PDA

View Full Version : Hey fasterdammit!!! a Q for you

scarabrick2
03-02-2006, 01:18 PM
24' Superboat ????? Any input?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107199
dregsz
My 24 Superboat takes 3 foot+ open water without blinking.
And it goes 70+
It's for sale and I'll deliver it to Havasu (wherever that is???) for the cost of fuel
Attached Images
superboat1.jpg (63.8 KB, 40 views)
superboat6.jpg (75.1 KB, 25 views)
superboat7.jpg (27.2 KB, 23 views)
Anybody know this boat or what's it worth?
I tried to PM the owner but no luck so far.
Rick

Huntingtonbeach
03-03-2006, 09:47 AM
My 30Y2K is on order... I found if you go to OSO.com there is a section for Superboat with all the info you could ever want to know about the 24. The owners over there seem to be very happy with there boats and you here of a lot of older hulls still running around. Check it out and if you have any thing specific you want to know call the factory. The owner John Coen answers the phone and could probably tell you all you would ever want to know.
Rob

scarabrick2
03-03-2006, 10:24 AM
There're a great boat but I don't know how the re-sale value holds up?
I was kind of hoping for some insite on how much this boat is worth. I really want a OB boat as I would like a lot of cockpit room. Myself being on the WEST COAST , if I try and sell it later am I going to have a hard time as a lot of them I see are back east.
Any feed back would be great.
Rick

FASTERDAMITT
03-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get to ya. As for the value, I really am not sure. Since I was in the market for a 30 foot boat i didn't focus to much on anything else. Like Huntington said Offshoreonly.com is the place to be for rough water boats. On ***boat here 98% are lake boats and don't like big water, well fast anyway. as for comparing it to a lake boat you will find the deep V will lean a little more than a 18 or 21 deg bottom. I think a good trim tabs should be on the boat just in case you have some big boys on one side of the boat and not the other. On my 30 Y2K it does not seem to be a problem once I set the trim in the correct spot. If the trim in in or out to far you can feel the prop torque leaning the boat some. Then again it depends on how big of prop your spinning if it will make any difference. Small props less torque.
I think you will like how smooth it rides in the roughest water. Construction should be top notch. The Johnson V8 is old school but still get the job done in the mid 70 mph range. I like outboards and was a outboard fanatic for 20yrs. But when I drove a supercharged I/O it was over for me. Now I don't think I will buy another outboard boat unless it's a sport fisher or similar.
Here's a link to something for ya. http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-9186.html
Tom