there's no real specific reason for choosing the name Grace, it was suggested, Tuttoilmondo said, by a friend who works with the local Crimestoppers organization. The name "is a human factor for folks to identify with," he said.
Authorities hope that someone will come forward with information that will allow them to stop using "Grace" in place of the girl's real name. They also want answers about how the girl died and what type of criminal charges should be pursued.
"This is a young person who has not received an appropriate burial," said Galveston Sheriff Gean Leonard. "We recognize that this death could be the result of an accident. One thing is that this is a young person who has not received an appropriate burial. Another thing is for someone to come forward and clear up the entire matter."
Still, detectives are treating the case like a homicide. Pathologists at the Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office are analyzing the body that had already begun to decompose. Results from various chemical tests may be required before an exact cause of death can be determined.
The girl's body was found inside a locked plastic Sterilite container, authorities said. She was wearing a pullover top, pink in color, a "broom-style" skirt in a matching color made of seersucker material, and a pair of Velcro sneakers

RiverDave
11-02-2007, 08:18 AM
That's one of the most awful things I've ever read on here..
RD

ratso
11-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Here's one that makes your blood boil on how the hell anyone could do such a thing. A fisherman found a plastic container with a dead 3-5 year old girl on a deserted island reef in Galveston Bay just south of Houston. She appears to have died from head trauma. No leads, no idea who she is....
:(

Jerrys59
11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Nothing suprises me these days. That sure does suck for sure.

Ziggy
11-02-2007, 10:35 AM
This is terrible to hear.:(
If no missing persons report has been filed by any parents then they would be very suspect IMO......

syke-o
11-02-2007, 10:57 AM
terrible story.. what makes it hit home even more for me is my daughter fits that description to a T.... she is 3, wears velcro sneakers alot, and loves pink.. same color hair as well...:(

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Awful news

Old Texan
11-26-2007, 08:57 AM
The Police have arrested the alleged mother and her "new" husband on related charges. These people are pond scum.
See the below story:
Couple Charged in Case of Missing Child Who May be 'Baby Grace'
An Ohio family that called Texas investigators over concerns that "Baby Grace'' might have been their young relative received a personal visit confirming that police believe their fears were true.
By Associated Press
Monday, November 26, 2007
Authorities are awaiting DNA test results but have tentatively identified the girl whose remains washed ashore on Galveston Bay last month as 2-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers of Spring, said Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo of the Galveston County Sheriff's Department.
A sheriff's deputy and an FBI agent visited the Sawyers family in Mentor, Ohio, on Sunday to deliver the news. Their trip came one day after the girl's mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, 19, and her husband, Royce Clyde Zeigler II, 24, were arrested in the case.
"We simply wanted to ensure personal notice and continue with the investigation of this tragic death,'' Galveston County District Attorney Kurt Sistrunk said of the investigators' Sunday trip to Ohio.
Trenor and Zeigler reportedly told relatives that Riley was taken in July by someone claiming to be an Ohio social worker. But they never told police she was missing, Tuttoilmondo said.
After police searched their home, they were arrested early Saturday and charged with injury to a child and tampering with evidence, Tuttoilmondo said. The couple remain jailed on bonds of $350,000 each.
Riley's paternal grandmother, Sheryl Sawyers, called Texas authorities to see if a missing-person report had been filed in Riley's case. She had seen reports of the discovery of the 2- or 3-year-old girl in a plastic storage bin Oct. 29. When she saw a sketch of Baby Grace, she thought it may be her granddaughter.
"Could somebody go check to see that she's OK?'' Sawyers said she asked police. "Then I get the call saying that she says she doesn't have the baby.''
Tuttoilmondo declined to say what was found in the home of Trenor and Zeigler, about 20 miles north of Houston, or what the couple may have said about Riley's disappearance.
Ray Sawyers of Mentor, the child's grandfather, said Sunday that authorities had asked his family not to comment.
Sheryl Sawyers said her son, Robert Sawyers, and Kimberly Trenor had Riley while they were teenagers and that the three of them lived with her in Mentor for about two years. Zeigler sent expensive gifts to Trenor while she still lived with Robert Sawyers, the child's grandmother said.
Last week, authorities said the families of eight missing children from all over the United States were being asked to provide DNA samples. Tuttoilmondo said they were selected from 110 cases of missing children who matched a description of the girl being called "Baby Grace.'' The child was described as being 2 or 3.
http://www.ktrh.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=121300&article=2968349

ratso
11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Just fukkin' shoot em and get it over with.:yuk:

snake321
11-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Pack them both in their own can and put a sail on it....

LEADFOOTjosh
11-26-2007, 12:14 PM
not good :( :(

centerhill condor
11-26-2007, 01:54 PM
The Police have arrested the alleged mother and her "new" husband on related charges. These people are pond scum.
they're worse than pond scum...where's my hangman's noose. We can get this done before drinks and dinner.
CC

