PDA

View Full Version : So I am trying to buy a car from the autotrader...

Tremor Therapy
11-03-2007, 08:44 AM
So I am trying to buy a car from the Autotrader, and have contacted the sellers of 2 different cars by e-mail and called their listed phone numbers. I have been doing this twice a day since Wednesday, and all I get are their answering machines and no responses to my e-mails. Both cars I am looking at are new listings...so what the hell gives? :confused:
When I was selling my last boat I got back in touch with people immediately if I could. I guess I'll just have to move on to the next one. :mad:

Trailer Park Casanova
11-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Our stuff usually sells the minute it hits the pages of AT and BT.
Your sellers may have also sold it instantly and just don't wanna talk.
It's a PITA getting an ad place'd on AT/BT, but stuff sell superfast if priced reasonably.

maxwedge
11-03-2007, 09:19 AM
I know this sounds like a dickhead thing to do, but I've put adds in for vehichles, sold them almost right away and then come home from work for the next few days until they remove the add from the paper to like 25 or 30 messages on the answering machine. Be damnned if I'm gonna spend 30-45 minutes every night calling people back just to tell them it's sold.

Tremor Therapy
11-03-2007, 09:38 AM
I understand your point, but an e-mail response of "sold" takes less than 10 seconds, and you will miss out on the 6 phone messages that I have left.

ChumpChange
11-03-2007, 10:12 AM
As a prank in college, I took a picture and listed a fraternity brother's truck in the AT. It was for a more than reasonable price. The first day he had 19 messages on his phone. That went on for a couple weeks. :D

MBlaster
11-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I know this sounds like a dickhead thing to do, but I've put adds in for vehichles, sold them almost right away and then come home from work for the next few days until they remove the add from the paper to like 25 or 30 messages on the answering machine. Be damnned if I'm gonna spend 30-45 minutes every night calling people back just to tell them it's sold.
Yea but when I sell something I usually put a message on my voicemail that said item is sold.
Course a lot of people aren't as smart as me.;)

Not So Fast
11-03-2007, 12:52 PM
So I am trying to buy a car from the Autotrader, and have contacted the sellers of 2 different cars by e-mail and called their listed phone numbers. I have been doing this twice a day since Wednesday, and all I get are their answering machines and no responses to my e-mails. Both cars I am looking at are new listings...so what the hell gives? :confused:
When I was selling my last boat I got back in touch with people immediately if I could. I guess I'll just have to move on to the next one. :mad:
Ive been looking for a Golf cart (not a hot market) and left numerous emails and not one return, and I mean numerous so I doubt they were all sold:confused: NSF

Ivan Dan
11-03-2007, 02:01 PM
I've been shopping for a truck from the AT and Craigslist and I've found that people are flakey. I've done the same as you, left VM's and e-mails and no response. It mind boggles me how people expect to sell their $hit if they don't answer the damn phone or return messages.

SummitKarl
11-03-2007, 03:49 PM
if it's a good deal it's usally gone by the time the Traders hit the news stand, I think they screen for it a bit better now but it use to be that dealers and such would have their own employees get hired on at the Trader and feed them the deals before it was even finished printing:mad: :)

Redneck
11-03-2007, 06:26 PM
what are you looking for I got a car for sale and ill return your call