73kona455
11-26-2007, 07:25 PM
i hope they kill the mom and step dad really slowly and painfully....:mad: :mad: :mad:
Documents: Mom Describes Killing Girl, 2
Nov 26, 8:29 PM (ET)
By JUAN A. LOZANO
GALVESTON, Texas (AP) - A woman believed to be the mother of a 2-year-old whose body was found in Galveston Bay told police she and the girl's stepfather beat and tortured the child to death, court documents show.
The details in an arrest affidavit paint a chilling picture of the last days of the girl investigators called "Baby Grace" as they worked for weeks to learn her identity.
Investigators are awaiting DNA test results but said Monday they are "fairly confident" that the body a fisherman found in a plastic box Oct. 29 is that of Riley Ann Sawyers. Her mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, and stepfather, Royce Clyde Zeigler II, were arrested early Saturday and are in custody on charges of hurting the girl.
"It was a few weeks ago I held up this little shoe and asked, 'Who is Baby Grace? Who does this belong to?'" sheriff's Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo said at a news conference. "We're now fairly confident we know the answer to that."
Zeigler attempted suicide last week and wrote a note saying, "My wife is innocent of the sins that I committed," according to the court documents, which were filed Saturday and first reported Monday by Houston television station KTRK.
An autopsy revealed that Riley suffered three skull fractures, but the cause of death has not been determined.
In a statement to police included in the affidavit, Trenor, 19, said she and Zeigler, 24, killed Riley July 24.
The girl was beaten with leather belts, had her head held underwater in a bathtub and then was thrown across a room, her head slamming into a tile floor, Trenor said in the document. She said they kept the body in a storage shed for one to two months before they put it in a plastic bin and dumped it into Galveston Bay.
Trenor said in the document that after her daughter was killed, Zeigler had her forge a document that the Ohio Department of Children's Services had taken Riley away because of allegations of sexual abuse.
Tuttoilmondo said Trenor had told relatives that someone claiming to be a social worker from Ohio, where Riley's father lives, took the girl in July.
Trenor's attorney, Tom Stickler, said she has cooperated with authorities. He declined to comment about her statement to investigators.
"But from what she said, there is no doubt that the girl found is Riley Sawyers," Stickler said.
Trenor and Zeigler were charged with injury to a child and tampering with evidence, Tuttoilmondo said. Bail was set at $350,000 each. The couple's next court appearance was expected to be scheduled on Tuesday.
Wendell Odom, Zeigler's attorney, declined to comment on the case except to say Zeigler grew up in Spring, about 75 miles north of Galveston, and works as an instrument technician in the oil industry.
Trenor and Zeigler met a couple of years ago playing an online game, World of Warcraft, and she moved with her daughter from suburban Cleveland to Spring in June, Stickler said.
Riley's paternal grandmother, Sheryl Sawyers, hadn't seen her granddaughter in months when she saw a police sketch of "Baby Grace." Thinking it might be Riley, she called authorities in Texas.
In Mentor, Ohio, on Monday, Sawyers wiped away tears at a news conference and held up the Elmo doll she had already bought Riley for Christmas.
"It's hard to think that I'll never see her again," she said.
The Sawyers family's attorney, Laura DePledge, said they take comfort in knowing that the girl is "resting peacefully and is no longer subject to abuse."
DePledge said Trenor and Sawyers' son, Robert Sawyers, also of Mentor, had been high school sweethearts. Sheryl Sawyers said she has not seen Riley since the girl and Trenor moved to Texas.
Robert Sawyers, who works in an auto-parts store, was never married to Trenor but lived with her and their daughter in his parents' home for about two years. He and Trenor split up after March 31, when he was charged with domestic violence against her.
DePledge said there was insufficient evidence to support the charge, which was reduced to disorderly conduct. Robert Sawyers is now married and has a 3-month-old son.
Riley "had a very big imagination for such a little girl," he said of his daughter. "She could play with anything and have fun with it."
Tuttoilmondo said investigators became emotionally involved in determining the little girl's identity.
"Any way you look at it, we carry a piece of her with us and will always carry a little piece of her with us," he said. "She's still our little girl."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/ADDITION_Child_s_Remains.sff_TXDE103_2007112615163 4.jpg
ADDS THAT INVESTIGATORS ARE "FAIRLY CONFIDENT" OF IDENTITY OF CHILD** Kimberly Ann Trenor, 19, of Spring , Texas is shown in this undated booking photo released by the Galveston County Sheriff's office. Trenor is the mother of Riley Ann Sawyers, 4, known as Baby Grace , a young girl found in a storage box on an island off of Galveston, Texas. Investigators said Monday, Nov. 26, 2007, they are "fairly confident" of the identity of a 2-year-old girl whose body washed ashore in a storage bin in Galveston Bay. Trenor and Royce Clyde Zeigler II, 24, were arrested early Saturday and charged with injury to a child and tampering with evidence, Tuttoilmondo said Monday, Nov. 26, 2007. (AP Photo/Galveston County Sheriff's Office)

ratso
11-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Kill that fukkin' kunt...:mad:

kap
11-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Question?
Where are the Second Degree murder charges or the lesser included offenses of manslaughter.
If you have a confession and brutal facts as described what the hell is the district attorney thinking. Alleged charges pending are injury to a child a low level felony charge and evidence destruction. WTF.
The facts just don't add up to the charges.
KAP
P.S. I hope everyone says a little prayer for this little girl [I did] I know she is in a better place.

centerhill condor
11-27-2007, 07:57 AM
I say we post their bond and wait outside the jail...I'll furnish the rope.
CC

Smokin Cigarettes
11-27-2007, 08:14 AM
F the rope. She needs to be beat to death just like the girl was. I would let the girls biological father loose on her and the stepdad.

Mrs.Moose on the loose
11-27-2007, 08:48 AM
This is aweful, my stomach is churning and I feel sick, sad part is there are alot of people out there who would of adopted this beautiful child. I do agree with the old saying " An eye for a eye".
Do what to them what they did to her.
God bless that little angel and rest in peace.

Jbb
11-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Kill that fukkin' kunt...:mad:
Yep...:mad: